Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Mavericks postgame thread.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Mavericks postgame thread.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He elbowed Bayless I expect a suspension.
    Eh, neither was ejected, I'd be surprised to see a suspension.

Wouldn't be upset though, and certainly wouldn't disagree with one.

Banned

Peck I don't think Vince flopped, he got hit in the eye, that play was actually bs if you are rooting for the Mavericks.

Mood

Sorry for the flurry of posts, but wanted to note the "Stat of the Night", or I should say "Stats".

Although Hibbert was, again, atrocious from the field (30%) he did 2 very, VERY important things: Got to the line SEVEN times (!) and didn't have a single turnover. For the first time he didn't let his struggles scoring get to him, he played with energy/passion, something that had been missing.

Love seeing the big fella get his head right. Other parts of his game will follow.

Exactly what we needed. Hopefully the Knicks won't be too angry coming off of the loss.

Vince Carter on camera, after inadvertently hitting Hansbrough: "If he'd gone to Duke I would've taken him down".

Roy's contributions tonight went beyond what was on the stat sheet. There were a couple times where he hit West with a pass to get David a trip to the foul line, some solid D, and helping the offense. Once G2 and Area 55 got the "Let's Go Roy" chant really rolling, you could literally see Roy's confidence growing.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Championship?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goyle For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo

Remember when I said that I thought Gerald Green (and PG) should post-up more often, because they're skilled in that area?

There ya go. Those of you who watched the game already saw it. But ta-daaa.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to imbtyler For This Useful Post:

I think this is the start of a streak that will last until he retires. A team that employs Jim O'Brien will never win a game against the Pacers again. Too much bad juju.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

So the question is pretty straight forward, what did the Team do this time that is different then last time?

Can we capture it in a bottle and force-feed it to the Team before the start of a game?

In all seriousness, how did Lance do in this game?

It sounds like he is starting to click and figure things out..... but was he decent on the offensive and defensive end?

I think that it's been noted that Lance has been getting far more mintues over the last 2 games and is starting to contibute on a positive note.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    So the question is pretty straight forward, what did the Team do this time that is different then last time?

Can we capture it in a bottle and force-feed it to the Team before the start of a game?

In all seriousness, how did Lance do in this game?

It sounds like he is starting to click and figure things out..... but was he decent on the offensive and defensive end?

I think that it's been noted that Lance has been getting far more mintues over the last 2 games and is starting to contibute on a positive note.
    If this were the first game of the year it would've been the 2nd best game of his career. But since it wasn't it was like...the 7th. Played pretty well. There was a few times where he just abused Dallas in transition (it helped that they didn't feel like stopping the ball).

Guy's a legit player now, been playing too solid for too many games now to just call it a flash in the pan. I was wrong. And so were like 80% of you reading this so shut up.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Guy's a legit player now, been playing too solid for too many games now to just call it a flash in the pan. I was wrong. And so were like 80% of you reading this so shut up.
    Yup. Lance is legit and he has made most of us (including me) eat a lot of crow. And that's ****ing amazing. I love this year's Lance

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Intensity. Focus. Crisp movements (ball and players). Controlled speed.

All that, and we hit way more of our open shots too.

In post-game interviews Hill and Young both said Vogel put in some new plays.
    Last edited by gummy; 11-17-2012 at 05:03 AM.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

"Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when it is done to others." - William Greider

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:

Lance goes 5/9 with 12 points? With the starters? In a real win? Whats that you say? He hit 2 three's and had 3 assists to only 1 turnover? This kid is maturing right before our eyes and I can not wait to see what he's fully capable of.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jrod Jones For This Useful Post:

Lmao where the people that wanted Lance cut for little Hansbrough? Hilarious.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Powww For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Powww View Post
    Lmao where the people that wanted Lance cut for little Hansbrough? Hilarious.
    Ya, one of the funniest things I ever read here

They probably crawled under a rock still waiting to come out till Stephenson has a really bad game.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MvPlumlee For This Useful Post:

Enjoyed the win and expect the team to build off it. At the same time, I found Dallas surprisingly underwhelming. Regardless of record, I don't think this is a good team. Maybe with a healthy Dirk. I'm glad we did not obtain Kaman. Like DC as a backup, but since he allegedly wouldn't accept that role, I'm not upset he's gone. Just wish we could have filled his spot with something more appetizing than Agustin/Lil Hansbrough.

If Lance can manage to consistently give us low double digits and reasonably level - headed play, it will be huge. Roy's activity level was much better. His overall play was not that much better. Abusing Murphy in garbage time down low doesn't count for much in my book. But, hopefully, if that intensity remains things will pick up.

PG on the other hand...blech on the offensive end. Huge height advantage multiple times where DC was matched up with him and the majority of them he couldn't hold position or get off a strong, non - fading away shot. So he's got a lot of work to do in that area. Plus the handles still aren't good enough.

Hope Seth is right about the bench guys slowly finding themselves. Only one I'm liking much right now is Mahinmi, but the big problem is the guy can't cure his foul magnet propensity. Young was great tonight. Much appreciated, but can he really be a reliable 3 pt threat?
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Only sucks that Lance didn't get an assist after the first quarter.

Need to get Lance more involved on offense. If he can keep shooting lights out like he has all season, it'll take pressure off PG and Hibbs cause the defense will have to contain Lance.

But you can't stop Lance, you can ONLY hope to contain him! Yeah, I went there.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

I remember when Young was at PItt he consistently hit that baseline shot. It was his bread and butter shot.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

If Sam Young can get to where he doesn't hurt you offensively (not even wishing for helping, even after tonight) then he's very rotation worthy because he'll help you defensively every night, as long as you don't mismatch him positionally (like have him guarding 4s, etc). I like Sam Young too, He's an okay jump shot from being very valuable.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Thank Goodness for the WIN!

What took so long for Frank to realize that his offensive scheme sucked and he needed to try something different. I still don't know about Frank and the Pacers. Mavs are a pretty bad team at the moment and their defense was terrible against the Pacers. We'll see soon where this team is come Sunday. I hope last night is the beginning of a great season and I hope Frank proves me wrong and shows that he can make adjustments and is NBA head coaching worthy!

Go Pacers!

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    If Sam Young can get to where he doesn't hurt you offensively (not even wishing for helping, even after tonight) then he's very rotation worthy because he'll help you defensively every night, as long as you don't mismatch him positionally (like have him guarding 4s, etc). I like Sam Young too, He's an okay jump shot from being very valuable.
    Yea, I'm not hating on Sam, but the Grizz basically let him walk for Ellington, so his defense isn't a big enough plus to out way his woeful offense. I would like to see the Pacers do something in a trade to get a real backup SF. I don't think Sam is gonna help stop a LBJ or a KD, so what's the point. Same thought the Grizz had too I'm sure.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    The truly great can admit it when they are wrong. I read all your posts and this will only make me pay more attention in the future.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

34. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Another thing about Lance last night that some may have missed. He was a real leader out there. "Leader" may be too strong, because he is so young. But he is a mega-cheerleader who encourages the guys who really need it after big plays.

Not only that, he has that feel that winners have for when to hit key shots (Granger and Hill also have that). The three he hit in the third, I think, that put us up by 13 or so, was the psychological turning of the game. Players with a killer's instinct know how important it is not to just just coast on a 9 or 10 point lead but to put the foot on the opponent's throat.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Mood

Yea, Lance was off the chain last night. I am very happy for him. I hope he keeps it up, I think he might just do that too. I think a lot of us have known he has a huge upside. We just all questioned his immaturity vs the NBA. Rather or not he could put his talents to good use in the NBA before self destruct. Pacers FO has done very well with him. Larry obviously saw something in Lance on a personal level to allow patience with Lance.