Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's Look on the Brightside!

assuming PG gets back... Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Default Re: Let's Look on the Brightside!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    THE SKY IS NOT FALLING.
    And it's pretty damn far from a bright sun shiny day.

The good news is, it's just basketball. We're free to put that in perspective at any time we want and chill out even when the team is struggling.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Based on the game last night, are you sure about the first two?

And we sure could use SOMEONE who moved without the ball...
    Hey I'm trying to be positive here

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    And it's pretty damn far from a bright sun shiny day.
    Lol.... you're melting down more than the Pacers have so far. It's just basketball, dude, and it's not near as bad as you think it is.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    We've had a pretty brutal schedule to start, we've played more games than anyone, and 5 of 8 have been on the road.

We've been in most of these games and have only lost by a few points except the SA debacle.

We are 4th in the league scoring defense and 2nd in rebounding.

It's fixable.
    Brutal schedule? Washington, Toronto, Sacramento,Bobcats and two good teams is brutal? yeah I don't know about that.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sure, it's been condensed and on the road. Tonight will be our 9th game in 14 days. We've had no time to hit the practice court and work things out. Doesn't matter who the opponents are when you're playing back-to-backs and games 2 days a part.

You never look at the right things, lol....
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Lol.... you're melting down more than the Pacers have so far. It's just basketball, dude, and it's not near as bad as you think it is.
    Nothing's melting down. Other than the ability for rational thought when assessing the Pacers apparently. But it's all good, it's only basketball since they suck.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Nothing's melting down. Other than the ability for rational thought when assessing the Pacers apparently.
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight, proclaiming our last season as luck and recommending we blow the entire team up and go for #1 pick after a 3-5 stretch to start the season is defined as "rational thought".

Maybe "Hindenburg" would be a more appropriate screen name.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 11-14-2012 at 01:10 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight, proclaiming our last season as luck and recommending we blow the entire team up and go for #1 pick after a 3-5 stretch to start the season is defined as "rational thought".
    Right. Unless we're just content with making the playoffs. How many games does it take to admit we're not any good? January? End of the year?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Oh, one of those "ring or bust" guys. I see. Well you have fun with your meltdown.

Sports Logo

Guess we have fundamentally different opinions on the reason for professional sports. To each their own.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I want my team to win a ring. But I don't **** and moan when my team "merely" makes it to the conference semi-finals. I don't state that a 3-5 start to a season is reason to blow the entire team up and tank for the #1 pick.

It's a progression. If I had ring or bust on my mind when watching the Colts and Manning develop into a SB winner, I would've been massively upset for 9 seasons and asked to blow up the team every single year.

We're about 2 years into this era of basketball. I'm not upset if we don't win the title this year. I just like watching basketball, really. I prefer to win, and win a lot, but to sit here and expect a title or bust is just silliness.

So yes, I have a differing opinion.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 11-14-2012 at 01:25 PM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

It's not just the record.

Whatever, this is pointless. Agree to disagree.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Can look at it anyway you want, but you know in the back of your mind that I'm right about this. YOu know it's way too damn early in the season to be writing us off. We've played bad offensively and still have 3 wins, and could've won 4 more. That's playing "badly". And you know we'll work out the kinks offensively eventually.

I know those guys have fight in them, I know they aren't happy about things, they'll communicate and get this ship righted.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

No, I don't "know that in the back of my mind." I don't call to blow the roster up lightly. I thought that last season. I was wrong.

Again, agree to disagree.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

So what makes you think you're right this season, lol...

I'm not tryin' to discount your theory, but teams go through lulls and peaks, you know this. It's the teams peaking around playoff time that are dangerous. I'm not overly distraught about a rough patch to start a season. Now... that said, if this lull continues well past another month or so, I'll start to get worried that perhaps there is a systemic problem that cannot be overcome. If by Dec. 15th, we look exactly as we have so far, then ya, I'll begin to wonder wth happened. But I have no reason, as of right now, to believe that. One of my favorite traits to watch in sports is the ability to adjust. Peyton Manning is the master of adjusting. Those are the teams that find deep post-season success. This team has adjusted in the past; I think they will again.

Every team goes through rough patches, look at Miami against us last year in the playoffs. They got their butt kicked, looked awful for 3 games, their fans were melting down and the media had proclaimed them a bust. But they adjusted.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 11-14-2012 at 01:42 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    Call it blind optimism or hope & faith, but I think this team IS going to figure this thing out. It may take 10 games. Hell, it may take close to 20, but I don't expect the players to perform as poorly as they are now. This rush to judgement on Frank Vogel seems laughable to me considering the staff he had when he pulled this team from the ashes 2 seasons ago. Frank will adjust and bring the ship home!

Bright side to me...
    • The team is playing better on the offensive end every game.
    • Frank and the coaching staff are scrambling for a fit instead of insisting the line-up they put out is right.
    • Lance might be 2nd round gold... Hopefully not the "Fools" variety.
    • Hey, better to be staggering out the gate in a marathon than stumble and never recover... I guess!
    • Danny might even return... You never know, it could just be 3 months!
    I agree with this. I don't like the losses that we are facing ESPECIALLY AGAINST the laundry-list of Lottery Teams that we have face....but I expect that we will SLOWLY see improvement from Lance ( which wouldn't happen if Granger was out ) and I like that the Pacers defense and rebounding has been above average if not in the top 5 for the league.

I hate that our offense sucks.....but I think and pray that continued Team Chemistry and familiarity in the 2nd unit and increased playing time for Lance will pay off some dividends as the season progresses. Add in that Granger should return at some point......and that I hope that Vogel and Hibbert himself figure out a way to get Hibbert out of this rut.....I'm not ready to write this Team off much less call for any changes to the lineup.
    Last edited by CableKC; 11-14-2012 at 02:46 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    The good news is, it's just basketball. We're free to put that in perspective at any time we want and chill out even when the team is struggling.
    That, actually, points out another brightside: This is basketball, not stupid baseball.

Mood

So what makes you think you're right this season, lol...

I'm not tryin' to discount your theory, but teams go through lulls and peaks, you know this. It's the teams peaking around playoff time that are dangerous. I'm not overly distraught about a rough patch to start a season. Now... that said, if this lull continues well past another month or so, I'll start to get worried that perhaps there is a systemic problem that cannot be overcome. If by Dec. 15th, we look exactly as we have so far, then ya, I'll begin to wonder wth happened. But I have no reason, as of right now, to believe that. One of my favorite traits to watch in sports is the ability to adjust. Peyton Manning is the master of adjusting. Those are the teams that find deep post-season success. This team has adjusted in the past; I think they will again.

Every team goes through rough patches, look at Miami against us last year in the playoffs. They got their butt kicked, looked awful for 3 games, their fans were melting down and the media had proclaimed them a bust. But they adjusted.
    I pretty much agree with you...but Miami didn't simply "adjust." They got all-world performances from Wade and Lebron. That's all.

I guess the bright side for some season ticket holders would be getting a nice comp on seats closer to the floor since the team won't be selling too many tickets. For those who already paid big bucks for good seats....sorry there is no bright side.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

We are averaging 4.6 more rebounds than last year, 1.4 more offensive rebounds and 3.2 more defensive rebounds. We average almost 2 blocks more per game, and 5 less fouls.

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    We are averaging 4.6 more rebounds than last year, 1.4 more offensive rebounds and 3.2 more defensive rebounds. We average almost 2 blocks more per game, and 5 less fouls.
    When you are laying a lot of bricks up there, there are more rebounds available..... We also have been playing some of the worst teams in the NBA so those stats should be better..... All in all, a set of absolutely meaningless statistics....

HE HIT! HE HIT! HE HIT! glazedham42's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    Probably because our team FG% is 30% every game.

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    I pretty much agree with you...but Miami didn't simply "adjust." They got all-world performances from Wade and Lebron. That's all.
    That WAS the adjustment..... LBJ went back to being LBJ from Cleveland and carrying that team and getting close to 50 pts per game.....The Pacers do not have players capable of that "adjustment."

Quote Originally Posted by glazedham42 View Post
    Probably because our team FG% is 30% every game.
    That could explain the increase in offensive rebounds, but not the increase in defensive rebounds.