Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 124

Thread: Cellar for Zeller

  1. #51

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That cracked me up too, but Rivals is pretty much the best recruiting service in the country and is the same recruiting service that has Shabazz at number 1. http://rivals.yahoo.com/basketballre...rivals150/2012
    Oh yeah Rivals is usually pretty good for basketball. I prefer 247 for football, but Rivals is definitely better than ESPN for both IMO.

  2. #52

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    8 current/former Pacers in the top 100 of that 2005 Rivals 150. That's pretty crazy really. What an awesome recruiting class.

  3. #53
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,040

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    8 current/former Pacers in the top 100 of that 2005 Rivals 150. That's pretty crazy really. What an awesome recruiting class.
    2004 is super crazy.

    http://rivals.yahoo.com/basketballre...rivals150/2004

    Dwight, Josh Smith, Al Jefferson, Rudy Gay, heck Shaun Livingston could have been great if not for his knee. Lamarcus Aldridge, Glen Davis, Marvin Williams, Rajon Rondo, Aaron Afflalo, Kyle Lowry, and that's just the guys in the top 30 of that class.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  4. #54
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,276
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    By that account, one man's failure to live up to the hype doesn't make Shabazz a bust. Gerald didn't work hard in the NBA... that was his initial problem.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  5. #55
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,040

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By that account, one man's failure to live up to the hype doesn't make Shabazz a bust. Gerald didn't work hard in the NBA... that was his initial problem.
    no, but it's a cautionary tale. I'm just saying if we get the number 1 pick in next year's draft (God are we really having to talk about this?) Shabazz won't be first on my list, honestly neither will Cody, I'm not sure who will be number 1 right now on my list this spring honestly.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  6. #56
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,276
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no, but it's a cautionary tale. I'm just saying if we get the number 1 pick in next year's draft (God are we really having to talk about this?) Shabazz won't be first on my list, honestly neither will Cody, I'm not sure who will be number 1 right now on my list this spring honestly.
    No, not with the number one pick (David Stern will never give us) we'll never get. I'm talking like late lottery or just outside. Since he may not have a collegiate career, I have a feeling he'll slip.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  7. #57
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,040

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, not with the number one pick (David Stern will never give us) we'll never get. I'm talking like late lottery or just outside. Since he may not have a collegiate career, I have a feeling he'll slip.
    I agree with that, if he doesn't play this year, I think he slips at least to the 10ish range.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  8. #58

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with that, if he doesn't play this year, I think he slips at least to the 10ish range.
    I don't know. Enes Kanter still went #3. Muhammad would still be a top 5 pick IMO.

  9. #59
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,040

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know. Enes Kanter still went #3. Muhammad would still be a top 5 pick IMO.
    Enes Kanter is 7 feet tall.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  11. #60
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,638

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By that account, one man's failure to live up to the hype doesn't make Shabazz a bust. Gerald didn't work hard in the NBA... that was his initial problem.
    No, Gerald is a stupid basketball player. That was his initial and current problem.

  12. #61
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,638

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    For what it's worth, if Shabazz doesn't play a single minute of college ball this season, he's still a top 5 pick at worst, and likely top 3. Chad Ford had a question about this very topic yesterday.

  13. #62
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,638

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/blog/...rica-nba-draft

    Shabazz Muhammad, F, UCLA
    Top 100 Rank: 3

    On Friday the NCAA ruled that Muhammad was ineligible for the start of UCLA's season. Whether that ban continues all season is anyone's guess. Even if Muhammad doesn't play one game all season, every NBA scout I spoke with still believes he's a top-3 pick. He's got a terrific motor, is a great scorer and is versatile.

    In fact, if Noel doesn't improve, I wouldn't be shocked to see Muhammad go No. 1. Plenty of scouts have concerns about Cody Zeller's long-term upside in the NBA. They may feel Muhammad has more sizzle. At this point, I'm not sure it behooves Muhammad to play for UCLA. His draft stock may be better off sitting the season out.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  15. #63
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,040

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    We'll see, but I think he slips at least out of the top 5 like Brandon Jennings did from playing overseas.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  16. #64
    Member Goyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    878

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    Haven't followed Shabazz much, but I know he's clearly the best prospect in this draft. Are there any legit reports of him being a headcase or we just assuming so because he got caught?

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Goyle For This Useful Post:


  18. #65

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    He's not a headcase. He got visits to UNC and Duke paid for. That's his only knock, far as I know anyway. And in terms of NBA stock I couldn't care less about it.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  20. #66
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with that, if he doesn't play this year, I think he slips at least to the 10ish range.
    No way he slips past 3. The scouts have watched him play for years and know his game. If I was him I would just say FU to the NCAa and high an agent and trainer now and get ready for the NBA. The NCAA is a joke the ruling is beyond bad. I surprised more kids don't just hire trainers and work on their game. With the Addais and Nike camps today Scouts see them play all the time now.

  21. #67
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,040

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No way he slips past 3. The scouts have watched him play for years and know his game. If I was him I would just say FU to the NCAa and high an agent and trainer now and get ready for the NBA. The NCAA is a joke the ruling is beyond bad. I surprised more kids don't just hire trainers and work on their game. With the Addais and Nike camps today Scouts see them play all the time now.
    More kids don't do it exactly because of what happened to Jennings.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  22. #68

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    In regards to tanking and whatnot, we may not even have to. We currently have the 7th pick. I do expect us to get better (have to right?), but I'm just saying.

    Also, the Lakers would have the 8th pick. So, yeah.

  23. #69
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    More kids don't do it exactly because of what happened to Jennings.
    Jennings played games I wouldn't advise that. Just hire a trainer and work 8 hrs a day to get better. Jennings slipped just as much for his backround and really a undersized pg who had a terrible feel for the game and a terrible descion maker. Bazz is a much better prospect than Jennings it really isn't a good comparsions IMO.

  24. #70
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,106

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    I'd rather the Pacers have Yogi than Zeller.

  25. #71
    Undefeated
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Carmel
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,048

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tyler Hansbrough had one of the most decorated college careers of all time.

    College skills don't always translate to the NBA. Don't get me wrong. Zeller will be a pretty good player...definitely not a superstar.
    To be fair to Hans, he's been one of our best players this year.
    Danger Zone

  26. #72
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,106

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be fair to Hans, he's been one of our best players this year.
    Your 2012-2013 Indiana Pacers.

  27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  28. #73
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,040

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your 2012-2013 Indiana Pacers.
    Where is the light yourself on fire emoticon?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  30. #74
    Certified Fresh funnyguy1105's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Age
    25
    Posts
    147
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be fair to Hans, he's been one of our best players this year.
    I also don't think Hans is playing much better (except maybe his defense) than last year. He's basically the same and everyone else is worse... Not a good trend.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to funnyguy1105 For This Useful Post:


  32. #75
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,520

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Cellar for Zeller

    I don't want Bazz. I'm sure he is an outstanding athlete and that oozes with potential. Give me the proven winner and leader. Give me the guy that more than held his own against the "can't miss" prospect Anthony Davis. Zeller > Bazz
    David "And One" West

Similar Threads

  1. Add G. Dragic, E. Gordon, and T. Zeller or J. Henson?
    By johndozark in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-05-2012, 10:28 AM
  2. How good are Cody Zeller/Yogi Ferrell going to be?
    By BringJackBack in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-14-2010, 10:58 AM
  3. Wiz keep Kings in cellar with hard-fought win [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-15-2009, 08:40 PM
  4. If this is what you guys do over at Btowns cellar then...
    By Mourning in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-24-2006, 05:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •