Thread: Pacers Knicks Postgame Thread

Mood

Default Re: Pacers Knicks Postgame Thread

Reggie was only a career 39% but yeah he sucked too

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

I plea the 5th
    Last edited by Pacer Fan; 11-18-2012 at 06:53 PM.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Pacers are in a funk and that's mostly because they lack shooters right now. Granger and Collison used to hit a lot of pressure shots and they are not out there. Also, Granger is clearly the best offensive weapon on the team and he's not there. Then there is the problem with the offense they attempted to install...and now we are scrambling.

On top of that, I cannot emphasize enough how good the Knicks are this year. They have a lot of talent and while some of that is old talent, we are talking all-star level players coming off the bench. I recall bringing this up over the summer and people did not believe it. The Knicks will be a force to be reckoned with this year.
    Nah the Pacers are just as good or even better, if Danny is here we beat them by at least 20, Danny would have destroyed Melo, Danny>>>>Melo, not only that but Roy>>> Chandler, BAMF>>> the whole Knicks team, by the way I can't believe we haven't given BAMF a long term extension yet, 60/5 years sounds about right to me.

Call me crazy but it looks to me like Green is on his way for 6th man of the year, if it wasn't for Mahinmi I would probably nominate him as the best off season signing in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by pacers_heath View Post
    You might want to rewatch footage from last season. He looked like a completely different player he just needs his confidence back. Do you not remember Noah unable to guard him? He can be a force. We had a great inside out game because of him last year. He got offered max contracts by three teams. I can't say to see him prove you wrong.
    I've yet to see a player who scores 12.8 ppg in his career year be called "a force" unless he's coming off the bench. I think you've still got the home team blinders on when it comes to Big Money.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3rdStrike For This Useful Post:

Reggie was only a career 39% but yeah he sucked too
    smh. please tell me which player on the roster right now is going to replace grangers three point shooting?

Quote Originally Posted by InYaFace View Post
    Wow...that was ugly!

When you look at the boxscore, the only two areas where we really sucked are shooting and turnovers.
    You mean the two most important stats?
    I thought we were going to emphasize ball movement and open up the court more. I saw us dumping it in to Roy again today. That is never, ever, EVER going to work. He is not very good and no one ever goes to the boards when he shoots. Not gonna work!
    At one point today we trailed 26-21 for about five minutes. We stopped them time after time and what did we do? Come down, shoot a quick jumper or watch Roy miss a jump hook. When you suck at shooting, how about emphasize off. rebounding and getting to the FT line?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I was big all summer on the Knicks too. Never underestimate the impact that guys like Kidd and Sheed can have on a team, despite their age. These are two veteran champions who command instant respect in the locker room. They know how a championship team conducts itself and when they talk, the other guys listen.

Not signing Lin looks to be a smart move. I'd rather have Kidd and Felton. Felton is just a different player in NY.

The Knicks are just a more talented team than the Pacers from top to bottom, Granger or no Granger. I think you'd have to be out of your mind if you'd rather have the Pacers' roster than the Knicks.
    Plus if Amare concedes to go to the bench, you have a bench unit of Prigioni, Smith, Novak, Amare, and Sheed. That's 3 good shooters (Smith, Novak, and Sheed) to allow spacing for an Amare and Prigioni (or Felton or Kidd) pick and roll game.

You'll get them when you become a professional athlete.
    not enough though. also have to find guys stupid enough to think good character is enough to give someone that kind of money. that's not easy.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to xtacy For This Useful Post:

Im done with Roy yeah call this an overreaction post but why every single damn year does he do this funk garbage we shouldnt have given him the max because of this very reason he's way to inconsistent.

ughh
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    Im done with Roy yeah call this an overreaction post but why every single damn year does he do this funk garbage we shouldnt have given him the max because of this very reason he's way to inconsistent.

ughh
    don't say that man. he's an awesome person.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to xtacy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post

Our offseason additions have added up to a big fat O.

AND just who left this team in a mess 3 years ago? Oh yeah, the same person who is in charge of this team now!

I quit watching this game in the 3rd qtr. I'd seen enough of little ball movement and too much 3 pt shooting. Another game of shooting 20 3ptrs. Don't tell me Jimmy Vogel can't reign in the players from relying on shooting 3's. If he can't or won't, then he needs to step down and let someone else who can. I had my fill of stretch 4's and 3 pt shooting under the last coach to last me a life time.

Just how many games into the season does it take to come to the conclusion this team needs fixed? What really P***** me off is I went thru the brawl, the albatross contracts that Walsh brought in, and the JOB years for this crap!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

ughh
    Three years ago I perceived a colossal mistake brewing for a fanbase to be fervently opposed to a Coach's decision to not revolve the entire team around an awkward, poor rebounding, asmathic second year center and to "limit" his playing time to 25 minutes per game and in a situational context. It was a mistake to think it was generally best to reward Hibbert with more minutes when it was not always deserved. To perceive Roy Hibbert as a someday franchise cornerstone who would someday become a reliable rebounder and would someday not go into future shutdown funks so long as he had a friendlier, less demanding, less pricklier coach was always a mistake and a bad habit which we are paying for today. Most Pacers fans have always been unfair to Hibbert for expecting him to be something that he is not and never will be, and for not holding him more accountable sooner. Hey in one sense I'm happy for him that these delusions and excuse making on his behalf by many fans and carried over into the front office have made him a very wealthy man, but it's also rather unfair for most to expect him to be a consistent 17 and 10 and 2 guy, the kind of production which would be commensurate with his new contract. It would sure be nice though if he could at least shoot 50% someday and regularly give us more than 9 rebounds a night. As was the case a few years ago and remains today, sometimes we are just a better team with Roy Hibbert sitting on the bench.

ughh
    It started a few years ago when the vast majority of fans were outraged over Hibbert's "lack" of playing time and that he wasn't handed an unconditional starting lineup guarantee. What? I couldn't believe it, because I always felt it was too much too soon to play the guy that much, and now here we are. My assumption was that very few teams and very few coaches would have been comfortable with playing this guy 25 minutes a night and handing him an unconditional starting lineup spot in just his season season. But we can't be done with him now. We've made our bed and now we're sleeping in it.

So I flew to NYto see this game. Bought my tickets before the season started. Worst game I've ever been too by far.

I usually enjoy a good back and forth with the Knicks fans, Even when we lose. This time though there was no ribbing, no trash talk. The Knicks fans just felt sorry for me. Even bought me a beer.

Blah...

Quote Originally Posted by DonSwanson View Post
    It started a few years ago when the vast majority of fans were outraged over Hibbert's "lack" of playing time and that he wasn't handed an unconditional starting lineup guarantee. What? I couldn't believe it, because I always felt it was too much too soon to play the guy that much, and now here we are. My assumption was that very few teams and very few coaches would have been comfortable with playing this guy 25 minutes a night and handing him an unconditional starting lineup spot in just his season season. But we can't be done with him now. We've made our bed and now we're sleeping in it.

Walsh made the bed for Hibbert that Herb Simon is now paying for. Not to mention having the Pacers Nation up in arms with the terrible play they are having to watch.
    Welcome back Donnie.

Last part in GREEN.

Quote Originally Posted by mrknowname View Post
    granger is our best at a career 38% from three
    This team has not a single player who is a true three point threat. By that I mean a guy who, whenever he gets even a decent look from deep, everyone holds their breath or cringes (opposition). Our guys are more like, well he might hit, but he might brick and then tailspin into an ice cold streak for a few games.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    This team has not a single player who is a true three point threat. By that I mean a guy who, whenever he gets even a decent look from deep, everyone holds their breath or cringes (opposition). Our guys are more like, well he might hit, but he might brick and then tailspin into an ice cold streak for a few games.
    This!

Like everyone, I've endured the Milwaukee-Dallas-New York roller-coaster ... but even when I put on my rose-colored glasses and imagine the team once things "come together," I still believe a couple critical pieces are missing. A true 3-pt threat is at or near the top of the wish list (along with collective BB IQ).
    "I'd run through a brick wall for that man."
    - Roy Hibbert on playing for Coach Frank Vogel

The building I work in is literally attached to the Verizon Center, and I still don't know if I want to go to Wizards-Pacers tomorrow night. Ugh.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    If any one see's a replay of the game can confirm this but early in the 2nd half Roy was boxing out Melo on a FT attempt and Melo moved Roy. This is unacceptable a small forward was moving our 7'2 center.
    No need to watch the replay. It happens all the time. I've seen guards pushing him to the floor and centers who almost carried him outside the stadium. As long as he gets his stats, it shouldn't really matter that much.

It is embarrassing though. So was this game.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFife View Post
    This!

Like everyone, I've endured the Milwaukee-Dallas-New York roller-coaster ... but even when I put on my rose-colored glasses and imagine the team once things "come together," I still believe a couple critical pieces are missing. A true 3-pt threat is at or near the top of the wish list (along with collective BB IQ).
    I'd say both Georges are closer to a 3-pt threat than Hibbert is being a post threat right now. IMO it's probably the best offensive weapon they have. And Lance isn't doing to shabby either.
    If we can all blame our perimeter players for the struggles of our big man, is it so unthinkable that are slow footed big man are hurting them as well?

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

How the hell is this Donnie Walsh's fault? He didn't make Vogel the coach and he didn't bring in Hill and West. The STARTERS are awful on offense, not the bench. With Lance in the starting lineup and Vogel coaching, that's the LARRY BIRD vision.

You might as well blame it on being an even numbered year, it has as much to do with the situation as Donnie. Maybe 2 years from now when Mahinmi, Green, Hill and Roy are ruining the team and the 2 draft classes for Walsh look like duds then okay.

But this team has 10 times more to do with Larry than Donnie. And I don't even think it's Larry's fault. I just think Vogel is struggling to find his offensive vision and get them utilizing it. Plus Granger being out does hurt a little.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    How the hell is this Donnie Walsh's fault? He didn't make Vogel the coach and he didn't bring in Hill and West. The STARTERS are awful on offense, not the bench. With Lance in the starting lineup and Vogel coaching, that's the LARRY BIRD vision.

You might as well blame it on being an even numbered year, it has as much to do with the situation as Donnie. Maybe 2 years from now when Mahinmi, Green, Hill and Roy are ruining the team and the 2 draft classes for Walsh look like duds then okay.

But this team has 10 times more to do with Larry than Donnie. And I don't even think it's Larry's fault. I just think Vogel is struggling to find his offensive vision and get them utilizing it. Plus Granger being out does hurt a little.
    Yep I've been saying it for a while now Walsh should be in the nomination for executive of the year he is just great.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Yep I've been saying it for a while now Walsh should be in the nomination for executive of the year he is just great.
    Your sarcasm is giving me a headache.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    They better nominate him quickly then. Executive of the year always gets awarded in november.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Side note: Sam Young is a defensive stud. PG's defensive loos good too. Once we get our offensive to within normal standards I think we're going to be tough with or without DG33
    Completely agree. The steal to dunk the other night was all him rotating from his man to cover the PnR going into the lane where Tyler was not covering the return pass. Young saw it and anticipated the pass. He did that against today on several occasions. And then there was the defense on JR Smith.

Young is the team's best defender.

If they could only score some points. Until then I think you have to bet the under every game they play. We might be headed to a 65-60 game at some point.

edit - and I think Woodson has some great plays on the NY side. I noticed they don't do PnR, they do Pick for pass instead, or a give and go variant instead of that. So the result is a man coming past the pick at full speed and catching the ball just past it, going 1-2 dribbles right into the scoring attack or pass back to the roll. It works like a much faster PnR play that really pressures the defense to react quickly.

Giving that and the fact that they have an elite scorer like Melo on their team, not to mention a set of proven capable bigs, I think the Pacers deserve credit for their ability to make the Knicks struggle on offense.
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 11-18-2012 at 08:32 PM.