Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Colts/Pats --- here we go again

This could get interesting. NE is one of the best teams we'll face this year, but they aren't without their warts. Your first inclination is to assume that Indy will get fairly handled, especially since it's in NE. BUT.... there's some things lining up here.

First, guess who has a better record as of right now? NE? You'd be wrong!

1) Indy's D isn't great, but it's balanced. It's middle-of-the-pack. We stop the run and the pass almost equally.
    2) NE has a defensive imbalance. They play the run well while not playing the pass well at all.
    3) Indy's offense is pass-happy, and not entirely effective running the ball. What this means is... NE's weakness, just happens to be one our strengths. NE's strength on D just so happens to be a part of our offense we don't necessarily have to rely on, as proven this year by Mr. Luck.
    4) NE's offense is much more balanced and strong.

So NE's very good balanced offense is going up against our medium-to-good defense. NE likely won't tromp all over Indy, but I expect they'll still get close to their normal output.
    Indy's offense, however, could really have a field day against their pass defense.

Indy also has a week and a half to recover and gameplan; its almost like having a bye week. We play a little worse when on the road, however.

The head says that NE will probly win this. But the heart says, Indy could really do something here. I'm goin with both. This will be one of our toughest games to date. If this was played in Indy, I might even go so far as to say Indy had the overall advantage. But it's in NE... it's gonna be ugly there.

Luck could really put on a show, tho.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Colts/Pats --- here we go again

NE will simply shread our defense if we don't get some guys back healthy. If Davis and Mathis are ready to play then NE will dink and dunk all day and still score effortlessly. Hopefully we don't have to get into a shoot out but that is what I expect. If that is the case I think our franchise QB will take a few steps back in this game because of thinking we have to score on every possession (sound familiar) but still a good learning day.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NE will simply shread our defense if we don't get some guys back healthy. If Davis and Mathis are ready to play then NE will dink and dunk all day and still score effortlessly. Hopefully we don't have to get into a shoot out but that is what I expect. If that is the case I think our franchise QB will take a few steps back in this game because of thinking we have to score on every possession (sound familiar) but still a good learning day.
    I don't know... We have better coaching and a still young QB. So he might listen to the coaches who might actually try and rein him in and give him a decent game plan. So he might not get caught up into thinking we need to score on every play of every possession.

Then again NE will go out of their way to confuse and test him... Can he and the staff prepare him for that?

I'm sure a NE battle-tested Reggie will have some words of advice for him... though they might just be "get me the ball"

It will be a nice test and lesson for the Colts. This team has shown it knows how to win so a loss to NE would be nothing to hang our heads about. And a win would really send a collective 'Wow!' up in Coltsland.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Hopefully we don't have to get into a shoot out but that is what I expect.
    Keep in mind it takes two teams to get into a shootout. Something that Polian never figured out.... or allowed his coaching staff not to figure out. If one of the teams wants to race up and down the field scoring early and often the other team can do everything in their power to slow the game down, limit possessions for that other team, put pressure on their every possession not to make a mistake, and keep the game in spitting distance.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Hopefully this Thursday night can give the Colts the edge they need. 3 extra days to prep, and 3 days to get healthy. So glad they flexed the game so I can watch it

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

Davis and Mathis need to play for us to have a chance. Even then it's a slim chance, but that's what I said about the Packers game.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Yeah I might need a little more faith and should give a little more praise for the Colts defense this year. Cory Redding has been a God send. No more 6'2 down linemen at 264 thank you very much.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

13. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think the "gulf" between NE and Indy isn't as big as people may think. I do think NE beign at home makes them the favorite, but I never discount Luck and Co., even if they're down, and our defense, while giving a play here and there, seems to make plays when needed.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I am expecting a thrilling Colts' victory. Luck will shred their suspect defense. Rivalry is just as big as ever!
    David "And One" West

As I have said for the past 10+ years: F*** the Pats.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

17. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Yeah I might need a little more faith and should give a little more praise for the Colts defense this year. Cory Redding has been a God send. No more 6'2 down linemen at 264 thank you very much.
    I think people underestimate how important Cory Redding is to this offense. You go watch all the times he doesn't play: our defensive line gets shredded on the ground. It's amazing how good a fit he is to this defense.

We absolutely need Mathis, Davis, and Powers even to win this game. I'd also like to have our offensive line back as well as Fleener to open up the pass game.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

If we somehow win this game then we are easily the biggest story in the NFL.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Get ready for a full week of hearing about how Belichick will "try to confuse the rookie" and "welcome him to the NFL." I think Luck will be fine, but our defense will get roasted, I'm afraid.

I'm thinking something like 38-17.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I honestly have no idea what to expect out of this game. I could easily see the Pats taking a big lead early, and Luck leading the Colts back. Should be a high scoring affair for at least one team, neither defense is all that impressive.

Well they lost Bolden to PED use. One less back for them to throw at us I suppose

I think it'll end up being 40-17 or something in that range. They're too good offensively for our defense to be of any use. And we're playing on the road, too. I don't think Luck will have any problems with "pressure", but he'll make a mistake or 2.

Thankfully we play Buffalo at home after that.

Mood

I have not being paying attention to the Pats at all this year. I know they're really good (at least the offense is), so I'm just going to assume this will unfortunately be in the L column.

Pats - 24
    Colts - 13
    Never half-a** two things. Whole-a** one thing.

This game is a must win for Indy. We need this victory to get us closer to home field advantage if we play NE again in the playoffs. A record of 12-4 and a division championship isn't that far out of reach
    David "And One" West

This will be a good barometer for the Colts. Its one thing to beat the unsuspecting Packers at home, its a whole different story going against the Pats on the road, and they know you can play.

Go Colts

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This game is a must win for Indy. We need this victory to get us closer to home field advantage if we play NE again in the playoffs. A record of 12-4 and a division championship isn't that far out of reach

I want to win this game more than anything, but it's hardly a "must win". It's not like our season is screwed if we lose it. We have the Bills at Lucas the week after.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I want to win this game more than anything, but it's hardly a "must win". It's not like our season is screwed if we lose it. We have the Bills at Lucas the week after.
    It is a "must win" if we want home field advantage in the playoffs.
    David "And One" West

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

6-1 here on out is pretty damn optimistic lol

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    6-1 here on out is pretty damn optimistic lol

its also realistic based on our remaining schedule. If we get past NE, no other team on the schedule scares me. We play Houston twice, and I guarantee that we will win at least one of those games. My pre-season prediction of 10 wins was too conservative
    David "And One" West

Sports Logo Sports Logo

its also realistic based on our remaining schedule. If we get past NE, no other team on the schedule scares me. We play Houston twice, and I guarantee that we will win at least one of those games. My pre-season prediction of 10 wins was too conservative
    You can expect we'll lose a game or two that we shouldn't. I would call 6-1 best-case scenario, rather than realistic.

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Guarantee. Hmmm.....