This is all assuming we won't make trades or change coaches.
Look, I wanted to believe in the idea that Frank had for this season to make Hill a point guard all day, every day, in hopes that he might evolve and become (in my eyes) a more Billups-esque PG (meaning someone who was seen as a SG become a big, scoring point guard who learned to run a team).
But circumstances (Danny being out 3 months, these terrible early games) seem to dictate that this should be abandoned because we desperately need a shot in the arm, and one of the ways to maybe do that is to play to our immediate, short term strengths.
This isn't a perfect solution for a few reasons, but I think I would like to see us give this lineup an extended try:
Augustin, Hill, George, West, Hibbert.
What I like about it:
1. I think it could wake DJ up and make him more comfortable, which adds something we currently don't have while he's a zombie off the bench.
2. It allows Hill to play where he's most comfortable and in turn he should start playing more instinctively and not have to think too much.
What I'm am ambivalent about:
1. Moving Paul to the 3 could help or hurt. It should give him a speed advantage over his opponent, theoretically making it easier for him to dribble drive, but at the same time they will be bigger and stronger and he may not be physically capable of dealing with that full time.
2. This may or may not provide three shooters to help space the defense for West and Roy.
3. DJ Augustin is someone who's already been a starting point guard for several years (including a stretch under the coaching of Larry Brown) might be healthy for our 5-man unit in terms of having a better feel for pacing, running/calling plays, etc. He might serve as a straw to stir the drink better than Hill has been doing.
What I'm concerned about:
1. DJ plays bad defense.
2. This asks either Lance or Ben to play serious minutes at point guard with our already sucky bench.
3. This might mean more Sam Young.
Think it's worth trying? No? Yes?