Thread: Pacers Knicks Postgame Thread

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers Knicks Postgame Thread

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have the best defense in basketball. And were second in the league in rebounds.
    Ha, ha, that is a great joke. I don't care what the stats say, do you actually believe that? How do you rate the defense and by how many criteria? Is that rebound stat fueled by offensive rebounds? Make a few shots now and then and that will go down...

The Pacers didn't really go cheap, they just went dumb. DJA makes a million more that DC. Mahinmi makes double what Lou made. Green makes the same money we could have resigned Barbosa for. The big point on money is we have 47+ million tied up in 4 starters and we're about 3 mill from tax limit. Money isn't the problem, the players are.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cousy47 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Hibbert won't shoot 35% all season. He made the all-star team last year for a reason. Odds will even out in his favor just like when DG had the worst shooting percent in the league.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pacers_heath For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    Hope he gets better.
    Not a high hurdle.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Banned

On a positive note this team is starting to look good, people need to stop freaking out, it has only been 10 games, so far so good I think, the bench is looking amazing too.

Go Pacers

Mood

Side note: Sam Young is a defensive stud. PG's defensive loos good too. Once we get our offensive to within normal standards I think we're going to be tough with or without DG33

Quote Originally Posted by DonSwanson View Post
    Don't blame Roy Hibbert for how he plays. You're being too hard on him and frankly so is Coach Vogel. I mean, how is it supposed to help Hibbert's confidence that the coach will only play him 25 minutes? He should get the chance to play more minutes as he continues to struggle, because what matters most is his development. O'Brien was guilty of the same thing, only playing him 24 minutes a game in his second season when he should have been playing 34 regardless of his performance and regardless of matchups. He's a great guy and has an awesome personality and works hard. Geez, give the guy a break.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MiaDragon For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    Or too bad Troy Murphy can't be on every team the Pacers play.
    Wouldn't it be an interesting movie idea if in a futuristic, bizarro science fiction movie there was a coach who could cajole a top 10 field goal defense out of a team that was playing Troy Murphy and Mike Dunleavy heavy minutes for the entire season? Nah, probably too Hollywood make believe and not enough realism.

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    We have the best defense in basketball. And were second in the league in rebounds.
    Maybe because the other team has the 2nd/3rd team on the floor in the second Qtr. When you shoot 20% you have quite a few more rebounds to grab.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MiaDragon For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Cousy47 View Post
    The Pacers didn't really go cheap, they just went dumb. DJA makes a million more that DC. Mahinmi makes double what Lou made. Green makes the same money we could have resigned Barbosa for. The big point on money is we have 47+ million tied up in 4 starters and we're about 3 mill from tax limit. Money isn't the problem, the players are.
    Good luck with this. It doesn't fit the narrative a lot of people are trying to build.

a three point threat would be nice

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mrknowname For This Useful Post:

Mood

If there is anyone on the team I'm not a fan of its Gerald Green. I seriously cringe every time he comes in the game and especially when he gets the ball. Hope he turns it around ... Right now i much prefer Sam Young at least he can play D and isnt retarded with the ball.

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    On a positive note this team is starting to look good, people need to stop freaking out, it has only been 10 games, so far so good I think, the bench is looking amazing too.

Go Pacers
    ha ha

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by InYaFace View Post
    .I get all the Hibbert hate, but I don't feel like he is the one to blame. He didn't gave himself this contract!
    He kind of forced the Pacers hand by saying he was going to walk if they didn't match Portland's offer. Nice (and sad) to see another Indians fan

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post

Go Pacers
    I dont understand if this is extreme sarcasm or not?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by mrknowname View Post
    a three point threat would be nice
    I don't get this argument honestly we have tons of shooters. Especially with Lance's improvement. I know our shots aren't falling now you cant tell me George, Green, Hill, Augustine, Lance, and West's midrange is not a competent shooting squad. We have a lot more shooters than the 2003-04 team did

Quote Originally Posted by pacers_heath View Post
    Hibbert won't shoot 35% all season. He made the all-star team last year for a reason..
    Two reasons, actually:

1. Contract year
    2. Every other center in the Eastern Conference not named Dwight Howard sucked.

As I said months ago when I argued that we should let Hibbert walk, him being an All Star was the subject of a few laughs for several NBA analysts. He's not a "perennial All Star" by any stretch. He can't even get back a small forward down, be serious.

Quote Originally Posted by DonSwanson View Post
    He's a great guy and has an awesome personality and works hard.
    i believe those things can be said for me too. ok where are my millions?

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xtacy For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrike View Post
    Two reasons, actually:

1. Contract year
    2. Every other center in the Eastern Conference not named Dwight Howard sucked.

As I said months ago when I argued that we should let Hibbert walk, him being an All Star was the subject of a few laughs for several NBA analysts. He's not a "perennial All Star" by any stretch. He can't even get back a small forward down, be serious.
    You might want to rewatch footage from last season. He looked like a completely different player he just needs his confidence back. Do you not remember Noah unable to guard him? He can be a force. We had a great inside out game because of him last year. He got offered max contracts by three teams. I can't say to see him prove you wrong.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by xtacy View Post
    i believe those things can be said for me too. ok where are my millions?
    You'll get them when you become a professional athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by pacers_heath View Post
    I don't get this argument honestly we have tons of shooters. Especially with Lance's improvement. I know our shots aren't falling now you cant tell me George, Green, Hill, Augustine, Lance, and West's midrange is not a competent shooting squad. We have a lot more shooters than the 2003-04 team did

granger is our best at a career 38% from three

Banned

And also how about that Mahinmi guy? best sign of the off season in the NBA if you ask me, he is like a mix of Hakeem with Russel, wow what a player.

Step aside, King James BlueNGold's Avatar

The Pacers are in a funk and that's mostly because they lack shooters right now. Granger and Collison used to hit a lot of pressure shots and they are not out there. Also, Granger is clearly the best offensive weapon on the team and he's not there. Then there is the problem with the offense they attempted to install...and now we are scrambling.

On top of that, I cannot emphasize enough how good the Knicks are this year. They have a lot of talent and while some of that is old talent, we are talking all-star level players coming off the bench. I recall bringing this up over the summer and people did not believe it. The Knicks will be a force to be reckoned with this year.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

I think maybe I should step back and take a break from reading the forum for about a month untill the ship gets righted back on course with this team.. I am usually a pretty positive person, even while things are looking badly at the start of the season here for us... But I must say, that the utter gloom and badmouthing of our players and coaches from forum members whom are supposed to be the "cream of the crop" of Pacers fans, is really starting to get to me and making me not want to even be a part of all this.... It's bad enough having to watch it on the court, but then to have it all amplified 100 fold on an internet forum is just starting to wear thin on my psyche ...

Do the players and coaching staff deserve criticism for this stinky turd of a season beginning ?

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!
    And of course I not only condone it , but encourage it...

But some of the negative and derogatory comments I've seen over the last few weeks makes me ashamed, even moreso than of having to grit my teeth and watch our dismal play thus far this season...

Come on Pacers Digest , as a whole you guys/gals are BETTER than that .... /sigh
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    The Pacers are in a funk and that's mostly because they lack shooters right now. Granger and Collison used to hit a lot of pressure shots and they are not out there. Also, Granger is clearly the best offensive weapon on the team and he's not there. Then there is the problem with the offense they attempted to install...and now we are scrambling.

On top of that, I cannot emphasize enough how good the Knicks are this year. They have a lot of talent and while some of that is old talent, we are talking all-star level players coming off the bench. I recall bringing this up over the summer and people did not believe it. The Knicks will be a force to be reckoned with this year.

I was big all summer on the Knicks too. Never underestimate the impact that guys like Kidd and Sheed can have on a team, despite their age. These are two veteran champions who command instant respect in the locker room. They know how a championship team conducts itself and when they talk, the other guys listen.

Not signing Lin looks to be a smart move. I'd rather have Kidd and Felton. Felton is just a different player in NY.

The Knicks are just a more talented team than the Pacers from top to bottom, Granger or no Granger. I think you'd have to be out of your mind if you'd rather have the Pacers' roster than the Knicks.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post: