Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 38

Thread: Bynum injures knee while playing bowling few days ago/ Maybe out for the year?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Bynum injures knee while playing bowling few days ago/ Maybe out for the year?

    How can somebody be this stupid?


    @Chris_Broussard: Sources tell @WindhorstESPN & myself that Andrew Bynum hurt his left knee a few days ago while bowling.

    @WindhorstESPN: Sixers fear Andrew Bynum has done additional damage to his knees by bowling recently, multiple sources told ESPN. Story link coming.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 11-21-2012 at 10:53 AM.

  2. #2
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,499

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bynum injures knee while playing bowling few days ago

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How can somebody be this stupid?


    @Chris_Broussard: Sources tell @WindhorstESPN & myself that Andrew Bynum hurt his left knee a few days ago while bowling.

    @WindhorstESPN: Sixers fear Andrew Bynum has done additional damage to his knees by bowling recently, multiple sources told ESPN. Story link coming.
    Gives something for Iguodala to laugh about after that Spurs trouncing the Nuggs just endured

  3. #3
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,050

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bynum injures knee while playing bowling few days ago

    We really gonna bash him for bowling? I mean, it's bowling. Unless the team docs basically told him "do nothing at all except generally walk around" can you really blame him? IT'S BOWLING!

  4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  5. #4
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,499

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bynum injures knee while playing bowling few days ago


  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,182

    Default Re: Bynum injures knee while playing bowling few days ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We really gonna bash him for bowling? I mean, it's bowling. Unless the team docs basically told him "do nothing at all except generally walk around" can you really blame him? IT'S BOWLING!
    I think it says more about the state of his knees that he can injure himself bowling. I'm thinking the Sixers got sold damaged goods. And the Lakers actually got Dwight Howard for him

    Here's the full article by Windhorst:

    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/86...etback-bowling


    Andrew Bynum hurt while bowling
    Updated: November 18, 2012, 12:00 AM ET
    By Brian Windhorst and Chris Broussard | ESPN.com

    The Philadelphia 76ers fear All-Star center Andrew Bynum might have done additional damage to his knees while bowling, according to sources close to the situation.

    Multiple sources told ESPN on Saturday that Bynum suffered an unspecified injury this month while bowling. On Friday, Bynum revealed that -- on top of the issues with his right knee that could keep him sidelined until January -- he also had suffered a "setback" with his left knee.

    "I had a little bit of a setback, and we're just working through some issues with the right knee," Bynum said before the Sixers beat the Utah Jazz on Friday night. "I kind of have a mirror thing going on with my left knee. I don't know what's going on, but the doctors are saying pretty much that it's a weakened cartilage state."

    There are several activities that are prohibited in standard NBA player contracts, but bowling is not one of them. Bynum is known to enjoy bowling.

    Multiple calls to Bynum's agent, David Lee, were not returned.

    Bynum, yet to play or practice with the team, was acquired in the blockbuster four-team trade in August that also sent Dwight Howard from the Orlando Magic to the Los Angeles Lakers.

    In September, Bynum went to Germany to receive Orthokine therapy injections in both knees. In October, he received preventative lubricating injections. The reason those procedures were done so close to the season, the team said, was to maximize their effects. At some point, however, Bynum developed a bone bruise that has sidetracked his rehabilitation and recovery.

    The Sixers have pushed back Bynum's hoped return date three different times and have released a series of detailed statements on the matter. But before Bynum's comments, there never was any mention of left knee pain or weakened cartilage.

    "I've just got to wait for the cartilage to get stronger, and that's pretty much what's going on," Bynum said. "The pain is about the same, but there is swelling in both knees that we have under control. It's the same spot, bone bruise on both sides."
    Weakened cartilage... doesn't bode well for the future. Same sort of long term concerns we have with Danny's injury.

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bynum injures knee while playing bowling few days ago

    What a joke this is turning out to be. All the more reason it is upsetting that Roy is playing terribly. Would've definitely secured an All-Star spot. Damn
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  10. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,926

    Default Re: Bynum injures knee while playing bowling few days ago

    This might seem cruel, but this is just hilarious. Bowling seriously. How did he ever pass the physical?

  11. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Bynum injures knee while playing bowling few days ago

    @CardboardGerald: RT @Marco_Romo: Gif of how Andrew Bynum really got hurt. http://t.co/Lp2j16iI

  12. #9
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,889

    Default Re: Bynum injures knee while playing bowling few days ago

    Bowling out your knee is nothing to joke about

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:


  14. #10
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,975

    Default Re: Bynum injures knee while playing bowling few days ago

    I think we've already seen the best of Andrew Bynum. I'm having JO flashbacks.

  15. #11
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,975

    Default Re: Bynum injures knee while playing bowling few days ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What a joke this is turning out to be. All the more reason it is upsetting that Roy is playing terribly. Would've definitely secured an All-Star spot. Damn
    The problem has been the offensive system, not Roy. They will fix and adjust this and Roy will start playing better.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  17. #12
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,375

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    I was never sold on this guy.

    Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  19. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bynum injures knee while playing bowling few days ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We really gonna bash him for bowling? I mean, it's bowling. Unless the team docs basically told him "do nothing at all except generally walk around" can you really blame him? IT'S BOWLING!
    That seems logical to me. I can't imagine they want him to give up everything. He could have injured it walking up a step in his home. Would that mean he is stupid? The sixers are playing pretty well without him and they will be better when he gets healthy...

  20. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bynum injures knee while playing bowling few days ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was never sold on this guy.

    Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    I am sold that he is the second best center in the entire NBA and he is still young..... He will sell you more when the Pacers have to play against the Sixers and him.....

  21. #15
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,975

    Default Re: Bynum injures knee while playing bowling few days ago

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am sold that he is the second best center in the entire NBA and he is still young..... He will sell you more when the Pacers have to play against the Sixers and him.....
    His knees are not young. Bad knees and basketball do not mix. We have seen the best of Andrew Bynum.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  23. #16
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bynum injures knee while playing bowling few days ago

    ...And the Nuggets keep laughing at everyone else who lost that trade.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  24. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: Bynum injures knee while playing bowling few days ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...And the Nuggets keep laughing at everyone else who lost that trade.
    And why exactly are the Nuggets laughing when they have a worst record out of all the 4 teams involved in the trade?

  25. #18
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,872
    Mood

    Default Re: Bynum injures knee while playing bowling few days ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What a joke this is turning out to be. All the more reason it is upsetting that Roy is playing terribly. Would've definitely secured an All-Star spot. Damn
    My understanding is that they did away with the center position on the All Star ballots so centers in the league have to actually earn their spots on the team.

  26. #19

    Default Re: Bynum injures knee while playing bowling few days ago

    even though roy has been crap so far this season, i am glad we don't have bynum. when healthy, he is better than roy no doubt. but, he is not healthy very often and he is young. that won't always be the case and his knees aren't getting better.

  27. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Bynum injures knee while playing bowling few days ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What a joke this is turning out to be. All the more reason it is upsetting that Roy is playing terribly. Would've definitely secured an All-Star spot. Damn
    Averaging 12 and 8? I don't think so, Noah, Chandler, Varejao(yes the Varejao TraderJoe made fun of me for) are better centers and are having a better season than Roy even if you compare them to last year Roy's numbers.

  28. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Bynum injures knee while playing bowling few days ago

    @JeffZillgitt: Should be noted that Andrew Bynum also said of injuring knee while bowling: "It’s not more than anything I’ve done in my rehab."

  29. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Bynum injures knee while playing bowling few days ago

    @johnschuhmann: !!! RT @GotEm_Coach EVIDENCE: Andrew Bynum hurts his knee bowling [gif]: http://t.co/CjfatHUv

  30. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Bynum injures knee while playing bowling few days ago

    HoopsHype ‏@hoopshype
    Rumors: Andrew Bynum done for season? http://bit.ly/vIcV9Q
    Collapse Reply Retweet Favorite


    Damn.

  31. #24
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bynum injures knee while playing bowling few days ago/ Maybe out for the year?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How can somebody be this stupid?


    @Chris_Broussard: Sources tell @WindhorstESPN & myself that Andrew Bynum hurt his left knee a few days ago while bowling.

    @WindhorstESPN: Sixers fear Andrew Bynum has done additional damage to his knees by bowling recently, multiple sources told ESPN. Story link coming.
    Some of us tried to tell you he was this dumb.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  32. #25
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bynum injures knee while playing bowling few days ago

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We really gonna bash him for bowling? I mean, it's bowling. Unless the team docs basically told him "do nothing at all except generally walk around" can you really blame him? IT'S BOWLING!
    So you're a pro athlete making millions of dollars and your knees are balky, you really would go bowliing?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Similar Threads

  1. Knicks' Chandler injures knee, to undergo MRI [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-25-2012, 12:20 AM
  2. 76ers to sit Bynum 21 days after knee therapy [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-01-2012, 01:00 PM
  3. Allen Iverson injures ankle playing in Turkey, will have MRI exam [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-12-2011, 02:00 PM
  4. Bill Walker injures knee at workout
    By Trader Joe in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-18-2008, 10:46 AM
  5. Harrison Injures Knee
    By MagicRat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-24-2004, 09:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •