Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Pacers-Bucks Postgame

Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers-Bucks Postgame

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Bucks announcers said something interesting tonight. I'm paraphrasing, but this is what they said:

"Jim Boylen, Pacers assistant, was walking with us this evening and made a comment about how the Bucks have team chemistry. He said "that was us last year". Did he mean there's a chemistry problem this year?".
    The Pacers are the 2010-2011 version of the Bucks.....a team with solid defense but with NO offense at all.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Vogel is quoted as saying "we knew the schedule was going to be tough early."

This guy has really lost it. He might not even be all the way there if he's calling this part of the schedule tough. I'm sorry, but either he's a walking cliche machine or he's lost his mind as well as losing the locker room.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 3rdStrike For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It took the Pacers most of the season last year to convince the fans they were for real. Now this season they have convinced fans that last year was just an aberration, and they have done it in record time. I hate to give up on them but is it time to stick a fork in them and say they are done?

Shoulda kept the bench together... jus signed mahimni outright and left it at that.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

Honestly, we probably should have looked at bird stepping down as a more devestating sitation than we did. I think he probably would have kept a more cohesive team together.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

I think it's time to give Lance the ball and let Hill do what he does best off the ball. What do we have to lose?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrike View Post

This guy has really lost it. He might not even be all the way there if he's calling this part of the schedule tough. I'm sorry, but either he's a walking cliche machine or he's lost his mind as well as losing the locker room.
    Does Vogel know that we've been playing mostly Lottery Teams?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrike View Post

this guy is a bigger idiot than i think he is.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xtacy For This Useful Post:

Chemistry problem AND a talent problem AND a leadership problem AND a motivation problem AND an offense problem AND ON AND ON AND ON....

Better fix something soon or this is going to get completely out of hand.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Mood

I am not going to jump off the cliff after nine games so far. Now if we are still in a funk after the first half of the season I will worry about our depth and lack of chemistry. Right now I see us starting from scratch chemistry wise. I think losing Danny is a pretty big blow to the team right now. As much as I like DW and his efforts to be the leader while Danny is out, I think he needs Danny more than anything to share the burden of being the man. When Danny is in the game it keeps other teams from suckking down in the post it kept other teams from double and even triple teaming our bigs especially Roy and David. Hopefully we can stabilize this ship before Danny gets back and have around a .500 record when that happens. I think there is too much pressure on the bench as well with all of the hype locally. The biggest syrprise to me so far is Lance and his development. IMHO I see Lance as much more in control of his game and better technique when he is shooting the ball. We may have not played a lot of the top tier teams right now but we have played a lot on the road. Hopefully our bench guys can find their roles on this team and develop that chemistry that we had as a unit last year. If you look at the games that we lost this year, minus last night and San Antonio, we were in those games and just could not close them out. DW is not a good guy to consistently expect him to close out the games when we have no deep threat shooters on the floor. The other teams just sag down in the post doubling and tripling our bigs making them make bad plays. As much as I like to ramble on in the morning I just think we need to take some time and patience the first half of the season. There are only a handful of teams that could lose their best player and still win consistently and we are not one of them at this point.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to jeffg-body For This Useful Post:

There were a couple of times that Udoh completely owned Hibbert when the Pacers were on offense. He out-muscled him and would simply not let Roy get in position to catch the ball. There's one possession that sticks out in my mind where Roy spent almost 24 seconds trying to just get in front of Udoh but he couldn't. Udoh was owning him physically and was determined to deny him the ball.

DJ Augistin is horrible. I harp on this every game and will continue to do so as long as Augistin is bad and as long as Collison plays well. I fully expect Collison to torch us tomorrow night. That has to be one of the worst Pacer trades in the last 10 or so years. The Walsh/Pritchard combo gets a solid F- for their moves this summer. All offseason we were told that this team had improved their bench, but it's not even a wash right now. This bench isn't as good as last year. Collison might have his flaws, but he is instant offense. We sure could have used some of that last night.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post

did he not have the control he wanted over the direction they were going?

IMO, it was this more than anything else. I believe Bird and Herb didn't see eye to eye on how to build a championship team. Bird got frustrated and walked. Herbie brought in his security blanket, Walsh, feeling Walsh would continue the success Bird had. It's Simon's team, I just hope he's happy with what he got with Walsh at the helm.

Someone might want to point out to Herb that Charlotte has a winning record and have won their last 3 games while the Pacers are "6" games under .500 with a team that would be hard pressed to win games in the D-League. I guess Herb can be happy the Pacers have won 2 more games than Detroit, with the Pistons winning their 1st game of the season last night, under the guidance of Walsh.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    IMO, it was this more than anything else. I believe Bird and Herb didn't see eye to eye on how to build a championship team. Bird got frustrated and walked. Herbie brought in his security blanket, Walsh, feeling Walsh would continue the success Bird had. It's Simon's team, I just hope he's happy with what he got with Walsh at the helm.

Someone might want to point out to Herb that Charlotte has a winning record and have won their last 3 games while the Pacers are "6" games under .500 with a team that would be hard pressed to win games in the D-League. I guess Herb can be happy the Pacers have won 2 more games than Detroit, with the Pistons winning their 1st game of the season last night, under the guidance of Walsh.

I will go to my grave thinking that Bird and Simon had a disagreement about the future of the team. You don't go from saying "I'd do it today (sign on for another year) if Herbie was here" to completely leaving in June unless something big happens. Sure it's possible that his health flared up, but you'd think we would have heard something by now. When Bird said in May that he wanted to come back, he would have had an entire year to evaluate his health and would have known what the next season would entail physically. He clearly thought in May that he was physically up to it. This season got off to a bad start with the Bird departure in the summer.

The part about the schedule being tough early is that the Pacers have played a lot of road games. They have also played more games than most teams. In fact no team has played more games. Pacers are 1 of 6 other teams that have played 9 games

That is why Frank said the schedule has been tough. You might disagree, but there is some logic to what Frank said. At least his statement shouldn't lead anyone to suggest he is an idiot and or anything like that
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 11-15-2012 at 09:29 AM.

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks for the clarification. I was ready to hollar BS when thinking only in terms of the competition being played. I can see where his statement has some validity now.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    The part about the schedule being tough early is that the Pacers have played a lot of road games. They have also played more games than most teams. In fact no team has played more games. Pacers are 1 of 6 other teams that have played 9 games

That is why Frank said the schedule has been tough. You might disagree, but there is some logic to what Frank said. At least his statement shouldn't lead anyone to suggest he is an idiot and or anything like that
    That comment doesn't make me believe he's an idiot but the plays he draws up has be convinced he is.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

I don't think what Frank said is in any way BS. It's true. But it's passing the buck. Stop making excuses, especially weak *** ones, the team being bad is on the team, that includes everyone employed by the organization.

Last year's nutty scheduling was never a problem since they won. But now it is?

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would kill for the schedule the pacers have had thus far. Maybe I lack perspective and it's tougher than it looks but it sure as **** isn't close to what we've had to deal with our first 9 games.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by tomkat1971 View Post
    It took the Pacers most of the season last year to convince the fans they were for real. Now this season they have convinced fans that last year was just an aberration, and they have done it in record time. I hate to give up on them but is it time to stick a fork in them and say they are done?
    NO! Of course we don't give up!

Besides, you have to stick around just in the event that they turn this ship around and start stringing some wins together. That way you can say, "I knew they'd get it together eventually," and point at laugh at all the quitters that gave up on the team too early.

Mood

I was just asking for opinions on what the board thought. All I meant was that from what Ive seen so far its not going to happen. I would be one happy camper if they proved me wrong.