Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 124

Thread: Cellar for Zeller

  1. #26
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,630
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    OH HELL YEH! We should TOTALLY tank for Zeller, he's totally going to pan out to be a superstar a la Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Durant, CP3, etc. Instant offense, instant leadership, instant Hoosier recognition (thus tickets sold). I mean, look at Charlotte! Worst record in the league last year, now they're killing the league with Anthony Davis! Greatest idea ever, I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner.

    The Indiana Pacers will never win a draft lottery, tanking or not, worst record or not, trading their best player(s) for **** or not, as long as David Stern is still running the draft (which means, up until next year).

    However, what makes you think Zeller isn't going to stick around IU, especially if they don't win the championship? Then we'll have tanked for no reason. Zeller already stayed one year, maybe he's one of those idiots who stays to get his degree, only to get drafted, not show up mentally, and disappoint most people who support him despite his "championship experience" and "hustle" and "beast mode" nature (Hansbro).

    Maybe in 2-3 years (when we still haven't won a championship, when Cody finally graduates, and when David Stern is no longer in office), we can trade all our best players (Granger, PG, Hibbert, Hill, whoever is "best" then) to the Lakers or Heat or Celtics or something awesome, for some really bad draft picks. Then we can fail the rest of the season so our draft pick skies. When we maybe, possibly, finally win the draft lottery, we can rebuild this team (again), this time around your superstar Cody Zeller, and see how we do for the next 4-8 years.


    Seriously, people, tanking is despicable. Why waste a whole season playing competitive basketball, completely losing the fanbase they worked so hard to gain, just to RISK getting a draft pick high enough to pick some Hoosier? One whose career would likely be overshadowed by the fact that the Pacers picked him with the #1 pick, and Detroit stole Shabazz Muhammad at #2, who ended up becoming the next prodigious incarnation of the "superstar" class. That would be our luck. Do you understand how this works now? Just play good basketball, trade for a decent pick, and let some other team **** up their own season to make us better.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  2. The Following User Says Thank You to imbtyler For This Useful Post:


  3. #27

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    Meh..I'd let history be my guide and pass over Zeller and take the SG from UCLA, Shabazz Muhammed.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eddie Gill For This Useful Post:


  5. #28

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    tank for wiggins
    Haha that kid is amazing though.

  6. #29
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    I'm willing to "Suck Azz for Shabazz"


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  8. #30
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,375

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm willing to "Suck Azz for Shabazz"


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    You can have the knucklehead that got himself ruled ineligible. I'll take the humble guy who is leading the number 1 team right now
    David "And One" West

  9. #31
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,440

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He will never be a superstar. He will be a lifetime backup just like his brothers. The problem is wing span for his heighth. He may be 7 foot tall but some 6'8" forwards will have a bigger wing span. His hands are also small for a center.... He won't make a big splash in the NBA....
    It's fine to say Zeller may not make it, but neither of the reasons you give in this post are true. Zeller has a pretty good wing span and actually has great hands.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  10. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's fine to say Zeller may not make it, but neither of the reasons you give in this post are true. Zeller has a pretty good wing span and actually has great hands.
    I am repeating what has been said about him on draft boards. I didn't say he had bad hands, I said they were small for a big man. His brothers have shared this problem and they either didn't make in in the NBA or they are going to be backups. So will Cody..... Hell, I wouldn't draft him just because he showed the poor judgement of joining the crooks and cheaters at IU.....

  11. #33
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can have the knucklehead that got himself ruled ineligible. I'll take the humble guy who is leading the number 1 team right now
    I'll take Zeller's mindset over Muhammed's, but Zeller is just another great college player with a limited NBA future. Shabazz has the talent to be a superstar very quickly, like a Durant. I'm willing to take the chance on the head case. I mean, we got Lance to grow up.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  13. #34
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,375

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tyler Hansbrough had one of the most decorated college careers of all time.

    College skills don't always translate to the NBA. Don't get me wrong. Zeller will be a pretty good player...definitely not a superstar.
    Hansbrough was great in college, and made a name for himself with his heart and determination. Wasn't known for his athleticism. Cody is a fundamentally sound, efficient player. More technical than Hansbrough. More polished. Not sure why you were comparing these 2.
    David "And One" West

  14. #35

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    Zeller obviously isn't going to stay because IU is oversigned by 3 players right now. He has to go pro.

  15. #36
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    11,915

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Zeller obviously isn't going to stay because IU is oversigned by 3 players right now. He has to go pro.
    No he doesn't. He just has to pay his own way. Or Crean'll work something else out. If Zeller wants to stay Zeller gets to stay.

  16. #37

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No he doesn't. He just has to pay his own way. Or Crean'll work something else out. If Zeller wants to stay Zeller gets to stay.
    Well Crean wouldn't have a problem with cutting scholarship players I know. Zeller is gone though. It's rare to see players pass up top 3 picks.

  17. #38
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    11,915

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well Crean wouldn't have a problem with cutting scholarship players I know. Zeller is gone though. It's rare to see players pass up top 3 picks.
    Oh I agree he's gone, Crean wouldn't be this oversigned if Zeller hadn't told him he was leaving, in my opinion obviously. Just saying he doesn't HAVE to go anywhere.

  18. #39
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,440

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am repeating what has been said about him on draft boards. I didn't say he had bad hands, I said they were small for a big man. His brothers have shared this problem and they either didn't make in in the NBA or they are going to be backups. So will Cody..... Hell, I wouldn't draft him just because he showed the poor judgement of joining the crooks and cheaters at IU.....
    His one brother is about 10 games into his NBA career, and his oldest brother was always the worst of the 3. Cody has always been regarded as the best, since he was about 14. Small hands? No, not really.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  19. #40
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,440

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll take Zeller's mindset over Muhammed's, but Zeller is just another great college player with a limited NBA future. Shabazz has the talent to be a superstar very quickly, like a Durant. I'm willing to take the chance on the head case. I mean, we got Lance to grow up.
    Have you ever actually seen Shabazz play? I am just asking because the guy may never even put on a UCLA uniform.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  20. #41
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,440

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hansbrough was great in college, and made a name for himself with his heart and determination. Wasn't known for his athleticism. Cody is a fundamentally sound, efficient player. More technical than Hansbrough. More polished. Not sure why you were comparing these 2.
    Agreed, Cody may never be a superstar, but his game is nothing like Tyler's.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  22. #42

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    I've seen Cody play enough to know he'll be a good pro, but not one worth tanking for. If we end up with the #1 pick I'd rather take the risk on Shabazz. Also I doubt he misses more than 15 games. JMO.

  23. #43
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have you ever actually seen Shabazz play? I am just asking because the guy may never even put on a UCLA uniform.
    Yes, I've seen his highlight videos and he reminds me of like a Rose/Westbrook type hybrid. The fact that he may never play for UCLA would be fantastic for the Pacers. Assuming we sneak into the lottery or have a pick just out of the lottery, being a straight from HS player he could slip to us. This league is a business, and no superstars are coming to town anytime soon. We have to take the chance and try to create our own.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  24. #44
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,375

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tyler Hansbrough had one of the most decorated college careers of all time.

    College skills don't always translate to the NBA. Don't get me wrong. Zeller will be a pretty good player...definitely not a superstar.
    Hansbrough was great in college, and made a name for himself with his heart and determination. Wasn't known for his athleticism. Cody is a fundamentally sound, efficient player. More technical than Hansbrough. More polished. Not sure why you were comparing these 2.
    David "And One" West

  25. #45
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,440

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    You've seen his highlight videos...OK. I've seen Gerald Green's highlight videos and he looks like a new age cross between Reggie Miller and Julius Erving. Not trying to be a jerk, I'm just saying if Shabazz doesn't play a single minute for UCLA it's going to be pretty tough for me to get excited. I did not watch any of his full games in HS because he was never really on IU's radar. So I can't really comment on him or get excited, I have seen the highlight videos, but they are jsut that...highlight videos.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  26. #46

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You've seen his highlight videos...OK. I've seen Gerald Green's highlight videos and he looks like a new age cross between Reggie Miller and Julius Erving. Not trying to be a jerk, I'm just saying if Shabazz doesn't play a single minute for UCLA it's going to be pretty tough for me to get excited. I did not watch any of his full games in HS because he was never really on IU's radar. So I can't really comment on him or get excited, I have seen the highlight videos, but they are jsut that...highlight videos.
    To be fair Green is a mediocre free agent and Shabazz is the #1 recruit in the nation. I haven't seen him play but I probably will later this year with UCLA.

  27. #47
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,440

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be fair Green is a mediocre free agent and Shabazz is the #1 recruit in the nation. I haven't seen him play but I probably will later this year with UCLA.
    Do you remember where Gerald Green was ranked coming out of high school? I'll give you a hint, he was the number 1 rated recruit in the entire nation.

    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...kings/rank-768

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  28. #48
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You've seen his highlight videos...OK. I've seen Gerald Green's highlight videos and he looks like a new age cross between Reggie Miller and Julius Erving. Not trying to be a jerk, I'm just saying if Shabazz doesn't play a single minute for UCLA it's going to be pretty tough for me to get excited. I did not watch any of his full games in HS because he was never really on IU's radar. So I can't really comment on him or get excited, I have seen the highlight videos, but they are jsut that...highlight videos.
    That's true, they are just highlights. Like I said though, we have to start taking chances on guys that could potentially be great. He was a very highly coveted college recruit, so you can at least assume he had the talent to be good at UCLA. He has all kinds of talent, and I definitely think the Pacers should try and draft him, because I'm not the only one who thinks he can be a star. Many scouts and writers compare him to Harden, which is a fairly accurate comparison. We have to take a chance and try to make a star sometime if we are planning on getting to the ECF, let alone the NBA Finals.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  29. #49

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you remember where Gerald Green was ranked coming out of high school? I'll give you a hint, he was the number 1 rated recruit in the entire nation.

    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...kings/rank-768
    Can't trust that ranking when the greatest basketball player of all-time is all the way down at #18.

  30. #50
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,440

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't trust that ranking when the greatest basketball player of all-time is all the way down at #18.
    That cracked me up too, but Rivals is pretty much the best recruiting service in the country and is the same recruiting service that has Shabazz at number 1. http://rivals.yahoo.com/basketballre...rivals150/2012

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Similar Threads

  1. Add G. Dragic, E. Gordon, and T. Zeller or J. Henson?
    By johndozark in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-05-2012, 10:28 AM
  2. How good are Cody Zeller/Yogi Ferrell going to be?
    By BringJackBack in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-14-2010, 10:58 AM
  3. Wiz keep Kings in cellar with hard-fought win [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-15-2009, 08:40 PM
  4. If this is what you guys do over at Btowns cellar then...
    By Mourning in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-24-2006, 05:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •