Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Granger Injury Update

Default Re: Injury Update

Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not a baseball fan. What does it mean?
    He's a world class surgeon, he's the sports surgeon to the stars, Jordan of surgeons. You don't see him for an "injection."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    I'm not a baseball fan. What does it mean?
    That this is something serious and they had the best of the best look at the injury.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Granger Injury Update

How many of you who are saying this is extreme have ever recovered from this sort of thing or are a medical professional? Any of you? I don't mean to be a jerk, but as someone who has actually hurt their knee and has dealt with the after effects of it (which are pretty much always there in my experience so far) 3 months doesn't seem crazy at all for a pro bball player.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Boy, with this news it sure is a good thing the Pacers went out and really strengthened their bench this past offseason...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cinotimz For This Useful Post:

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Um...didn't we draft a shooter?

If you really need spacing, far more than you need to avoid other issues like rookie mistakes or awareness errors at either end, then it's time to let Orlando take some jumpers.

Plus as much as I'm concerned with the shooting, it is feasible that Young hit 34% (2nd season), Paul hit 38% (he just did), DJ hit 34% (his career is 37%), and Green to hit 37-38% (he hit 39% last year). They aren't making the shots, but they are getting shots that they've all made in the past at a much better rate.

You don't need Barbosa or DJones, you need JAMES Jones here. They never should have let his shooting go. But that's spilled milk.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

pretty sure Kapono's a free agent. no clue if he's healthy.

I have enough vacation time to take a 10 day.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Same. 3 months seems pretty damn drastic for an injection. Either it's not the whole story or it's "full recovery" in 3 months with him playing before.
    Its not the injection, its the tendonitiis. The injection has nothing to do with the timing, that's just the procedure used.

I'm guessing three months is a back-on-the-court date, not a return-to-practice date. Because I've heard 6-8 weeks of rest many, many times over the years for knee tendonitiis, and then a month to get strength back in the knee and to get in shape seems about right.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    I look at it from the other end...you don't know what we have yet because it's only been 4 games. If they're playing this bad after 40 games, then we have some problems.

What we know after 4 games is that even though these guys have played about as bad as they possibly can, (with Green showing some signs of coming out of it) they still have been able to replace the production that the other guys provided. It's only been 4 games with the 4 new bench players, and each have shown to be better than what they've shown. If they improve--even a little (or if you're Augustine, A LOT) then our bench is in good shape.
    Maybe you don't know what he have but I do, is not like we are talking about some rookies here, I've seen this guys play for a long time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    He's a world class surgeon, he's the sports surgeon to the stars, Jordan of surgeons. You don't see him for an "injection."
    Isn't he the one that performed surgeries on Tmac, Broy and other players?

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Isn't he the one that performed surgeries on Tmac, Broy and other players?
    Don't know about TMac but I do think he's the guy that did Roy's.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    lol at the bring back Barbosa and Amundson comments. Exactly what this team doesn't need. Talk about re-writing history.

We need a solid shooter. We obviously won't find another Granger but someone who can just come off the bench and get hot from 3. George needs to step his defense up, Stephenson and Green need to make better decisions, and Hibbert needs to sack up big time. This could be an opportunity for great growth for the bench players and young players, or it could demoralize and end the season. It's up to them.

To those that have wanted to trade Granger while his value was high, I must say your opinion is looking pretty good right now. I wasn't in that camp, but I wanted Wilson Chandler in the worse way when he came back mid season last year from China. I advocated getting him as Granger's b/u and future replacement.

The Nuggets re-signed him for an average of 6.5 mil for 4 years. As a former starter, he's a reserve behind Gallinari. I'd hope now the Pacers would be on the phone trying to make a trade to get him! I'd love to see him in a Pacers uni.

People are panicking way too much. It's only been 4 games. Even the Heat have lost a game. It's too early to panic.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dgranger33 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dgranger33 View Post
    People are panicking way too much. It's only been 4 games. Even the Heat have lost a game. It's too early to panic.
    wrong thread maybe?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to xtacy For This Useful Post:

Man, talk about the sky is falling.

Look, not having Granger is a big loss, of course.

But it's not clear why people are jumping to conclusions that Granger had surgery, that things are being hidden from the fans, etc.

He went to a renowned orthopedic surgeon, and they decided to treat his injury conservatively, because it's freaking tendonosis. Not tendonitis. This means he's had chronic patellar tendon injury, and got some sort of Vitamin E injection to stimulate more rapid redevelopment of the tendon. When you have chronic tendonitis, you need to rest. Period.

I know that the team has gotten off to a very sluggish shooting start. However, there's no question that George has the capacity to be that scorer. Will he step up? Seems like a fun thing to watch. From my vantage point, this is just accelerating the very natural process of player refresh that was inevitable anyways. Granger's contract is coming closer to it's conclusion, and so we needed to figure out the next step anyways. Green has also showed the ability to be a scorer.

I can see nervous mode after 10-15 games... not quite yet.

Today's information basically is a direct message to Paul George: "time to put on your big boy pants".
    Last edited by docpaul; 11-07-2012 at 12:05 PM.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:

Lou gives you energy toughness, easy garbage buckets. DC is better than Augustine really all around. Barbosa is exactly what you need with instant offense, easy transition buckets (both ways), D Jones is way more physical/savvy defensively than Young so far. I mean they are better, thats really it.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Maybe you don't know what he have but I do, is not like we are talking about some rookies here, I've seen this guys play for a long time.
    A long time? None of these guys have even hit their 27th bday yet. Mahinmi was a key player on the Mavs championship team, DJ has been a double figure scorer nd 4-6 assists per game guy, nd Green put up decent numbers on a bad team (the sane way Barbosa did when on Toronto--long after his Brazillisn blur days in PHX)

They aren't stars nd prob not even starters but to act like they've been really bad players their entire career is just not correct.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    I know that the team has gotten off to a very sluggish shooting start. However, there's no question that George has the capacity to be that scorer. Will he step up? Seems like a fun thing to watch. From my vantage point, this is just accelerating the very natural process of player refresh that was inevitable anyways. Granger's contract is coming closer to it's conclusion, and so we needed to figure out the next step anyways. Green has also showed the ability to be a scorer.
    I'd say there absolutely is a question about whether or not George has the capacity to be that scorer.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

In the short run this is bad, but in the long run it could be very beneficial. Now all we need is for PG, Hill, Hibbs, Lance and Green to step up. But mainly PG and Hibbs to step it up 100 fold.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    I'd say there absolutely is a question about whether or not George has the capacity to be that scorer.
    You took what I said into a different context. He is very capable. That goes without saying. Whether he lives up to that now is an open question.

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/pla...te/paul-george

As Brandon Rush said to me last year, the only question around Paul George is whether he has the mental fortitude and "alpha dog" mentality to be elite. I think we're about to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    lol at the bring back Barbosa and Amundson comments. Exactly what this team doesn't need. Talk about re-writing history.

We need a solid shooter. We obviously won't find another Granger but someone who can just come off the bench and get hot from 3. George needs to step his defense up, Stephenson and Green need to make better decisions, and Hibbert needs to sack up big time. This could be an opportunity for great growth for the bench players and young players, or it could demoralize and end the season. It's up to them.
    Michael Redd anybody?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    To those that have wanted to trade Granger while his value was high, I must say your opinion is looking pretty good right now. I wasn't in that camp, but I wanted Wilson Chandler in the worse way when he came back mid season last year from China. I advocated getting him as Granger's b/u and future replacement.

The Nuggets re-signed him for an average of 6.5 mil for 4 years. As a former starter, he's a reserve behind Gallinari. I'd hope now the Pacers would be on the phone trying to make a trade to get him! I'd love to see him in a Pacers uni.
    I was one of them, look I don't think you need to be "Miss Cleo" to know that Danny's knee was going to be an issue, he has been having issues in his knee for a long time, I can tell you that once again the Pacers dropped the ball by keeping a player for too long until his value is nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Now all we need is for PG, Hill, Hibbs, Lance and Green to step up.
    Yeah. All we need is 5 players to simultaneously step up all of their games and then maintain that level for over 3/4 of the season. That's all.
    Last edited by Phree Refill; 11-07-2012 at 12:17 PM.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phree Refill For This Useful Post:

I'm guessing he'll be back after the all-star break.

Now really free Lance!

I think we should start DJ, with Hill, PG, West and Roy.

Hill is one of our best players when he's played in his position. We've got to let him do his scoring and defending thing. We can increase Lance's time at the 2, and even give Baby Hans some minutes.

But I think moving Hill to the 2, where he can move without the ball and score, would be the best thing to do.
    Last edited by Sookie; 11-07-2012 at 12:49 PM.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Phree Refill View Post
    Yeah. All we need is 5 players to simultaneously step up all of their games and then maintain that level for over 3/4 of the season. That's all.
    I doubt they'll be consistent, but those are the main 5 in my opinion that we simply need more from. Everyone needs to pitch in, but we aren't going to win games with just bench players stepping up.

In the 4 games I've seen, no one is really stepping up and saying I got this. You can see it when players take shots. They are hesitant. Some of these guys are really unsure of themselves.

Now really free Lance!