Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 320

Thread: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

  1. #276
    Born ready? TheDavisBrothers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Davenport, IA
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because Belichick is a douche. This is nothing new for him.
    Man up, this is the NFL

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDavisBrothers For This Useful Post:


  3. #277
    year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,303

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Also, I call jinx on Jim Nantz and Phil Simms. The Colts have been blown out in both games they've called this season.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

  4. #278

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by obnoxiousmodesty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also, I call jinx on Jim Nantz and Phil Simms. The Colts have been blown out in both games they've called this season.
    The Colts have been 0-1(soon to be 2) the Pats 3-0(soon to be 4) with Jim and Phil calling the games... I told you I wanted the game at 1 PM but if they were still announcing it wouldn't have mattered.

  5. #279
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    7,012

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    I'm not getting riled up about this one. Did you guys really expect us to win or even go down to the wire with NE?

    Our record is great and the nice thing is we see some legitimate building blocks and some true effort and enthusiasm from the team. But, despite the win streak, I hold no illusions that this team can compete with an experienced, well - coached, legit contender on the road.

    We've benefitted from a friendly schedule, no doubt. Doesn't take anything away from the positives, but they have to be realistic. I hope we squeeze out the playoffs just for the experience, but if we don't it's not a surprise, and it doesn't cancel out some of the positives that have been established. There's just a lot more work to be done.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:


  7. #280

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Glad we aren't playing this team again for a few years. Good riddance.

  8. #281
    Get well PG! DGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Whiteland, IN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,040

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    On the bright side of things, Andrew Luck downs another record with most 300 yard games in a season for a rookie.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

  9. #282
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,417

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDavisBrothers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man up, this is the NFL
    I completely agree. But Belichick is still a douche.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  11. #283
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    7,012

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Belichick is a douche. Now there's something we can all agree on!
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:


  13. #284

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    I went to the Colts' Facebook page to discuss the game and of course it's getting slammed by Pats trolls. I hate that stupid team and their ******** fans. I can't wait to see them lose in the playoffs.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to LuckSwagger For This Useful Post:


  15. #285

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ys-on-forearm/

    Rob Gronkowski getting X-rays on forearm

    Posted by Michael David Smith on November 18, 2012, 8:36 PM EST

    Reuters
    Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski is being checked for a possible injury to his forearm.

    PFT has learned that Gronkowski is getting X-rays on his forearm this evening, following Sunday’s blowout win over the Colts in which he had seven catches for 137 yards and two touchdowns.

    Gronkowski was not made available to the media in the locker room after the game.

  16. #286

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    we all know the Colts lost because Vontae Davis wasn't there to pick off Brady the fourth time in four games
    Last edited by BlueCollarColts; 11-18-2012 at 09:22 PM.

  17. #287

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    From a Patriots perspective, a loss would have been far preferable to a Gronkowski broken arm.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  18. #288
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,044

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From a Patriots perspective, a loss would have been far preferable to a Gronkowski broken arm.
    Damn is that what they are fearing? That would be a brutal blow to the Patriots, as well as my fantasy team.

  19. #289

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Damn is that what they are fearing? That would be a brutal blow to the Patriots, as well as my fantasy team.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ys-on-forearm/

    out 4-6 weeks, confirmed broken
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  21. #290
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,044

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Damn

  22. #291
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,656

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Hate to sound like a dick, but it serves them right for keeping the starters in there that late in the game. **** you, New England.

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  24. #292

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hate to sound like a dick, but it serves them right for keeping the starters in there that late in the game. **** you, New England.
    Totally agree. If you're going to be such a huge advocate of "the game is 60 minutes" then you have to deal with the injury risk that comes with it.


    I would have rather seen Brady get smashed though.

  25. #293
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,047

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    To be fair, Gronkowski wasn't in at all on that final drive. He only came in because he's part of the extra point team and his arm was broken on a freak play there is my understanding.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  27. #294
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    3,027

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Our running game was great in the first half, but Arians went away from it for some reason
    Smothered Chicken!

  28. #295

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hate that stupid team and their ******** fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would have rather seen Brady get smashed though.
    Pot, meet kettle. Enjoy you opponent being hurt. It shows your class. I remember how Indianapolis Colts message boards exploded with glee over Brady's knee exploding, stickying threads with links to Bernard Pollard T-shirts. So if you want to see low life, scummy, totally turd fans, I suggest that you look very closely in your own mirror.

    Gronkowski had already been removed for the game on offense. You really only have one extra point unit so he was going to be on it if the score was 7-7, 59-24, or 24-59. This is the NFL and you have a 42 man active game day roster besides the kicker, punter, and long snapper. You can't rest everybody. The sure-fire way to INCREASE the odds of people getting hurt is to run out guys who have not practiced with that special teams unit.

    You can of course make the argument that starters should not be part of special teams units, but that is not the Belichick philosophy. Special teams is 1/3 of the game, and the wide receivers, tight ends, safeties, defensive backs, running backs and essentially all of the best athletes play on the special teams. Welker, Woodhead, Edelman, Gronkowski, Ridley, Vareen, and other key offensive players fill special teams roles every game.
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 11-19-2012 at 10:15 AM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  29. #296
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pot, meet kettle.
    Not that I care either way, but why the hell are you running gadget plays up big?

    Is a halfback dive not good enough to kill the clock?

    If you score on that play (a HB or FB dive), fine. You should never "stop" playing. But why the need for "style" points? Is the NFL using a BCS system that I was unaware of?

  30. #297
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,044

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pot, meet kettle. Enjoy you opponent being hurt. It shows your class. I remember how Indianapolis Colts message boards exploded with glee over Brady's knee exploding, stickying threads with links to Bernard Pollard T-shirts. So if you want to see low life scummy totally turd fans, I suggest that you look very closely in your own mirror.
    What Colts message boards did that? I certainly have no memory of that and I have been looking at Colts message boards for at least six years. Sure there might have been your occasional idiot who expressed glee from the injury, but the reaction from the Colts fan base as a whole was very sympathetic towards Brady and the Pats. Here is the coltfreaks.com thread about the Brady injury from September 2008. That is probably the most popular Colts message board.

    Sources: Brady out with ACL tear

    http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8181

    If you scroll through the pages, it's clear that the overwhelming majority of fans were sad to see the injury. Colts fans never wanted Brady hurt. Why would we want that? The rivalry was infinitely better when Brady and Manning were healthy. I wanted to beat a Patriots team with Brady on it. Notice how the 08 victory against the Pats was not brought up in the thread about most memorable Pats-Colts games. It was boring compared to the previous matchups because of the Brady injury.

    From that thread I linked to:

    I hope the speculation is wrong. Best wishes to Tom on a speedy recovery.

    Indeed. It's horrible to see a great player go out like that. Best of luck to him.
    Reply With Quote


    Agreed. I detest BB and "some" Pats fans, but I have no problem with Brady. I hope he's OK.

    Wow hate to see it even to a team that I despise. Brady I have no problem with.. he has succeeded in perhaps the hardest market to make do so.

    well if it had to happen, then it's best to happen early in the season so that he'll be ready for the start of next year. hopefully he has a speedy recovery.

    This sucks... I have a great amount of disdain and good-natured sports hatred for the Pats, but to have the MVP go down in the first game is something I wouldnt wish on anyone....

    Really hate to see any player get hurt, but especially someone that has been such a great player for years. I hope that Brady can come back next year without any problem.

    I feel bad for Tom Brady as a player. You hate to see a guys career sidetracked or even ended like that.

    A couple of Pats fans noticed how classy the Colts fans were being:

    Wow, you guys over here are real classy! Thank you for all the kind words and support.

    Hey ColtFreaks...

    I just wanted to congratulate you all on staying classy. We've seen many fans on other team boards gloating over Brady's injury. It really made me feel good reading all your posts saying what happened to Tom is sad and all your best wishes comments.


    -----------------------------

    After reading through that thread again, it's clear that the overwhelming majority of Colts fans on the most popular Colts message board were extremely sympathetic about the Brady injury. The Colts fans were so classy about it that a couple of Pats fans stopped by the thread to thank them. This whole notion you have that Colts message boards were exploding with glee about the Brady injury is just false. Which ones did that? Where is the link to it? I went into the archives of the most popular message board and have shown that the fans did not behave that way. Most message boards have archives that go back for many many years, so the evidence should not be too hard to find.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 11-19-2012 at 09:15 PM.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  32. #298

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    What gadget play are you talking about, the Edelman end-around? At that point the score was 45-24 and there was 11 or 12 minutes left in the game. Is Luck capable of leading the Colts to three touchdowns in 11 minutes? Of course he is. Dan Orlovsky did it last year.

    After that TD, what did the Patriots do? 1 dump-off pass to Vareen, 8 rushes by Vareen, 1 rush by Ridley, and 1 pass to Welker on 3rd-and-long. That's it.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  33. #299

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Well it's not a Colts board per se, but I remember the IU/Peegs boards just reveling in Brady's injury. Several Colts fans had "the hit" as their avatar.

    LuckSwagger saying "I would have rather seen Brady get smashed" certainly reminded me of that reaction.

    To be honest though it was the Pittsburgh and NY Jets fans who actually made and sold versions of the Bernard Pollard T-shirts such as this one:

    It was also the Jets boards that erupted with joy last night at the Gronkowski news.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  34. #300
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,044

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well it's not a Colts board per se, but I remember the IU/Peegs boards just reveling in Brady's injury. Several Colts fans had "the hit" as their avatar.

    LuckSwagger saying "I would have rather seen Brady get smashed" certainly reminded me of that reaction.

    To be honest though it was the Pittsburgh and NY Jets fans who actually made and sold versions of the Bernard Pollard T-shirts such as this one:

    It was also the Jets boards that erupted with joy last night at the Gronkowski news.

    OK, so a few idiots on an IU board changed their avatar, probably for attention. And they didn't go near as far as you say Pitt and Jets fans did. A peegs board doesn't reflect mainstream Colts fans, IMHO. Coltfreaks is the mainstream Colts board as that is the board that most NFL fans will visit if they want to talk to the Colts fans. And the reaction there was overwhelmingly classy. It was so classy that some Pats fans stopped by to thank the Colts fans.

    It wouldn't make sense for Colts fans to celebrate the Brady injury because the Colts also had a HOF QB back then who they relied on. Manning is just as human as Brady, so why celebrate a Brady injury when it's just as likely that something could happen to Manning? It was always possible that Manning himself would have a bad injury someday, and we all know that's exactly what happened three years later.

Similar Threads

  1. Colts - Pats moved to a 4:25 start
    By Sollozzo in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-06-2012, 07:32 PM
  2. Colts vs. Pats
    By travmil in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 179
    Last Post: 11-19-2009, 03:16 PM
  3. To the Pats fans; Colts or Chargers?
    By Shade in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-13-2008, 03:26 PM
  4. Just how big a Colts/Pats AFCCG will be..
    By Sollozzo in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-04-2008, 04:43 PM
  5. Predict Game 1 Colts @ Pats
    By Lord Helmet in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-09-2004, 07:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •