Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 68

Thread: 3 scouts brutally honest assessment of the Pacers - Indystar

  1. #1
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default 3 scouts brutally honest assessment of the Pacers - Indystar

    I aqgree 100% with all of this. His comments about Green are right on and it bugs me when many in this forum get excited about his dunks. I don't care about his dunks

    http://www.indystar.com/article/20121115/SPORTS04/211150364/What-s-wrong-Pacers-NBA-scouts-weigh-in?nclick_check=1


    The Indiana Pacers' goals for the season didn't change when they learned leading-scorer Danny Granger would miss at least three months.

    How they achieve those goals did, though.

    What was a team that clicked offensively and was solid defensively last season has been brutal on offense and experiencing defensive breakdowns at the wrong time this year.
    Those two problems are the primary reasons why the Pacers are 3-6 heading into tonight's home game with Dallas.

    The Star recently talked to three NBA scouts who have watched the Pacers in person or on film this season to get their take on what has gone wrong.

    Biggest problem

    Scout No. 1
    "They're searching for who should get the ball at the right time. (Coach Frank) Vogel has condensed his offense to only a handful of plays and runs them all the time. You know what's coming. They're easy to defend because you can play everybody straight up without the concern of getting beat. There's only occasional times where Roy Hibbert is going to go off. You know how he's getting the ball, the plays that are coming. They don't strike fear in anybody."

    Scout No. 2
    "You hate to compare what a guy is making like in Hibbert's case, but the reality is when you pay him all that money you expect him to easily get you double figures in points and rebounds. The shots he's missing are point-blank shots; it's not like he's shooting jumpers. You're talking about jump hooks, two or three feet from the basket. You see his confidence is not there."

    Scout No. 3
    "They're just a careless team. They don't know how to pass the basketball, that's why they're near the top of the league in turnovers. It's simple passes that aren't being made. You can't have an offensive structure if you don't know to feed the ball into the post."


    Replacing Granger

    Scout No. 1
    "David West is a legitimate pro, but he's too unselfish of a player and he's not going to go out there and give you 20-plus points a night. That's not his nature. The two people who should be doing that are Hibbert and (George) Hill. Hibbert has never handled pressure well in his career. Hill has more pressure on him to think while he's playing point guard. He's a better instinctual player. Playing off the ball (at shooting guard) will help him. It'll allow him to just play and score."

    Scout No. 3
    "You would think it would be Paul George since he's supposed to be the heir apparent at small forward for the Pacers. But he hasn't had the same impact that he had last year. Maybe it's because without Danny he's the focus of more team's scouting reports. The other thing about Paul is, he's not a good ball handler. You can't put the ball in his hands and tell him to make a play. You have to be able to handle the ball to do that."


    Bench woes

    Scout No. 2
    "I thought (D.J.) Augustin was going to be better than what he is. He's way too laid back when he plays. It's almost like he doesn't care. He needs to get back to playing aggressive the way he did in Charlotte. Gerald Green is who he is. He was successful in New Jersey because they were basically playing one-on-one basketball out there. That's his strong suit. But that's not how the Pacers play. If you (isolate) him then they're not going to get a lot of ball movement. You know what you're going to get from (Tyler) Hansbrough. A lot of energy from an undersized power forward."

    Scout No. 3
    "Remember the play in Minnesota where Green got beat for the winning basket when Chase (Budinger) went backdoor? That summed up Green right there. Freakishly athletic but not a smart basketball player. You'll be fine with him if you like dunks. You just can't depend on him in key moments of the game."
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 11-16-2012 at 08:14 AM.

  2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  3. #2
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,236

    Default Re: 3 scouts brutally honest assessment of the Pacers - Indystar

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I aqgree 100% with all of this. His comments about Green are right on and it bugs me when many in this forum get excited about his dunks. I don't care about his dunks

    http://www.indystar.com/article/20121115/SPORTS04/211150364/What-s-wrong-Pacers-NBA-scouts-weigh-in?nclick_check=1


    The Indiana Pacers' goals for the season didn't change when they learned leading-scorer Danny Granger would miss at least three months.

    How they achieve those goals did, though.

    What was a team that clicked offensively and was solid defensively last season has been brutal on offense and experiencing defensive breakdowns at the wrong time this year.
    Those two problems are the primary reasons why the Pacers are 3-6 heading into tonight's home game with Dallas.

    The Star recently talked to three NBA scouts who have watched the Pacers in person or on film this season to get their take on what has gone wrong.

    Biggest problem

    Scout No. 1
    "They're searching for who should get the ball at the right time. (Coach Frank) Vogel has condensed his offense to only a handful of plays and runs them all the time. You know what's coming. They're easy to defend because you can play everybody straight up without the concern of getting beat. There's only occasional times where Roy Hibbert is going to go off. You know how he's getting the ball, the plays that are coming. They don't strike fear in anybody."

    Scout No. 2
    "You hate to compare what a guy is making like in Hibbert's case, but the reality is when you pay him all that money you expect him to easily get you double figures in points and rebounds. The shots he's missing are point-blank shots; it's not like he's shooting jumpers. You're talking about jump hooks, two or three feet from the basket. You see his confidence is not there."

    Scout No. 3
    "They're just a careless team. They don't know how to pass the basketball, that's why they're near the top of the league in turnovers. It's simple passes that aren't being made. You can't have an offensive structure if you don't know to feed the ball into the post."


    Replacing Granger

    Scout No. 1
    "David West is a legitimate pro, but he's too unselfish of a player and he's not going to go out there and give you 20-plus points a night. That's not his nature. The two people who should be doing that are Hibbert and (George) Hill. Hibbert has never handled pressure well in his career. Hill has more pressure on him to think while he's playing point guard. He's a better instinctual player. Playing off the ball (at shooting guard) will help him. It'll allow him to just play and score."

    Scout No. 3
    "You would think it would be Paul George since he's supposed to be the heir apparent at small forward for the Pacers. But he hasn't had the same impact that he had last year. Maybe it's because without Danny he's the focus of more team's scouting reports. The other thing about Paul is, he's not a good ball handler. You can't put the ball in his hands and tell him to make a play. You have to be able to handle the ball to do that."


    Bench woes

    Scout No. 2
    "I thought (D.J.) Augustin was going to be better than what he is. He's way too laid back when he plays. It's almost like he doesn't care. He needs to get back to playing aggressive the way he did in Charlotte. Gerald Green is who he is. He was successful in New Jersey because they were basically playing one-on-one basketball out there. That's his strong suit. But that's not how the Pacers play. If you (isolate) him then they're not going to get a lot of ball movement. You know what you're going to get from (Tyler) Hansbrough. A lot of energy from an undersized power forward."

    Scout No. 3
    "Remember the play in Minnesota where Green got beat for the winning basket when Chase (Budinger) went backdoor? That summed up Green right there. Freakishly athletic but not a smart basketball player. You'll be fine with him if you like dunks. You just can't depend on him in key moments of the game."

    I think most of the board should become scouts. Certainly not telling us anything we did not already know.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,083

    Default Re: 3 scouts brutally honest assessment of the Pacers - Indystar

    Scout No. 3
    "They're just a careless team. They don't know how to pass the basketball, that's why they're near the top of the league in turnovers. It's simple passes that aren't being made. You can't have an offensive structure if you don't know to feed the ball into the post."
    We have many problems related to players and poor shooting. But this major problem is on Vogel. He needs to work and work and work on it, and he needs to change the offensive plays if necessary to solve the problem. And he needs to play the right players (Lance, not Green) to solve the problem.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,633

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 3 scouts brutally honest assessment of the Pacers - Indystar

    Yeah, I read that last night. Somehow, Bleacher Report got a hold of the article before it was posted on the Star site.

    Anyway, I can't argue with any of those statements. I will say that if these players don't fit Frank's offensive system (Green in particular), then the system needs to be changed so that the players can succeed.

    They need to pick up the pace offensively and not give the defense the opportunity to set up on them. When you have a lot of guys that can't make a simple pass under duress, you can't have an offense with a ton of traditional post-ups especially when it takes a long time for the post player to get set and seal his man (Hibbert). Or they could switch to the triangle offense. Brian Shaw should be very familiar with it.

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: 3 scouts brutally honest assessment of the Pacers - Indystar

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have many problems related to players and poor shooting. But this major problem is on Vogel. He needs to work and work and work on it, and he needs to change the offensive plays if necessary to solve the problem. And he needs to play the right players (Lance, not Green) to solve the problem.
    If you have poor passers on your team, one way to "fix" that is to get your team to pass less. I don't think that is what we want though.

    I think the triangle offense would be a disaster. can you imagine these players trying to pass the ball when they have to think. Can you imagine them when they have to try and read the defense to decide where to cut. No, that won't work.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 11-16-2012 at 09:35 AM.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  11. #6
    Hoosier for Life CreekShow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Muncie
    Age
    27
    Posts
    477

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 3 scouts brutally honest assessment of the Pacers - Indystar

    Cant disagree with much of anything said there. The part about Vogel rang especially true as well. I dont think its fair to criticize people for getting excited about Greens dunks. Yeah its not like thats going to help win games necessarily, but I dont think a single person expected that to be the only thing he'd provide. It is still entertainment in a season were there hasnt been much so far.
    Last edited by CreekShow; 11-16-2012 at 09:05 AM.
    I Bleed Blue

  12. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 3 scouts brutally honest assessment of the Pacers - Indystar

    Quote Originally Posted by CreekShow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cant disagree with much of anything said there. The part about Vogel rang especially true as well. I dont think its fair to criticize people for getting excited about Greens dunks. Yeah its not like thats going to help win games necessarily, but I dont think a single person expected that to be the only thing he'd provide. It is still entertainment in a season were there hasnt been much so far.
    The fan base fell in love with McBrick a few years ago because he made thundering dunks. That was all that he could do. Green may be about the same but more athletic.....

  13. #8

    Default Re: 3 scouts brutally honest assessment of the Pacers - Indystar

    Good post Uncle Buck. I was a little taken aback by the Vogel simplifying the offense blurb. How much simplier than last year's sets could you get? And why would you need to cut down on plays after a full TC and Pre-season for this group? Did anyone watch film on the players we gave contracts to this summer? IMO, Frank runs a HS freshman team offense most of the time anyway, if these guys (making millions of bucks) can;t set a screen, roll to the rim, take 3 or 4 dribbles(without going through their legs and kicking the ball away) to clear space for a shot, they need to be on the bench. I would start Lance, Hill, PG, DW and anybody except Ben Hans or Hibbert. Roy needs to get his mental toughness back or sit down. If his shot isn't falling, he needs to double down on defense, rebounding and passing until his shot timing gets back. Put back dunks for a 7+ footer should be a good start for his game.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cousy47 For This Useful Post:


  15. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,046

    Default Re: 3 scouts brutally honest assessment of the Pacers - Indystar

    The only part I disagree with is the part about West not being a selfish player. He is by far the most selfish player on the team other than Tyler. I think that part was more appropriate for George.

    Personally, if this team can become mentally tough I think passing more would benefit the team in the long term. It will only work though if they were able to accept the growing pains of turnovers and mistakes. The increased passing in the long term would improve their chemistry and passing ability in general. I just am not convinced they all have the mental ability to do it, especially Hibbert.

  16. #10
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,090

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 3 scouts brutally honest assessment of the Pacers - Indystar

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The fan base fell in love with McBrick a few years ago because he made thundering dunks. That was all that he could do. Green may be about the same but more athletic.....
    So what was your name before OlBlu to know so much information about PD prior to your join date?

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  18. #11
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: 3 scouts brutally honest assessment of the Pacers - Indystar

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only part I disagree with is the part about West not being a selfish player. He is by far the most selfish player on the team other than Tyler.
    Speaking as someone who has had access to the team, coaches, the locker room, and the occasional practices for the last year, I consider this statement to be contrary to my experience and completely wrong.

  19. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to count55 For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  20. #12
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,755

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 3 scouts brutally honest assessment of the Pacers - Indystar

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The fan base fell in love with McBrick a few years ago because he made thundering dunks. That was all that he could do.
    It still makes me sick to think we almost got OJ Mayo for him. That would have been one of the most lopsided trades ever.

  21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  22. #13
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,960

    Default Re: 3 scouts brutally honest assessment of the Pacers - Indystar

    Quote Originally Posted by Scout No. 3
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're just a careless team. They don't know how to pass the basketball, that's why they're near the top of the league in turnovers. It's simple passes that aren't being made. You can't have an offensive structure if you don't know to feed the ball into the post.


    This is it. Period. I just don't know how you fix it, without major trades.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:


  24. #14
    Member Handoverfist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    171

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 3 scouts brutally honest assessment of the Pacers - Indystar

    I pretty much agree with everything the scouts are saying. The only thing they left out was Mahinmi's I can't believe it's not butter hands.

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Handoverfist For This Useful Post:


  26. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,046

    Default Re: 3 scouts brutally honest assessment of the Pacers - Indystar

    Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Speaking as someone who has had access to the team, coaches, the locker room, and the occasional practices for the last year, I consider this statement to be contrary to my experience and completely wrong.
    I didn't go into detail with my opinion. Being team first doesn't mean he isn't also capable of being selfish. When things are going well he is unselfish, but when things start going poorly he tends to get tunnel vision once he gets the ball trying to turn things around. When he is angry and frustrated he turns into a selfish player.

  27. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 3 scouts brutally honest assessment of the Pacers - Indystar

    Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Speaking as someone who has had access to the team, coaches, the locker room, and the occasional practices for the last year, I consider this statement to be contrary to my experience and completely wrong.
    I don't think you have to be present in a practice or get inside the locker room to be able to see that sometimes West tries to take over DURING GAMES making him look selfish, maybe it's by design maybe no.

  28. #17
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,603

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 3 scouts brutally honest assessment of the Pacers - Indystar

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't go into detail with my opinion. Being team first doesn't mean he isn't also capable of being selfish. When things are going well he is unselfish, but when things start going poorly he tends to get tunnel vision once he gets the ball trying to turn things around. When he is angry and frustrated he turns into a selfish player.
    But isn't that the definition of "the guy who wants to put the team on his shoulders"?

    I sometimes think this is one of the biggest fan split personalities out there. If a guy we think is capable of it ISN'T grabbing every opportunity to score, he's soft and has no killer instinct. If a guy DOES grab every opportunity when the game is on the line and no one else is stepping up (PLEASE note that part!) and yet isn't completely successful, then he is selfish and a black hole.

    To me, selfish is keeping the ball when:

    a) your job is to be in the flow of the play, not the end of it
    b) someone else is being successful and you are keeping the ball from them

    If either of these things is false, then "selfish" is not the correct term.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  30. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 3 scouts brutally honest assessment of the Pacers - Indystar

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you have poor passers on your team, one way to "fix" that is to get your team to pass less. I don't think that is what we want though.

    I think the triangle offense would be a disaster. can you imagine these players trying to pass the ball when they have to think. Can you imagine them when they have to try and read the defense to decide where to cut. No, that won't work.
    Yep Vogels answer to the lack of good passers on the team has been to make the offense easier, the problem is that it also makes it easier for teams to guard it.

  31. #19
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,267

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 3 scouts brutally honest assessment of the Pacers - Indystar

    Quote Originally Posted by CreekShow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cant disagree with much of anything said there. The part about Vogel rang especially true as well. I dont think its fair to criticize people for getting excited about Greens dunks. Yeah its not like thats going to help win games necessarily, but I dont think a single person expected that to be the only thing he'd provide. It is still entertainment in a season were there hasnt been much so far.
    Agreed. A wing player that shoots 48% from the field and nearly 40% from 3 isn't being expected to only score off dunks.

    Most including myself just wanted the same production from a yr ago.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  33. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 3 scouts brutally honest assessment of the Pacers - Indystar

    Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Speaking as someone who has had access to the team, coaches, the locker room, and the occasional practices for the last year, I consider this statement to be contrary to my experience and completely wrong.
    Tim, would you be of the opinion that making West a larger part of the offense at this time, in a sense encouraging him to be a bit selfish, would enhance the probability of winning a few more games until either additional players (Hibbert, George) can "step up" or Granger returns?

  34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:


  35. #21
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,603

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 3 scouts brutally honest assessment of the Pacers - Indystar

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep Vogels answer to the lack of good passers on the team has been to make the offense easier, the problem is that it also makes it easier for teams to guard it.
    I have to agree with part of this. I think what has been missing is that the pass targets aren't moving without the ball to help the passer find a good passing lane - in fact, some of the turnovers have clearly been when someone with some semblance of court vision sees an open spot and that a player has a route to it, passes it there, but the pass receiver hasn't bothered to move to the open spot.

    We really just fail to move.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  37. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,046

    Default Re: 3 scouts brutally honest assessment of the Pacers - Indystar

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But isn't that the definition of "the guy who wants to put the team on his shoulders"?

    I sometimes think this is one of the biggest fan split personalities out there. If a guy we think is capable of it ISN'T grabbing every opportunity to score, he's soft and has no killer instinct. If a guy DOES grab every opportunity when the game is on the line and no one else is stepping up (PLEASE note that part!) and yet isn't completely successful, then he is selfish and a black hole.

    To me, selfish is keeping the ball when:

    a) your job is to be in the flow of the play, not the end of it
    b) someone else is being successful and you are keeping the ball from them

    If either of these things is false, then "selfish" is not the correct term.
    I think we just view selfish differently. To me being selfish being good or bad is very circumstantial, but I consider it selfish no matter what. Just sometimes it is beneficial to the team, while the majority of the time it isn't.

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  39. #23
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: 3 scouts brutally honest assessment of the Pacers - Indystar

    I don't consider West selfish at all. IMO he is too unselfish. his job is to score and be a leader on our team. I want him to shoot a lot, if he is open out to about 18 feet and realtively open I want him shooting. If he is posting and can get a decent shot off, I want him shooting. it isn't like we have Lebron on our team for him to pass the ball too. Right now he doesn't even have Granger to pass to. He's our best offensive player right now.

  40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  41. #24
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,603

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 3 scouts brutally honest assessment of the Pacers - Indystar

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we just view selfish differently. To me being selfish being good or bad is very circumstantial, but I consider it selfish no matter what. Just sometimes it is beneficial to the team, while the majority of the time it isn't.
    When it is on purpose I would call it ball dominant - it seems unfair to me to use a pejorative like "selfish" to describe what someone is asked and expected to do.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  43. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 3 scouts brutally honest assessment of the Pacers - Indystar

    Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tim, would you be of the opinion that making West a larger part of the offense at this time, in a sense encouraging him to be a bit selfish, would enhance the probability of winning a few more games until either additional players (Hibbert, George) can "step up" or Granger returns?
    He is already a big part of the offense, the problem is that teams already know how to shut him down, making West a bigger part of the offense(take into consideration that he is already a huge part) all is going to do is keep other guys for touching the ball and getting in rhythm specially Roy.

Similar Threads

  1. An Assessment of Pacer Talent
    By madison in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-26-2008, 10:59 AM
  2. An open honest discusion about the Pacers....
    By Peck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 12-29-2005, 03:38 PM
  3. Sporting News NBA preview, scouts take on the Pacers
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-16-2005, 05:38 PM
  4. NBA scouts take on the Pacers.
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-03-2005, 09:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •