Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bynum injures knee while playing bowling few days ago/ Maybe out for the year?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Bynum injures knee while playing bowling few days ago

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That seems logical to me. I can't imagine they want him to give up everything. He could have injured it walking up a step in his home. Would that mean he is stupid? The sixers are playing pretty well without him and they will be better when he gets healthy...
    Yes, he could have but, bowling of all the things it could hurt, the knees are actually the most likely. Think about how knee injuries usually happen, sudden stopping of forward momentum, ala D-Rose last year, you actually do do that in bowling.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Also, the Big Lebowski Bynum Gif is just fantastic, well done internet.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Bynum injures knee while playing bowling few days ago/ Maybe out for the year?

Is it just me, or are there a higher number of knee injuries occuring this year? It seems like every G2 email I write, I mention a key player for an opposing team who is out with a knee injury....
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Also, the Big Lebowski Bynum Gif is just fantastic, well done internet.
    Agreed, but if the "Big Lebowski" doesn't stick as his nickname for the duration of his career, the internet needs to be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    @JeffZillgitt: Should be noted that Andrew Bynum also said of injuring knee while bowling: "It’s not more than anything I’ve done in my rehab."
    Which is why it is funny.

Default Re: Bynum injures knee while playing bowling few days ago/ Maybe out for the year?

7. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Banned

It makes sense as long as they don't give him some crazy contract for a crazy long time.

Ric Bucher ‏@RicBucher
    Did Sixers make a mistake dealing for Bynum? Consensus among several GMs is... http://sulia.com/my_thoughts/f1225e6...source=twitter

Did Sixers make a mistake dealing for Bynum? Consensus among several GMs is...
    No. The logic: they dealt an aging SF for a young C who still has the potential to be the best big man in the Eastern Conference. Every deal is risky, but that was a worthwhile gamble. Re-signing him, especially if he's out for the year, could be tricky, but it opens the door for what one GM called a "Steph Curry" discount. The interesting wrinkle is whether the Rockets, in their endless pursuit of pilfering players on the FA market, will put a max offer out there to force the Sixers' hand to spend big -- or bigger than they'd like -- or let him go. Remember when Tyson Chandler's career supposedly was over? That was a championship ring and another $60-plus million contract ago; and Bynum has far more skill than Chandler. As for getting hurt bowling, GMs don't see a problem with that; he was truthful about how he got hurt, he wasn't doing anything nefarious and it's reasonable to believe Bynum didn't think he was risking injury by bowling.

Sadly, I think even if he doesn't play at all this year he'll get a max deal. I never thought Hibbert would get what he did but it happened. Won't Portland still have the cap space to make a max offer next summer? If not Houston or someone will make the offer.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Karma.
    Pacers,baby!

well, as of now- bynum is out indefinitely. he may still get a max deal but i wouldn't pay it.
    talent is there but, the head and body are extremely suspect.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    His knees are not young. Bad knees and basketball do not mix. We have seen the best of Andrew Bynum.
    Pacers fans have seen this before with JO. If anyone pays him a max contract, they will regret it.

On the bright side, now he can park in a handicap space with no fear of internet reprisal.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

I was going to post that but didn't know if anyone outside of LA would get it.