Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 166

Thread: Odd Thoughts: Shameful loss to the Raptors

  1. #51
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,694

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Shameful loss to the Raptors

    I'm making a point that teams go through lulls, even good teams.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  2. #52
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,183

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm making a point that teams go through lulls, even good teams.
    Absolutely. That doesn't make them irrelevant.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  3. #53
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,292

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Shameful loss to the Raptors

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Absolutely. That doesn't make them irrelevant.
    Doesn't mean the struggles are what the team actually is either. That's the whole point....

  4. #54
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,694

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Shameful loss to the Raptors

    I made my point Kstat lol.... not sure what tangent you're goin' down, but a 3-5 lull in November, to me, isn't near as troublesome as a 1-6 or 2-6 lull in Feb or March. Lulls happen; it's what's happening. We didn't blow our team up last March --- we adjusted and made a nice playoff run.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  6. #55
    Member RWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,337

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Shameful loss to the Raptors

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I made my point Kstat lol.... not sure what tangent you're goin' down, but a 3-5 lull in November, to me, isn't near as troublesome as a 1-6 or 2-6 lull in Feb or March. Lulls happen; it's what's happening. We didn't blow our team up last March --- we adjusted and made a nice playoff run.
    I thought the adjustment was George Hill healed up after being out. Just goes to show like this year how fragile this team was/is.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  7. #56
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,694

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Shameful loss to the Raptors

    Well Granger could also return this year. Think he's due back by the end of January? And this team will figure out how to win while he's gone. So we're lookin at a sort of similar "shot in the arm" down the stretch.

    Either way I'm not writing this team off after 8 games. I stand by that. I'll re-evaluate things in the middle of December, but as of right now, it's just silly to overreact. It's only been 8 games.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  9. #57
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,183

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I made my point Kstat lol.... not sure what tangent you're goin' down, but a 3-5 lull in November, to me, isn't near as troublesome as a 1-6 or 2-6 lull in Feb or March. Lulls happen; it's what's happening. We didn't blow our team up last March --- we adjusted and made a nice playoff run.
    First off, I'm the one person in this thread not going on a tangent.

    Second, this team is not last year's team. This isn't even the same season as last season. That's the point I was trying to make.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  11. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Shameful loss to the Raptors

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I made my point Kstat lol.... not sure what tangent you're goin' down, but a 3-5 lull in November, to me, isn't near as troublesome as a 1-6 or 2-6 lull in Feb or March. Lulls happen; it's what's happening. We didn't blow our team up last March --- we adjusted and made a nice playoff run.
    Last year one of the Pacers best players was not out for must of the season(maybe out for the season) so you keep comparing last year to this one all you want but we are in a different year and a different situation.

    By the way I expect the excuse making by February and March from the sunshiners either way.

  12. #59
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,694

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Shameful loss to the Raptors

    I know it's not last year's team. My point doesn't apply to just last year's team. It's something that all teams go through.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  13. #60
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,694

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Shameful loss to the Raptors

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Last year one of the Pacers best players was not out for must of the season(maybe out for the season) so you keep comparing last year to this one all you want but we are in a different year and a different situation.

    By the way I expect the excuse making by February and March from the sunshiners either way.
    No, our best player wasn't out --- our 3rd or 4th best player went down, and it threw our team into an almost month-long slide. So what makes you think losing Granger would have zero impact on us? You're actually proving *my* point. Granger is due back this year.

    I predict the opposite of you --- I expect the Debbie Downers to not be so squeaky come Feb or March.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  15. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Shameful loss to the Raptors

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know it's not last year's team. My point doesn't apply to just last year's team. It's something that all teams go through.
    "All teams" don't go through losing one of their best players, "All teams" don't go into fetal position once they lose their best player, all I'm hearing is excuses.

  16. #62
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,694

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Shameful loss to the Raptors

    All I'm hearing is a buncha whining.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  17. #63
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,876

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Shameful loss to the Raptors

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I could see Walsh looking to make some changes. Even if Granger comes back, there is still a high chance of his knee acting up again.
    Unless the change makes sense and is considered "comprable to decent" value....I'd be afraid that any noticeable change would be a "kneejerk" reaction.

    I don't like where we are now....but I also know that there has been significant changes to the lineup that could contribute to the lack of chemistry and continuity to the Team. This doesn't mean that Hibbert's lack of Production and Vogel's Coaching hasn't contributed to our losses.....it just means that I don't think that making further changes to the lineup is the answer.
    Last edited by CableKC; 11-14-2012 at 02:28 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  19. #64
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,292

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Shameful loss to the Raptors

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "All teams" don't go through losing one of their best players, "All teams" don't go into fetal position once they lose their best player, all I'm hearing is excuses.
    And yet a Kobe Bryant led Lakers team has a worse record than the Pacers right now. Screaming "blow it up" after 8 games is the definition of kneejerk reactions.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  21. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Shameful loss to the Raptors

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And yet a Kobe Bryant led Lakers team has a worse record than the Pacers right now. Screaming "blow it up" after 8 games is the definition of kneejerk reactions.
    Well they didn't blow it up but they fired their coach and made some s*** happen, I also expect them to make some trades to get better and you are wrong they don't have a worse record than the Pacers.

  22. #66
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,292

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Shameful loss to the Raptors

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well they didn't blow it up but they fired their coach and made some s*** happen, I also expect them to make some trades to get better and you are wrong they don't have a worse record than the Pacers.
    Nope, they just went into the fetal position, which is something you said good teams don't do. So Kobe Bryant/Dwight Howard lead team can't even live up to your unreasonable expectations.

    Sorry, they don't have a worse record, they have the same exact record. That completely changes the point.

    A team loses their best player, and is trying to get an entirely new bench comfortable with each other? Doesn't take much to figure out that there are going to be some early bumps in the road.
    Last edited by Since86; 11-14-2012 at 02:55 PM.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  24. #67
    Member RWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,337

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Shameful loss to the Raptors

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A team loses their best player, and is trying to get an entirely new bench comfortable with each other? Doesn't take much to figure out that there are going to be some early bumps in the road.
    Since, Danny only played one preseason game you would have thought maybe they could have been slightly a head of the curve too my friend. Unexpected should have been 'oh crap he got hurt during the last preseason game' not when he was out the entire time.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:


  26. #68
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,718

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Shameful loss to the Raptors

    There is nothing wrong with disagreements, but we will keep the individual insults out of this from both sides.

    This is not a request btw.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  28. #69
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,292

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Shameful loss to the Raptors

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Since, Danny only played one preseason game you would have thought maybe they could have been slightly a head of the curve too my friend. Unexpected should have been 'oh crap he got hurt during the last preseason game' not when he was out the entire time.
    Had they known he was going to be out for 3months, then yeah. But it looks like to me that they thought Danny was going to be in the lineup, and they tried to keep the plan as close to the original as possible.

    Once you found out he was going to be out an extended period of time, then you turn the page and start looking for bigger adjustments.

  29. #70
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,876

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Shameful loss to the Raptors

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nope, they just went into the fetal position, which is something you said good teams don't do. So Kobe Bryant/Dwight Howard lead team can't even live up to your unreasonable expectations.

    Sorry, they don't have a worse record, they have the same exact record. That completely changes the point.

    A team loses their best player, and is trying to get an entirely new bench comfortable with each other? Doesn't take much to figure out that there are going to be some early bumps in the road.
    I agree with this. Unless we are able to make a move that wouldn't affect the primary core and simply move some of the "end of the bench" Players....I don't want to make a move...just to make a move out of sheer panic.

    Losing sucks....but let's not pretend that throwing 4 new Players into the rotation isn't going to make a difference to the Team and that losing a key Player in the Starting Lineup ( which affects the rotation SIGNIFICANTLY in the 1st and 2nd unit ). Now, I hate that Hibbert is doing his best impression of Andres Biedrins and that IMHO PG is not adjusting well to his new role on the Team as the 2nd/3rd scorer on the offensive end.....but these are issues....just like the addition of DJ/Mahinmi/Green and ( to a certain extent ) Lance to the rotation....should HOPEFULLY be resolved over time.
    Last edited by CableKC; 11-14-2012 at 03:18 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  30. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Shameful loss to the Raptors

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nope, they just went into the fetal position, which is something you said good teams don't do. So Kobe Bryant/Dwight Howard lead team can't even live up to your unreasonable expectations.

    Sorry, they don't have a worse record, they have the same exact record. That completely changes the point.

    Once again I'm going to be accused of anti Pacers or whatever, for example the Lakers not only have been playing better teams than the Pacers, they also made some trades in the off season bringing two new starters, one of those new starters is recovering from a back injury and the other one got to only play few games before getting injured and I'm not even talking about the system the clown of Mike Brown was trying to implement.

    Either way at the end of the day I expect a team with Nash,Kobe,Gasol and Howard to go far, I don't think that's unreasonable at all.

    Now lets compare that to the Pacers, the Pacers front office has been telling us that "continuation" should give this team the advantage and they should have been able to hit the ground running even without Danny, but guess what? That's not happening, yes they brought some new people for the bench and so far they have been garbage.

    Again "continuation" is the word of the day, "continuation" is what they keep using in every interview, "continuation" on the system, "continuation" with the same coaches, they said that they didn't make any trades in the starting unit because they wanted yes you guess it, "continuation" in the starting unit, the Pacers only change has been to move Lance to the starting unit that's it.

    I'm sorry but using the Lakers to excuse the Pacers garbage play is ridiculous.

  31. #72
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,824

    Default

    At least we have had the colts to be proud of. Hope they start getting there shots to fall soon.

  32. #73
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,292

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Shameful loss to the Raptors

    Both West and Roy are shooting the worst percentages of their careers. The Pacers have lost 4 games now by a combined 8pts. Maybe, just maybe the loses are coming because the players are playing below their standard, as opposed to this being the standard?

    People just need to chill out for a bit. West missing point blank shot after point black shot is the exception, not the rule.

  33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  34. #74
    Member RWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,337

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Shameful loss to the Raptors

    [QUOTE=Since86;1528786
    Once you found out he was going to be out an extended period of time, then you turn the page and start looking for bigger adjustments.[/QUOTE]

    Maybe a new training staff because someone sure wasn't on top of this one.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  35. #75
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,292

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Shameful loss to the Raptors

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now lets compare that to the Pacers, the Pacers front office has been telling us that "continuation" should give this team the advantage and they should have been able to hit the ground running even without Danny, but guess what? That's not happening, yes they brought some new people for the bench and so far they have been garbage.

    Again "continuation" is the word of the day, "continuation" is what they keep using in every interview, "continuation" on the system, "continuation" with the same coaches, they said that they didn't make any trades in the starting unit because they wanted yes you guess it, "continuation" in the starting unit, the Pacers only change has been to move Lance to the starting unit that's it.
    You think this team is a "continuation?" Having three different starters in for your missing best player. 4 brand spanking new bench players, out of 5.

    The Pacers roster has 14 players on it, and out of that 14 only 4 played significant minutes last year....


    The whole "continuation" angle was WITH Danny. That's the whole point of pointing out that he's not there.

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Odd thoughts about the Mavs loss....
    By Peck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 02-26-2010, 06:51 PM
  2. Odd thoughts about the Chicago loss
    By Peck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-30-2009, 08:03 PM
  3. Odd thoughts about the Magic loss
    By Peck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-03-2008, 10:09 PM
  4. Odd thoughts about the loss to the Bobcats...
    By Peck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-10-2007, 09:30 PM
  5. Odd thoughts about the Chicago loss.....
    By Peck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-12-2006, 08:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •