Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Pacers Knicks Postgame Thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers Knicks Postgame Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wtelfair View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Walsh is well known for spending Pacer money freely. Remember JO and Choshere.
    Yeah he might have been behind the Roy and Hill contracts but i think Pritchard was the one doing the bench moves making it terrible
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Funny thing is...

Amundson, Barbosa and Collison are cheaper than Augustin, Green and Mahinimi.

Depressing.
    my head hurts when i think we pay mahinmi 4 mil.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    What the hell is wrong with you?

I've had my fill of the village people with their pitchforks and torches out in full swing ..
    On that note.. , it's time for me to bid you all adieu ...
    I need a short break from this madness...

Quite a few of you are gonna look and feel really foolish in the near future for the harsh and ignorant comments spewing from your keyboards..

As said before, some of you aught to be ashamed of yourselves..
    If I have offended you then I am truly sorry. And no, I'm not being sarcastic again. I just feel like in most cities, Hibbert would be getting booed by now and it would be the norm. While I've never been high on Hibbert, I haven't written Hibbert off yet and I think he'll get it together here at some point.

The Pacers will get it together at some point and I think you'll be right; it's probably too early to read too much into this 4-7 start. But that doesn't change my view that we'd be better off with someone like Varejao instead of having to rely on Hibbert.

Quote Originally Posted by xtacy View Post
    my head hurts when i think we pay mahinmi 4 mil.
    I agree and for 4 years as well.
    It doesn't hurt as bad today as it did the day Cuban fleeced us. I never once thought the overall move to get Ian, and Augustin were anything but terrible. Almost everyone declared what a good overall move it was and now we'd have a great distributor in Augustin and a big man who had worked for the past 5 years with Dirk and Duncan who could protect the rim.
    Of course the fact that he still couldn't rebound or protect the rim even after playing 5 years with 2 of the best big men in the league didn't really matter, he was going to come in here and tear it up.
    If Walsh wanted Ian he could have most likely signed him for 1 year at 4 mil and not give anything away to Cuban, better yet we could have signed the Center Cuban did by offering Kaman a longer contract while saving the money in keeping DC and Barbosa.

Just checking to see if this post ever appears. Only one of my previous five have actually appeared.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I actually don't think this is Donnie Walsh's fault.

Who hijacked Peck's account?
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by greyhound80 View Post
    Just checking to see if this post ever appears. Only one of my previous five have actually appeared.
    New poster needs to have posts cleared until you get a certain number of them.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    This has been a nightmare of falling dominoes. I had no idea Granger's absence could be so disastrous. I knew it would hurt, but this was the equivalent of a 50-something win team last year with otherwise the same starters, same staff, and a revised bench that on paper looked like an equal or better fit.

Yet God damn if not nearly everyone is playing the worst ball of their lives save maybe Lance and Tyler. And those two aren't exactly begging for big bucks on their next contracts.

This has just been a spectacular disaster thus far. So many of these players are and have been better than this. They really are/have. But this turn of events has appeared to have this demonic ripple effect on practically the entire roster, and honestly Frank is not the ideal coach to deal with this situation.

It's not that he's a bad coach, but this is his first tour of duty in his career, and in tough times like this I think a team really needs a veteran coach who can better keep the ship afloat, be a constant teacher during practice, and drill offensive sets that have better spacing and execution than this.

I still believe in what this team could/should be with a healthy Danny, but my God it's all come down like a house of cards with that piece missing.

Sooooo many things ought to be better than they are right now it's not even funny. I have no clue how they're going to straighten any of it out while Danny recovers. I wish I did.

They're theoretically much better than this, yet they seem incapable of pulling themselves out of the mud right now.

If this team doesn't get out of their funk and takes on a whipped puppy attitude, Granger returning isn't the answer even with him wearing his Batman costume and doing his best impression of Batman.

The way this team is playing I'm not sure they can dig themselves out of the hole they have put themselves in to make the playoffs. That is such a sad thought after last years suiccess!

Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    What's actually HILARIOUS is there is nothing inconsistent there at all. I like Hill. I think he is an elite 6th man, solid starting 2, and average to sub average starting 1. Despite that he is overpaid. He is overpaid regardless of liking him because he was a restricted free agent who we gave a contract bidding against no one. Every single RFA ever you should tell them hey, go get an offer. You can always match it if you want. If you don't want to, then you can make your bid, and maybe they take a little pay cut to stay, maybe not. You NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER bid against yourself. That's the biggest failure possible in that scenario. Continuing with how these thoughts aren't inconsistent, despite liking Hill, I can still see that having BOTH Hill and Collison would improve out back court. You are presenting a false dichotomy that suggests we can only have 1 of these players. We could very easily still have both right now.

This is one of the better posts I've read on this board in awhile!!! Thanks again for you posting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    I agree and for 4 years as well.
    It doesn't hurt as bad today as it did the day Cuban fleeced us. I never once thought the overall move to get Ian, and Augustin were anything but terrible. Almost everyone declared what a good overall move it was and now we'd have a great distributor in Augustin and a big man who had worked for the past 5 years with Dirk and Duncan who could protect the rim. Of course the fact that he still couldn't rebound or protect the rim even after playing 5 years with 2 of the best big men in the league didn't really matter, he was going to come in here and tear it up.
    If Walsh wanted Ian he could have most likely signed him for 1 year at 4 mil and not give anything away to Cuban, better yet we could have signed the Center Cuban did by offering Kaman a longer contract while saving the money in keeping DC and Barbosa.
    I think this is a common misconception. In fact, initially no one liked the trade. It wasn't until after listening to Pacer's propaganda that people actually starting warming up to it.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...arren+collison
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.