Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pacers Wizards Post Game Thread

Default Re: Pacers Wizards Post Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Goyle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know things are going bad when I'm thinking to myself "Hey, we're playing pretty well out there!" while we're down to the Wizards. I do think we looked a lot better, Gerald and Ian looked more like they did in preseason.
    The game was misleading that way, it seemed to me. It looked like the Pacers were playing pretty well, but missing shots and the Wiz were making shots. Bank shots, 3 pointers from half court and end of the 24 second clock shots. If the B&G had made a couple of shots, the game would be a blowout.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    I missed Javale McGee's antics though.
    No JaVale McGee, no Nick Young, no Andray Blatche, no fun.

I saw Hicks on Twitter, talking about Lance's full-court pass. Anybody got video of it?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Yeah, I agree. Lance should definitely post up since he is a train.
    Not this year. He's not been working on that at all, it's been shooting and decision-making.

In a couple years, though, I expect to see it.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    The Pacers had stretches last season where they did not play well. It happens. If they beat the Raptors then they are back to .500. If this team is still struggling in a month I will join the chorus of doom and gloom.
    I still don't see where you get the doom and gloom from. Because people vent their frustrations? Don't see why you let it bother you that much. No doom and gloom on my side, but if the Pacers are playing bad, I think it's fair for anyone to call them out on it. This is a team that is supposed to be the 2nd best team in the East and when they aren't playing up to their potential, it is frustrating. Especially when the Heat are that much better now with Ray Allen. Pacers have to play 100 times better than they are if they want to have a shot with the Heat. I think it might be impossible, but the Pacers would get embarrassed if they played the Heat right now. I want them to get to a point where they'll play the best teams competitively. Hopefully these early season struggle will get the team to really focus.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I saw Hicks on Twitter, talking about Lance's full-court pass. Anybody got video of it?
    Uh, I did? What's the handle?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I want to see that too.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Roy needs to try and dunk when he gets close to the rim. Some of the stuff he puts up in there is so soft. He also is catching the ball way too far out. If he can't get deep post position we shouldn't throw him the ball. Or if he gets pushed out, pass the ball out and repost. The guy throwing the entry pass cutting past him every single time is so predictable and almost never gives us a good look.

West had one of those games when nothing was going down, it happens.

Tyler is giving us some good energy and isn't trying to do things he can't do nearly as much.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to skyfire For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Lance is our best 3pt shooter so far this year. Who would have thought that?
    This guy ... vvvv

witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imbtyler For This Useful Post:

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow, Tyler's steal + jam was sick.

http://www.nba.com/video/games/pacer...-ind-recap.nba

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Gerald Green 15 points and 8 rebounds finally looked comfortable.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to diamonddave00 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    the 97/98 team started 2-5. they finished 58-24 and made the Conference Finals.
    I watched that 97/98 team. I knew that 97/98 team. The 97/98 team was a friend of mine. Heisenberg, this team is no 97/98 team.

19. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00 View Post
    Gerald Green 15 points and 8 rebounds finally looked comfortable.
    I saw this as well during the game, he plays better offensively when he's attacking and not shooting large amount of 3s.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    At the start of the season, I expected something like that. But the more I watch them play, the less interesting that sounds. Tyler is doing a really nice job. and Ian is not. I haven't figured out what is is the makes Ian's play suck so much, but he just doesn't seem to be accomplishing anything positive when he plays. He looks like he should, he has size and good quickness, but somehow . . . nothing happens except random fouls.
    Ok, not first big off the bench, but at least let Ian and Roy play together for some minutes to let them get used to eachother. What is Frank going to do when West or Hans are injured or are in foul trouble? Yeah, I know: give his minutes to Pendergraph...

Last night was a good opportunity to try a Hibbert-Mahinmi froncourt. West looked tired and had a cold hand and with Mahinmi and Hibbert me might have gotten some defensive stops.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrike View Post
    Yeah, we're headed to the NBA Finals after this one! The rest of the NBA really has to respect the team after tonight's dominating performance against the class of the league. The Heat must be shaking from fear...

Glad for a win, but if you want a "calm down, it's gonna be alright" game, this is not even close to that. This is a win where a lot went wrong, but we just happened to be playing the worst team in the entire NBA (which is good, because we lost to the 2nd worst team in the entire NBA), so we barely survived.
    sad but so true.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    AJ Price 12 Ast, 12 Pts
    G Hill 5 Ast, 8 Pts

Now every PG played for Pacers comes back to haunting us?
    The Wizards were hitting alot of tough shots and the Pacers missed a lot of open shots so the stats are deceiving.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Glad to see Green finally have a good game. Hope that's the start of something.

Still not sure what the ultimate impact will be, because for every good shooting night and/or night where he goes uncovered for a good dunk or two, there's the questionable defense, handles, decision making. In other words, he can have decent stats, but in crucial situations, he's a turnover or mistake waiting to happen. But, hoping for some incremental progress in the Bball intangibles stuff.

Glad for a win. Liked Tyler's intensity and PG's shooting. Overall, though, not a confidence - inspiring performance. But, it was progress of sorts. So that's better than the previous several.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    Glad to see Green finally have a good game. Hope that's the start of something.

Still not sure what the ultimate impact will be, because for every good shooting night and/or night where he goes uncovered for a good dunk or two, there's the questionable defense, handles, decision making. In other words, he can have decent stats, but in crucial situations, he's a turnover or mistake waiting to happen. But, hoping for some incremental progress in the Bball intangibles stuff.
    I agree with all this.

I was worried Vogel would make the same mistake and keep Green in at the end of the game. He just is too unreliable for that. Vogel left him in a little longer than usual because he was playing so well, so I can understand that. But he finally brought Lance back with 3 minutes left, and the ball was in safe hands and nobody was looking at cheerleaders on key defensive plays.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    Uh, I did? What's the handle?
    My bad X2. First, it wasn't an original tweet of yours, it was a retweet from Peck.

Second, it wasn't full-court. Got it mixed up with a different one.

Quote Originally Posted by El Peckbo
    Only lance has the court vision to make that pass he just made to west. #bornready

Enjoy your time at PD!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

I Believe In Gerald Green repole's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Green's typically a fine on ball defender (especially on smaller guys). Off ball he's going to have his issues, mainly because he gets caught watching the ball far too often. I'd be the first person to tell you that he shouldn't be in for the last defensive possession.

Offensively he'll be fine as long as he isn't expected to create too much off the dribble. Run him off screens, post him up (would really like to see a few post ups called for him every game...), and spot him up from three and you'll end up with some efficient scoring once his jumpshot gets going again. Ask him to do too much and you're going to get a couple dumb turnovers.

A Gerald Green fan who now finds himself rooting for the Suns.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to repole For This Useful Post:

I couldn't watch the game, how did everyone play? who looked good and who looked bad, was D.J. Augustin bad again?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    I couldn't watch the game, how did everyone play? who looked good and who looked bad, was D.J. Augustin bad again?
    Good: Lance, Paul, Tyler, Gerald, Ian (Defining good as "helped the team" as opposed to detracting.
    Bad: Roy, Augustin, David
    Neutral: George Hill

DJ looked bad again. Hit a nice 3, missed another wide open one. Isn't moving the ball particularly well.

Tyler was aggressive, provided a much needed spark and forced the issue, racking up 11ish FTA's. Which, coincidentally, is 2 fewer than Roy has attempted ALL SEASON.

David couldn't buy a bucket. Got decent looks, just couldn't get them to drop.

George Hill was ok, wasn't looking to score early but ran the offense well. Did have a really sweet run of 6/7 straight points. Wasn't anything special, but certainly didn't hurt the team.

Gerald was a nice surprise, starting to look more comfortable on the offensive end. Really shoots a nice jumper coming off screens. Hit a clutch bucket late in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    ... and nobody was looking at cheerleaders on key defensive plays.
    It'd be hilarious if one of the cameras could ever catch that.
    "I'd run through a brick wall for that man."
    - Roy Hibbert on playing for Coach Frank Vogel

Two of the Pacers' recent second-round picks, A.J. Price and Lance Stephenson, started in this game (due to injuries to starters). I don't know what to make of that. Good drafting by the front office, I guess?

Mood

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by repole View Post
    Offensively he'll be fine as long as he isn't expected to create too much off the dribble. Run him off screens, post him up (would really like to see a few post ups called for him every game...), and spot him up from three and you'll end up with some efficient scoring once his jumpshot gets going again. Ask him to do too much and you're going to get a couple dumb turnovers.
    I would love to see Green post up a few times. He works well in the post, because his handles are tuned for it. He can get into the paint, jump straight up, and (as long as he keeps the ball in his hands) dunk it straight down over everyone. It would be interesting to run some post plays for him, as well as Paul. Paul seems to have that post-up fade-away jumper perfected. I saw him hit, like, a dozen in a row during warmups. If he gets comfortable like that in a game, he could go Kobe on somebody. Either one of them could.

It would be nicer if Green and Paul had some of the same plays ran for them, involving off-ball double screens, and a decent backdoor cut. The Wizards were running double screens for Beal to get Lance off his back (which is saying a lot). Paul and Green don't do well with Granger's plays ran for them, because the plays are better for Granger's style of dribble-driving from the perimeter. Paul and Green can do that, but not as patented, and would be better going off screens, making backdoor cuts, and posting up. I'm not saying they can't perform at the perimeter like Granger; just that Granger's offensive skills revolve around that style, and Paul's/Green's offensive skills don't.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to imbtyler For This Useful Post: