Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 320

Thread: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

  1. #126
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,031

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We will see...... two men on Wayne and he will be shut down.... He is also going to take unbelievable hits when he does make a catch.... I don't like Belichick but I know he is a great coach and he does great preparation..... I think the Colts have a very long day in New England....
    Of course you do. You've said this every week so far. You're 3-6. You also claimed RG3 and Cam Newton were better, and that you were done posting in this forum.

    Whoops.

    The Colts are on a 2-game road winning streak, btw.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 11-16-2012 at 12:10 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  2. #127
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    14,622

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course you do. You've said this every week so far. You're 3-6.

    Actually isn't he like 2-7? I thought he picked us to win the Jacksonville game at home. We lost the one game he predicted us to win.

  3. #128
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,977

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    This game could possibly decide home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Gotta take out these guys. It's our time to shine
    David "And One" West

  4. #129

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stats don't mean much in these games. Check Luck's road game stats.....
    Haha, stats don't mean much in these games...but look at Luck's stats??

    Momentum doesn't mean much in these games, but the Colts have won 4 in a row, the Patriots only 3. Ipso facto, Colts win.

  5. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually isn't he like 2-7? I thought he picked us to win the Jacksonville game at home. We lost the one game he predicted us to win.
    Nope. I have picked against the Colts every game and I will again this week. I think New England will cover the big spread....

  6. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by bunt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Haha, stats don't mean much in these games...but look at Luck's stats??

    Momentum doesn't mean much in these games, but the Colts have won 4 in a row, the Patriots only 3. Ipso facto, Colts win.
    They aren't playing the Jags, Titans, Dolphins or such this week... Ispo silliness, Colts lose big...

  7. #132
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,164

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    That's funny because 6 of the 8 panelists on CBS sports are taking the Colts with the point spread. 9 and 1/2 in case you wondered.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  8. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's funny because 6 of the 8 panelists on CBS sports are taking the Colts with the point spread. 9 and 1/2 in case you wondered.
    I didn't wonder. I have a spread that is a bit better than than that but I thing NE will cover that spread. I see something like 37-21 NE... I do think Luck will have a good day, just not good enough... I keep looking at those road stats for Luck. 2 TDs 7 Ints....

  9. #134

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There are things lining up in this game that really have me intrigued. One of the main reasons Indy has had success is their 3rd-down success rate. And NE is 31st in the league, defensively, in that category.

    Luck is also going against their 29th-ranked pass defense.

    Most the experts are predicting a NE win, even a blowout. I just don't know that's going to happen. I think it'll be closer than most think, and I actually think Indy has a chance to win this thing. They've had a week and a half to prepare, we're getting a few guys back... If our D can put pressure on Brady, which I think they can with Mathis and Freeney both back, and if we can control Ridley.... I really really like our chances.
    I definitely think the Colts have a chance, but here are the stats that trouble me:

    The Colts are 22nd in turning red zone trips into TD's, New England is 19th best in not allowing TD's in the red zone.
    New England is 6th best in TD percentage in the red zone, and the Colts are 27th best at not allowing TD's in the red zone.

    Then of course the turnover numbers where New England is best in the AFC at +16 while the Colts are tied for 2nd worst at -9.

    Those are the main differences between the teams. The difference between yards gained and yards allowed is minimal. New England is +434, while the Colts are +331.

    The good news is that turnovers and red zone trips can be highly variable from game to game. And of course in the Colts case, if Freeney and Mathis can both play that should help the Colts chances of improving upon their league worst takeaway number. If the Colts get a little luck and keep the turnover margin even or -1 along with converting a red zone opportunity or two, they could very well win the game. I do hope the Colts don't play conservatively at all though. Possessions count much more than field position in this game, and the Colts can't afford to do much punting on the NE side of the field or kicking field goals inside the 5 yard line.

  10. #135
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,031

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Ya, I don't disagree that a lot of stats point to a NE win, I'm just saying there's a number of stats that point to a possible Colts upset. The Colts obviously have to prove consistent in the stats that I've pointed out. Being great at 3rd down conversions doesn't matter if in week 10 they don't convert many 3rd downs.

    The great thing about this week is there is no real pressure on this Indy team. If we lose... well that's what most people thought would happen anyway. By all indications, NE *should* win this game. If Indy wins --- great. Everyone knows this team is still young, we have a lot of improvement to make, so a loss, while it would hurt our playoff chances this year a little bit, wouldn't be the end of the world.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  12. #136

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They aren't playing the Jags, Titans, Dolphins or such this week... Ispo silliness, Colts lose big...
    Obviously the point is, you say stats don't matter, and then cherry pick Luck's road stats to support your opinion. You say Belichick is an evil genius who will make Luck's life miserable on Sunday. Yet, stats and their first 9 games tell us the Pats have one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL. So where are you putting two and two together here? Or are you just saying things again because Irsay hurt your feelings?

  13. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by bunt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Obviously the point is, you say stats don't matter, and then cherry pick Luck's road stats to support your opinion. You say Belichick is an evil genius who will make Luck's life miserable on Sunday. Yet, stats and their first 9 games tell us the Pats have one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL. So where are you putting two and two together here? Or are you just saying things again because Irsay hurt your feelings?
    I do not think the stats matter in this game. Luck's on the road are bad but that won't matter either. I expect him to have a good game but Wayne will be taken away from him.... Brady will play nearly perfect and put a lot of points on the board..... I see NE winning big and I do believe they will make Luck's life miserable. The Evil Genius will find a way to win this game....

  14. #138

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    I agree with most of that but they won't make Luck's life miserable. One thing I've learned over the past few years is that Belicheat's team no longer scares me, especially his defenses. They don't have good players anymore, and they can no longer grab and pull and knock receivers to the ground and get away with it.

    I've seen Peyton enough times shred that defense to pieces over the past 5-7 years to realize that Luck is more than capable of doing that on his own.

    And one thing I'd like to point out, the offensive line has done a pretty darn good job over the past few weeks. Case in point, we haven't really been talking about them, which means they are doing their job.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:


  16. #139

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On that same note a certain #18QB was down 31 - 7 to this Pats team just this season. So let's see if our rookie phenom and so far miracle team can better that.
    I agree. Though I would argue that the Denver team is much better than they were at that point and that if they played again, there would not be such a big difference.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:


  18. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with most of that but they won't make Luck's life miserable. One thing I've learned over the past few years is that Belicheat's team no longer scares me, especially his defenses. They don't have good players anymore, and they can no longer grab and pull and knock receivers to the ground and get away with it.

    I've seen Peyton enough times shred that defense to pieces over the past 5-7 years to realize that Luck is more than capable of doing that on his own.

    And one thing I'd like to point out, the offensive line has done a pretty darn good job over the past few weeks. Case in point, we haven't really been talking about them, which means they are doing their job.
    The offensive line has been consistently terrible. This is not the Jags or the Titans.... You are going to have some very big boys working that line over...... Luck is still scrambling for his life from what I have seen in replays....

  19. #141
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,164

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do not think the stats matter in this game. Luck's on the road are bad but that won't matter either. I expect him to have a good game but Wayne will be taken away from him....
    I agree, Wayne will be taken away but that leaves either Avery to step up or our new superstar TE (the other wayne) D.Allen to have a monster game.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:


  21. #142

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree, Wayne will be taken away but that leaves either Avery to step up or our new superstar TE (the other wayne) D.Allen to have a monster game.
    I see Donnie Avery and T.Y. Hilton having big games, but lets be honest, when your as good as Reggie Wayne that means you will not be completely taken away, Wayne has been in the league a few years he knows how to get open even when they are trying to take him away, also to take him away that means double to triple coverage which means Avery, Hilton, and Allen are working in man to man coverage against the 29th ranked pass D.......... I like those odds

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  23. #143

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Darius Butler is going to be a steal this season and he is going to show why this game I think!

  24. #144

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The offensive line has been consistently terrible. This is not the Jags or the Titans.... You are going to have some very big boys working that line over...... Luck is still scrambling for his life from what I have seen in replays....
    The "very big boys" who rank in the lower half of the NFL in sacks. Right.

  25. #145
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The "very big boys" who rank in the lower half of the NFL in sacks. Right.
    We will see how they "rank" on Sunday.... You guys read too much into stats. You still have to play the games.....

  26. #146
    Step aside, King James BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,452

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The offensive line has been consistently terrible. This is not the Jags or the Titans.... You are going to have some very big boys working that line over...... Luck is still scrambling for his life from what I have seen in replays....
    The Colts should lose this game big. But if they win, it will be time for you to start a thread idolizing Andrew Luck. The rookie goes into Foxborough with a paper thin front line. He will deserve the praise...

  27. #147
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Colts should lose this game big. But if they win, it will be time for you to start a thread idolizing Andrew Luck. The rookie goes into Foxborough with a paper thin front line. He will deserve the praise...
    That will NEVER happen no matter how well he plays. I don't like him. I just saw his cocky *** on sports center.....

  28. #148
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We will see how they "rank" on Sunday.... You guys read too much into stats. You still have to play the games.....
    You read to much into your own random thoughts. Using past performance is the best way to develop useful expectations. I don't see any added variables that make this weeks patriots different than last weeks patriots defense.

    Oh and very big usually means slow. Slow doesn't catch luck.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

  29. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    [QUOTE=spazzxb;1530872]You read to much into your own random thoughts. Using past performance is the best way to develop useful expectations. I don't see any added variables that make this weeks patriots different than last weeks patriots defense.

    Oh and very big usually means slow. Slow doesn't catch luck.


    Ha, ha.... sure.....

  30. #150

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That will NEVER happen no matter how well he plays. I don't like him. I just saw his cocky *** on sports center.....
    I try to be respectful the best I can, but that is just a down right lie, Andrew Luck, cocky? You are the only human being on earth who thinks he is cocky. He is the most humble sports figure I have ever seen to be honest. If you think he is cocky you need to learn a thing or two about him

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

    rel

Similar Threads

  1. Colts - Pats moved to a 4:25 start
    By Sollozzo in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-06-2012, 07:32 PM
  2. Colts vs. Pats
    By travmil in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 179
    Last Post: 11-19-2009, 03:16 PM
  3. To the Pats fans; Colts or Chargers?
    By Shade in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-13-2008, 03:26 PM
  4. Just how big a Colts/Pats AFCCG will be..
    By Sollozzo in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-04-2008, 04:43 PM
  5. Predict Game 1 Colts @ Pats
    By Lord Helmet in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-09-2004, 07:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •