Thread: Pacers-Bucks Postgame

Default Re: Pacers-Bucks Postgame

Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Problem 1: Our front office is inept

Problem 2: Our coach is inept

Problem 3: Our players are inept

Solution: Pray
    I would include ownership with this list as well.
    Bird left for a reason, and I don't believe his health had anything to do with it. Bringing Walsh back has got to be one of the most ponderous moves I've ever seen a pro team make. Should we do a search and find the best guy for the job? Nah....bring in ol Bug Eyes so we can relive the Murphleavy glory days.

And to think I could have taken my family on a long trip to Hawaii for what I spent on season tix makes me wanna puke.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brinocerous For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Don't bench all the starters. Lance has done nothing wrong. Hill and West do try and show some heart. But bench Roy and PG. Place them in the inactive list. Just show that this is not allowed to continue.
    Lance isn't a starter.

As far as Hill and West, more so West, go don't pay so much attention to their offense and ignore the defensive end.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

When things go bad you start to press, the more you press the worse it gets. The team has lost their collective confidence. Not sure how to get out of it! I have had it happen when I played and when I coached. Still don't know what to do! Sometimes it takes a fight on the court, sometimes a serious talk in the locker room. Wish I had a real good answer. One thing for certain the players are much more frustrated and upset than ANY of the fans. BTW I think that Hansbrough plays better when he's given more minutes. Go Pacers!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BobbyMac For This Useful Post:

I don't want to speculate but is this team on the verge of collapsing? It looks like our starters from last year just don't mesh up. PG had a nice start to the season but he's fading up. Roy has just...gone, mentally. I don't know what the heck is running on his head right now. Hill and West are really trying to do what they can, but they obviously need support.

Right now, I won't mind if Vogel will bench Roy for Tyler. And right now, I would like them to try something different to spark some life that's been missing in this team. And I really hope they start Tyler at this point because I think his offense-oriented mindset is what his teammates need to look at (drawing fouls, trying to score from inside, plays physical). It worked some time ago, and may probably work right now given our offensive struggles. And as for Roy, he needs to search his all-star and max-player self soon before the situations worsens further.

Are we doing anything offensively that is different than last year? Doesn't look like it to me. Wasn't the theory Vogel with a full off-season/training camp would certainly adjust/diversify? Looks worse than ever right now.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

on the VERGE of collapsing? we're already there man.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I'm being serious: What are some real solutions to correct what ails this team? Hell, before you answer that, what exactly is it that ails this team? Time to go through the process: Admit we have a problem(s), identify the problem(s), explore possible solutions.
    Get rid of the head coach ASAP. Let the Brian Shaw era begin. Failing that, here's my checklist:

1. (As with tonight) Give more of Hibbert's minutes to Hansbrough and Plumlee. It serves the dual purpose of letting Big Money know he is being held accountable & providing energy / fresh legs to the inside game on offense.

2. Have the 2nd unit run up-tempo, Alvin Gentry / Mike D'Antoni style. Augustin, Green, Mahinmi, etc are all lithe and athletic, so DO NOT FORCE THEM INTO A HALFCOURT SYSTEM...square peg for a round hole. Let the starters be "smashmouth" or whatever. Speaking of which, ...

3. Instruct Paul George to take the ball inside. He's taken more shots the last two games, which is very encouraging. The problem is that they haven't been great shots. With that said, I really like that turnaround/fadeaway in the lane that he's shooting. He's missing it almost 100% of the time, but it's a really smart shot for him to be working on and once he gets it down it will be devastating.

4. Instruct Lance Stephenson to take the ball inside. He gets there almost at will, but then he passes (or forces a pass) to someone else.

5. Play Augustin with West a little more often. I can see them developing a nice pick & pop rhythm. Annnnnnnnnnnnd....

6. Play Lance with Green a little more often. Lance will get him the open looks that Hill / Augustin have not.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrike View Post
    Get rid of the head coach ASAP. Let the Brian Shaw era begin. Failing that, here's my checklist:

1. (As with tonight) Give more of Hibbert's minutes to Hansbrough and Plumlee. It serves the dual purpose of letting Big Money know he is being held accountable & providing energy / fresh legs to the inside game on offense.

2. Have the 2nd unit run up-tempo, Alvin Gentry / Mike D'Antoni style. Augustin, Green, Mahinmi, etc are all lithe and athletic, so DO NOT FORCE THEM INTO A HALFCOURT SYSTEM...square peg for a round hole. Let the starters be "smashmouth" or whatever. Speaking of which, ...

3. Instruct Paul George to take the ball inside. He's taken more shots the last two games, which is very encouraging. The problem is that they haven't been great shots. With that said, I really like that turnaround/fadeaway in the lane that he's shooting. He's missing it almost 100% of the time, but it's a really smart shot for him to be working on and once he gets it down it will be devastating.

4. Instruct Lance Stephenson to take the ball inside. He gets there almost at will, but then he passes (or forces a pass) to someone else.

5. Play Augustin with West a little more often. I can see them developing a nice pick & pop rhythm. Annnnnnnnnnnnd....

6. Play Lance with Green a little more often. Lance will get him the open looks that Hill / Augustin have not.
    I like your ideas. However, I do not believe uptempo suits Agustin any better. The guys just isn't good. I don't think he's athletic at all. He's lilliputian in stature with no lateral movement whatsoever. I don't think he'd be particularly more effective.

-Emiliano Zapata

Sports Logo

10-45.....that's the FG% of the Starters. Wow......just wow. Thanks PG and West for hitting a shooting slump this week......both of you are doing wonders for my Fantasy Team.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Well it's not like we're so down from the beginning. So I think we're not there yet (although I think we're really close).

RLeWorm

i'm gonna say it again...y did we have to suck this year? i would not be surprised if we somehow finally got the #1 pick this year, but it would be the wrong year. Our luck right? Andrew Wiggins to Indiana 2014!

During practice, they should put the 1st string against the 3rd string. Based on recent performances, the 3rd string would beat the 1st string and that should be some sort of wake up call.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Let me just put it this way, and I'm not syaing it will happen, but if Roy plays like this for his entire contract. Well, the Pacers in Indianapolis may never recover.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Let me just put it this way, and I'm not syaing it will happen, but if Roy plays like this for his entire contract. Well, the Pacers in Indianapolis may never recover.
    That's a bit much, but I have already conceded that Roy's contract is officially horrible
    David "And One" West

Albatross comes to mind.

-Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    The most bizarre thing about this is we just don't know WHY this is happening.

Is Frank losing the team? Has this been an issue looming in the background for a longer period of time?

Or is it truly just a mixture of HORRIFIC slumps by 3/4 of our team all at the same time?

Go back and look at the Kings game, or the opening night Toronto game. It may not have always been pretty, but guys were engaged and into the games.

They cared!

What has changed?
    I've been saying this and I know it's not popular but go back and review Roy's college career. He really made a name for himself his second to last year (or in this case, last season), then he came back for his last year being considered maybe the best true center in college basketball or at least top 2, and he was just not as good (this year), he plummeted out of the top 10 in the draft and was so inconsistent and frankly non chalant that he went from being a guy I really wanted in the draft to being a guy I want no part of. What am I saying? What if Roy is just one of those guys that once he hits a goal, he plateaus and that is that. I don't know, I'm not saying that's true, but it's a little frightening to me how the end of his college career parallels these last two seasons.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    That's a bit much, but I have already conceded that Roy's contract is officially horrible
    It would be a bit much if the team wasn't already still trying to recover from teh brawl, JO's deal, and the Murphleavy deals.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I've been saying this and I know it's not popular but go back and review Roy's college career. He really made a name for himself his second to last year (or in this case, last season), then he came back for his last year being considered maybe the best true center in college basketball or at least top 2, and he was just not as good (this year), he plummeted out of the top 10 in the draft and was so inconsistent and frankly non chalant that he went from being a guy I really wanted in the draft to being a guy I want no part of. What am I saying? What if Roy is just one of those guys that once he hits a goal, he plateaus and that is that. I don't know, I'm not saying that's true, but it's a little frightening to me how the end of his college career parallels these last two seasons.

That's really bizarre. I certainly won't discount the theory, but it does seem like a bit of a reach if I am being honest.

Roy has never struck me as a complacent sort of individual. But he does have a fairly fragile sense of self-confidence as a basketball player.

For whatever reason, be it his contract or something personal we will never know, that self-confidence is just at rock bottom on the court right now.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

That's really bizarre. I certainly won't discount the theory, but it does seem like a bit of a reach if I am being honest.

Roy has never struck me as a complacent sort of individual. But he does have a fairly fragile sense of self-confidence as a basketball player.

For whatever reason, be it his contract or something personal we will never know, that self-confidence is just at rock bottom on the court right now.
    I'm certainly not promoting the theory per say, but I felt the parallel deserves pointing out.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Barbosa had 16 today.
    Not the first night..
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

Thank goodness this rough Bobcats-Raptors-Bucks schedule is over. Now the Pacers can look forward to the Mavs. Dirk's not playing, so the Pacers should dominate. All teams completely fall apart when they lose their best player, right? No?
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aw Heck For This Useful Post:

DJ Augustine may be in the D-League next season for real...
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

Guess we know who was dealing the tough pills in the locker room.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

the fragile, sensitive Roy is an excuse. If it is somehow true, than how could our management spend so much money on an unstable individual? What happened is Roy didn't put in the work in the off-season. He didn't take basketball seriously. Being the highest paid player on our team, he was supposed to be our "de facto" leader. With Danny being out, who is actually a leader, Roy has failed in leading his team
    David "And One" West

At least Augustine is a one year deal. Too bad Green and Mahinmi deals are not.

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post: