Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

THE SKY IS FALLING!!

GRANGER!! FOR THE WIN.............. IT'S GOOD!!!!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oz_pacer For This Useful Post:

I actually thought the offense looked better today as far as movement, passing, and getting good looks. I'm not saying it was good overall, just better than before. Just couldn't hit the broad side of a barn

Roy desperately needs to develop a pump fake in the post. He has one move right now, the baby hook, and its not falling. Time to try something new. One pump, get your defender in the air, and dunk. Tyler could benefit greatly from this as well.

Tyler has been a very pleasant surprise, he played great D tonight on players both bigger/stronger than him and smaller/quicker. Not a great stat line but that doesn't tell how good he played.

The defense looked very good at times, no thanks to Roy. Roy is letting his offensive funk affect the other aspects, defense and rebounding. THAT is unacceptable.

DJ Augustin has not contributed positively on one single play on either side of the court in his entire time as a Pacer I can't believe we thought he was going to be better, or even comparable to DC. I thought his one major talent was supposed to be his passing, I've seen some really terrible passes from him so far.

Paul George was absolutely terrible. I cringed every time he got the ball in his hands. Not only that but he was getting lit up by DeRozan. Hopefully his defense isn't regressing.

So where do we go from here? Even with Granger back, its very clear this team won't be contending for championships or even the Eastern Conference anytime soon. Back to being middle of the road. Lovely.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pace Maker For This Useful Post:

Here's what I want to know. What happened between the beginning of training camp and the beginning of the regular season? According to everyone we picked up right where we left off. Granger was not really practicing when those comments were being made, so it's not that.

What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All it took was 8 bad games to alienate most of this board, lol.... come on guys. They'll work it out and then all these posts will look silly.
    The play of this team right now is horrible, it is entirely inexplicable, and it is embarrassing. IF they somehow get it together in a few days and start playing well it won't change what happened the first 8 games of the season.

This team could win 70% of their games on out and we'll still look at each other at the end of the season and ask, "wtf happened those first 8 games? that was pathetic."

In other words, what they do in the future doesn't change what they've already done, and what they've already done is play **** poor basketball.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

Why David West wasn't on the floor for the last play????????

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacemaker For This Useful Post:

I'd go along with replacing Vogel if someone like Sloan were available but I think Walsh should be canned first. We had chemistry last year and didn't need to turn over our entire bench for the sake of change. Give me DC, Jones, and Barbosa over DJ, and Green and we win this game along with at least 2 of our other losses. We should have just offered Kaman a 3/24 and called it a day.
    Can we start a please come home Larry movement?

Banned

@HPbasketball: I'll say it. I think the Pacers would be better off with Collison and Kawhi.

I just wanna say this, teams get off to bad starts, it happens. Last year people were saying Boston needed to blow it up before the all-star break. They went on to the EC Finals.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr.ThunderMakeR For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    @HPbasketball: I'll say it. I think the Pacers would be better off with Collison and Kawhi.
    As if using hindsight to its full extent wasn't enough, he ignores the fact that a year in different environments develops players differently.

Kawhi has perhaps the best coach in the league along with Tim Duncan, who would make an excellent coach if he wanted to right now.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

music soothes the soul...

pacers are trying to kill my vibe.
    Last edited by CJ Jones; 11-14-2012 at 03:54 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:

Donnie Walsh had this team on a fast track out of town before he moved on to NY. Now he's back to finish the job.

Seriously, Bird's leaving was one thing (and I will forever believe it was because Simon balked at doing whatever it was Bird thought needed to happen for the next step)... but Donnie Walsh returning just was the icing on the turd as far as I'm concerned.

Everything last season had brought back had a giant wet blanket thrown on it in a hurry. And now that the off season still looks 'blah' and counter-productive at best (a lot like it felt like at the time) I don't have much hope for these problems being quickly addressed as long as Walsh is here. So it's another wet blanket.

And I don't think Herb Simon has the balls or competitive fire to demand changes and answers. Maybe in the business world he's competitive but I think as far as the NBA goes, it's just an expensive hobby and billionaire status symbol.

And yeah... the season could still turn around. But it's hard to believe that can happen without a fire being lit and we're back to TPTB....
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sorry but I can't help not posting anymore. new member here from the Philippines. I actually made a new account since I can't post with my 6month old account before. JO with that max contract at least lived up to his hype until injuries bothered him. I don't see that in Hibbert. He can't even handle the pressure that comes with being the highest paid player. And if he really did cry? Please!!!! Enough sulking already! get your heads up high for ****st's sake!! This team almost always talks about smashmouth basketball. The Fever never talked about or claimed they were but they looked more smashmouth to me.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to piggyKing For This Useful Post:

Usually I'd be all for "let them right the ship, they'll turn it around, it's early" blah blah blah. And a bit of me's still reserved to that because the only thing I can do is send tweets to Kevin Pritchard.

But this team has shown me absolutely nothing to make me think they actually can turn it around. I'm legitimately ready for a firesale. I love Roy to death but we've got to move that contract. I understand why they matched the offer, I supported it. But I was wrong.

This team is bad.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.ThunderMakeR View Post
    I just wanna say this, teams get off to bad starts, it happens. Last year people were saying Boston needed to blow it up before the all-star break. They went on to the EC Finals.
    Yeah, well, we don't have 4 future HOFers to fall back on. I like the optimism, though. I hope the guys can turn it around.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    NBA TV and TNT.
    I thought she was really good. People gave me a hard time.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pogi View Post
    What happened with Big Boy Roy?...He's looking more soft than his rookie year. The next acting job he takes should be Lenny whenever someone decides to do a remake of "Of Mice and Men."

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

How is this all at DW's feet as far as offseason moves? Not saying he wasn't a part, but what about Bird's golden boy Pritchard? Is he not part of the personnel decision brain trust?

When DJ first got in the game he was aggressively pushing the ball upcourt. He hit a kick-out three. I thought maybe he might finally show something of worth. WRONG. He quickly reverted back to his typical early season form, as did almost everyone else.

Only people I was really content with were Tyler and Mahinmi. Neither were big stats, but at least they hustled and scrapped throughout. Rest of the team goes through huge periods where they play with no fire whatsoever. Don't get me wrong, still think Dallas fleeced us in the Ian deal talent - wise, but I appreciated his effort last night. Seems to me his last couple games have been better that previous showings.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

No the sky isn't falling. Losing to pathetic teams and getting blown out by the one good playoff team doesn't bode well. Have the Pacers made any adjustments? Other than some roster switches, no. The Pacers have the same problems they've had since Frank took over. Nothing has changed and teams know that.

For everyone that thinks things will get better, or that things are just rosy...you tell the rest of us when and how.

I'm not panicking right now, but something has to change. For me, all signs point to Vogel simply not being ready to be a head coach yet. He could be really good one day, but he's got to learn the Xs and Os and how to get guys to execute properly.

Even through the first 8 games or so, what has changed? Other than swapping out guys in the starting lineup, nothing has freaking changed! Still can't execute, offense is still nonexistent, can't set proper screens/picks and still can't defend them well.

I'm fine with the players on the roster. The bench still might not be a great improvement, but there is a lot of talent on this roster.

Again, sky isn't falling and I'm not in panic mode. I'm beyond frustration for seeing no improvement since Vogel took over. I'm willing to give Vogel more time, but I don't think this team will make that turn into a contender.

I can only wonder how patient management will be before making some changes. Pacers are supposed to be good and haven't been playing that way. Most of you probably forgot that the Pacers are still trying to win fans back. They aren't going to win fans back with this team playing like ****.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

I don't know what it means (hint: not a damn thing) but I wanted to dump Hansbrough and Lance for basically anything before the season started.

And now they're two of the best 3/4 players on the entire team. I was wrong about what they could contribute. That's great. But I was immensely wrong about how important they'd be. That's awful. In August if you shook the 8 ball and it told you Tyler Hansbrough and Lance Stephenson were the only real glimmers of hope on this team you'd have shot yourself in the head. Lance finally learning how to play controlled NBA basketball and Tyler learning how to harness that 5 hour energy and do extremely positive things with it, especially on the defensive end?! Lance and Tyler have been great. I cannot express how much I appreciate Hansbrough, and I wanted to give him away.

Everybody else? Mahinmi's a decent 3rd big. The midrange J's confident and it's money (way more than West's). Everybody else? Dump em. I mean it.

Blow the damn thing up. This roster's not doing dick except maybe make the playoffs, and what's the point in that? Danny's good, but he's not freaking Lebron. Losing him should not leave us begging for the 8th seed. This team is unobjectively bad.

If it ain't the team it's the coaching staff. One of them needs to change. Quickly.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Everybody else? Dump em. I mean it.
    Unfortunately, Hibbert and Hill are the new Dunleavy and Murphy, albeit with much higher ceilings. Neither of those contracts is tradeable right now.

I think we should start Ian nd give him some more minutes. If Roy isn't going to play right, then bench him nd send him a message. With Danny's injury, it's tough to do the same with PG but he needs to be told to get his head out of his a$$ too. I'm on board with trading either one at this point. We need someone else that can shoot/score aside from Hill nd West.

I kinda wish we could've gotten in on the Hareb deal. If not to get Harden, then at least to pick up K-Mart who had 1yr left on his deal. PG would look good on OKC as a spot up shooter/perimeter defender.

Now that ship has sailed, I truly hope the FO looks hard nd long around the league nd flips some assets bc this team is starting to regress. (Lookin at you Paul, Roy, DJ)

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    Unfortunately, Hibbert and Hill are the new Dunleavy and Murphy, albeit with much higher ceilings. Neither of those contracts is tradeable right now.
    If the Nugs could trade a maxed out NeNe, we can find a way to trade Hibbert. Hill? Why would you want to trade him, he's actually earning his new contract.

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    We undervalued DC there's no doubt about that. Advanced stats backed up the fact that he was every bit as good as Hill, and in the playoffs he was better.
    Many of the posters here overvalued this entire team. A couple of us kept saying they were going to slide back. I thought they were a 5-6 seed going in and I said if there was a major injury and that was overdue, the Pacers would have to scrap like hell to make the playoffs. They played way over their heads last year. They got lucky and drew Orlando minus Howard in the playoffs to win a series. They won a game or two against the Heat until they adjusted to Bosh being out and then blew the Pacers out. I saw people saying were going to beat the Heat for number one in the east this year... That was just silly. They are not as bad as they are showing right now and they will do better but they are seriously undercoached and they don't have any player that is close to being the star one needs in the NBA. I think that is why Bird did not return. Simon is happy just making the playoffs and once in a while winning a round. He is not interested in building a real contending team in Indianapolis. That would take more money than he is willing to spend. They were unlucky last night. Yes, the offense is not good but Hibbert missed four or five of his soft hook shots that just rolled out or off of the rim. Those were good shots. He will make those most of the time and that alone makes up the difference. The Pacers need a lot of work and I hope this will temper the talk about them being a contender.....

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    I think we should start Ian nd give him some more minutes. If Roy isn't going to play right, then bench him nd send him a message. With Danny's injury, it's tough to do the same with PG but he needs to be told to get his head out of his a$$ too. I'm on board with trading either one at this point. We need someone else that can shoot/score aside from Hill nd West.

I kinda wish we could've gotten in on the Hareb deal. If not to get Harden, then at least to pick up K-Mart who had 1yr left on his deal. PG would look good on OKC as a spot up shooter/perimeter defender.

Now that ship has sailed, I truly hope the FO looks hard nd long around the league nd flips some assets bc this team is starting to regress. (Lookin at you Paul, Roy, DJ)
    Where you are sailing is right back into rebuild mode. But poorly managed teams do just that. This team has had one winning season in the recent past, just one. You may not want to admit it but they are still rebuilding. If you start making all of those trades you are proposing, the rebuild over the last four or five years goes right out the window. This is your team. This is what you have. Work with them and keep adding pieces as you can... For those of you who were so happy to see Prichart take over over and Larry Bird leave, well, you got what you wanted, now live with it......