Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pacers Knicks Postgame Thread

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers Knicks Postgame Thread

at least there won't be any apprehension about them bringing Danny back too early

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What happened to the players on this team? Danny's a huge loss, but is it really this much. Perhaps it's as simple as missing his shot making, and the fact that the defense keys on him. (Instead of Roy..who now can't score and no one draws defenders off of him.)

Our bench was significantly better last year. Like..it's not even close.
    I think it's this. The starters weren't THIS bad to start the season, but the bench has always been awful. I think it has thrown the rhythm of the entire team off. I fully think the front office is to blame. They went cheap and its killed us.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

The 2012-2013 Indiana Pacers: We probably won't beat your team, but we'll make the game highly aesthetically displeasing.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

UGH! WE can't score enough points! How does this get better?
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

i could only stand the first half. **** this team and especially **** roy. we spent all that money on this useless piece of ****. this guy doesn't even deserve a jersey right now. and please don't bother to tell me not to overreact and calm down because i won't. i'm pissed beyond belief. i spent all that money on league pass to watch these guys play and this is how they play. i don't think they even ****ing care right now.

Custom User Titleist
    Another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have been a huge Vogel fan, but with supposedly such a high quality coaching staff "team", how can the Pacers literally have no direction offensively? Maybe Bird was actually coaching the team through Vogel last year and the end of the transition year?????

Regardless, how can they sit idly by and just let this continue?

When the quote from Burke just before the second half of today's game indicated that things were basically fine and that more shots like they got in the first half and that they just needed to keep taking more jumpers until they start going in, I wanted to just stop watching. I will know better next time.

The Pacers truly need to watch some college basketball, and mimic that. Play fundamental, physical basketball with passing and purposeful player movement on offense. Add to that some player communication.

My enthusiasm is now on life support. Last year's team had expectations of good play and hustle and physicality, and tremendous chemistry that was obvious on the court. Little to none of that exists this year. Granger being missing could have some impact on that, but not nearly to this extent.

Quote Originally Posted by odeez View Post
    UGH! WE can't score enough points! How does this get better?
    Get better players. A lineup of Augustin, Green, Sam Young, Hansbrough, Mahimni is going to struggle against anyone.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

I don't have to see any more from Hibbert this year. He's a detriment, a powderpuff and a contract albatross. So the only question is, what the heck can the Pacers do about it from here?

To be fair, Tyson Chandler always eats Roy Hibbert's lunch. Even pre-mega rich Roy.
    DG for 3

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ColeTheMole For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    I don't have to see any more from Hibbert this year. He's a detriment, a powderpuff and a contract albatross. So the only question is, what the heck can the Pacers do about it from here?
    Hope he gets better.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by xtacy View Post
    i could only stand the first half. **** this team and especially **** roy. we spent all that money on this useless piece of ****. this guy doesn't even deserve a jersey right now. and please don't bother to tell me not to overreact and calm down because i won't. i'm pissed beyond belief. i spent all that money on league pass to watch these guys play and this is how they play. i don't think they even ****ing care right now.
    Gloom and doom in Pacers land? It is still to early for that. I don't think the Pacers would have been in this game even if they had a healthy Granger..... I took lots of crap in the off season for saying that I thought both NY teams had passed Indy. I still think that is true and it would be true even with Granger.....

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    Hope he gets better.
    Scary, sad...but true.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    Gloom and doom in Pacers land? It is still to early for that. I don't think the Pacers would have been in this game even if they had a healthy Granger..... I took lots of crap in the off season for saying that I thought both NY teams had passed Indy. I still think that is true and it would be true even with Granger.....
    Yep, even if we had Granger, we still dynamically made the team worse with the off season moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    Don't blame Roy Hibbert for how he plays. You're being too hard on him and frankly so is Coach Vogel. I mean, how is it supposed to help Hibbert's confidence that the coach will only play him 25 minutes? He should get the chance to play more minutes as he continues to struggle, because what matters most is his development. O'Brien was guilty of the same thing, only playing him 24 minutes a game in his second season when he should have been playing 34 regardless of his performance and regardless of matchups. He's a great guy and has an awesome personality and works hard. Geez, give the guy a break.

yeah like i said earlier our problems are way bigger than granger's injury right now.

Were people joking around when they were disagreeing with you on this point? Please tell me they were lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DonSwanson View Post
    Don't blame Roy Hibbert for how he plays. You're being too hard on him and frankly so is Coach Vogel. I mean, how is it supposed to help Hibbert's confidence that the coach will only play him 25 minutes? He should get the chance to play more minutes as he continues to struggle, because what matters most is his development. O'Brien was guilty of the same thing, only playing him 24 minutes a game in his second season when he should have been playing 34 regardless of his performance and regardless of matchups. He's a great guy and has an awesome personality and works hard. Geez, give the guy a break.
    That's a load of crap. He's doing nothing to justify minutes out on the court. He's a 7'2" big who can't muscle or rebound. You can't reward mental marshmallows and laziness.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Well Portland got very lucky.

Mood

I know this game was awful, but I'm still not as worried as most of you. Our offense is in a slump and off the charts bad. We won't continue to shoot under 40% and turn the ball over at this rate because we'd be setting NBA records doing so. The worst shooting team in the NBA never finishes a season with these poor of offensive stats. It's actually encouraging that we have still win games shooting under 40% with 20+ turnovers on the regular. I'd be worried if our players were actually playing well and it just not being enough. Our defensive and rebounding are solid and the offense WILL come. Roy won't miss point blank layups for 35% all season. Has he ever shot 35% on a season? Not even close. We showed how good we can look last game when our offensive looks halfway normal and the odds WILL even out in our favor EVENTUALLY. We had a 5 and 6 game losing streak last year that was every bit as bad as this, but we turned it around even though you negative nancies cried the whole time. Just relax and get a grip people or go whine on some other board where people want to hear it. Go Pacers!

Sports Logo

Wow...that was ugly!

When you look at the boxscore, the only two areas where we really sucked are shooting and turnovers.
    I think West and George had ok games and Gerald Green shot 100%, but didn't shoot much before the last 3 minutes...I don't get that?!
    Tyler Hansbrough gave us that energy game...yeah and that's about it...

The reason we lost so bad was the fact that our two centers both really sucked...I get all the Hibbert hate, but I don't feel like he is the one to blame. He didn't gave himself this contract! I don't think that Hibbert does perform so bad by design. He is a hard worker, he played good last year and Portland made him this offer...of course the PD GMs out here wouldn't have made this deal, because back then it was crystal clear that Omer Asik would perform better than our Allstar Center...come on guys. Hibbert is in a big big slump but instead of whining about his contract and making comparissons to the Murphleavy era, we should cool down and talk about how he maybe could get out of his slump. Man we didn't gave up on Stephenson, so why the hell should we give up on Hibbert now???

I blame the coaching staff for giving Hibbert the ball too much today, but I understand that a guy who has no confidence has to shoot and hit to get his confidence back. I think today was just a bit too much feeding Roy...and Mahinmi too!

Hill and Lance both had bad games too...they had decent assist numbers (which is freaking good, when you look at our poor shooting), but both couldn't hit a shot on their own today.

So why didn't we hit a shot? A lot of that has to do with the mentality of shooting stupid 3's, making an entry pass and waiting what happens and giving the wrong guy in the wrong position the ball. Lance made too much 1on1 today.

Oh did I mention DJ Augustine??? WOW...who remembers that this guy was the starter of a NBA team for several years??? He is just not comitted, it is crazy...little Hans has 10000000000000000 times more aggressivenes and passion in his game than Augustine.

Okay...we lost against the Knicks in a game where we played good D again but couldn't hit anything. I hope our coaches and our players come together and regroup some time in the not to distant future, but for now watching them play really reminds me of 2008/09...ugly ball.

Go Pacers...season isn't over yet! GO ROY HIBBERT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    Well Portland got very lucky.
    someone on realgm forum was calling him hedo 2.0.

Someone needs to organize a players only meeting. The body language of this team is terrible; you could tell they were going to lose as soon as the Knicks went up double-digits.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We have the best defense in basketball. And were second in the league in rebounds.

If any one see's a replay of the game can confirm this but early in the 2nd half Roy was boxing out Melo on a FT attempt and Melo moved Roy. This is unacceptable a small forward was moving our 7'2 center.

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    Get better players. A lineup of Augustin, Green, Sam Young, Hansbrough, Mahimni is going to struggle against anyone.
    You forgot Hibbert? Take out Mahinmi and the guys you mentioned went 6-for-9 with 3 turnovers. Roy Hibbert went 3-for-10 with 6 turnovers.

You can't blame it on the bench when they're brought into the game at a deficit every time.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to 3rdStrike For This Useful Post: