Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 178

Thread: Pacers/Minny postgame thread.

  1. #76
    PD Magician Magic P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,906

    Default Re: Pacers/Minny postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wells ‏@MikeWellsNBA
    Vogel said it was because Young hadn't played in 20 minutes. Huh? Didn't know u had to be warm to play defense.
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
    Then why did he bring in DJ on the pacers final possession when he was on the bench almost as long as Young.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Magic P For This Useful Post:


  3. #77
    On the Vogel Wagon gummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,920
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Minny postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am not saying Roy played well, I am just saying that despite West putting up a lot of stats his defense was one of the biggest reasons the Wolves were able to keep the lead. I am also saying over the course of this season Hibbert has been more positive than negative, just like George, but because neither is performing up to expectations on the offensive end everyone is ready to throw them under the bus. While West has an absolutely terrible game on the defensive end, people are ready to say he is part of the reason we kept it close.

    It is mind boggling how people just completely ignore the defensive side of the ball.
    Eleazar. I often agree with you. I disagree this time, and it is not because I am ignoring defense. In fact, I tend to prioritize D, which is why I liked Rush to the very end.

    West has been his usual defensive self - not good. I actually think he's been slightly better than he was last year. He hasn't been good. I don't think he's been absolutely terrible though. I wonder if you're not seeing some of the times when rotation is supposed to happen and it doesn't.

    But Roy is not as good on D as he was last year either. How many times does an opposing player go in for a little floater right in front of Roy and he doesn't even get a hand up? I'm not at all sure that Roy has played such great D that it offsets his atrocious offense. I want to defend the big guy. I like Roy a lot. But he hasn't been more positive than negative. I just don't see it.

    PG, on the other hand. I hate how he is shrinking from a bigger role on offense. But his defense is still pretty good. If you swapped Hibbert out and inserting PG into your arguments I might agree.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

    Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:


  5. #78
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,987

    Default Re: Pacers/Minny postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, so if this is the case, why even be a fan o the Pacers?
    Well, the return of Donnie Walsh did kill a lot of my enthusiasm for this season. It was one thing to believe Bird left because his wings were clipped... but then to have Donnie Do Nothing Walsh return? Blah...

    And I just checked the Pacers score this evening. I watched the Hoosiers' season opener instead.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  7. #79

    Default Re: Pacers/Minny postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy and PG are most definitely under performing. Especially Roy. PG at least had a couple of decent games on D and on the boards. So who else is left? We've got a D League guy in our starting five. I guess you can say he's performing about how you'd expect. lol.

    The only guys not under performing are Hill, West, Lance and maybe Tyler.

    Everyone else has been hot garbage for long, long stretches.
    I think Tyler is playing pretty good defense this year. But, he needs to shoot 500 jump shots a day around the free throw circle until he can punish folks for giving him that shot. Get that PnPop shot and he will become a force again. Otherwise, move him to the 3 to defend only until Danny comes back.And if we keep the same rotations, please start Lance instead of Green.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cousy47 For This Useful Post:


  9. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Minny postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am not saying Roy played well, I am just saying that despite West putting up a lot of stats his defense was one of the biggest reasons the Wolves were able to keep the lead. I am also saying over the course of this season Hibbert has been more positive than negative, just like George, but because neither is performing up to expectations on the offensive end everyone is ready to throw them under the bus. While West has an absolutely terrible game on the defensive end, people are ready to say he is part of the reason we kept it close.

    It is mind boggling how people just completely ignore the defensive side of the ball.
    I 100% agree with this, like I said before West was scoring as much as he was letting his guys score on him, there is a reason why the Pacers were not able to get over the hump in the 4th quarter, I actually though Minny's coach was crazy for letting that skinny guy guard him but at the same time the skinny guy was scoring on the other side.

  10. #81
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,987

    Default Re: Pacers/Minny postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because BBall is a bigger fan than Simon.
    I'm interested in the season... but I'm not emotionally invested in the season.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  12. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Minny postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bullcrap. Lance was warm.




  13. #83
    On the Vogel Wagon gummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,920
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Minny postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by granger4mvp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As much as I like Vogel maybe he needs to be let go and let shaw take over especially with all this laker crap going on
    How do we really know he'd be better? I mean, he's not just an assistant. He's our "associate head coach." He's supposed to be heavily involved here. I think he has to take some of the heat right alongside Vogel.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

    Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:


  15. #84

    Default Re: Pacers/Minny postgame thread.

    Its going to be hard to get over how bad simon/pritchard/walsh destoryed this team... we literally gave collison away for nothing...
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

    TOP

  17. #85
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,079

    Default Re: Pacers/Minny postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm interested in the season... but I'm not emotionally invested in the season.
    Simon isn't fully invested either. Isn't that the point?

    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  19. #86
    Member TOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,864

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Minny postgame thread.

    From game 1-66 last season, I always felt good about the Pacers winning their game and even down at the end, I was always optimistic they'd pull it out. For the most part, they did.

    This season since game 1... I've never believed they were going to pull it out. For the most part, they haven't.


    I hope things get better. This team has been a disaster.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Useful Post:


  21. #87

    Default Re: Pacers/Minny postgame thread.

    How do the Pacers expect to win fans back? You have to spend money to make it... they decided to be cheap and this is their result!
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  22. #88
    Member TOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,864

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Minny postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its going to be hard to get over how bad simon/pritchard/walsh destoryed this team... we literally gave collison away for nothing...
    8 minutes the other night. 10 minutes tonight. Awesome...

    And our 1st round pick has played 4 minutes.

    Wasted all of our assets. Even the cap room we had. Max contract for a guy that had 10pts 4rebs 1blk 2tos. That's his entire stat line for the night. Max contract? Kenyon Martin just said he'll play for the league minimum. Even he could put up those numbers and I'm sure plenty of other unemployed players could as well.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Useful Post:


  24. #89
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,326

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Minny postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How do the Pacers expect to win fans back? You have to spend money to make it... they decided to be cheap and this is their result!
    Let's not pretend Herb's Robert Sarver or something.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  26. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Minny postgame thread.

    I'm still trying to figure out how the Pacers a supposed to be eastern conference final favorite loss to a team without their best two players? they are supposed to have a deep team, they are supposed to be good enough to beat mediocre teams and they can't

  27. #91

    Default Re: Pacers/Minny postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How do we really know he'd be better? I mean, he's not just an assistant. He's our "associate head coach." He's supposed to be heavily involved here. I think he has to take some of the heat right alongside Vogel.
    We don't but he's been around great coaches and players over the years and I'm sure he is part of the blame but I think he would do a good what's it gonna hurt

  28. #92
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,326

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Minny postgame thread.

    So it just occurred to me, we bought Orlando Johnson's rights. I don't know how much we paid, but generally picks are sold for 3 million right? That's pretty close to the difference between our current payroll and being as close to the lux tax as possible w/o going over.

  29. #93

    Default Re: Pacers/Minny postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let's not pretend Herb's Robert Sarver or something.
    Well he had a team he could legitemately improve on and build a fanbase with and they made lowball moves this summer... actually appears they made the team worse
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  30. #94
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,522
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Minny postgame thread.

    I'm trying to stay positive. Hill had a monster game and looks to be earning his contract new contract.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:


  32. #95
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,326

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Minny postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well he had a team he could legitemately improve on and build a fanbase with and they made lowball moves this summer... actually appears they made the team worse
    Investing something like 110 million into the team isn't lowball. Herb obviously spent money. Complain about how it was spent all you want, I'd agree, but all Herb does is sign the checks.

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  34. #96
    Member TOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,864

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Minny postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm still trying to figure out how the Pacers a supposed to be eastern conference final favorite loss to a team without their best two players? they are supposed to have a deep team, they are supposed to be good enough to beat mediocre teams and they can't
    Bareas pretty good too and they didn't have him either.


    Pacers are supposed to be the one good team I'm a fan of this season...

  35. #97
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,387

    Default Re: Pacers/Minny postgame thread.

    I'm ready to see Orlando Johnson and Miles Plumlee get minutes. Why not, right? Orlando Johnson is probably as effective as Green or Young, and Plumlee as useful as Mahinmi.

  36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:


  37. #98
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Minny postgame thread.

    Over under 10000 people there tommorrow night.

  38. #99
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,580
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Minny postgame thread.

    I know it's way too early, but I wonder how far things go before you think about trading Roy.

    His contract straps the franchise financially, and unless he is able to be a gamechanger you can't keep paying. Obviously things would have to stay really bad to even consider it, but you have to wonder if we could have a Nene/Denver situation here.

    This is sickening. What a disappointment. This has been an incredible underachieving start to the season.

  39. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Minny postgame thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well he had a team he could legitemately improve on and build a fanbase with and they made lowball moves this summer... actually appears they made the team worse
    The players they brought here are the equivalent of Diener, Kareem Rush and Solomon Jones but way more expensive.

    DJ=Diener
    Green= Kareem Rush
    Ian= Solomon Jones

Similar Threads

  1. Pacers/Minny postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 04-17-2012, 11:37 PM
  2. Pacers/NY postgame thread.
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 171
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 11:53 PM
  3. Pacers/NY postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 03-18-2012, 08:06 AM
  4. Pacers/NJ postgame thread
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 03-23-2011, 12:50 PM
  5. Denver vs. Minny Thread
    By ROCislandWarrior in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-24-2004, 11:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •