Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Kevin McHale to take a leave of absence from the Rockets(Kelvin Sampson Interim coach)

  1. #1

    Default Kevin McHale to take a leave of absence from the Rockets(Kelvin Sampson Interim coach)

    I didn't even know Kelvin was with the Rockets I thought he was with the Bucks

    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...-from-rockets/

    Kevin McHale to take immediate leave of absence from Rockets

    Kevin McHale will be taking a leave of absence from the team effective immediately, according to a team release.

    The absence is family-related, which always makes these types of situations that much more sensitive.

    From the official release:


    Houston Rockets Head Coach Kevin McHale will be taking an immediate leave of absence from the team to attend to a personal family matter. Assistant Coach Kelvin Sampson will handle head coaching duties during McHale’s time away. No return date has been set for McHale at this time.

    “Kevin is a devoted family man who is needed back home in Minnesota at the moment,” said Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey. “The Rockets organization will keep Kevin and his family in our thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.”

    The Rockets have been a lot more interesting to watch in the early stages of the season, thanks mainly to the trade that brought James Harden to town to play alongside offseason acquisition Jeremy Lin in the team’s backcourt. Houston currently sits at 2-3 in the Southwest Division standings.

    We join the Rockets organization in sending nothing but positive wishes out to McHale and his family.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Kevin McHale to take a leave of absence from the Rockets(Kelvin Sampson Interim coach)

    I officially hate the rockets now.

  3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,227

    Default Re: Kevin McHale to take a leave of absence from the Rockets(Kelvin Sampson Interim coach)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I officially hate the rockets now.
    True, but first, my prayers go to McHale's family.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin McHale to take a leave of absence from the Rockets(Kelvin Sampson Interim coach)

    All good thoughts for McHale. **** you, Kelvin Sampson.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  8. #5

    Default Re: Kevin McHale to take a leave of absence from the Rockets(Kelvin Sampson Interim coach)

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All good thoughts for McHale. **** you, Kelvin Sampson.
    AMEN to that!

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to clownskull For This Useful Post:


  10. #6
    Member DangerGranger3pointranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    305
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin McHale to take a leave of absence from the Rockets(Kelvin Sampson Interim coach)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    True, but first, my prayers go to McHale's family.
    Yeah, best wishes to the McHale's
    Everybody ride the Scola train! WHOO WHOO

  11. #7
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,176

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin McHale to take a leave of absence from the Rockets(Kelvin Sampson Interim coach)

    While I don't want to see this happen to the McHale family, there is an part of me that hopes CellPhone is still the interim head coach when Houston is here on Jan 18.....
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  13. #8
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,205

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin McHale to take a leave of absence from the Rockets(Kelvin Sampson Interim coach)

    May i ask why you hate him?

  14. #9
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,030

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin McHale to take a leave of absence from the Rockets(Kelvin Sampson Interim coach)

    Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    May i ask why you hate him?
    He coached at IU and brought them major NCAA sanctions.

    Because he made too many cell phone calls to recruits.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  16. #10
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    May i ask why you hate him?
    He destroyed the Indiana basketball program. It's finally back to prominence now but it took a while.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  18. #11

    Default Re: Kevin McHale to take a leave of absence from the Rockets(Kelvin Sampson Interim coach)

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He coached at IU and brought them major NCAA sanctions.

    Because he made too many cell phone calls to recruits.

    If he just sprang for unlimited minutes this wouldn't have been and issue

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:


  20. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin McHale to take a leave of absence from the Rockets(Kelvin Sampson Interim coach)

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He destroyed the Indiana basketball program. It's finally back to prominence now but it took a while.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    He didn't destroy the Indiana basketball program. Miles Brand did that.....

  21. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin McHale to take a leave of absence from the Rockets(Kelvin Sampson Interim coach)

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He coached at IU and brought them major NCAA sanctions.

    Because he made too many cell phone calls to recruits.
    And none of his players bothered to attend classes either.....

  22. #14
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,921

    Default Re: Kevin McHale to take a leave of absence from the Rockets(Kelvin Sampson Interim coach)

    So, what is the family/personal reason for McHale's absence?
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  23. #15
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,165

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin McHale to take a leave of absence from the Rockets(Kelvin Sampson Interim coach)

    Did Sampson break this news to the media via call or text?

  24. #16
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,026
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin McHale to take a leave of absence from the Rockets(Kelvin Sampson Interim coach)

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And none of his players bothered to attend classes either.....
    Yes HIS players. He and the AD decimated the basketball program, and IU fans should:


  25. #17

    Default Re: Kevin McHale to take a leave of absence from the Rockets(Kelvin Sampson Interim coach)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, what is the family/personal reason for McHale's absence?
    His daughter is ill with what nobody knows

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:


  27. #18
    Member TinManJoshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,316

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin McHale to take a leave of absence from the Rockets(Kelvin Sampson Interim coach)

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did Sampson break this news to the media via call or text?
    Don't look at me, I just held the cell phone.

    Edit: this joke hits close to home with me, as Rob Senderoff is currently the head coach at Kent St. In case anyone was curious where that weasel landed.
    Last edited by TinManJoshua; 11-12-2012 at 10:32 AM.

  28. #19

    Default Re: Kevin McHale to take a leave of absence from the Rockets(Kelvin Sampson Interim coach)

    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kevin-m...4675--nba.html

    Kevin McHale's daughter dies at 22

    .

    .



    .
    .
    .


    HOUSTON (AP) -- The daughter of Houston Rockets coach Kevin McHale has died at 22.

    The death of Alexandra ''Sasha'' McHale was announced by the team Sunday. No other details were released.
    Kevin McHale has been on leave since Nov. 10 to deal with what the team called a personal family matter.

    Team owner Leslie Alexander said in a statement that he extends his ''deepest condolences'' over the loss of the McHales' ''beautiful daughter.'' He called Kevin and wife Lynn ''loving and dedicated parents who will need our continued support throughout this very difficult time.'' He said the ''entire organization is mourning.''

    Kelvin Sampson has been the interim coach. There is no timetable for Kevin McHale's return.

  29. #20
    PROUD 2 B A PACERS FAN! xtacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    TURKEY
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,729

    Default Re: Kevin McHale to take a leave of absence from the Rockets(Kelvin Sampson Interim coach)

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    a person so young dying. sad beyond belief. my condolences to him and his family.

  30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xtacy For This Useful Post:


  31. #21
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,205

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kevin McHale to take a leave of absence from the Rockets(Kelvin Sampson Interim coach)

    Can't even begin to realize how much painful is for a father to lose his child.Really hope they find strength to cope with that pain.My condolences to the whole family.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. McHale takes leave of absence from Rockets (Yahoo! Sports) [Y! Sports]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2012, 05:00 PM
  2. Rockets coach McHale takes leave of absence [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2012, 04:20 PM
  3. Kevin McHale agrees to coach Rockets
    By Constellations in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-01-2011, 12:34 AM
  4. Rockets find new coach in Kevin McHale
    By Ownagedood in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-27-2011, 08:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •