Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Granger Injury Update

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Granger Injury Update

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah. Pacers and Bulls both hit the lottery due to injury to their primary scorer. Guess which one would get the actual #1 pick. Go on. Guess.

I'll give you a hint.

N_t _ndia__.

Another hint?

_ulls
    That's what the thought when the lost their best player and stole some guy from Wake Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    No thanks. Zeller has "bust" written all over him.... He shares some traits that have limited his brothers...... I think he will be a career back up in the NBA... Plus, he plays for Indiana who just had two recruits have to pay back money for things a "booster" gave to them. Some things never change.... They will be allowed to rejoin the team. Do you think they would ever have come back for Bobby Knight? Let me help you with that, "NO" .
    DELETION - ADMIN NOTE: Come on, now, this is going to stop.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow we're already talking lottery after 5 games the only way we get a lottery pick this year is if we trade for one

GRANGER!! FOR THE WIN.............. IT'S GOOD!!!!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oz_pacer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    According to Wells on the radio show he expects this 3 months to be longer, he said that teams usually give optimistic dates regarding injuries, I agree with him.
    I hope not.... while not an expert I did talk to an xray person who said if Granger isn't back by 3 months there is more going on and he's got an arthritic knee that will probably never heal properly. Of course just their opinion but it's something they see often.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

So...I was at Detour in Carmel tonight to watch the Colts game, and who should come in but Danny. Here's the bad news. He can't put any weight on his bad leg. Not even to walk from table to table. He came in on crutches and hopped from table to table while leaning on chairs. So I'm gonna have to say something more than just a shot was done to that knee. He was moving around without crutches at the home opener last Saturday.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 11-09-2012 at 01:21 PM.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    So...I was at Detour in Carmel tonight to watch the Colts game, and who should come in but Danny. Here's the bad news. He can't put any wait on his bad leg. Not even to walk from table to table. He came in on crutches and hopped from table to table while leaning on chairs. So I'm gonna have to say something more than just a shot was done to that knee. He was moving around without crutches at the home opener last Saturday.
    Damn, yeah that sounds bad.

Mood

Like I said at time the shot story was reported I've had knee surgeries 13 weeks is about the right rehab time after a scope .

So...I was at Detour in Carmel tonight to watch the Colts game, and who should come in but Danny. Here's the bad news. He can't put any wait on his bad leg. Not even to walk from table to table. He came in on crutches and hopped from table to table while leaning on chairs. So I'm gonna have to say something more than just a shot was done to that knee. He was moving around without crutches at the home opener last Saturday.
    Did you chat him up for a bit? I would let him how alot of the fans are eating their crow from talking all that **** over the years about him and his overall impact to the team.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Why didn't they actually get his knee fixed properly in the offseason? They said it happened during the Miami series. This is 6 months between then and now. 6 months. I mean, why wait until the season opener to give him this injection?
    Thank you Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by 31andonly View Post
    Why didn't they actually get his knee fixed properly in the offseason? They said it happened during the Miami series. This is 6 months between then and now. 6 months. I mean, why wait until the season opener to give him this injection?
    They tried. People aren't robots.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So I'm gonna have to say something more than just a shot was done to that knee. He was moving around without crutches at the home opener last Saturday.
    OR the healing regimen is to stop putting any weight on the knee so that it will heal. A smart player is going to take that pretty seriously and treat it as if it was unable to take weight.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    OR the healing regimen is to stop putting any weight on the knee so that it will heal. A smart player is going to take that pretty seriously and treat it as if it was unable to take weight.
    Sure, Bill that could absolutely be the case and I don't have the medical degree to know for sure either way. Just passing on the info.

Or could it maybe be that the only way to try to heal up is completely resting the knee, so they put his weight off of it to max that out? Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    Or could it maybe be that the only way to try to heal up is completely resting the knee, so they put his weight off of it to max that out? Just wondering.
    I don't know. With my knee injury last year, I could put weight on the knee, but I had to wear a heavy brace. Now everyone's knee is different so I really can't say, plus Danny and I do not have the same injury. Mine was more dramatic in the sense that it came from one play and a big twist to the knee (three bone bruises, a partially dislocated patella, and strains to the ACL, MCL, PCL, and LCL), not a problem that is more, I don't know, chronic in nature (which is kind of what I am understanding tendonosis to be, though I think am more susceptible to it now)? Again I'm not a medical pro by any means, but the way Danny was moving last night, just being an average Joe who has also had a knee injury, I'd say something else was done to the knee, but who knows. Maybe if it was another platelet rich injection the idea is to keep it completely free of weight for period of time to maximize the healing done. I just have no idea. To me the weird thing was not only the way he moved, but also he held the leg. I know in PT on my knee, movement for the knee was important. To break up scar tissue and to help regain your range of motion. Again though different injuries so I am just speculating and passing along the news. I think we can say this for sure, Danny is hurt, very hurt, and very seriously and we all need to hope that 3 months is actually accurate. That was not a healthy guy I saw last night. I will say he seemed to be in good spirits though and the fact that he was out at all was a good sign. I think his wife was with him and helping him around. Looked like they were meeting up with some friends, so to answer graphic-er's question, no I didn't chat him up or bother him. He had a few people do that, I figured he'd probably rather just enjoy his evening and watch the Colts.

After a surgery wouldn't there be a brace of some kind even if the doctor said "crutches and no weight on it"? Or would swelling preclude that?

I agree though... more than likely more was done than an injection. Out 3 months for an injection treatment sounds suspect.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

The injection was probably for short term. Some injuries just require rest. Nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Did you chat him up for a bit? I would let him how alot of the fans are eating their crow from talking all that **** over the years about him and his overall impact to the team.
    No one doubted his importance to the team. I wish people would stop saying that. If anything people argued he was too important to the team. He's not good enough to be your best player and face of the franchise.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

I don't know. With my knee injury last year, I could put weight on the knee, but I had to wear a heavy brace. Now everyone's knee is different so I really can't say, plus Danny and I do not have the same injury. Mine was more dramatic in the sense that it came from one play and a big twist to the knee (three bone bruises, a partially dislocated patella, and strains to the ACL, MCL, PCL, and LCL), not a problem that is more, I don't know, chronic in nature (which is kind of what I am understanding tendonosis to be, though I think am more susceptible to it now)? Again I'm not a medical pro by any means, but the way Danny was moving last night, just being an average Joe who has also had a knee injury, I'd say something else was done to the knee, but who knows. Maybe if it was another platelet rich injection the idea is to keep it completely free of weight for period of time to maximize the healing done. I just have no idea. To me the weird thing was not only the way he moved, but also he held the leg. I know in PT on my knee, movement for the knee was important. To break up scar tissue and to help regain your range of motion. Again though different injuries so I am just speculating and passing along the news. I think we can say this for sure, Danny is hurt, very hurt, and very seriously and we all need to hope that 3 months is actually accurate. That was not a healthy guy I saw last night. I will say he seemed to be in good spirits though and the fact that he was out at all was a good sign. I think his wife was with him and helping him around. Looked like they were meeting up with some friends, so to answer graphic-er's question, no I didn't chat him up or bother him. He had a few people do that, I figured he'd probably rather just enjoy his evening and watch the Colts.
    How did you strain the PCL? Just curious because the PCL is usually injured by either a car accident or like a lineman getting hit below the waist from the back
    Sittin on top of the world!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    After a surgery wouldn't there be a brace of some kind even if the doctor said "crutches and no weight on it"? Or would swelling preclude that?

I agree though... more than likely more was done than an injection. Out 3 months for an injection treatment sounds suspect.
    Yeah this is starting to look like Dunleavy all over again, by the way I don't understand their explanation that Danny got hurt during the playoffs, I remember that Danny didn't play the last five games of the regular season so he could rest the knee, so which one is it? was he hurt and got worse on the playoffs? or did he injured the other knee?

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    No one doubted his importance to the team. I wish people would stop saying that. If anything people argued he was too important to the team. He's not good enough to be your best player and face of the franchise.
    But yet we finished 5th best record in the league last year.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

i hope this doesn't turn into another one of those j.o./bender issues of a chronic knee situation that never gets better, only worse.
    i have seen that show a few times too many already.
    as far the impact it has had- i don't know, i understand danny isn't the point guard but his absence likely has had an impact in the way the team operates overall.
    frankly, when i pulled some stats from usa today and saw these stats- it is surprising we have even won 1 game "They are 25th in the league in scoring, 26th in field goal percentage, 28th in assists and 30th in the league in turnovers."
    those number MUST get better and quickly or they are going to be getting beaten a bunch this year. they HAVE been playing some good defense this year so there is that but, fix everything else that is broken or screwed up and that includes pretty much everything else.
    Last edited by clownskull; 11-09-2012 at 07:00 PM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Same injury that ended Benders career. Guy on the radio said Duncan has had it for 10 years in his shoulder. He said if they can control it he will be fine if not it could be a career ender. Guy stresses its serious and he would be imobilelized for almost the whole 3 months. Likely won't be in playing shape for another month if the PCP works.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Who and what would be served by keeping surgery a secret?

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Guy who was just on 1070 with Brunner said that it's normal to stay off it for awhile. Surgery is the next option if PCP doesn't work but he said people don't come back from that surgery.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    I think is possible that some fans won't buy tickets if they know Danny had surgery and is likely to be out for the season, again by listening to Wells he seems to be saying that the 3 months the Pacers are suggesting is best case scenario, Wells also said that teams do this as a way to keep fans interested on the team and this is not the first time he sees this happening.