Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 202

Thread: Granger Injury Update

  1. #126
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,210

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger Injury Update

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Time to hit the cellar for Zeller!!
    Yeah...I doubt that the Pacers do that.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  2. #127
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,165

    Default Re: Granger Injury Update

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Um...didn't we draft a shooter?

    If you really need spacing, far more than you need to avoid other issues like rookie mistakes or awareness errors at either end, then it's time to let Orlando take some jumpers.
    He's definitely a shooter, but apparently not a maker.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  4. #128
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,583
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger Injury Update

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's definitely a shooter, but apparently not a maker.

  5. #129
    Redemption. docpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    1,686

    Default Re: Granger Injury Update

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guys, Paul isn't the one that has to step up his game. Hill and Roy are the 2 making the big bucks. Time to start playing like you are worth the $$
    It's a team sport. Better midrange and outside shooting opens up the floor and allows Hibbert and West some space to do their work.

    Given that the whole offense is predicated around feeding the post, this poses a problem. The team hasn't adjusted to that yet. In the first game of the season, there was a lot of beautiful ball movement in the first quarter, especially by Hibbert and George... and then once the defense recognized that our outside shot was broke, they capitalized on this and took us completely out of our game plan.

    Rewatch the games this season so far carefully, and you'll see teams defensively loading the box, forcing poor ball movement and lots of outside shooting early in the clock.

    Looks like Beckley Mason agrees:

    http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...-danny-granger

  6. #130

    Default Re: Granger Injury Update

    Mike Wells‏@MikeWellsNBA

    The Pacers have already reached out to the agent of free agent swingman Mickael Pietrus as a possible replacement in the lineup
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  7. #131
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,326

    Default Re: Granger Injury Update

    As I've stated before, I view this team without Granger the same way I view this team before we got David West: Not a playoff team, and in for some rough times. West and Hibbert make a good scoring pair, but I think realistically for us to get good spacing and offensive flow we need all three on the court, and our replacement level players in green and Young are definitely not up to par, at least in my opinion. I think we're gonna see some rough ball, some stuff that might remind you of the he who shall not be named era of play. I don't think our offense will be good enough without Granger. For better or worse, we could always give him the ball and expect some type of shot to come out. Now, who can we give the ball to do create offense? With that in mind, I think we'll look for spacing (yes, the s word) to try to create.

    In another sense, I'm also worried that without Granger, we might find some other flaws with our players. I think if we ask Hill, Hibbert, etc to take a lot of offensive load, we will find out what kind of players they are. Maybe we'll see the press to hard, maybe they'll lose their shot or their confidence. I say that especially to Hibbert, who has been inconsistent and if he plays poorly without Granger, I'm not sure if the negativity won't get to him. Hill I'm less worried about, since he went through the pressure cooker that is coach Pop, but sometimes I worry that if his shot goes he might not do well in other areas of the game. And then the offensive pressure on George is going to be pretty high, and we'll see what kind of load he can bear. In this sense some of this might be a blessing because we get to see what they can do.

    In a sense, having these young guys playing without Granger is pretty nice when we know that now he isn't going to be back for 3 months. Now that we know, we have to play through it and see what we really have. I still think we can make the playoffs with this team, although I don't think we should, and at the very least we could use that confidence boost.

    Random thought:

    This is also probably the last year of the David West era, at least in my opinion. I appreciate what he's brought to our team and he's done a great job, but this is the last year of his contract, and going by the types of players that Pritchard has brought in, as well as his track record (Mahinmi, Augustin, Green) he seems to value athletes. West is on the decline in that perspective and I'm not quite sure we would want him back, especially since we'll have around 10 million in cap space this offseason (give or take, depending on draft position, hansborough QO, etc etc) to make a run for Josh Smith. I view Smith as someone that Pritchard will go after hard, because of his ability to defend multiple positions, someone who can switch off on guarding Lebron and Bosh. Pritchard is a smart GM, he sees that, and while I appreciate what West has brought to the team and would have loved to make a good run with him, I think we're definitely going to see the end of the West era, and this is a rough way to go, with Granger out. I bring this up because I wouldn't be surprised to see Pritchard try to make a move to get an asset back for West, maybe a pick or something, if we continue to slide.

  8. #132
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,038

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger Injury Update

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Time to hit the cellar for Zeller!!
    Yeah. Pacers and Bulls both hit the lottery due to injury to their primary scorer. Guess which one would get the actual #1 pick. Go on. Guess.

    I'll give you a hint.

    N_t _ndia__.

    Another hint?

    _ulls
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  10. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Granger Injury Update

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah. Pacers and Bulls both hit the lottery due to injury to their primary scorer. Guess which one would get the actual #1 pick. Go on. Guess.

    I'll give you a hint.

    N_t _ndia__.

    Another hint?

    _ulls
    You are funny

  11. #134
    Member Erndog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    14

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Injury Update

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, this just means that PG has to grow up much sooner than we thought. He may not want it...but he's going to have to be "The Man" now.

    Frankly, I don't think that PG is ready nor willing to be "The Man".

    Can someone give him the same stuff that West and GH takes before the start of each game so that he's more aggressive?

    Honestly, if that's true that's sad.

    Winners always want the ball. Always want to be the man. Always want to take charge, lead, win, etc. No matter their age or situation, etc.

    If PG isn't willing to be the man he will never be... and will be the type of guy who just quits when the going gets tough (ala Vince Carter for example).

    I hope you're wrong.

  12. #135

    Default Re: Granger Injury Update

    George Hill is the player most capable of picking up a majority of the scoring load. He has a great mid-range game that he rarely takes advantage of, but if he decided to he could score 15-17ppg.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  14. #136
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,956

    Default Re: Granger Injury Update

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol cept he's out for the year with a knee injury.
    He wouldn't be in the same situation if he was still on the Pacers.

  15. #137
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,580

    Default Re: Granger Injury Update

    How is Danny's worth to the team impacted? I mean for his next contract? Is he more valued now because you see what life without him looks like? Is he less valuable from being injured? There are some interesting choice coming around.

    Count me in the camp that you had to sign Roy, but it becomes more apparent how that impacts your team structure, when you have that kind of money committed to one player. I think the team, fans, and even Roy himself will be much harsher on him if this turns into a losing environment.

    Everything thats been said today, if you win the next 3 and play well doing it, everything will be good again. Funny how that works.

  16. #138
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,892

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger Injury Update

    Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He wouldn't be in the same situation if he was still on the Pacers.
    huh? How do we know that? An injury can happen to anyone at anytime. Just because he was in GS doesn't mean he wouldn't have had the same injury with the Pacers.

  17. #139
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,583
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger Injury Update

    We know what this means:

    MOAR PLUMLEE!

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:


  19. #140
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,956

    Default Re: Granger Injury Update

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    huh? How do we know that? An injury can happen to anyone at anytime. Just because he was in GS doesn't mean he wouldn't have had the same injury with the Pacers.
    It doesn't mean aliens wouldn't have abducted him either. He tore it by landing a certain way in a certain situation. That situation wouldn't have happened here. A different situation may have happened, but not the same one.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:


  21. #141
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger Injury Update

    I expect Green to turn it up soon also. He's beginning to adjust better here and is scoring better than in his first two games. He's playing more like himself.
    Last edited by Trophy; 11-07-2012 at 04:07 PM.

  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:


  23. #142
    On the Vogel Wagon gummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,926
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger Injury Update

    My League Pass expenditure is suddenly looking more expensive in terms of dollar to entertainment value ratio.

    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

    "Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when it is done to others." - William Greider

  24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:


  25. #143
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,752

    Default Re: Granger Injury Update

    Maybe we can go out and and play more loose now. Unburdened by expectations.

  26. #144
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,604

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger Injury Update

    Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe we can go out and and play more loose now. Unburdened by expectations.
    At the very least, it's now do or die time for Paul George, Roy Hibbert, and George Hill. Danny Granger is not walking through that door until at least February and those 3 are gonna be the ones facing the blame if they don't man up here.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  27. #145
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger Injury Update

    So does this mean we are not going to win the central now?

    Rose and Granger come back around the same time now
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

  28. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Granger Injury Update

    According to Wells on the radio show he expects this 3 months to be longer, he said that teams usually give optimistic dates regarding injuries, I agree with him.

  29. #147
    PROUD 2 B A PACERS FAN! xtacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    TURKEY
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,753

    Default Re: Granger Injury Update

    Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My League Pass expenditure is suddenly looking more expensive in terms of dollar to entertainment value ratio.

    same here.

  30. #148
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Granger Injury Update

    Too soon to be officially on the "Danny Granger expiring contract watch"? two more years right?

  31. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger Injury Update

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah. Pacers and Bulls both hit the lottery due to injury to their primary scorer. Guess which one would get the actual #1 pick. Go on. Guess.

    I'll give you a hint.

    N_t _ndia__.

    Another hint?

    _ulls
    No thanks. Zeller has "bust" written all over him.... He shares some traits that have limited his brothers...... I think he will be a career back up in the NBA... Plus, he plays for Indiana who just had two recruits have to pay back money for things a "booster" gave to them. Some things never change.... They will be allowed to rejoin the team. Do you think they would ever have come back for Bobby Knight? Let me help you with that, "NO" .

  32. #150
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,615

    Default Re: Injury Update

    Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're seriously about to see what Paul George is made of. Pretty tough to put all of this on him at such an early stage of his career, but I dont think he has a choice now.
    Unfortunately I think we already know
    Sittin on top of the world!

Similar Threads

  1. Pacers injury update 01/17/12 Foster out for two weeks.
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 01-18-2012, 05:28 PM
  2. Small D. WEst Injury Update
    By Constellations in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-25-2011, 11:22 AM
  3. Replies: 84
    Last Post: 06-25-2008, 05:48 PM
  4. Colts injury update - NFL Week 10
    By Lord Helmet in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-09-2007, 06:27 PM
  5. Update update: 4 updates and counting........
    By Natston in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-21-2004, 02:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •