Thread: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You definitely have the bolded part correct.
    I certainly might do that but it doesn't mean that I will not be correct in the end. We are talking three or four years here. Look at the Pacers. You were one of the group who thought they were going to win 60+ games and get to the ECF. I didn't believe that. I didn't think they improved enough during the season to even stay where they were. I predicted 48-34 and the fifth or sixth seed in the east unless they had a major injury and then they might have to scrap just to get the eighth seed..... The Colts are overperforming right now. That will end soon enough and reality will eventually set in.... They are too thin on talent and they have too many injuries to keep up the present pace in my opinion. A major injury might mean that they do not win any more games this year. I expect them to come out slowly next year as teams adapt to defensing what they do. It would seem to me that the start of this could be the meeting with the evil genius this week. I'm willing to bet that he won't let Reggie Wayne beat him. Someone else might but Reggie Wayne will be stopped or nearly stopped....

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    That too will end.... If they have that kind of attendance then why do they call me every month begging me to repurchase my season tickets? They lost a lot of season ticket holders. Visiting teams and last minute purchasers have kept that number high. When this train falls of the tracks (and, yes, I believe that will happen in the next couple of years if not yet this year) and there will be blackouts.... Imagine what would happen if, say, Luck injured something that caused nerve damage and could no longer play. I hope that never happens but every player in the NFL can have it happen and Luck has taken way too much punishment and he will continue to take it this year and probably for several years to come..... This not a knock on Luck but on Irsay and management for not having a line to protect him. Peyton had that line and they were always good at pass protection if not the run..... Luck will certainly need "luck" to survive that. The NFL is littered with QB who did not.....
    Well, the only pre-1997 precedent for anything like that is last year when Manning was hurt, and the fans still came. Yeah, many were ST holders locked into the seats, but I watched those games and TV and people were still physically showing up to the games. If people in Indianapolis were as uninterested in the games as I incorrectly predicted they would be, they would not have shown up regardless of whether they paid for a ticket (there are many more costs to attending a football game).

If Luck were to get hurt badly, I actually have all the faith in the world that the team would find a way to rebuild. The NFL is so much bigger than any one player and the Colts have proven that they have the ability to build pretty good teams. This isn't the NBA where losing Lebron puts you into basketball Siberia. The Colts could lose Luck but still be playoff caliber team in 3 years. Not that I want that to happen but in the NFL it is possible. Which is why the NBA will never rival the NFL.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    Well, the only pre-1997 precedent for anything like that is last year when Manning was hurt, and the fans still came. Yeah, many were ST holders locked into the seats, but I watched those games and TV and people were still physically showing up to the games. If people in Indianapolis were as uninterested in the games as I incorrectly predicted they would be, they would not have shown up regardless of whether they paid for a ticket (there are many more costs to attending a football game).

If Luck were to get hurt badly, I actually have all the faith in the world that the team would find a way to rebuild. The NFL is so much bigger than any one player and the Colts have proven that they have the ability to build pretty good teams. This isn't the NBA where losing Lebron puts you into basketball Siberia. The Colts could lose Luck but still be playoff caliber team in 3 years. Not that I want that to happen but in the NFL it is possible. Which is why the NBA will never rival the NFL.
    They might actually be a better team if they give up on the quick fix and work on making a great offensive line and a defensive front. That is the way I like to see teams built. Then you can look for your all world QB.....

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You forget that Irsay pocketed millions by dumping Manning and signing Luck..... He also got to dump a lot of other high paid players (I won't argue that some of them needed to go but they would have had to stay if Peyton stayed) putting even more money in his pocket while he signed rookie and cheap free agent replacements. The dumping of Manning and tear down of this team was strictly financial and Irsay made a fortune doing it. He will do it again as soon as it is convenient and the die hard fans will stay and keep coming and being screwed.... Good teams, well managed team don't go through rebuilds like that. Just look at the Patriots... Since the evil genius has joined that team, they have had some down years but they were still winning. Only bad teams with poor managements have to start all over again every five or six years and spend years losing inbetween....
    No he didn't he paid him over 14 million not to play for us. Add in Lucks salary and he has 20 million invested in the QB position. You are so wrong, so often, it's ridiculous.

And anyone who says Mannings INTs were as good as punts is missing the point. The whole team was built for him to put up points, and when Manning played that poorly, we lost probably 8-9 out of 10 games. My point was the SB win was a complete team effort.

Here's hoping Donnie Avery has put in some extra time with Andrew this week. Patriots are not going to let Reggie Wayne beat them this week and they'll have something planned to take him out of the equation. Dink and dunk baby, dink and dunk with some run thrown in to help our defense stay off the field and keep Brady on the sidelines too.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

At least we're going to have these two guys:

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2012/11/...e-for-patriots

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Here's hoping Donnie Avery has put in some extra time with Andrew this week. Patriots are not going to let Reggie Wayne beat them this week and they'll have something planned to take him out of the equation. Dink and dunk baby, dink and dunk with some run thrown in to help our defense stay off the field and keep Brady on the sidelines too.
    Luck to Wayne > NE's 28th ranked pass defense. Don't be surprised if Reggie goes off for another 200 yd game
    David "And One" West

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    Luck to Wayne > NE's 28th ranked pass defense. Don't be surprised if Reggie goes off for another 200 yd game
    It won't happen. Someone else may have a big day but the evil genius will shut down Reggie Wayne and refuse to be beaten by him. As well he should......

That's a nice looking dog.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    That's a nice looking dog.
    Thank you. That is my wonderful companion the world famous "Bruiser" at one year of age. He is now 8 months older and 40 lbs. heavier. He weighs 160 lbs and stand 36" at his shoulder. He will grow until he is three.... He should go over 200 lbs. This is the dog that one of my "fans" here said I was lying about when I said that this spring I took him for a walk in Washington D.C. among the monuments and about 25 kids followed us everywhere we went. I have a Texas license plate now so I kid people who ask and tell them he is a "Texas" pitbull!!

Welcome CJ Miles! BlueCollarColts's Avatar

here is all I am gonna say about the situation, Colts with Manning right now 7-2, not a lot of cap space and selling out all home games, future uncertain, Colts without Manning, but with Luck, 6-3 A TON of cap space for next year (most in NFL) and can sign many good players still selling out all home games, also team has a VERY bright future...... which do you prefer......
    Last edited by BlueCollarColts; 11-15-2012 at 05:51 PM.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    here is all I am gonna say about the situation, Colts with Manning right now 7-2, not a lot of cap space and selling out all home games, future uncertain, Colts without Manning, but with Luck, 6-3 A TON of cap space for next year (most in NFL) and can sign many good players still selling out all home games, also team has a VERY bright future...... which do you prefer......
    I prefer seeing the greatest Colt of all time finish his career with the team and get to call his own exit which he deserved. He would have had more top picks around him with the high draft picks that could have been garnered. Some of the player could still have been replaced like Saturday, Collie, Clark and several of the defensive players like Bracket but bring enough back to be competitive Like Wayne, Mathis and Freeney. You would still have had that cap space but teams are not built by signing free agents, that just doesn't seem to work. The team overall with those extra high draft picks (three or four number one picks and three or four number two picks) would have given you a shot of youth that would have served you well over the next ten years. You could even have drafted Peyton's eventual replacement (Tannehill or Wilson perhaps).....

Banned
    Mood

I prefer seeing the greatest Colt of all time finish his career with the team and get to call his own exit which he deserved. He would have had more top picks around him with the high draft picks that could have been garnered. Some of the player could still have been replaced like Saturday, Collie, Clark and several of the defensive players like Bracket but bring enough back to be competitive Like Wayne, Mathis and Freeney. You would still have had that cap space but teams are not built by signing free agents, that just doesn't seem to work. The team overall with those extra high draft picks (three or four number one picks and three or four number two picks) would have given you a shot of youth that would have served you well over the next ten years. You could even have drafted Peyton's eventual replacement (Tannehill or Wilson perhaps).....

Just for the record, this wasn't my plan. This is what our former coach said should happen and he said if it did happen, Peyton would take this team back to the Super Bowl......

You forget that Irsay pocketed millions by dumping Manning and signing Luck......... Good teams, well managed team don't go through rebuilds like that.
    You realize that there is a minimum $$ amount that must be spent on player salaries ?? And the whole cap thing and all the other financials involved ........... Irsay is running a profitable business (what NFL team isn't ??) and .................... if this is a rebuild and they're 6-3, what does that say for the perrenial Pats - who also happen to be 6-3 ?? Or the Redskins who are 3-6 ??

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I certainly might do that but it doesn't mean that I will not be correct in the end. We are talking three or four years here. Look at the Pacers. You were one of the group who thought they were going to win 60+ games and get to the ECF. I didn't believe that. I didn't think they improved enough during the season to even stay where they were. I predicted 48-34 and the fifth or sixth seed in the east unless they had a major injury and then they might have to scrap just to get the eighth seed..... The Colts are overperforming right now. That will end soon enough and reality will eventually set in.... They are too thin on talent and they have too many injuries to keep up the present pace in my opinion. A major injury might mean that they do not win any more games this year. I expect them to come out slowly next year as teams adapt to defensing what they do. It would seem to me that the start of this could be the meeting with the evil genius this week. I'm willing to bet that he won't let Reggie Wayne beat him. Someone else might but Reggie Wayne will be stopped or nearly stopped....
    I actually never once stated my prediction for this year. I certainly wouldn't have predicted 60+ wins.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 11-15-2012 at 07:33 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

I dont get why pats get so much credit There beatable and once Brady retires they will suck again. lol and there going to be one and done in the playoffs again.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

There are things lining up in this game that really have me intrigued. One of the main reasons Indy has had success is their 3rd-down success rate. And NE is 31st in the league, defensively, in that category.

Luck is also going against their 29th-ranked pass defense.

Most the experts are predicting a NE win, even a blowout. I just don't know that's going to happen. I think it'll be closer than most think, and I actually think Indy has a chance to win this thing. They've had a week and a half to prepare, we're getting a few guys back... If our D can put pressure on Brady, which I think they can with Mathis and Freeney both back, and if we can control Ridley.... I really really like our chances.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Banned
    Mood

There are things lining up in this game that really have me intrigued. One of the main reasons Indy has had success is their 3rd-down success rate. And NE is 31st in the league, defensively, in that category.

Most the experts are predicting a NE win, even a blowout. I just don't know that's going to happen. I think it'll be closer than most think, and I actually think Indy has a chance to win this thing. They've had a week and a half to prepare, we're getting a few guys back... If our D can put pressure on Brady, which I think they can with Mathis and Freeney both back, and if we can control Ridley.... I really really like our chances.
    You forget that you are dealing with the evil genius. He is going to take Reggie Wayne out of the game and make Luck beat him with his other receivers if he can. Stats don't mean much in these games. Check Luck's road game stats.....

Heck, the Bills put up 31 points against the Pats last week. Of course, the Pats put up 37.

What I want to see the most is how Luck will respond to his first national under the spotlight game. He did in college and now the big test with the nation watching in the NFL. Even our former HOF QB wilted a few times in this weekend's anticipated atmosphere. Of course personally I think he'll do fine, but we'll see how the TY Hilton's on our team react.
    Last edited by RWB; 11-16-2012 at 11:28 AM.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

25. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Check Luck's road game stats.....

Which have improved quite a bit lately. He looked much better on the road at Tennessee and Jacksonville than he did Chicago and New York. Of course, the Pats are obviously a lot better than Tennessee or Jacksonville. But I do think that the two recent road victories have been HUGE mentally for this young team.

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    What I want to see the most is how Luck will respond to his first national under the spotlight game. He did in college and now the big test with the nation watching in the NFL. Even our former HOF QB wilted a few times in this weekend's anticipated atmosphere. Of course personally I think he'll do fine, but we'll see how the TY Hilton's on our team react.

I don't think this kind of atmosphere will be too big for him. I do think the Pats will get out to a good sized lead by halftime like they normally do, then the Colts will counter and the Pats will flounder in the 2nd half like they normally do against the Colts. It might take Luck a couple quarters to figure things out, but we'll get it going. I still think the Pats will win by 14+, but it will be entertaining.

Of course, nothing would please me more than to see the Colts beat the crap out of the Pats and have Luck tackle Belicheat.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

You forget that you are dealing with the evil genius. He is going to take Reggie Wayne out of the game and make Luck beat him with his other receivers if he can. Stats don't mean much in these games. Check Luck's road game stats.....
    Belichick is a great coach, but it's not like he has some superior level of intelligence that is unattainable for anyone else. Mike McCarthy has a more recent championship than Belichick, and he sure couldn't find a way to stop Wayne. Wayne has basically torched anyone he's come into contract with.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Belichick is a great coach, but it's not like he has some superior level of intelligence that is unattainable for anyone else. Mike McCarthy has a more recent championship than Belichick, and he sure couldn't find a way to stop Wayne. Wayne has basically torched anyone he's come into contract with.
    We will see...... two men on Wayne and he will be shut down.... He is also going to take unbelievable hits when he does make a catch.... I don't like Belichick but I know he is a great coach and he does great preparation..... I think the Colts have a very long day in New England....

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    I don't think this kind of atmosphere will be too big for him. I do think the Pats will get out to a good sized lead by halftime like they normally do,
    On that same note a certain #18QB was down 31 - 7 to this Pats team just this season. So let's see if our rookie phenom and so far miracle team can better that.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post: