View Poll Results: Yes or no?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    6 13.95%
  • No

    37 86.05%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 48 of 48

Thread: Should we?

  1. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Should we?

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We should have never drafted the guy! He is a team cancer and never healthy.
    Nobody is saying the bs that you are saying.

  2. #27
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Should we?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Danny ... was not even that good last year to begging with.
    You crack me up.

    If he's no big loss, then why are we missing him so much?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  4. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Should we?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You crack me up.

    If he's no big loss, then why are we missing him so much?
    You love to twist my words, I said that "he was not that good last year to begging with" not that the he is not a good player or that the Pacers are not missing him, either way anybody can do a better job than Green, Young or whoever of the scrubs they got.

    The Pacers are not only missing Granger, the Pacers are missing DC, Barbosa,DJ and Lou, yes Lou, they are also missing Roy Hibbert.

  5. #29
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind.
    Posts
    3,550
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should we?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nobody is saying the bs that you are saying.
    Including LoneGranger33.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:


  7. #30
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,517

    Default Re: Should we?

    Granger has no trade value? If anything it should be inflated at this point. His contract is far enough along that if anyone were to trade for him, it wouldn't screw them long term, and as far as the rest of the NBA is concerned apparently Indiana BLOWS without him, yet they're good enough to take a 2-1 lead on Miami with him. So no his trade value is not zero. that is absurd.

    Also, some of you simply do not understand that some teams are looking for different things. For instance, if you don't think Danny is worth one of Utah's expiring big man contracts, especially when they have a log jam at those positions, you are high. They'd take it in a heartbeat. Utah is not keeping all of their bigs. They have young bigs they want on the court and it doesn't make sense for them to resign everyone.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

    Read it and weep:

    When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

  8. #31

    Default Re: Should we?

    Quote Originally Posted by PUNKJER0916 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    think Danny deserves to win now ............
    Then tell him to get healthy and get his butt out on the court and win ballgames.

    I get so tired of hearing 'blah-blah is towards the end of his career and he should be traded to a contender so he can win'. Nobody DESERVES to win.

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:


  10. #32
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,579
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should we?

    Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Granger has no trade value? If anything it should be inflated at this point. His contract is far enough along that if anyone were to trade for him, it wouldn't screw them long term, and as far as the rest of the NBA is concerned apparently Indiana BLOWS without him, yet they're good enough to take a 2-1 lead on Miami with him. So no his trade value is not zero. that is absurd.

    Also, some of you simply do not understand that some teams are looking for different things. For instance, if you don't think Danny is worth one of Utah's expiring big man contracts, especially when they have a log jam at those positions, you are high. They'd take it in a heartbeat. Utah is not keeping all of their bigs. They have young bigs they want on the court and it doesn't make sense for them to resign everyone.
    The reason he doesn't have trade value right now is that no one will give up the pieces the Pacers would need in return for a guy that can't play.

    It has absolutely nothing to do with his abilities, and everything to do with his availability.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:


  12. #33

    Default Re: Should we?

    It is either that or trade Paul George. They are both SFs and I doubt the Pacers organisation will invest big money in both of them at the same time.
    The longer they wait, the lesser the return will be, so if they can get a very good player for Granger, I don't see why not.

  13. #34
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should we?

    It doesn't matter if the consensus wants to trade him or not, because he has zero trade value. No one really knows the severity of this injury until he comes back this year, if it all.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:


  15. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should we?

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IMHO....I think that if you add Granger back into the Starting lineup...that we are in the same place that we were in the Playoffs last season.

    This doesn't mean that I am advocating trading Granger or West ( unless the right deal comes along ), it means that this Teams problems may start with Danny ( cuz having him out of the lineup forces Vogel to "mix and match" the lineups...which isn't good )...but it does not end with Danny ( cuz it's painfully obvious that our bench isn't as good as we think it is ).

    We will have a strong Starting lineup that can compete against any other Starting 5 in the Playoffs...but we still lack the necessary depth beyond the Starting 5 to make a deep run. At least for now.....the 2nd unit that is still flawed where Vogel will be forced to play the Starting 5 38 mpg while praying that DJ, Hansbrough, Lance and Mahinmi don't mess it all up when they are subbed in.

    I am simply praying that Vogel looks beyond the next 3 months and figures out who the primary Players that will be used beyond the Starting 5 in the Playoffs and start building Chemistry among that 2nd unit so that they are ready to contribute once the Playoff hunt begins when Danny returns.

    That means that Lance has to start playing WAY MORE CONSISTENT minutes than he is getting now...that means that DJ, Hansbrough and Mahinmi have to start getting more burn while playing with each other so that they are up to speed by the time the Playoff hunt starts.

    Danny will return this season.....the key is to get the 2nd unit ready for the Playoffs so that they don't look like the way they look now.
    I don't agree with this. Perhaps toward the end of the season some of the new folks on the bench will produce but it isn't happening now and that means the Pacers are not quite as good as last year even with Danny back. This could change by playoff time.....

  16. #36
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,063

    Default Re: Should we?

    How much precedent is there for teams trading for a player with a serious knee injury?
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  17. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Should we?

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How much precedent is there for teams trading for a player with a serious knee injury?
    No with players that are injured, remember that they need to pass the physical when the trade is made, now if you talk about trading players with bad contracts that "recovered" from a knee injury you have Gilbert Arenas, he was traded for another crappy contract but still, Bynum for Iguadola? Ford+Hibbert+Rasho for JO? again those guys were at least moving when they were traded.

    The Pacers only chance to trade him would be for a team that has a bad long term contract and is probably enticing for them to have Danny's two years left instead.

    Edit: Here is the type of trade Pacers could probably do, maybe the other team is crazy enough to remove that bad contract:

    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ax8wget
    Last edited by vnzla81; 11-13-2012 at 11:28 AM.

  18. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,940

    Default Re: Should we?

    Can we at least wait until Granger is back and playing before we declare his career as a star over?

  19. #39
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,579
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should we?

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How much precedent is there for teams trading for a player with a serious knee injury?
    I'm no historian, but Bynum recently (That's sure paying off)

    Didn't Bogut have knee problems that forced him to sit all of last season? He was traded while injured.

    Not really sure about many others, although it would be very interesting.

    I suppose he'd have value to a team thinking they could get him cheap and have a nice veteran presence waiting in the wings for the playoffs/next season (Like Dallas, or OKC), but even that is a bit far-fetched.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:


  21. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should we?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can we at least wait until Granger is back and playing before we declare his career as a star over?
    Granger is not and has never been a "star". He is a very good player and he has been the Pacers' best player for a long time but, alas, not a star..... He should have been traded during the rebuild two or three years ago when he still had some value. He no longer has that value.....

  22. #41
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,579
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should we?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No with players that are injured, remember that they need to pass the physical when the trade is made, now if you talk about trading players with bad contracts that "recovered" from a knee injury you have Gilbert Arenas, he was traded for another crappy contract but still, Bynum for Iguadola? Ford+Hibbert+Rasho for JO? again those guys were at least moving when they were traded.

    The Pacers only chance to trade him would be for a team that has a bad long term contract and is probably enticing for them to have Danny's two years left instead.

    Edit: Here is the type of trade Pacers could probably do, maybe the other team is crazy enough to remove that bad contract:

    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ax8wget
    I know you're just giving an example, so not trying to go "after you" or anything.

    But what a bad trade for Indiana. Gooden sucks, Monta has shown he's a "good player on a bad team" kinda guy.

  23. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Should we?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can we at least wait until Granger is back and playing before we declare his career as a star over?
    Not wanting to be an smart a** or anything but Danny's career "as a star" has been over for a while.

  24. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Should we?

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know you're just giving an example, so not trying to go "after you" or anything.

    But what a bad trade for Indiana. Gooden sucks, Monta has shown he's a "good player on a bad team" kinda guy.
    Well my point is that no team is going to trade for Danny without adding a bad contract in return, I just don't see it happening, in my example Monta is an expiring contract freeing up 11mil next year for the Pacers, he could also help the Pacers for their playoffs aspirations this year, the only bad thing is having Gooden's bad contract.

  25. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should we?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not wanting to be an smart a** or anything but Danny's career "as a star" has been over for a while.
    You have to be a star before your career as a "star" can be over but I agree with what you say. Granger has been in steady decline....

  26. #45
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,579
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should we?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well my point is that no team is going to trade for Danny without adding a bad contract in return, I just don't see it happening, in my example Monta is an expiring contract freeing up 11mil next year for the Pacers, he could also help the Pacers for their playoffs aspirations this year, the only bad thing is having Gooden's bad contract.
    Yeah, I gotcha. Makes sense.

    And, ultimately, that definitely makes your point. The Pacers won't be able to get back what Danny is worth to them, at least not until the offseason.


    And count me in the group that thinks he'll come back just as good, if not better, than ever. The rest will do wonders, as long as he stays in shape. And he looked so good shooting the ball in his only appearance, he seemed to be back to the "old Danny" that was automatic from midrange, unlike last seasons Danny that struggled for 1/2 the season and the playoffs.

    If this team can stay above water until he returns, they could be a major problem in the playoffs.
    Last edited by Derek2k3; 11-13-2012 at 11:53 AM.

  27. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Should we?

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm no historian, but Bynum recently (That's sure paying off)

    Didn't Bogut have knee problems that forced him to sit all of last season? He was traded while injured.

    Not really sure about many others, although it would be very interesting.

    I suppose he'd have value to a team thinking they could get him cheap and have a nice veteran presence waiting in the wings for the playoffs/next season (Like Dallas, or OKC), but even that is a bit far-fetched.
    Remember that Bynum is expiring so Philly has the choice to let him walk and free up cap space and I'm not sure about Bogut injury I think he is still having issues from that horrible injury he had two years ago.

  28. #47
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,579
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should we?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Remember that Bynum is expiring so Philly has the choice to let him walk and free up cap space and I'm not sure about Bogut injury I think he is still having issues from that horrible injury he had two years ago.
    I think you're right, but Bogut didn't play after the trade last year. No way he passed a physical, so there must be some exceptions for injured players. Maybe the receiving team needs to acknowledge they were aware of the injury?

    As far as Bynum is concerned, that would be a disaster for Philly, letting him walk. Giving up Iggy and Brand for nothing? I know they wanted Brands contract gone, but still, that would sting.

  29. #48
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,808

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should we?

    An article regarding the difference between tendinitis and tendinosis: http://www.doctorschierling.com/tendinosis.html

    As a note, I stand corrected. Thanks to boombaby1987.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •