43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 13.95%
  • No

37 86.05%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should we?

Question Should we?

Should we trade Granger and switch PG to Small Forward? At this point, I think Danny deserves to win now and let's face it, we aren't there yet. I don't see us contending this year with or without Granger because the league around us got better over the off-season. I'm by no means saying we should tank this early in the season, by the way. I just think we should adjust the team by trading Granger for a talented PF (Paul Millsap or Al Jefferson for Granger would be nice) and finally getting Paul George to his natural position.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Should we?

LOL at the idea of the Jazz giving us Paul Millsap or Al Jefferson for Granger.

By the way, welcome to Pacers Digest. Didn't intend to be mean. It is just very unrealistic in the current situation.

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

Banned

Danny's value is cero nobody is trading for him.

Mood

1-Granger has no trade value right now. Maybe next year when he's expiring, but ultimately no teams will give up anything of value for a guy that hasn't played in 5+ months, and probably won't for at least 7 months total.

2-Danny is hurt, DJ and Hibbert are slumping...and this is still the same team that took Miami to 6 games. It's a bit premature to make statements about this teams ability to contend. I'd be shocked to see anything other than Danny re-signed, along with David, this offseason.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If you erase Granger's name, and add in West's name, you may have a legit poll that people can argue and discuss.

Yeah DG has zero trade value right now. I could see us re-signing him to a decent 10mil per type of contract, but nothing more.

IDK bout D.West however. We will see how the rest of the season shakes out. If we're 7-10 games below .500 by the trade deadline, I wouldn't be surprised if we traded West.

I agree with others that Danny could be traded in the offseason or next season as an expiring.

I'd love to see the pacers sign Josh Smith and then trade Granger for young assets+vet expiring if possible.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Have you people lost your damn minds? Sorry I'm not normally this strong with my wording but am I the only person who see's that Danny Granger is down and our team has all but fallen apart. We have to be happy that we snuck out a victory vs. a winless team and pretend like this was somehow a breakout game?

If I'm making a move this year or this off season Danny Granger is not the person I'm moving unless I get a proven younger star player in return.

You put Danny back in this same lineup and we go from fretting about whether or not we are even going to make the playoffs to winning the Central & being a top 3 team in the East.

NEVER EVER has a player of his talent and ability been as undervalued as Danny Granger.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

10. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

The player to trade is David West, if we are going to trade anyone. Good contract, inflated value.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have you people lost your damn minds? Sorry I'm not normally this strong with my wording but am I the only person who see's that Danny Granger is down and our team has all but fallen apart. We have to be happy that we snuck out a victory vs. a winless team and pretend like this was somehow a breakout game?

If I'm making a move this year or this off season Danny Granger is not the person I'm moving unless I get a proven younger star player in return.

You put Danny back in this same lineup and we go from fretting about whether or not we are even going to make the playoffs to winning the Central & being a top 3 team in the East.

NEVER EVER has a player of his talent and ability been as undervalued as Danny Granger.
    Good luck in trading Danny for a young star player, hell good luck in trading him for an expirer.

By the way it looks like you and Able got your wish, Danny Granger is not going anywhere.... At least until he expires.

david west would probably be traded before granger. then you could slide granger to the 4 which is something i think tbird suggested.

I know Granger is a good player, but I've wanted him traded for younger talent for some time. I wouldn't give him away of course. I would also want to trade West who is getting old. Yes, they are probably our two most effective offensive players and valuable. Don't give them away, but get younger and add more pieces who are in their mid twenties. JMHO.

Mood

Panic has definitely set in on this board.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhoLovesYaBaby? For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    I know Granger WASa good player, but I've wanted him traded for younger talent for some time. I wouldn't give him away of course. I would also want to trade West who is getting old. Yes, they are probably our two most effective offensive players and valuable. Don't give them away, but get younger and add more pieces who are in their mid twenties. JMHO.
    Danny WAS a good player, remember that we don't know how good he is going to be or how long he is going to be able to play with the knee injury.

He was not even that good last year to begging with.

I voted yes because I feel we're hindering Paul's development playing him at the 2 alongside Danny (i know... i'm crazy), and I don't have a lot of faith in this collection of players beating Miami or any of the other real contenders so I don't mind taking a step back in the standings for a while depending on who we replace Danny with. I agree with the others though, it won't happen until at least next year.

Your post makes no sense. Trade him to a "winner" and you're saying to trade him to the Jazz?

We're a much better team than they are too.

Additionally, you're pretty much implying we aren't a good team and couldn't contend because other teams got better?

Some of these posts are just silly when the season isn't even two weeks in and we're 3-4.
    Last edited by Trophy; 11-12-2012 at 04:54 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Danny WAS a good player, remember that we don't know how good he is going to be or how long he is going to be able to play with the knee injury.

He was not even that good last year to begging with.
    That's ridiculous. I'm sorry, but your wrong:

1. Danny Granger is proving you wrong by his absence from the Pacers.
    2. Darren Collison is proving you wrong by his presence for the Mavericks.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to 1984 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

In addition, tendinitis is common. It has plagued many, including Ray Allen. It did not slow down Ray Allen.

We should trade Granger for Calderon (who expires this year) and let West expire.

Then make a move for Al Jefferson or Milsap - who are both FAs this coming summer
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

About 4-5 years too late with this question.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    I think is 2/3 years too late.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    I voted yes because I feel we're hindering Paul's development playing him at the 2 alongside Danny (i know... i'm crazy), and I don't have a lot of faith in this collection of players beating Miami or any of the other real contenders so I don't mind taking a step back in the standings for a while depending on who we replace Danny with. I agree with the others though, it won't happen until at least next year.
    The only hindrance on Paul's development is Paul. Everything else is just excuse-making.

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post

IMHO....I think that if you add Granger back into the Starting lineup...that we are in the same place that we were in the Playoffs last season.

This doesn't mean that I am advocating trading Granger or West ( unless the right deal comes along ), it means that this Teams problems may start with Danny ( cuz having him out of the lineup forces Vogel to "mix and match" the lineups...which isn't good )...but it does not end with Danny ( cuz it's painfully obvious that our bench isn't as good as we think it is ).

We will have a strong Starting lineup that can compete against any other Starting 5 in the Playoffs...but we still lack the necessary depth beyond the Starting 5 to make a deep run. At least for now.....the 2nd unit that is still flawed where Vogel will be forced to play the Starting 5 38 mpg while praying that DJ, Hansbrough, Lance and Mahinmi don't mess it all up when they are subbed in.

I am simply praying that Vogel looks beyond the next 3 months and figures out who the primary Players that will be used beyond the Starting 5 in the Playoffs and start building Chemistry among that 2nd unit so that they are ready to contribute once the Playoff hunt begins when Danny returns.

That means that Lance has to start playing WAY MORE CONSISTENT minutes than he is getting now...that means that DJ, Hansbrough and Mahinmi have to start getting more burn while playing with each other so that they are up to speed by the time the Playoff hunt starts.

Danny will return this season.....the key is to get the 2nd unit ready for the Playoffs so that they don't look like the way they look now.
    Last edited by CableKC; 11-12-2012 at 05:51 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by TinManJoshua View Post
    The only hindrance on Paul's development is Paul. Everything else is just excuse-making.
    I understand that I'll have to agree to disagree with most people on this topic, but I stand by opinion that playing him out of position and being the 5th option on a contending team has slowed his development. He's not blameless, though.

Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    In addition, tendinitis is common. It has plagued many, including Ray Allen. It did not slow down Ray Allen.
    It's not tendinitis. Its tendinosis. HUGE difference.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I think is 2/3 years too late.
    We should have never drafted the guy! He is a team cancer and never healthy.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post: