Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Alec burks available?

  1. #1
    noob oz_pacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    205
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Alec burks available?

    Sam amicos twitter
    word around the nba is jazz G Alec Burks is available. Burks, the 12th overall draft pick in 2011 has played in just 5 of jazz's 10 games
    https://mobile.twitter.com/SamAmicoFSO/tweets

    I think burks would be a great get here especially with granger being down could slide Paul over to the three what would it take to get him?

    GRANGER!! FOR THE WIN.............. IT'S GOOD!!!!!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: Alec burks available?

    Alec Burks may help, what about Jimmer Fredette? Hasn't been used much in Sactown and would give us a dead eye shooter that we currently lack. Wasn't Tyreke Evans on the block over the summer as well?

  3. #3
    Member GeniusJMG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Age
    22
    Posts
    83
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Alec burks available?

    I'd give them Mahinmi for him but I don't know if that would be enough. We need to get Plumlee in the rotation.

    EDIT - I'm an idiot they need less pfs not more.

  4. #4
    Danny Granger PowerRanger DGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Whiteland, IN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,027

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Alec burks available?

    Quote Originally Posted by oz_pacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sam amicos twitter
    https://mobile.twitter.com/SamAmicoFSO/tweets

    I think burks would be a great get here especially with granger being down could slide Paul over to the three what would it take to get him?
    Hasn't Paul already slid over to the three with Lance in the starting lineup? I wouldn't be opposed to getting Burks either way, but I'm just saying.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to DGPR For This Useful Post:


  6. #5
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,226

    Default Re: Alec burks available?

    What has Burks done? Seems like another Rush to me.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  7. #6
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,016

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Alec burks available?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What has Burks done? Seems like another Rush to me.
    And that's supposed to be bad? Rush is a good player.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  9. #7
    Member Goyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    854

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Alec burks available?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And that's supposed to be bad? Rush is a good player.
    Yeah, Burks is nowhere near as good as Rush is right now. I definitely wouldn't mind taking a flyer on him if the price was right, but I can't really see us making a trade for another project at this point.

  10. #8
    noob oz_pacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    205
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Alec burks available?

    Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hasn't Paul already slid over to the three with Lance in the starting lineup? I wouldn't be opposed to getting Burks either way, but I'm just saying.
    Touché

    GRANGER!! FOR THE WIN.............. IT'S GOOD!!!!!

  11. #9
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Alec burks available?

    I'd give them a lottery protected 1st/future lottery protected first for him. I think he will be a solid player down the road.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  12. #10
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,226

    Default Re: Alec burks available?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And that's supposed to be bad? Rush is a good player.
    LOL The same guy the Pacers shipped out? Same guy that most on this board dogged? He's average on his best days. He probably could have been good if he wasn't so timid out there on the court.

    I just don't see Burks doing anything in this league.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  13. #11

    Default Re: Alec burks available?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    . . . I just don't see Burks doing anything in this league.
    i tend to agree with you. Not saying Burks won't be anything, but Pacers don't need another guy. Pacers need another good player. Kind of a catch-22 thing. If Burks was the guy the Pacers need, he wouldn't be available.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:


  15. #12
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,735

    Default Re: Alec burks available?

    If Hibbert could get it turned around, maybe Jazz would go for Hibbert for Al and Burks. I'd do this just to get rid of Hibbert's contract.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:


  17. #13
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Alec burks available?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Hibbert could get it turned around, maybe Jazz would go for Hibbert for Al and Burks. I'd do this just to get rid of Hibbert's contract.
    I'd throw in a future conditional pick for Kanter to be in the deal as well, or I wouldn't do this.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  19. #14
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,067

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Alec burks available?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd throw in a future conditional pick for Kanter to be in the deal as well, or I wouldn't do this.
    IDK. Al is only signed for 2 more yrs. If he doesn't work out, that's a big contract coming off the books next season. If we could move Hibbert at this point, for a shorter contract AND a bump in production, you've gotta think about it.

  20. #15
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,148
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Alec burks available?

    Like someone else said, there is a reason that Burks is avaliable, and it is not because he is a really good player.

  21. #16
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,497

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Alec burks available?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Hibbert could get it turned around, maybe Jazz would go for Hibbert for Al and Burks. I'd do this just to get rid of Hibbert's contract.
    Why would they trade a more productive player and a young prospect for the lesser productive big man who also happens to have a longer, more expensive contract?

  22. #17

    Default Re: Alec burks available?

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Like someone else said, there is a reason that Burks is avaliable, and it is not because he is a really good player.

    Not necessarily. It could be other reasons: Heywood plays the SG, he doesn't fit in the style of BB Utah plays, coach doesn't care for him, etc.

    If Brown had had his way Rose would have been traded. That doesn't mean Rose was a bad player, it just means Rose wasn't a player Brown liked. Another coach by the name of Larry Bird showed that Rose was a good player. As I said it could be other reasons than he's a dud player.

  23. #18
    Member Pacemaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    1,900

    Default Re: Alec burks available?

    See Gerald Green.

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Like someone else said, there is a reason that Burks is avaliable, and it is not because he is a really good player.

  24. #19
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,148
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Alec burks available?

    http://www.nba.com/playerfile/alec_b...eer_stats.html

    Here is a link to his numbers.

    I won't lie, I haven't seen him play a ton. Unless he is a defensive stopper his numbers are not too impressive for a guy who can only play the two.

  25. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,832
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Alec burks available?

    Burks is a terrible fit for the Jazz system. They want guys who move well without the ball and move the ball like Marvin Williams and Gordon. Burks just doesn't fit with what they do.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  27. #21

    Default Re: Alec burks available?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Burks is a terrible fit for the Jazz system. They want guys who move well without the ball and move the ball like Marvin Williams and Gordon. Burks just doesn't fit with what they do.

    So many times when a player is up for trade the mentality of some is the player has some type of bad problem or the team wouldn't want to trade them. It just can't be, b/c the system and the player don't fit. Thanks for your insight that disspells he's a problem player. It's much appreciated.

  28. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,832
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Alec burks available?

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So many times when a player is up for trade the mentality of some is the player has some type of bad problem or the team wouldn't want to trade them. It just can't be, b/c the system and the player don't fit. Thanks for your insight that disspells he's a problem player. It's much appreciated.
    I doubt they trade him but TY Corbin doesn't like him it seems. If he was available I would be all over him he is very talented on the offensive end of the floor just needs a chance. I don't think he will be given one as long as Corbin is the coach. But when they signed Foye to play over him it really made no sense so maybe they will shop him. Ty doesn't seem like the coach who lets the young kids grow and make mistakes. Both Kanter and Burks are on short leashes when they play. In fact it's much like JOB they have young kids who are better than the vets just crazy IMO. They arent winning with the vets play the kids.

    EDIT: IMO if he has a coach who has confidence in him and lets him learn and play though mistakes the team will reap the benefits. I hate coaches who are so short sided and don't see the big picture. Both Kanter and Burks look over their shoulder when in because they fear they will get yanked for the smallest of mistakes that isnt how you develop young guys IMO. That is how you shatter confidence and rhythm that they have.

    Burks would easily be our best player off the dribble he is better than Lance at it IMO. Would finally have a dynamic player who can create for others and get to the line off the bounce


    also another b-rush isnt correct totally different players. I love b-rush and wish we didnt trade him I still miss him. However Burks is a much more aggressive scorer than Rush. Rush is a much better shooter and defender while Burks is much better at creating for others and himself.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 11-19-2012 at 02:08 PM.

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  30. #23
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Alec burks available?

    He has so much potential and could become a real stud, but is being held back.

  31. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,832
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Alec burks available?

    Burks was an above average player last year and that is a rookie who had no camp. He was only slightly above average but for a rookie who was 20 in his circumstances that is fantastic. This year he has been terrible but that's because he isn't in the rotation. Given the offense we run he would be almost a perfect wing for us. He creates and can post feed and that is what is required with what we run. Lance is the only wing on the roster who fits that criteria currently. Unless we change the offense we need players who fit Burks mold.


    sparhawk saying what has Burks done is silly. That would be like asking what PG24 had done when JOB was giving him DNPCD's in favor of vets who weren't as good as him ala Dunleavy. PG was doing nothing was it his fault he wasn't getting PT even though he deserved it?

    When JO was in Portland what had he done? Nothing because he wasn't given a chance so the "what has he done" angle doesn't fly with me. When he was given time last year he showed numbers like many all star previous have done but they got their shot in their 2nd and 3rd year to learn make mistakes and get better that Burks has yet to receive this year because of where he plays. He has the potential to be good if given the chance and with Danny's injury we have that chance for him.

Similar Threads

  1. Alec Burks - The Next Brandon Roy
    By The Future in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 06-23-2011, 04:34 PM
  2. Injured Burks, Brooks sit out Bobcats workout [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-05-2011, 12:00 PM
  3. Tbird 2011 NBA draft analysis #1: Alec Burks
    By RoboHicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-24-2011, 11:25 AM
  4. NBA draft 2011: Colorado Buffaloes guard Alec Burks leaves school [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-21-2011, 04:40 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-15-2010, 03:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •