Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 NCAA Basketball Thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2012-2013 NCAA Basketball Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CreekShow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its like Deja Vu year after year. Beilein loves him some shooters.
    Yes he does. This feels like his best team. His West Virginia teams always seemed gimmicky. This Michigan team is complete. They can still shoot themselves out of games though.

Josh smith leaving UCLA

gee its all failing apart there.
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    Josh smith leaving UCLA

gee its all failing apart there.
    He was a cancer the day he stepped on that campus. I wouldn't of recruited him if I was a college coach. Better for UCLA Tony Parker is a much better kid and has the potential to be much better for them.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    He was a cancer the day he stepped on that campus. I wouldn't of recruited him if I was a college coach. Better for UCLA Tony Parker is a much better kid and has the potential to be much better for them.
    UCLA is imploding. Smith leaving the team does not change that one iota.

If they're hanging around .500 around mid January I think Howland gets the axe.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

MSU trying to blow the challenge

Pretty sloppy game so far with Dook and the Buckeyes.

Kelly is good though big fan of his
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

osu is done.
    they played well for a while but ran out of juice.

ACC B1G challenge will be a tie. Wow what a disaster for the Big 10.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Way to screw the pooch Wisconsin and MSU, especially you Wisconsin, you were in the Kohl Center and it's freakin Virginia. Even Nebraska got a win for the conference.

And it has nothing to do with IU hate, but Duke really should be #1 next week. Beaten #2, 3, 4, a now ranked Minnesota, a good VCU. Deshaun Thomas would be in the #1 pick discussion if he could play a lick of defense.

Here's a prediction for you: Indiana will play Duke at Cameron Indoor Stadium next year in the ACC/B1G challenge, and will dish out Duke's first non-conference home loss in over a decade.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Way to screw the pooch Wisconsin and MSU, especially you Wisconsin, you were in the Kohl Center and it's freakin Virginia. Even Nebraska got a win for the conference.

And it has nothing to do with IU hate, but Duke really should be #1 next week. Beaten #2, 3, 4, a now ranked Minnesota, a good VCU. Deshaun Thomas would be in the #1 pick discussion if he could play a lick of defense.
    You don't jump the number 1 til they lose. Especially when they just got done whooping a team that has more high school all americans than they know what to do with by 24.

I agree next year's team would take down Duke Cdash, but I think more likely we get UNC or NC State.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I agree next year's team would take down Duke Cdash, but I think more likely we get UNC or NC State.
    It really just depends on what the outlooks are for us and those three teams at the start of next year. I assume if we lose Cody, Jordy, Watford, Elston, we will fall in the rankings, but with the strong recruiting class and Yogi/Oladipo/Sheehey core, we would probably still be a top 15 team preseason. That would probably be enough to get us in one of the marquee games again.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    It really just depends on what the outlooks are for us and those three teams at the start of next year. I assume if we lose Cody, Jordy, Watford, Elston, we will fall in the rankings, but with the strong recruiting class and Yogi/Oladipo/Sheehey core, we would probably still be a top 15 team preseason. That would probably be enough to get us in one of the marquee games again.
    If we all we lose is Cody and the 3 seniors, we would be a top 10 team no doubt. We probably even still will be if Vic goes.

After seeing a little of UK being completely thrashed by Notre Dame, Cal may have been smart to have tucked tail on playing IU in Rupp. It would have looked a lot like the IU-UNC game, but with the road team on the top end of the rout.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Cal's precious home court winning streak was always the motivation behind it. Too bad it's gonna go down this year during the SEC season anyway.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

I believe two things came into play-

#1- money-
    #2- IUs fanbase's "perceived" treatment of UK fans at Bloomington (during the game). You guys are IU fans, I understand- I can tell you with certaintity that several large boosters were pissed at the IU home crowd- and when I say pissed, I am understating it. Please understand, it was a fantastic atmospere for college basketball- but there were some nasty things said to some important people- that's a fact. This was relayed to Cal and played a role in the decision.

I wish I could say that I had the money to be an insider in UKs basketball program. I do not, but I do have a very close friend that flies around with Cal- had him over to his home on more than one occasion- I was there once and have a picture to prove it. This friend told me after the game that he guarantied UK would never play at Bloomington again. I believed him and he was right. The whole storming of the court, the obscene chants- even directed at some children was a major reason UK is not going back to Bloomington.

The spill given to Cal, by at least several LARGE boosters, was why play there? They need us, we dont need them anymore. The neutral site was going to be the only way this game was going to happen.

I considered posting something to this effect after the game, but I did not want to sound like I was being a sore loser- and I didnt know for sure if my friend was 100% accurate.

I am not trying to stir anything up about the crowd. Other than the storming of the court- this stuff has now become socially acceptable at sporting events. Pitino, Cal, Crean all hear nasty things. UKs old money has most of the season tickets at Rupp so you dont get that in Lexington.

Cal is going to lose at home- he knows it. He doesnt care if it's IU or Alabama.
    Last edited by Darren35; 11-30-2012 at 12:58 PM.

Cal's precious home court winning streak was always the motivation behind it. Too bad it's gonna go down this year during the SEC season anyway.
    Missouri and Florida are the obvious chances (the only two ranked opponents they will face at Rupp). It would be nice if Baylor does it on Saturday, though. I not holding my breath since it's Baylor's first road game of the year.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Quote Originally Posted by Darren35 View Post
    that's a fact.
    No, it's an unsupported allegation. Nobody will go on record with any eyewitness accounts, no camera phone photos, no video recordings, etc. It's a convenient, trumped-up, FABRICATED excuse.

The only "incident" anyone ever went on record was some shank model wannabe who grabbed her 15 minutes of fame by claiming to have suffered an ankle sprain.

Her account of that "horrific" day:

'There was a girl two rows behind me that said, "Sit your blond — down." I turned around and probably said some not so nice things myself back. But it was a good time, or at least it was until the end.'
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ball-game.html
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 11-30-2012 at 01:07 PM.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

I am so sick of hearing of the "treatment of Kentucky fans". I went to the IU vs. Illinois game the year Eric Gordon was at IU in Champaign. I was out of my car maybe half a second when I heard "Eric Gordon takes it up the ***". It didn't stop all game. I sat next to the student section just by coincidence at that game, and I heard some things that made my skin crawl, but I didn't whine, it's sports.

I don't mean to be defensive here, but I sat by some UK fans at the game last year, and the first ones to talk any **** at the game were them. In fact, I had a very cordial convo with them before the game started and then the ball tipped and it was one tirade after another directed at IU fans. I don't mean to be mean Darren, because I am not saying it was you, but i have never seen a fan base act like a bigger bunch of pansies after a road game than what UK fans did after the IU game. Are you going to tell me that if IU had played at Rupp this year I would have been welcomed with open arms? Let's not even play that because you know we wouldn't have been. It is a deep seated rivalry between not just two programs, but two states.

I am just so tired of hearing about it because I was there and I just didn't see anything happen to any UK fans that I haven't had happen to me. And the UK fans make out like they were just saints. Like I said if some big boosters had their feelings hurt by something that was said to them, they shouldn't have hauled their asses there in the first place.

UK's old money? Do you realize how big IU's alumni base is? It is the third largest in the country. There is plenty of money floating around, I am in the IU season ticket pool remember, I am a second generation IU grad, I know how much money it takes to get up close to the court. It's a lot. So if any of the old money UK guys were offended by anyone is probably something said by an old money IU guy, guess we just aren't as classy as you guys.

Also, it is delusional to say IU or UK needs each other. You can make the argument that college basketball needs IU and UK to play, but it is just not correct to say that either program needs the other one.

It's shame a deal couldn't get done. It's a shame that UK fans got so bent out of shape over one game. It's also a shame that Cal took the IU vs. UNC game as an opportunity to shamelessly promote himself by saying he will play IU in Brooklyn next year with all proceeds going to the V foundation. First it was he will play us in Indianapolis, now he will play us in Brooklyn...Where to next? How far away from Indiana does he need to get?

Wish we would play again, but while Cal is at UK, I just don't see it happening.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 11-30-2012 at 01:15 PM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Also, LOL, the storming of the court? Is Cal not going to go back to ND either then?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Is Cal not going to go back to ND either then?
    You can bet he is thinking about it. It's brutal having two non-conference road games in the same season, and the locals won't let you cancel Louisville.

There has to be some cupcake that will come to Rupp instead, and especially one that isn't from the state of Indiana (given that Evansville, for example, gave Notre Dame a closer game).

I'm sure UK fans never hear cussing or have bad behavior directed their way in any other venues outside of Assembly Hall. Only IU's fan base would do that kind of stuff.

The wussification of America continues.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I probably shouldn't Google "jerk off motion gif" until I get home but Darren's post has me considering it.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

33. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post: