Thread: Are the Pacers Looking too Far Ahead?

Default Are the Pacers Looking too Far Ahead?

"Iím really just focused on getting through the first round and then worrying about other things later, because thatís really our No.1 goal."

That was a quote by Rick

Everyone seems to be talking about a championship but what Rick said is exactly correct. I just hope we don't go into the first round with the number one seed and a record of 60-22 and think it will be a cakewalk.

In business there is the notion that you can't really start thinking about becoming extremely successful until you've had your first taste of it.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Are the Pacers Looking too Far Ahead?

I don't think the Pacers are looking too far ahead. They all seem pretty focused on the first round. But their obvious goal is to win the Championship. That's not a bad thing. I think the fans might be looking to far ahead though.

Yeah, they might be looking too far ahead, too.

Rick? He doesn't look any farther ahead than the next 6-point run!
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Yeah, they might be looking too far ahead, too.
    I fixed it for him.

I fixed it for him.

Fans can look ahead. What difference does it make? I'm really looking forward to playing the Grizzlies in the 2006 Finals.

JO, Reg, Foster, Al...at the very least these guys have been around for our last 3 first round losses. I'm confident the P's will be ready to rock in April, May AND June.

The Pacers have gotten bounced in the 1st rd each of the last 3 years - I doubt they'll look past it this year. To be honest I don't think they looked past it the last two years either. The first two they got beat in competitive series by a better team (eventual conf champs) and last year they were playing suck ball coming into the playoffs and kept it up for Boston.

Besides, I don't see any of the current lower seeds giving them much trouble. Maybe the Knicks but my guess is we'll be at 5 or 6 by then. Even if we're not, Marbury isn't THAT good - he'll give you some trouble but without a post presence we can't beat you if you play your game.

You know who WOULD scare me if I were Indy? Cleveland. If they get in you have some explosive players, a post presence (two actually the way Boozer's been playing) and a ton of athleticism.

Maybe scare is too strong of a term but I sure wouldn't want to do anything but grind the life out of them every chance you get - give them some air and they could be dangerous.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

I agree about the Cavs. That is a team that could get better rapidly and they already have more than their share of stud ball players.

My main concern is can we turn it up a notch? The last 3 years it seemed that we didn't have that sense of urgency, that killer instinct that teams bring to the playoffs.

I'm hoping that we're not playing playoff basketball now, only to not be able to match the intensity that the other teams are going to bring.