Thread: Just a little perspective on the effect of losing Granger

Threaded View

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Default Just a little perspective on the effect of losing Granger

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-chat-w...gham-11152012/

Cain

Is Frank Vogel’s seat starting to get a little hot in Indiana?

Joel Brigham

I hope not, because I really do think Frank is a solid young coach. Believe it or not, losing Danny Granger was a massive stomach punch to those guys. I talked to both Paul George and Roy Hibbert last weekend about how everyone took the news and they were devastated just talking about it. George even went on to admit that they’re having a hard time adjusting offensively when that big an offensive presence just no longer is part of the team. I think that injury shell-shocked them a bit, and I think they’re a young team feeling the pressure of high expectations. It’s a long season, and they’re going to get better. There are some very good players here, after all. But I’m not selling Vogel yet. He’s a smart guy, and I’m anxious to see how he gets his boys out of their funk.

ballhog

All this Paul George breakout seemed a little premature to me. Now with Granger out all those people begging to trade him to give George the SF spot must be kicking them selves. He looks awful in a feature role.

Joel Brigham

He hasn’t looked awful, but he hasn’t looked as immediately amazing as we all thought he’d be. I think he’s working at it, and I feel confident he’ll figure out how to explode onto the scene sometime in the not-too-distant future. We’ve seen a flashes of it this season, but it’d be nicer to see him be more officient offensively. Great kid, though, and really hoping he does well.
    Sittin on top of the world!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post: