Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Granger Injury Update

Default Re: Injury Update

We reallt need our scorers to step up. This is PG's time to prove what he can do.

We need Hill, PG and West to step up the scorer
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well it only took Adrian Peterson few months to get back so there is a chance, I agree with you if I was the Bulls I tank this year so I can find a Robin for Rose through the draft.
    I imagine some of that depends on how open the Central is a the end of the season.

Regarding the response to this news, it'll be interesting to see who takes the primary scoring load. I say make David the focal point of the offense, followed by Hill, then Hibbert, and finally Paul.

My concerns....

They are a David West or George Hill injury away from not making the playoffs. I fear now Roy will think he has to be dominant and starts to spiral into that whole deal, which is very concerning. Vogel already seems to out of his comfort zone when dealing with being a front runner and not a cheerleader type leader. Hopefully this gives guys a chance to grow. I think the decision to replace DC with the worse defensive point guard in the league doesn't help. Mahinmi reverting back to a fringe rotation player instead of the guy we saw in preseason, Gerald Green looking nervous and forgetting simple basketball plays.

My point is there are alot of things working against them right now. Danny being out is big, bigger than I ever imagined, but its not just that.

The one thing I have faith in is that David West is a natural leader and will keep this group tied together. I also think George Hill is mentally tough and not afraid to play under adverse circumstances. Those two things may keep them afloat, but they have to weather this ridiculously tough road schedule first. It may not be pretty, but I think they will find out some things about some players.

We need guys to bond together here in the next few weeks and get that us against the world vibe. Plus, we need a lightbulb to go on a little quicker for PG and others sooner than you'd expect. I have no idea how this turns out.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

PG really wants to make All Defense then now's the time. That's a far more realistic way for us to win the Central than expecting him (or anyone) to replace Danny's scoring.

More than anything it's time for Roy to earn his money.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Andrews_(physician)

Andrews is well known for performing orthopedic surgery on high-profile athletes from a wide array of sports. He created the HealthSouth Sports Medicine Council and was the driving force behind the successful Go For It! Roadshow. He was also an athlete himself, winning a Southeastern Conference Championship in polevaulting at Louisiana State University. Andrews was the subject of an ESPN.com article that praised his talents and listed some of his notable clients. One excerpt from the magazine stated that "[Andrews] is the alpha doc at the center of a sports-medicine network that extends well beyond doctors. Every athletic trainer, physical therapist, strength-and-conditioning coach in the land seems to have Andrews' cell phone number".[4] "As far as I know he's like the Jay-Z of the rap world. He's the best. He's smooth. He's smooth as butter." remarked Kevin Smith, Lions running back, on surgeon Dr. James Andrews who performed his ACL reconstruction.[5] He consulted on Tom Brady after his third knee surgery, Brett Favre with his shoulder surgery,[6] and most recently worked with Albert Pujols surgery on his right elbow. He also did a surgical repair of New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees's throwing shoulder when he sustained a 360 tear of the labrum and additional rotator cuff damage.[7] He has also worked with professional wrestlers such as Shawn Michaels, Triple H, John Cena, Edge and Randy Orton. He also consulted U.S. women's national soccer team goalkeeper Hope Solo on her major shoulder surgery. Andrews serves as the team doctor for Alabama, Auburn, and the NFL'sWashington Redskins.[8]
    Andrews' patients also include Michael Jordan, Jack Nicklaus, Emmitt Smith, Wyatt Stewart, IV, John Smoltz, Troy Aikman, Charles Barkley, Roger Clemens, Andrei Markov,Bo Jackson, Ryan Broyles, Adrian Peterson, Matthew Ober and Michael Morse among others.[9]

Barbosa, DC, DJones, and Lou would come in handy right now, too.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Croshere, Bender, JO, Foster, Reggie, Smits, Person, Harrington, Tinsley, Jackson, Best, would come in handy right now.

C'mon.

11. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    I 100% agree with this.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Granger Injury Update

We are going to see what Lance, yes, Lance is made of. After the Sam Young experiment fails miserably, again, Lance should start and have PG slide back to 3.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:

Flipped Off The Refs Larry Staverman's Avatar
    Mood

Look at this point worrying about who we don't have is pointless. The roster is set.

The Danny Granger lifeline is gone for now and each player is going to have to nut up and Vogel is going to have to figure out
    how to get the offense going. He says he is going to simplify to a fewer plays and work on execution. It may take a few games
    to adjust but we have enough talent to get it done.

As long as Granger comes back around the all star break and is healthy there is time to get it together at full strength and be
    playing their best ball at the end of the season like last year.

Yep. It would be very nice to have some solid, experienced veterans off the bench to help fill in. We have sam young and Gerald Green to cover.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Cuz Barbosa, Jones or Lou would be able to alleviate the problems that we are currently having?

Dc would definitely help, I agree 100%.

But Barbosa shooting 38% is no different than Green shooting 38%. Jones' physical D is no different than Young playing physical D. And as bad as Mahinmi has played, his 4pts and 5 boards are still better than Lou's undersized 2pts and 3rebs.

Outside of DC, I don't think any of the guys we traded would be any type of answer for what's going on with this team right now. ESP with Danny being out.

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Yeah. Dahntay Jones and Lou Amundson are guys I want trying to replace 20+ points a night.

20. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Wow, Larry Bird leaves and this team implodes. Obviously Bird leaving has nothing to do with Grangers injury..but it just seems like this team is heading nowhere fast. Fans will be tuning out very quickly on this team without some serious wins against good teams and I just don't see it. Also, can the Pacers amnesty Roy Hibbert?
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

If we're going to be significantly better than .500 then we're going to need to see something from Lance I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore View Post
    Wow, Larry Bird leaves and this team implodes. Obviously Bird leaving has nothing to do with Grangers injury..but it just seems like this team is heading nowhere fast. Fans will be tuning out very quickly on this team without some serious wins against good teams and I just don't see it. Also, can the Pacers amnesty Roy Hibbert?
    1) are you on crack?
    2) you can't amnesy people you signed after the new cba
    3) no, they amnestied posey

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:

This is probably a blessing in disguise. There will be no reason to pay Paul George tons of money if he can not produce some serious results in Grangers absence. At least now we get to really see what our young guys can do.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Theodore For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    Cuz Barbosa, Jones or Lou would be able to alleviate the problems that we are currently having?

Dc would definitely help, I agree 100%.

But Barbosa shooting 38% is no different than Green shooting 38%. Jones' physical D is no different than Young playing physical D. And as bad as Mahinmi has played, his 4pts and 5 boards are still better than Lou's undersized 2pts and 3rebs.

Outside of DC, I don't think any of the guys we traded would be any type of answer for what's going on with this team right now. ESP with Danny being out.
    The problem is not about the numbers, the issue is that with the previous guys you knew got you had, with this new guys you don't know s***, right now the only bench hopes that we have are Lance/Tyler and they were here last year.

Yes I am on crack and thank you for answering my question so quickly. I figured there was some rules against it.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Theodore For This Useful Post:

As I was reading the press release and I read "3", I figured that would be followed with the word weeks, not months.

3 months seems rather extreme for this type of thing.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

lol at the bring back Barbosa and Amundson comments. Exactly what this team doesn't need. Talk about re-writing history.

We need a solid shooter. We obviously won't find another Granger but someone who can just come off the bench and get hot from 3. George needs to step his defense up, Stephenson and Green need to make better decisions, and Hibbert needs to sack up big time. This could be an opportunity for great growth for the bench players and young players, or it could demoralize and end the season. It's up to them.

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    As I was reading the press release and I read "3", I figured that would be followed with the word weeks, not months.

3 months seems rather extreme for this type of thing.
    Same. 3 months seems pretty damn drastic for an injection. Either it's not the whole story or it's "full recovery" in 3 months with him playing before.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    The problem is not about the numbers, the issue is that with the previous guys you knew got you had, with this new guys you don't know s***, right now the only bench hopes that we have are Lance/Tyler and they were here last year.
    I look at it from the other end...you don't know what we have yet because it's only been 4 games. If they're playing this bad after 40 games, then we have some problems.

What we know after 4 games is that even though these guys have played about as bad as they possibly can, (with Green showing some signs of coming out of it) they still have been able to replace the production that the other guys provided. It's only been 4 games with the 4 new bench players, and each have shown to be better than what they've shown. If they improve--even a little (or if you're Augustine, A LOT) then our bench is in good shape.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Procedure performed by Dr. James Andrews. Baseball fans know that name...

****. ****. **** **** ****.
    I'm not a baseball fan. What does it mean?

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This team is still solid to position itself in a respectable spot in the East. Definitely not as high and at the elite level like it could've which really blows. It's a lot of guys time to shine on this team.