Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pacers Wizards Post Game Thread

Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers Wizards Post Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Coach needs to get PG to go inside more instead of settling for jumpers. He's a great FT shooter, so let's get to the line more!
    Both PG and Green should go inside and post up more.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Both PG and Green should go inside and post up more.
    So should Lance.

PG needs to be more aggressive and try to get to the line more.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

AJ should be commended for a very good game. Okafor handled Hibbert. Beal looked good. Very confident. I missed Javale McGee's antics though.

Trevor Ariza is like a weird spectre that floats around from bad team to bad team, semi-transparent, reminding us of what once was, but can never be again.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    Hopefully this game calms down the hair on fire crowd.
    Yeah, we're headed to the NBA Finals after this one! The rest of the NBA really has to respect the team after tonight's dominating performance against the class of the league. The Heat must be shaking from fear...

Glad for a win, but if you want a "calm down, it's gonna be alright" game, this is not even close to that. This is a win where a lot went wrong, but we just happened to be playing the worst team in the entire NBA (which is good, because we lost to the 2nd worst team in the entire NBA), so we barely survived.

As a Lance believer from day 1, I am enjoying how quickly people went from "cut him, he sucks because I don't like him," to "start him please!" He and PG need to get to the charity stripe, though.

Sports Logo

So should Lance.

PG needs to be more aggressive and try to get to the line more.
    Yeah, I agree. Lance should definitely post up since he is a train.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

the 97/98 team started 2-5. they finished 58-24 and made the Conference Finals.

9. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrike View Post
    Yeah, we're headed to the NBA Finals after this one! The rest of the NBA really has to respect the team after tonight's dominating performance against the class of the league. The Heat must be shaking from fear...

Glad for a win, but if you want a "calm down, it's gonna be alright" game, this is not even close to that. This is a win where a lot went wrong, but we just happened to be playing the worst team in the entire NBA (which is good, because we lost to the 2nd worst team in the entire NBA), so we barely survived.

As a Lance believer from day 1, I am enjoying how quickly people went from "cut him, he sucks because I don't like him," to "start him please!" He and PG need to get to the charity stripe, though.

I agree. It's great that the Pacers won, but that should happen anyway. The fact that the Pacers allowed the Wiz to stay in the game from the beginning just shows how poorly they are playing. The effort was so much better tonight, but still have a ways to go. The last couple of games have been baby steps in the right direction.

So you are upset that the Pacers won a close game? Three of their four losses were by three points or less. This team is not as bad as people are portraying it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    the 97/98 team started 2-5. they finished 58-24 and made the Conference Finals.
    Just have to continue to get better with each game. Hopefully the guys are starting to get more comfortable playing with each other and their roles.

Hibbs continues to struggle, but those shots inside will start to fall. West just had an off day, but he's been one of our best players so far.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

And I hope people appreciate that Gerald Green is not mentally soft, unlike Big Money. He was the goat last game, but he came out and played well and made sure he contributed more than just shooting. He may not be the best defender and he certainly effed up last night, but he tries all the time. And that's all I ask of PG (won't ask it of Hibbert...I'm just glad he remembered how to rebound).

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 3rdStrike For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

West, Hill and Hibbert combined for 10-40 and Tyler shot 33% from the FT line and we still won. A lot of things went wrong but you have to be happy for the win even if it is against the winless (as of yet) Wizards missing their two best players.

So you are upset that the Pacers won a close game? Three of their four losses were by three points or less. This team is not as bad as people are portraying it to be.
    Seriously? Pacers are playing terrible. They are taking baby steps in the right direction though.

Dude, the Pacers lost to the Wolves who are missing 4 of their best players. 4! Pacers are only missing Granger.

Wizards are freaking terrible and the Pacers allowed them to stay in it. A good team would have beaten the Pacers tonight. Blown out by the Spurs, a playoff team just shows how bad the Pacers are.

I'm still encouraged by the Pacers play today! Last two games have been their best so far this year. Still not enough to beat good teams though.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Nope, I never said I was upset. In fact I said I was "glad for a win." I'm just being realistic about things, as opposed to covering my eyes and telling myself that things are great right now. There are good things (which I pointed out...Lance, Gerald Green), and there are bad things (Hibbert, the coaching). There are things I expect to get better (the new players, Lance), things I'm growing anxious about (PG's will to score) and things I don't feel I have reason to believe will get much better (Hibbert's offense, Vogel's coaching). The last two are pretty crippling, considering how invested the franchise is in those two individuals.

So I'm not trying to be a downer, but I think it's pretty silly to think this was a statement win or something. I said at the start that this (Wiz) is the worst team I can remember since the Brawl year. And we won tonight against such a team...by 4 points.

A win is a win, but in this case not an inspirational one.

Oh, one more plus. The turnovers have been down the last few games. We're still not getting assists, though (that's more of a play calling issue).

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 3rdStrike For This Useful Post:

Seriously? Pacers are playing terrible. They are taking baby steps in the right direction though.

Dude, the Pacers lost to the Wolves who are missing 4 of their best players. 4! Pacers are only missing Granger.

Wizards are freaking terrible and the Pacers allowed them to stay in it. A good team would have beaten the Pacers tonight. Blown out by the Spurs, a playoff team just shows how bad the Pacers are.

I'm still encouraged by the Pacers play today! Last two games have been their best so far this year. Still not enough to beat good teams though.
    The Timberwolves are 4-1, so they are a good team even without some of their players it would appear. The previous game against the Hawks was a disappointment but Atlanta is also a playoff team and the Pacers played quite well for large stretches. This is the reality. You can whine and be negative but it only makes you look pathetic.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

The Timberwolves are 4-1, so they are a good team even without some of their players it would appear. The previous game against the Hawks was a disappointment but Atlanta is also a playoff team and the Pacers played quite well for large stretches. This is the reality. You can whine and be negative but it only makes you look pathetic.
    Too funny. Whine and look pathetic. Might want to take a look in the mirror.

I'm pointing out that the Pacers are NOT playing well, but they are headed in the right direction. What about that don't you understand. The Wolves have a hollow 4-1 record. The only notable win they have is against the Nets. And the Bulls are up by 5 right now and should win. And I'm not sure how that's being whinny. I'm not going, "waaah, my pacers sucks, boo hoo." That's whiny.

Too funny. Whine and look pathetic. Might want to take a look in the mirror.

I'm pointing out that the Pacers are NOT playing well, but they are headed in the right direction. What about that don't you understand. The Wolves have a hollow 4-1 record. The only notable win they have is against the Nets. And the Bulls are up by 5 right now and should win. And I'm not sure how that's being whinny. I'm not going, "waaah, my pacers sucks, boo hoo." That's whiny.
    The Pacers had stretches last season where they did not play well. It happens. If they beat the Raptors then they are back to .500. If this team is still struggling in a month I will join the chorus of doom and gloom.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:

Don't know about second worst team. The Bobcats just beaten the Mavericks for the first time in franchise history and even though his numbers have gone up, DC stills looks pretty much the same to me. Solid, but not much impact.

I didn't see the rest of the game, but why the hell was Murphy playing in overtime? Don't listen to him, Rick!

Pacers PR department sure showed that scoreboard a lot during the broadcast.... glad they got a win... a loss tonight would have been catastrophic...
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

I think the horrible play as of late probably had a lot to do with attendance... had a lot of people second guessing whether spending the money for a ticket was worth it.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

Banned

A win is a win but barely beating one of the worst teams in the NBA without their two best players is not going to do it, if Tyler doesn't go into "Tyler mode" they lose this game.

Only positives are Paul George, Lance and Tyler, by the way how come the wizards don't play stupid basketball anymore? weird....

LOL, just realized that Frank shortened the rotation to 9 guys. He's using a 3 wing rotation. Actually he's using 4 1/2 guys to play the 3 little slots. If DJ played any less, he's never take off his warmups. I hope Hill is getting lots of sleep, because he's evidently gonna play plenty of minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    LOL, just realized that Frank shortened the rotation to 9 guys.
    At last. I'm already counting days till next year, when he will finally bring in Mahinmi first for West to play with Roy.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

You know things are going bad when I'm thinking to myself "Hey, we're playing pretty well out there!" while we're down to the Wizards. I do think we looked a lot better, Gerald and Ian looked more like they did in preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by MvPlumlee View Post
    At last. I'm already counting days till next year, when he will finally bring in Mahinmi first for West to play with Roy.
    At the start of the season, I expected something like that. But the more I watch them play, the less interesting that sounds. Tyler is doing a really nice job. and Ian is not. I haven't figured out what is is the makes Ian's play suck so much, but he just doesn't seem to be accomplishing anything positive when he plays. He looks like he should, he has size and good quickness, but somehow . . . nothing happens except random fouls.

On a personal note, I want to see more of a Tyler, Ian, Lance and Gerald pairing. Not because they play good basketball, but rather they are fun to watch on defense. They are all frenetic, herky-jerky athletes. Watching them playing at the same time has a certain comedic value all its own. Too bad AJ isn't still a Pacer, he would make the group complete.