Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 212

Thread: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

  1. #51
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

    Did Roy Hibbert really cry?

  2. #52
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,355

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Watching Roy sob the whole 4th on the bench was sad. Dude looked disinterested can't believe we put him back in the game. He is crying why the rest of the team is engaged is wrong hope management does something about it. That is unacceptable for any player can't root for someone who talks big tweets big when he plays good and acts like a leader. Leaders don't cry they lead though advert times that's true leadership. Roy act is far worse than his play. Sad thing is Roy was engaged last year even when he sucked. I guess getting paid changes you.
    He was probably reading PD on his phone and all the vitriol we were (justifiably) spewing his way.

  3. #53
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

    If we are trying to be positive in any fashion, our defense is stellar.

  4. #54
    Member TOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,872

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It sucks Vogel isn't even on the hot seat.
    He's losing every game by a couple points and is without the teams best player and team captain.

    It's not his fault the front office gave him the worst bench ever and allowed Granger to wait all offseason to get surgery. I still can't believe they knew about this right after the playoffs and they didn't do the surgery during the offseason. This new front office is brain damaged.

  5. #55
    Member TOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,872

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

    P.s. I miss Bird already.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TOP For This Useful Post:


  7. #56
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,355

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is a dark ****ing period!
    Here's me being legitimately positive: It's been really fun to rip on this team and crack jokes in the game threads. I mean this is the first season where vnzla and I have seen eye to eye...well, ever

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  9. #57
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,531

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

    I can't even get myself excited about this team. I just haven't been sold on it and caught up on Homeland and Boardwalk Empire tonight instead of watching the game. And this is coming from someone who watched that entire wonderful year when we had Kareem Rush. Didn't miss a game that year.

  10. #58
    Biggest Pacer Fan PacersForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    248

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

    Wonder if Vegas have odds for Vogel fired before the All-star break.

  11. #59
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

    The good news is, I think its a lot easier to build an offense, then a stellar defense.

  12. #60
    Member TOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,872

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did Roy Hibbert really cry?
    Probably.

    Would be pathetic if he did given how much money he makes. The Simson's should be the ones crying having to pay for a 7'2 center that shoots 40% and can't even grab 10 boards.

  13. #61

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersForever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wonder if Vegas have odds for Vogel fired before the All-star break.
    I hope so but that would require competence from the FO. I don't see that happening.

  14. #62
    Member LoneGranger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,396

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we are trying to be positive in any fashion, our defense is stellar.
    I'm particularly appreciative of Tyler Hansbrough. He seems to have made some strides on the defensive end. Anyone agree?

  15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:


  16. #63
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,265

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's losing every game by a couple points and is without the teams best player and team captain.

    It's not his fault the front office gave him the worst bench ever and allowed Granger to wait all offseason to get surgery. I still can't believe they knew about this right after the playoffs and they didn't do the surgery during the offseason. This new front office is brain damaged.

    Idc what you say, losing to a team coming off a triple overtime game and missing their best player is just a joke. Yes Roy missed a bunch of layups that proved to be the difference, but this team is obviously not responding to Vogel right now.

    His lack of X's and O's were always offset by his ability to get the team to play harder than everyone else--with that no longer the case, we're screwed.

  17. #64

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    P.s. I miss Bird already.
    This thought has definitely crossed my mind.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  18. #65
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,355

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

    The one thing I don't entirely get is the extreme backlash at Vogel. The offense is as vanilla as it gets, but the roster isn't exactly well put together. Especially since the entire offense is predicated on Roy Hibbert's ability to score in the low post. If that isn't happening, we are in DEEP ****. And it's not.

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  20. #66
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,858
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was probably reading PD on his phone and all the vitriol we were (justifiably) spewing his way.
    That's what I did I mentally checked out at halftime. Hell the big screen at BLF couldn't keep me engaged in that mascar of a game.

  21. #67
    Member sam kaiserblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    95

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

    If Jerry Sloan really wants to coach again, the Pacers should snag him up. Don't be like IU and hold on to Vogel too long.

  22. #68

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

    brian shaw please

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to MrHale For This Useful Post:


  24. #69
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,355

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm particularly appreciative of Tyler Hansbrough. He seems to have made some strides on the defensive end. Anyone agree?
    Possibly. The refs were so appalled by this game that they stopped calling fouls in the fourth quarter. I mean Tyler was mugging people left and right with no call.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  26. #70
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,857

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

    Look guys.

    ... You know what? I had about a 3-4 paragraph post about how we're still going to be a playoff team and things are going to eventually gel, and even if we aren't a #2 seed that does not mean we aren't going to be a force come playoff time. I really believe that.

    But I know that no one is going to listen and it's just going to get flamed, so instead, I deleted that and you get this:


  27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:


  28. #71
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,082

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

    I'm certainly disappointed Lance didn't get in the last few minutes.

    It may not have mattered, but then again, there were several possessions down the stretch where we needed a good entry pass and some sanity around the perimeter. Paul George choked numerous times. It may have made the difference if Lance had the ball on just one of those possessions.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  29. #72
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,355

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sam kaiserblade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Jerry Sloan really wants to coach again, the Pacers should snag him up. Don't be like IU and hold on to Vogel too long.
    Stan Van Gundy wouldn't be bad for this team either. But I really don't think Vogel is on the hot seat or even the main problem right now.

  30. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The one thing I don't entirely get is the extreme backlash at Vogel. The offense is as vanilla as it gets, but the roster isn't exactly well put together. Especially since the entire offense is predicated on Roy Hibbert's ability to score in the low post. If that isn't happening, we are in DEEP ****. And it's not.
    Yeah I don't get the Vogel crapping either, it's not his fault that the Pacers front office gave him a crappy team to begging with.

  31. #74
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Look guys.

    ... You know what? I had about a 3-4 paragraph post about how we're still going to be a playoff team and things are going to eventually gel, and even if we aren't a #2 seed that does not mean we aren't going to be a force come playoff time. I really believe that.

    But I know that no one is going to listen and it's just going to get flamed, so instead, I deleted that and you get this:

    I want the KoolAid you're drinking sir.

  32. #75

    Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Look guys.

    ... You know what? I had about a 3-4 paragraph post about how we're still going to be a playoff team and things are going to eventually gel, and even if we aren't a #2 seed that does not mean we aren't going to be a force come playoff time. I really believe that.

    But I know that no one is going to listen and it's just going to get flamed, so instead, I deleted that and you get this:

    i envy your enthusiasm.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

Similar Threads

  1. Pacers/Raptors postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 04-11-2012, 02:27 PM
  2. Pacers/Raptors postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 137
    Last Post: 01-14-2012, 01:13 PM
  3. Pacers/Raptors postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 156
    Last Post: 12-30-2011, 12:15 PM
  4. Pacers vs. Raptors Postgame
    By jhondog28 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 02-01-2010, 02:39 PM
  5. Postgame pacers vs raptors
    By pianoman in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 01-17-2009, 04:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •