Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast
Results 401 to 425 of 451

Thread: 2012-2013 NCAA Basketball Thread

  1. #401
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,858
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NCAA Basketball Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    USC just hired Andy Enfield, the Florida Gulf Coast coach. Talk about risky.
    I like it with his style and NBA backround he should be able to recruit. I still don't know much about him but from what I've heard. He is the type of coach UCLA should of went after instead of a broke mans Ben Howland in Alford.

  2. #402

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NCAA Basketball Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like it with his style and NBA backround he should be able to recruit. I still don't know much about him but from what I've heard. He is the type of coach UCLA should of went after instead of a broke mans Ben Howland in Alford.
    Seems pretty boom or bust, don't see much of a grey area. If USC gave a damn about hoops it's the kinda hire that could get an AD fired.

  3. #403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like it with his style and NBA backround he should be able to recruit. I still don't know much about him but from what I've heard. He is the type of coach UCLA should of went after instead of a broke mans Ben Howland in Alford.
    Plus his wife is hot.

  4. #404

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NCAA Basketball Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plus his wife is hot.
    Seen Lane Kiffin's lady? Wonder if it's a job requirement?

  5. #405

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NCAA Basketball Thread

    also, are people aware Shabazz Muhammed played 30 games, and had 27 assists? All season.

  6. #406
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,858
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NCAA Basketball Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    also, are people aware Shabazz Muhammed played 30 games, and had 27 assists? All season.
    yep I have been saying that all season in the spects thread. He plays really selfish and has terrible tunnel vision. I am not very high on him at all. He is great off screens, pretty good on the break, but outside of that he is pretty average in other areas and terrible in a few key areas that lottery wings must show.

    He has no right hand as well, just force him right and he is a turnover machine

  7. #407
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,355

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NCAA Basketball Thread

    Welp, Mike Rice is a ****ing dickhead.

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  9. #408
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,928

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NCAA Basketball Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like it with his style and NBA backround he should be able to recruit. I still don't know much about him but from what I've heard. He is the type of coach UCLA should of went after instead of a broke mans Ben Howland in Alford.
    USC Basketball is like IU football everyone always thinks it should be better than it is with solid facilities and a strong athletic program around, but it never really is.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  11. #409

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NCAA Basketball Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Welp, Mike Rice is a ****ing dickhead.
    hope he enjoys unemployment

  12. #410
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,330

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NCAA Basketball Thread

    Mike & Mike ‏@MikeAndMike 9m

    Watch this http://es.pn/14CIFRx Should #Rutgers fire Mike Rice? 1-740-535-MIKE (6453) or Tweet us. Best answers on the show tmrw!
    View summary

    Roy Hibbert Roy Hibbert ‏@Hoya2aPacer 6m

    @MikeAndMike fire his ***!
    Hide conversation

    Reply
    Retweeted
    Favorite

    Guess we found the one coach that Roy dislikes more than He Who Shall Not Be Named...
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  13. #411
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,177

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NCAA Basketball Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    hope he enjoys unemployment
    Well, apparently Rice still has a job at Rutgers, which is ridiculous and indefensible.

    What should happen, IMO, if the NCAA had an ounce of sense (which it doesn't), is that the NCAA should allow the Rutgers players to transfer without penalty as long as Rice is still the Rutgers coach. If they transfer after he's fired, they have to sit out a year.

    If they really like Mike Rice, they'll be willing to ruin the program for him. I can't imagine him trying to get recruits.

  14. #412
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,858
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NCAA Basketball Thread

    he just got fired. I think it was fireable not only due to the fact it is unethical. But honestly who is going to play hard for a coach like that? If I was the AD I fire him the day I see the tape and say "no wonder these kids dont play hard"

  15. #413

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NCAA Basketball Thread

    Ed Schilling from Park Tudor's joining Alford's staff at UCLA

  16. #414
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,299

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NCAA Basketball Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ed Schilling from Park Tudor's joining Alford's staff at UCLA
    Could throw a wrench in the Trevon Bluiett recruitment. I was pretty much assuming he was going to Butler.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  17. #415

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NCAA Basketball Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could throw a wrench in the Trevon Bluiett recruitment. I was pretty much assuming he was going to Butler.
    His tweets at Elijah Brown makes me very confident he's coming here now. Still a little worried about Michigan though.

  18. #416

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NCAA Basketball Thread

    Minnesota apparently close to announcing their hiring of Richard Pitino, Rick's son

  19. #417
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,200

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NCAA Basketball Thread

    Look for Rutgers AD to be fired next. No way can he stay as well when he pretty much covered it up to some extent for months because it was his first coaching hire. Rice should have been fired on the spot for anybody viewing that tape. He has lost credibility and I think he already has one foot out the door.

  20. #418

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NCAA Basketball Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Look for Rutgers AD to be fired next. No way can he stay as well when he pretty much covered it up to some extent for months because it was his first coaching hire. Rice should have been fired on the spot for anybody viewing that tape. He has lost credibility and I think he already has one foot out the door.
    That AD has elevated Rutgers athletics in a huge way and brought them the riches of the Big Ten. Right or wrong, he's not going anywhere.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  22. #419
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,200

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NCAA Basketball Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That AD has elevated Rutgers athletics in a huge way and brought them the riches of the Big Ten. Right or wrong, he's not going anywhere.
    I disagree. I guess we'll wait and see.

  23. #420

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NCAA Basketball Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree. I guess we'll wait and see.
    I think he should be fired too, but money talks and he's brought a ton of it to Rutgers.

  24. #421
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,102

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NCAA Basketball Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Minnesota apparently close to announcing their hiring of Richard Pitino, Rick's son
    Love that hire for them.

  25. #422

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NCAA Basketball Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Love that hire for them.
    Only real downside is if it works he's probably gone in 5 years or so. But I guess that's life at Minnesota really.

  26. #423
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,102

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NCAA Basketball Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only real downside is if it works he's probably gone in 5 years or so. But I guess that's life at Minnesota really.
    That's really what they are probably hoping for I'm guessing.

  27. #424
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,200

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NCAA Basketball Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he should be fired too, but money talks and he's brought a ton of it to Rutgers.
    They just debated it on ESPN and they think not only should the AD be gone but the President of the University as well. I think public pressure will get the AD at the very least. This cover up has some parallels to the Penn State scandal. Maybe the abuse wasn't sexual and they aren't children but it is still abuse both physical and mental that was allowed to continue at the expense of students by trusted officials in the University. His foot is out the door already.
    Last edited by presto123; 04-03-2013 at 05:22 PM.

  28. #425
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,734

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-2013 NCAA Basketball Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only real downside is if it works he's probably gone in 5 years or so. But I guess that's life at Minnesota really.

    I bet Rick Pitino wants him to be his successor at Louisville.

Similar Threads

  1. Purdue 2012-2013 Athletics thread
    By Kegboy in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 753
    Last Post: 08-11-2013, 08:54 PM
  2. 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread
    By pacer4ever in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1618
    Last Post: 06-28-2013, 06:35 PM
  3. Broncos/Manning 2012-2013 Season Thread
    By Bball in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 445
    Last Post: 01-22-2013, 09:46 AM
  4. 2012/2013 Premier League thread
    By Hypnotiq in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-29-2012, 03:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •