Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 320

Thread: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

  1. #51
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,450

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LeBron is 20% of his team on both offense and defense. You can argue he has the same kind of impact on offense and that he may be able to help out w/ field position, but once the defense is out there they're still an average defense that is last in the league in turnovers.
    Give me an average defense all day over the Pats' horrendous pass defense. Horrible matchup for NE vs Luck
    David "And One" West

  2. #52

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    stats summary, team rankings

    Turnover differential has been a huge factor for the Patriots

    Points scored
    Pats: 1st (33.2)
    Colts: 22nd (20.6)

    Points against
    Pats: Tied-15th (22.3)
    Colts: Tied-15th (22.3)

    Third-down offense
    Pats: 2nd (64 of 129, 49.6 percent)
    Colts: 7th (55 of 133, 43.6 percent)

    Third-down defense
    Pats: 31st (50 of 112, 44.6 percent)
    Colts: 12th (41 of 110, 37.3 percent)

    Turnover differential
    Pats: 1st (Plus-16 -- 23 takeaways, 7 giveaways)
    Colts: Tied-28th (Minus-9, 6 takeaways, 15 giveaways)

    Red-zone offense (based on TD percentage)
    Pats: 6th (28 of 43, 65.1 percent)
    Colts: 22nd (14 of 30, 46.7 percent)

    Red-zone defense (based on TD percentage)
    Pats: Tied-19th (15 of 27, 55.6 percent)
    Colts: Tied-26th (17 of 27, 63.0 percent)
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  3. #53
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,889

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    They need to control TOP to keep it away from Brady and the Patriots' offense. If the Colts can establish a running game early, they'll be in great shape since the Pats D is 29th is passing defense, but their 6th against the run. Our defense needs to stop the run since we're 22nd, but it will be interesting how we play the passing game since we're 9th in defense against the passing game.
    "We want Miami"

  4. #54
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,404

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Early on in the year, we were getting wins at home and not playing well on the road. Well now we're learning how to win on the road.

    I think if I were in those Indy offensive meetings, the main focus would be finishing drives and converting in the red zone, which is something we haven't been doing all that well. I think if they make strides in this area against NE, we'll match them in the least. Luck has been notoriously great after long breaks throughout his college and even after our week 4 bye (we beat GB, if anyone remembers that game). You give him time to bone up on a team and he will execute.

    What I'm unclear on is how well NE will apply pressure in the front line. I thnk that's the biggest factor. If Luck can have some time, I think this game could get surprisingly out of hand. Even if he doesn't have time, I have confidence he will escape the pocket and still make them pay.

    The biggest question mark for me is how our D will hold up against their offense.

    NE isn't the team we were used to facing in the past, though... they have holes. They have great strengths, but they also have holes.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  6. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,314

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Nantz and Simms to call the Colts - Patriots game.... guess this one has a little interest.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  7. #56

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    27

    23


    another good game from Darius Butler and Donnie Avery gets over 100 receiving yards and a TD

  8. #57

    Default Re: Colts-Patriots thread

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope the line really protects Luck this week. Belecheat would like nothing better than to end Luck's career or at least his season if his players get a chance.... I know Luck is big and he is a tough kid. So is Big Ben and that injury he has may be really serious. Shoulder injuries on the throwing arm can end a career for a QB... I hope for the best for Ben and Luck....
    he was not really being classless here, just said that he hopes Luck does not get hurt with our bad line protection (it has been bad) and Bill Belichick and his players would try to hurt Luck (they probably will) nothing classless about it IMO

  9. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts-Patriots thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    he was not really being classless here, just said that he hopes Luck does not get hurt with our bad line protection (it has been bad) and Bill Belichick and his players would try to hurt Luck (they probably will) nothing classless about it IMO
    Thank you. I was caught up in the injuries to Big Ben, Cutler and Vick.... Ben's is really serious. He has a dislocated rib that could tear his aorta. That is life threatening. I would never wish an injury on anyone.... I am concerned about all of the NFL players.....

  10. #59
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,582

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Will you watch Colts-Pats this week, Blu?

  11. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Will you watch Colts-Pats this week, Blu?
    No. I won't watch as long as Luck is the QB..... I will be watching RGIII and Peyton....

  12. #61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No. I won't watch as long as Luck is the QB..... I will be watching RGIII and Peyton....
    You aren't a fan then...

  13. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You aren't a fan then...

    I have said that. When I watch them and see Luck, it just makes me angry. So, I won't be watching as long as he is the QB.....

  14. #63
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,986

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You aren't a fan then...
    Ol Blu has already admitted that. He said he's come to realize he's no longer a fan of the Colts. He says he used to be but as this season as worn on he's come to realize the changes and Irsay's leadership have changed that.

    Which is fine... Maybe we can all move on now.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  15. #64
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No. I won't watch as long as Luck is the QB..... I will be watching RGIII and Peyton....
    This is so absurd it is hard to even formulate a response. You hate the Colts because they made the right decision to part ways with Manning and draft Luck who has turned this franchise around as a rookie and will lead the Colts to a decade of success?

  16. #65
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ol Blu has already admitted that. He said he's come to realize he's no longer a fan of the Colts. He says he used to be but as this season as worn on he's come to realize the changes and Irsay's leadership have changed that.
    Irsay is looking like a genius with his decision to rebuild this franchise. The Colts went from a 2-14 trainwreck to a team with a good chance of making the playoffs in a single season. Any person that hates Irsay as a result of this never liked the Colts in the first place.
    Last edited by hoosierguy; 11-14-2012 at 09:06 PM.

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:


  18. #66
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,986

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Irsay is looking like a genius with his decision to rebuild this franchise. The Colts went from a 2-14 trainwreck to a team with a good chance of making the playoffs in a single season. Any person that hates Irsay as a result of this never liked the Colts in the first place.
    Oh, I never claimed Ol Blu was being rationale. I doubt he'd disagree. It's just that nobody needs to argue with him as to whether he's a fan or not. He's already said he's decided he's no longer a fan. He says he hates Irsay and Luck and so no longer cares about the Colts.

    Luck clearly deserves his ire because Luck had the gall to play his way into a #1 pick AND not refuse to play for the Colts. <-green
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  19. #67
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,857

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    If Luck somehow beats Brady on his first trip to Foxboro, I might be on the verge of declaring him for saint hood or beginning to prepare for the apocalypse. If it turns into a shootout, I just don't see Brady letting Luck beat him. I actually think our best chance is to try and muck this game up. Use our mid range passing game and Luck's ability to extend plays to milk clock.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  21. #68

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No. I won't watch as long as Luck is the QB..... I will be watching RGIII and Peyton....
    Why are you still posting here?

  22. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why are you still posting here?
    A poster asked me a direct question and I answered it. I still read everything but I won't be posting much.

  23. #70

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have said that. When I watch them and see Luck, it just makes me angry. So, I won't be watching as long as he is the QB.....
    ur only mad at Luck bc he is winning, like u said earlier in the year "I read all these articles by top notch reporters that say the Colts suck this year" then you bashed EVERYONE that predicted 6-11 wins. Now it's all coming back to this and ur too scared to post any info bc you are wrong all the time.

  24. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ur only mad at Luck bc he is winning, like u said earlier in the year "I read all these articles by top notch reporters that say the Colts suck this year" then you bashed EVERYONE that predicted 6-11 wins. Now it's all coming back to this and ur too scared to post any info bc you are wrong all the time.
    Think what ever you like. I have been gracious in saying that I was wrong. I am not sure I am really wrong. I think they should be 2-7 at best and I think they will tumble and play to their level but they haven't done that yet. I am not scared of anything. I just get angry when I watch the Colts and see Luck at QB. I may come back when he is gone if I am still around..... Most of my problems with the Colts are related to Irsay.....
    Last edited by OlBlu; 11-15-2012 at 08:45 AM.

  25. #72
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,582

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Irsay is looking like a genius with his decision to rebuild this franchise. The Colts went from a 2-14 trainwreck to a team with a good chance of making the playoffs in a single season. Any person that hates Irsay as a result of this never liked the Colts in the first place.

    I'm glad that Irsay is showing the world that the Indianapolis Colts can succeed without Peyton Manning. I always hated the idea amongst Colts fans and NFL fans as a whole that the Colts franchise would disintegrate into dust once Manning left and never be heard from again. We are clearly going to be just fine without him. I'm as big a Peyton fan as anyone, but I'm glad that the Colts are showing that they can be successful without him.

    Irsay has done nothing but win since he took over in 1997. He got a palace of a stadium built that hosted a Super Bowl. The franchise has given a ton back to the community in recent years. We haven't had a blackout in almost 9 years and I don't think we'll have another one for a looooooooong time.

    Seems like everything Irsay does works out pretty well....

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  27. #73
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,857

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Honestly, with the Colts apparently recovering so quickly from losing Manning and the Packers recent recovery of life after Favre, the old myth that it is tough to survive once you lose a franchise QB is kind of looking outdated. (And maybe it was never really true anyway see the 49ers going from Montana to Young). The NFL is definitely set up differently than the NBA in the sense that if you are a well run franchise you can recover pretty much at any time regardless of who you just lost.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  29. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm glad that Irsay is showing the world that the Indianapolis Colts can succeed without Peyton Manning. I always hated the idea amongst Colts fans and NFL fans as a whole that the Colts franchise would disintegrate into dust once Manning left and never be heard from again. We are clearly going to be just fine without him. I'm as big a Peyton fan as anyone, but I'm glad that the Colts are showing that they can be successful without him.

    Irsay has done nothing but win since he took over in 1997. He got a palace of a stadium built that hosted a Super Bowl. The franchise has given a ton back to the community in recent years. We haven't had a blackout in almost 9 years and I don't think we'll have another one for a looooooooong time.

    Seems like everything Irsay does works out pretty well....
    That stadium is the house that Peyton built. Without Peyton Manning, they would be the LA Colts by now.... Somewhere down the line within ten years, Luck will suffer an injury and Irsay will drop him just like he did Peyton and sell out the entire team and start rebuilding again..... If I were Luck, I would not sign a new contract with the Colts and I would move on to a team that has more respect for its superstars..... but, if I had been Luck, I would have refused to be drafted by Indy and I would not have signed ala John Elway and Eli Manning....

  30. #75
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    he was not really being classless here, just said that he hopes Luck does not get hurt with our bad line protection (it has been bad) and Bill Belichick and his players would try to hurt Luck (they probably will) nothing classless about it IMO
    I know what you meant. However, as written, you just said there is nothing classless about trying to hurt someone.

Similar Threads

  1. Colts - Pats moved to a 4:25 start
    By Sollozzo in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-06-2012, 07:32 PM
  2. Colts vs. Pats
    By travmil in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 179
    Last Post: 11-19-2009, 03:16 PM
  3. To the Pats fans; Colts or Chargers?
    By Shade in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-13-2008, 03:26 PM
  4. Just how big a Colts/Pats AFCCG will be..
    By Sollozzo in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-04-2008, 04:43 PM
  5. Predict Game 1 Colts @ Pats
    By Lord Helmet in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-09-2004, 07:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •