Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default LAL/IND

Jazz get:

Danny Granger 2 years, $27.1M
    Tyler Hansborough 1 year, $3.1M

Pacers get:

Paul Milsap 1 year, $8.6M
    Marvin Williams 2 years, $15.8M

I don't know how much sense this makes for us, but I think it would solve our issues over going to get a new PF. I like a lot of the PFs on the market this off-season, but we don't have the flexibility to go get one anyway if we want to go away from West. I am all for keeping West for a couple more years, but it may not be the optimal move. Milsap is a beast and has the flexibility to play PF or SF. I would think a front court of Milsap, West and Hibbert would be as tough as any in the league. The Jazz take on $6.5M more next year, but they have a ton of cap space. Granger is the best player in the deal, IMO. The Jazz can then focus on resigning Jefferson to go with Kanter and Favors. Hansborough could be a good rotational big for them as well. Adding beef and the Jazz bigs all can spend time at C, so he fits on the court with any of the other three. Williams comes in as a solid wing defender if we want to maintain a bigger lineup. I know Granger is injured, but this trade could happen closer to the deadline where the Jazz could get something substantial for Milsap.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

The evolution continues neosmndrew's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: LAL/IND

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jazz get:

Danny Granger 2 years, $27.1M
    Tyler Hansborough 1 year, $3.1M

Pacers get:

Paul Milsap 1 year, $8.6M
    Marvin Williams 2 years, $15.8M

I don't know how much sense this makes for us, but I think it would solve our issues over going to get a new PF. I like a lot of the PFs on the market this off-season, but we don't have the flexibility to go get one anyway if we want to go away from West. I am all for keeping West for a couple more years, but it may not be the optimal move. Milsap is a beast and has the flexibility to play PF or SF. I would think a front court of Milsap, West and Hibbert would be as tough as any in the league. The Jazz take on $6.5M more next year, but they have a ton of cap space. Granger is the best player in the deal, IMO. The Jazz can then focus on resigning Jefferson to go with Kanter and Favors. Hansborough could be a good rotational big for them as well. Adding beef and the Jazz bigs all can spend time at C, so he fits on the court with any of the other three. Williams comes in as a solid wing defender if we want to maintain a bigger lineup. I know Granger is injured, but this trade could happen closer to the deadline where the Jazz could get something substantial for Milsap.
    You fudged up your title.

No way in hell the jazz are doing this. Millsap is worth the moon to them.

Carmel HS Class of 2011

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah I did screw up the title. I was working on something revolving around Pau Gasol initially and didn't change it.

As for this, what do the Jazz do down the road when Favors, Kanter, Millsap, and Jefferson are all looking to get paid? The Jazz aren't going to pay these four $50M per year combined. Do you believe they will resign both Jefferson and Milsap?
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

The evolution continues neosmndrew's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah I did screw up the title. I was working on something revolving around Pau Gasol initially and didn't change it.

As for this, what do the Jazz do down the road when Favors, Kanter, Millsap, and Jefferson are all looking to get paid? The Jazz aren't going to pay these four $50M per year combined. Do you believe they will resign both Jefferson and Milsap?
    I think replacing Milsap w/ Jefferson would make the trade be more logical. I've always been under the assumption the Milsap is as close to an untouchable as Utah has. It'd take a lot more than granger to pry him from the Jazz.

And to your question, I think they're going to pay Milsap out of all of those. Favors second.

Carmel HS Class of 2011

I wish there was a way we could also get Gordan Hayward in the deal.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

From all the rumors around about Millsap over the last 8 months....He is as good as gone then anyone else in the league. I don't think Granger and Millsap will happen though. I don't see neither team doing that trade. JMO

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."