Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: 11/18/2012 Game Thread #11: Pacers Vs. Knicks

Sports Logo

Default Re: 11/18/2012 Game Thread #11: Pacers Vs. Knicks

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    robfrompacers has to be really regretting those commercials
    It's not his fault that most of the players decided to suck all of a sudden.

***** Christ what the **** are you guys talking about???

Point guards are a combined 5-20. Yet Hill has played bad defense?? lol what?

He has 6 assists has done a good job setting up scoring opportunities for teammates. (it's shocking how many misses out there though)

Hill has been a highly efficient scorer his entire career. His shooting percentage will come around.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

Pendergraph has made most of his shots this season.

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

High dollar, no swagger...

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    Pendergraph has made most of his shots this season.
    G.O.A.T

Sports Logo

oh god, we're gonna be the Wizards first win

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Did the Knicks draft Renaldo Balkman again?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Banned

Hopefully they make it close to it doesn't look like a blowout.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Pendergraph is in beast mode.

Sports Logo

Plumlee always looks solid. Then the ball leaves his hands.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    His shooting percentage will come around.
    If our shooting percentage was just the same as last year we have a winning record right now.

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    If our shooting percentage was just the same as last year we have a winning record right now.
    If.........

Quote Originally Posted by Midcoasted View Post
    George Hill is just putrid out there. Can't believe we really think he is our future at point guard. He is a terrible defender, really can't create for others, and is not a great shooter by any means. Between him and Hibbert, it's like the Murphy/Dunleavy cap hell all over again. Actually this team is worse than those days. Absolutely pathetic. No wonder Bird left. He probably didn't wanna pay either of them that money, because neither are worth it and never will be.

Welcome to cap hell with a bad team my friends. Granger, don't even worry about coming back this year. It's over.
    Way to come out when he's having a bad game, didnt hear much when he's been killing it. But thanks for your opinion

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

He has 6 assists has done a good job setting up scoring opportunities for teammates. (it's shocking how many misses out there though)

Hill has been a highly efficient scorer his entire career. His shooting percentage will come around.
    Took the words right out of my mouth. The PG's aren't killing us, and nobody blows past him, it's always off a screen where our slow bigs struggle to react. Hill has prob been our most consistent player this yr, and gets a lot of guys open shots. Yet when we miss those open shots or don't play well it's all on him bc he's the pg? Makes zero sense.

I've really been impressed with Hill. His passing ability has improved dramatically. He went from only scoring, to making some really nice creative passes though out every game. He's no Rondo of course, but he is setting up his teammates with scoring opportunities all game. They just weren't hitting them this game.

I mean seriously, Roy Hibbert, Paul George, David West, those are some easy targets right now. Direct your derision accordingly.

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

What game was you watching, Felton blew past Hill all game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    Took the words right out of my mouth. The PG's aren't killing us, and nobody blows past him, it's always off a screen where our slow bigs struggle to react. Hill has prob been our most consistent player this yr, yet when we don't play we'll it's all on him bc he's the pg? Makes zero sense.
    Exactly. As you noted, not only do our bigs do a **** poor job defending PnR's, always making our points look worse than they actually are on D, point guards are probably the most difficult position to defend anyways. It's tough to defend the quickest, best ball handler on the court. Hill has played good defense, and the numbers back him up 100%.

Everyone else has failed. No rebounding (how about Paul George getting beat like a rented mule on the boards?? But he's not undersized derrrrrr) West doesn't ever rebound, Roy playing his typical bad ball. Y

Read it and weep:

Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    For a stunning 5-15 lol.

I may have to do a video break down for you guys, but I don't think you understand how a point guard is supposed to defend the PnR.

Read it and weep:

Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    We are one of the best defensive teams in the league. You can't do that with consistently bad defense from your PG.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

2/9 from the field, again. 6 assists, but 3 turn overs. Continuing to be the ever revolving door on defense. He lacks the lateral quickness to stay with point guards. Lance can stay with point guards better, and that is saying something. Only shooting 29 percent from three for the year, but he is shooting 4 a game still. He only shoots 37 percent on his career, so he has never been a marksman at all.

Plus you have to take into account that he has never been exposed until now. He had a bench role in SA and Pop shielded his flaws. Last year was his honeymoon period because teams didn't have that much tape on him running the point as a starter. This year, I truly feel like he has been exposed and it will get worse. He is not starting point guard quality. As a 2 guard, yes he is good enough to start for us and a few other teams, but would get abused by bigger and faster players. Giving him that much money and handing him the keys as the franchise point guard will haunt us I'm afraid. Hence why we are bottom of the league in assists. Our point guard play is a joke outside of Lance, regardless how decent Hill is. He is not a starting point guard on a championship team. Maybe 6th man combo guard, but just not a true point.

And you look at the shooting stats of their point guards, but you fail to realize how many open shots that were created because the defense collapsed because Hill can't stay with his man, again.

For a stunning 5-15 lol.

I may have to do a video break down for you guys, but I don't think you understand how a point guard is supposed to defend the PnR.
    Defense isn't always about what the opposing guy scores. If Felton blows past Hill every time and then dishes it off, the offense still scores due to Hill's poor defense. The guy averaged 2.6 turnovers per game coming in, but had 0 tonight. Also had more assists than his average. I'm not saying Hill sucks on defense, but there's more to it than points.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to LG33 For This Useful Post:

For a stunning 5-15 lol.

If you beat me off the dribble all game yet you shot 5-15 do I deserve credit for my defense? In reality Felton simply missed or help defense caused Felton to take a tough shot but Hill stunk this game on both sides of the ball.

The PnR is not the problem. It's the fact he lacks the lateral quickness to recover and isn't good at fighting through screens, hence why our defense constantly collapses. I'm not sure if our defense is really all that great, or if teams are playing down to our level. Once a team hits open shots, we have seen what will happen. Toronto was not a flash in a pan. Wait until a team takes off on us and we are down by 30 again. It will happen.

Again the shooting statistics do not tell the story. It's the fact that our defense has to collapse to make up for his flaws and we are forced out of rebounding position. Hence why we got absolutely abused today. Well we couldn't block out either, but I want to rip my hair out every time the defense collapses because of Hill and our rebounders end up out of position.

Quote Originally Posted by Midcoasted View Post
    2/9 from the field, again. 6 assists, but 3 turn overs. Continuing to be the ever revolving door on defense. He lacks the lateral quickness to stay with point guards. Lance can stay with point guards better, and that is saying something. Only shooting 29 percent from three for the year, but he is shooting 4 a game still. He only shoots 37 percent on his career, so he has never been a marksman at all.

Plus you have to take into account that he has never been exposed until now. He had a bench role in SA and Pop shielded his flaws. Last year was his honeymoon period because teams didn't have that much tape on him running the point as a starter. This year, I truly feel like he has been exposed and it will get worse. He is not starting point guard quality. As a 2 guard, yes he is good enough to start for us and a few other teams, but would get abused by bigger and faster players. Giving him that much money and handing him the keys as the franchise point guard will haunt us I'm afraid. Hence why we are bottom of the league in assists. Our point guard play is a joke outside of Lance, regardless how decent Hill is. He is not a starting point guard on a championship team. Maybe 6th man combo guard, but just not a true point.

And you look at the shooting stats of their point guards, but you fail to realize how many open shots that were created because the defense collapsed because Hill can't stay with his man, again.

Hill was setting his teammates up with scoring opportunities all day. If you can't see that, then I can't help you. He's improved dramatically as a play maker.

Hill consistently produced the best defensive numbers of all Pacers. The only problem with his defense is Pacers fans like yourself do not understand how the PnR should be defended. The defense isn't collapsing on his man, he stays with him all day, only Roy is incredibly slow to react to anything. I'm sorry you don't understand that.

Finally- .37% from downtown is good. REAL good. I think you don't understand how valuable three pointers are.

Read it and weep:

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    Defense isn't always about what the opposing guy scores. If Felton blows past Hill every time and then dishes it off, the offense still scores due to Hill's poor defense. The guy averaged 2.6 turnovers per game coming in, but had 0 tonight. Also had more assists than his average. I'm not saying Hill sucks on defense, but there's more to it than points.
    I wish that was the case. I really do.

Read it and weep: