Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Raptors postgame thread

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What the heck is Barbosa doing right now? We need offense bad and right now he would be better than anybody on the Pacers other than Hill and West.
    He's in Boston now.

What the heck is Barbosa doing right now? We need offense bad and right now he would be better than anybody on the Pacers other than Hill and West.
    He wouldn't, and that was my point about Barbosa this summer. We ran a terrible offense where we gave him the ball and asked him to create. He'd have the same problems with us this season if we wasn't in Boston (and it's not his fault).

I'm pretty sure this is the first time in shot clock era that a team has scored 5 pts in the 4th and won.

Filling a nice reserve role in Boston for vet minimum. meanwhile we are paying Gerald Green.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm beginning to think that last year was A COMPLETE ABERRATION!!!! How did we go from being one game up on the eventual champs...to all-the-sudden playing like dookey in a matter of months? I know that it's only the beginning to a long season, but, we're looking HORRIBLE. We've only played two worthy teams and one of them put us in our place within minutes; and the other we lost. The rest of those teams were, IMO, considered garbage; yet, ALL OF THEM has made the games too competitive to my liking. I mean Charlotte frikkin' Bobcats broke their losing streak against us.

What happened to our "supposed" depth? The way this team is set up is that if someone goes into a funk, we have other players to help recover. But EVERYONE seems to be in a funk at the same time!

What happened with Paul working on his handles? He looks like he's about to lose the ball almost every time he dribbles.

What happened with Big Boy Roy? Getting past the first round, actually getting voted by the coaches into the all-star game, and getting a big contract wasn't enough to boost his morale? He's looking more soft than his rookie year. The next acting job he takes should be Lenny whenever someone decides to do a remake of "Of Mice and Men."

I know some people are down about Collison being traded. But face it, he wasn't gonna stay here coming off the bench. What I don't get is picking up DJ, whom looks like garbage on offense and defense.

What happened to our play-calling? Did every team just figured us out at once? We play like a pickup game at the YMCA.....just too many ISO's and hardly anyone understands that it's more successful to pass out of a triple-team to a wide friggin' open player than to shoot over two or more defenders and then wonder why everyone stands around the next couple plays. Plus, is it me, or when I watch the opponents or just any other game in particular, I notice better passing, better spacing, and it seems that everyone knows their roles?

Sorry for ranting, but I'm finding that getting this off my chest is somewhat therapeutic until I go to bed.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pogi For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Lance played 27 minutes. Can someone tell me how he did?

The only SILVER LINING that I can see in any of this is that he is starting to get more minutes. To me, if we are doing poorly...I rather do poorly with Lance getting solid and consistent minutes to see what he can do.

If there was a way to let Miles go out there to get some minutes....I'd be all for that as well.

We're losing games against Teams that were in the FRAKKIN Lottery at home and on the road....we might as well develop Lance and Miles while we are at it.
    Last edited by CableKC; 11-13-2012 at 11:26 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Still not panicking. If half of those in and outs go down as they should have, we win this thing by double digits. If I remember last year right, we had games like this early on where we couldn't buy a basket if our lives depended on it.

Roy and DJ's offensive games will come around soon.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

J7F

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Why couldn't of Andrew Wiggins reclassed to 2012 ughh. Dude is gonnabe a freak on both ends of the floor when he comes into the lg tank for Wiggins is a club I could be apart of. For Zeller meh or Shabaz meh or Noel meh. Tony Mitchell would be super though.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 11-13-2012 at 11:40 PM.

Lol at all the people that said Jermaine was overpaid. If JO was overpaid, what Hibbert is hasnt even been defined yet.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Powww For This Useful Post:

Banned

I don't think we are getting Odd thoughts tonight either

Quote Originally Posted by Powww View Post
    Lol at all the people that said Jermaine was overpaid. If JO was overpaid, what Hibbert is hasnt even been defined yet.
    JO was a beast until injuries caught up to him. Prime JO > prime Roy by a mile. Not sure what TPTB were thinking after Roy's poor showing vs Miami
    David "And One" West

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS...Oh....wait

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Can we just can Vogel and get it over with?

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Also, I'm sick of Roy and his "hands up" thing when he is introduced. He plays like a neutered puppy on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Can we just can Vogel and get it over with?
    Our best player is George Hill. Not taking anything away from George, but even John Wooden wouldn't be able to win with him as your best player
    David "And One" West

Cellar for Zeller is sounding better and better each day
    David "And One" West

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    Our best player is George Hill. Not taking anything away from George, but even John Wooden wouldn't be able to win with him as your best player
    Here's what I know. Our team has scored 100 points...once. ONCE. IN EIGHT GAMES. That is unacceptable in today's NBA. And that is on the coach. We've gotten above 90 two other times. WOOOOOO. You know what teams win when they allow only 5 points in the 4th quarter? Teams who are well coached. You know what teams lose who allow only 5 points in the 4th quarter? Teams who are poorly coached.

Everyone wants to blame effort or whatever, I don't know I can't really do that. Our guys aren't being put in spots to succeed on offense (other than Hibbert who apparently can't even hit layups anymore). Go back and watch the last twenty seconds of the game, I'll be nice, and just call it a coaching equivalent of a dumpster fire.

Our Defense has been fantastic in every game but the Spurs game, well I can accept that the Spurs are a heck of an efficient team. Otherwise, the D is getting it done, offense is just trash, complete trash. We haven't seen a single offensive adjustment from a game planning stand point other than subbing in Young for Green and Lance for Young as starters. Well that is not coaching, that is rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic.

Vogel is a great dude, a great, great dude, but the decision is too easy. The most sought after assistant maybe in the NBA is sitting on our bench, it's not really a hard decision IMO.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 11-14-2012 at 12:24 AM.

Cellar for Zeller is sounding better and better each day

Suck For Luck and Cellar For Zeller. LOL!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Here's what I know. Our team has scored 90 points...once. ONCE. IN EIGHT GAMES. That is unacceptable. And that is on the coach.

Everyone wants to blame effort or whatever, I don't know I can't really do that. Our guys aren't being put in spots to succeed on offense (other than Hibbert who apparently can't even hit layups anymore). Go back and watch the last twenty seconds of the game, I'll be nice, and just call it a coaching equivalent of a dumpster fire.

Our Defense has been fantastic in every game but the Spurs game, well I can accept that the Spurs are a heck of an efficient team. Otherwise, the D is getting it done, offense is just trash, complete trash. We haven't seen a single offensive adjustment from a game planning stand point other than subbing in Young for Green and Lance for Young as starters. Well that is not coaching, that is rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic.
    Honestly, I wouldn't really have a problem if Vogel was fired. But you have to admit that management didn't really do him any favors in the offseason. The trades were borderline robbery, and our draft class is also looking horrible considering Plumlee isn't ready to contribute yet. Just a disastrous off-season
    David "And One" West

Honestly, I wouldn't really have a problem if Vogel was fired. But you have to admit that management didn't really do him any favors in the offseason. The trades were borderline robbery, and our draft class is also looking horrible considering Plumlee isn't ready to contribute yet. Just a disastrous off-season
    I honestly can't make heads or tails of our signings. Mahinmi is playing better D than Lou ever did last season. I know that.

I honestly can't make heads or tails of our signings. Mahinmi is playing better D than Lou ever did last season. I know that.
    True but he's still Meh-hinmi to me. I think we actually under-valued our bench players last year. They brought it.

True but he's still Meh-hinmi to me. I think we actually under-valued our bench players last year. They brought it.
    We undervalued DC there's no doubt about that. Advanced stats backed up the fact that he was every bit as good as Hill, and in the playoffs he was better.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

If all you can hang your hat on is getting a marginally better backup center, than this off-season was an epic fail
    David "And One" West

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

RLeWorm

why did we have to suck this year?!!!! If we get the #1 pick, I will be sad. Next year is when the Pacers would want to suck. We need ANDREW WIGGINS!

RLeWorm

We undervalued DC there's no doubt about that. Advanced stats backed up the fact that he was every bit as good as Hill, and in the playoffs he was better.
    I sure hella did! Mahimi is not even close to DC's level. Remember when everyone on the team was saying how good Augistin was? Yea, DC any day over him. DC come back!

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

All it took was 8 bad games to alienate most of this board, lol.... come on guys. They'll work it out and then all these posts will look silly.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post: