Thread: D-League...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default D-League...

I saw this post http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/pres...red-claws.html and I remembered there was talk about Vogel using the D-League to prepare Plumlee and OJ.....Any new word on this, or was that just a rumor as well???

Also, Fab Melo to the D-League......WOW....I thought he was ready for the big leagues....If he's not ready, you know damn good and well that Plumlee's not ready....

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: D-League...

Quote Originally Posted by ejwallace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I saw this post http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/pres...red-claws.html and I remembered there was talk about Vogel using the D-League to prepare Plumlee and OJ.....Any new word on this, or was that just a rumor as well???

Also, Fab Melo to the D-League......WOW....I thought he was ready for the big leagues....If he's not ready, you know damn good and well that Plumlee's not ready....
    Melo was not NBA ready not even close anyone who scouted him knew that. I didn't like him as a project just way to raw and lazy to boot. Terrible court awareness and really bad at about everything except for blocking shots at the rim. With that said I wouldn't be surprised if the Celtics could make a player out of him in a few years.

We wont use the Dleague except for when the team is on long road trips is how I took the news. I think when we go out west they will go to the Dleague.

Have they not been watching the D-league on a nightly basis already?

Mood

http://www.ridiculousupside.com/2012...s-the-mad-ants

Indiana Pacer rookie, Orlando Johnson, got a chance to run this weekend after being assigned to the Fort Wayne Mad Ants for the second time this season. In his previous stint with the Fort Wayne Mad Ants, the 6-foot-5 guard scored a combined 45 points and pulled down 15 rebounds over two games.

The former UC-Santa Barbara standout continued his D-League success by leading all scorers with 24 points in the recent Mad Ants win against the Texas Legends.

After being named the "Big West Player of the Year", Johnson was selected in the second round (36th overall pick) of the 2012 NBA draft by the Sacramento Kings. He was then traded to the Pacers for cash.

So far, the 23-year-old looks like a solid investment. Simply put, Johnson can score from anywhere on the floor. He plays offense with confidence and can hit buckets on the run, off-the-dribble, or in catch and shoot situations.

At times, it seems that the more difficult the shot, the more likely it is to fall for Johnson. He has nice perimeter moves that give him just enough room to get shots off. The guard's high release point allows him to hit with ease, even with a hand in his face.

With that said, the Legends could not find a way to stop Johnson on Friday night. Late in the game, they opted for the double team. However, when Johnson couldn't split the defense and score anyways, he switched gears and dished out six dimes, in addition to pouring in of the points.

His strong performance pulled the defense out to the perimeter and created scoring opportunities for his teammates. Johnson was fast in transition and even mixed it up on the boards against bigger opponents, pulling down five rebounds too.

It must be jarring to go from sitting on the bench to dominating an NBADL contest, but Johnson has handled it well. In three games with the Mad Ants, he's averaged 23 points, 6.7 rebounds, 2 assists, and 2 steals in 38 minutes per contest, and surely will only look to build upon that success as he continues in both the NBA and D-League.

This sounds like the OJ I watched at UCSB. The bold was what impressed me the most about this kid, he makes so many tough shots. I was stunned by his play in SL and what I have seen so far from him in limited PT. He was very unselfish at UCSB and was the opposite in limited PT. He really was a good passer in the 15 ish games I watched and I just hope he finds it in the NBA because the guy I watched in college looked like a great NBA role player. I haven't seen it so far but am hopeful he goes back to playing like he did at UCSB.

here is a link to his last game

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

If he keeps playing well does anyone think he could be called up to get some backup SG/SF minutes? He couldn't be any worse offensively than what we're getting so far from Green and Young, and we could definitely use another ball handler/passer in the 2nd unit. Defensively, I think he could hold his own. It they continue to struggle and Orlando keeps playing well, I think they should give him a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he keeps playing well does anyone think he could be called up to get some backup SG/SF minutes? He couldn't be any worse offensively than what we're getting so far from Green and Young, and we could definitely use another ball handler/passer in the 2nd unit. Defensively, I think he could hold his own. It they continue to struggle and Orlando keeps playing well, I think they should give him a shot.
    That probably hinges on any moves being made at or before the trade deadline. Green has looked better as of late.

Mood

http://www.nba.com/dleague/video/201...883/index.html

dleague showcase this week games on nba tv and nbc sports and of course youtube. I agree so much with Morey the Dleague is really good basketball and so many guys in the dleague can really play league will have 30 teams in the next 10 years IMO and will become a true minor league system like baseball where every team has it's own affiliate.