Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Granger Injury Update

Default Re: Granger Injury Update

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we should start DJ, with Hill, PG, West and Roy.

Hill is one of our best players when he's played out his position. We've got to let him do his scoring and defending thing. We can increase Lance's time at the 2, and even give Baby Hans some minutes.

But I think moving Hill to the 2, where he can move without the ball and score, would be the best thing to do.
    That or Lance at the 2 and PG sliding over. I think it's apparent that Young and Green shouldn't be starting.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    lol at the bring back Barbosa and Amundson comments. Exactly what this team doesn't need. Talk about re-writing history.

We need a solid shooter. We obviously won't find another Granger but someone who can just come off the bench and get hot from 3. George needs to step his defense up, Stephenson and Green need to make better decisions, and Hibbert needs to sack up big time. This could be an opportunity for great growth for the bench players and young players, or it could demoralize and end the season. It's up to them.

Paul Georges D prior to Sunday Defensive Rating was at 88.. That is GOAT status, I don't know how he's back up to 98.. His D on manu was ferocious.
    He shut him down, Blocked the crap out of Green..

We are panicking way too early. We have had one home game and 3 road games, Everybody needs to chill. We'll be fine.
    Why all the hate all of a sudden is focused on Frank? What did he do that year in a half that does not warrant him a break?
    After all he led us to the playoffs after we were toasted with JOB, Gave us the 3rd seed after a full season. Now we want him
    gone after 4 games???????? Do the Celtics want Doc gone as well?????

Makes zero sense, Who was coaching the team under Frank? How has he not shown that he could lead this team. The team is just playing sloppy.
    Cut them some slack. This is why Success as a franchise is so poisonous, Now that we have high standards after making
    the playoffs all of a sudden we are a power house team? I mean the Thunder are 2-2 as well.

To the people that wanted DC, Lou, Barbosa and Dhante! It's just too early. Some of you forget how bad DC was at times, How
    Imcopentant he was at passing the ball. He simply didn't have what it took to run our offense. I mean how soon do we all forget??
    How bad Lou was and his 5-8 missed dunks per game. How every time Lou shot the ball we all cringed. I applaud the team
    for making a gamble this offseason. We would not have grown out them, We really would have been a treadmill team with
    those players aboard. Boy is Leandro lighting the world on fire with the Celtics. On paper the additions we made>>>>
    last years players. I feel very confident in us making the playoffs. We'll catch our groove soon. It's a 82 game season people
    relax. You can't hit the abort button and break the team up after 4 games. We'll have a good feel for this team once
    were close to the All-Star break. We are missing our best player and were at .500 I'll take that to bank all day.
    If anything this is a great lesson for you get rid of Danny cult leaders, The man means too much for this organiztion.
    He and Dwest are the only ones in the team you know can create for themselves. Once Danny comes back!
    Paul and Green urgency of scoring should vanquish, Making them play their own game. We all have to come to the realization
    that Paul George at this state cannot and will not lead the team in scoring, It's just not his mindset. It's in the Nature of the
    beast.... Paul shies away from the ball, That's why Danny is so good... The dude has a killer alpha dawg mentality. To me the whole
    2-2 ordeal isn't huge. But the way Paul is playing is just shocking. I mean he starts off the 1st half great then completely goes MIA in the
    second half. That is not franchise esque! His tendencies are just shoccccccking, he isn't attacking the Rim and is shooting contested shots.

By me ^^

Banned

Default Re: Injury Update

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    A long time? None of these guys have even hit their 27th bday yet. Mahinmi was a key player on the Mavs championship team, DJ has been a double figure scorer nd 4-6 assists per game guy, nd Green put up decent numbers on a bad team (the sane way Barbosa did when on Toronto--long after his Brazillisn blur days in PHX)

They aren't stars nd prob not even starters but to act like they've been really bad players their entire career is just not correct.
    Mahinmi has five years in the NBA, Green was drafted 5 years ago, DJ has been the starting point guard of an NBA team, Young has been in the NBA for a while, we are not talking about rookies or players with huge potentials here, they have been the same players they are right now for a long time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Phree Refill View Post
    Yeah. All we need is 5 players to simultaneously step up all of their games and then maintain that level for over 3/4 of the season. That's all.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by dgranger33 View Post

People are panicking way too much. It's only been 4 games. Even the Heat have lost a game. It's too early to panic.

If the Pacers HAD the players the Heat does, no one would be complaining about losing ONE game. The Pacers DON'T have the Heat players, and they could just as easily be 0-4 instead of 2-2.

Tonights game should be interesting to say the least. Lets see how the team plays against the Hawks, and who shows up and who doesn't. I'm personally not in the camp that Granger's injury is why the Pacers are moving around the court like a blind man, and playing poorly against poor teams.

I understand, not happy though, the shellacing the Pacers took against the Spurs. The Spurs are a premier team. Lets see if the Pacers come to meet the challange of the Hawks.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

"Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. … You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    You took what I said into a different context. He is very capable. That goes without saying. Whether he lives up to that now is an open question.

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/pla...te/paul-george

As Brandon Rush said to me last year, the only question around Paul George is whether he has the mental fortitude and "alpha dog" mentality to be elite. I think we're about to find out.
    I haven't seen the same elite offensive potential everyone else apparently sees. I don't think his offensive capability goes without question in any sense.

I see a guy with good size for the position who is a decent catch and shoot guy but not much else on that end of the floor. For a guy with his size and athleticsm, he's a relatively poor finisher around the basketball. Despite his summer tutoring, he still looks like a really poor ball handler. He doesn't move very well without the ball. He seems to be working a bit on his post game but hasn't really developed it any way. He has not shown an ability to get his own shot with ease.

And I'm not sure a guy scoring 16-18 ppg as the lead option on a bad team in the WAC proves that one has huge offensive potential.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    Man, talk about the sky is falling.

Look, not having Granger is a big loss, of course.

But it's not clear why people are jumping to conclusions that Granger had surgery, that things are being hidden from the fans, etc.

He went to a renowned orthopedic surgeon, and they decided to treat his injury conservatively, because it's freaking tendonosis. Not tendonitis.
    Is it? I may have mis-read, so thanks for pointing that out.

This may help some of you that need a primer.

http://www.elitesportstherapy.com/te...vs--tendonitis
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

The former player that would have really made a difference right now is BRush.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    The former player that would have really made a difference right now is BRush.
    Lol cept he's out for the year with a knee injury.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Let me take my other post back, that group isn't necessarily better, across the board, but they are more defined and would provide some continuity in a situation that is a messed up jigsaw right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    Let me take my other post back, that group isn't necessarily better, across the board, but they are more defined and would provide some continuity in a situation that is a messed up jigsaw right now.
    Now THAT I would agree with. 100%. It's tough to try and figure out who can do what and where to best utilize them when our best player is injured.

Banned

Mike Wells ‏@MikeWellsNBA
    Vogel: "no motivational speech will replace Danny, we just have to play"

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    Is it? I may have mis-read, so thanks for pointing that out.

This may help some of you that need a primer.

http://www.elitesportstherapy.com/te...vs--tendonitis

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...-3-months-ESPN

Pretty sure it's tendinosis. This diagnosis actually better matches the natural history of what we know of Granger's knee issues as well.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:

I think some of you guys need to read the press release and then go look up tendinosis.

It's tendinosis, not tendinitis. Apparently there's a huge difference. And a bad one. Tendinitis is a generic inflammation that generally goes away with rest. Tendinosis is not an inflamation, but a degenerative condition that's often mistaken for tendinitis.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MikeDC For This Useful Post:

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

@ Mike, @doc, thanks. The words are very close, even though the meaning has some similarities, the actual diagnosis and treatment is not. Thanks for clarifying, as I'm sure I wasn't the only one to misread or fail to appreciate the differences.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    I haven't seen the same elite offensive potential everyone else apparently sees. I don't think his offensive capability goes without question in any sense.

I see a guy with good size for the position who is a decent catch and shoot guy but not much else on that end of the floor. For a guy with his size and athleticsm, he's a relatively poor finisher around the basketball. Despite his summer tutoring, he still looks like a really poor ball handler. He doesn't move very well without the ball. He seems to be working a bit on his post game but hasn't really developed it any way. He has not shown an ability to get his own shot with ease.

And I'm not sure a guy scoring 16-18 ppg as the lead option on a bad team in the WAC proves that one has huge offensive potential.
    I see a guy with a beautiful, natural shooting form that gets such nice lift to potentially shoot over anyone at will.

I see a guy who's trying to figure out how to play at both ends of the floor and have enough energy to do so. He looks like he takes puffers on offense so that he can dominate on defense. At least to me, that's why he doesn't move so well off the ball.

I see improved handles from last offseason, but goes back to old bad habits under pressured circumstances.

I don't think he has the size/bulk to really move his post game forward meaningfully... but clearly has changes in his body over when he was drafted (he's added about 15 lbs since his college days).

That's the fun of being a spectator. We can see different things.

My concern is that George seems to be the kind of player that needs the coaches to really push him hard. IMO, he needs someone to hold him accountable to live up to his potential. Vogel doesn't seem like that kind of coach.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    I think we should start DJ, with Hill, PG, West and Roy.

Hill is one of our best players when he's played in his position. We've got to let him do his scoring and defending thing. We can increase Lance's time at the 2, and even give Baby Hans some minutes.

But I think moving Hill to the 2, where he can move without the ball and score, would be the best thing to do.
    Usually I would agree with you, but in this case I don't. I would rather see Lance play the two, and have them split duties. I have absolutely no confidence in DJ's defense, and I really don't want to see that with the starters. I feel like their games could really compliment each other and the starters better than DJ's.

Quote Originally Posted by xtacy View Post
    how is next year's draft?
    get out of here with this bs
    If games are won and lost on a calculator and piece of paper, then why do we bother to play them?

@LetsTalkPacers

25. The Following User Says Thank You to LetsTalkPacers84 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Well, this just means that PG has to grow up much sooner than we thought. He may not want it...but he's going to have to be "The Man" now.

Frankly, I don't think that PG is ready nor willing to be "The Man".

Can someone give him the same stuff that West and GH takes before the start of each game so that he's more aggressive?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PD GameBattles 2k13 View Post
    get out of here with this bs
    A little sense of humor will help the medicine go down, mate.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    A little sense of humor will help the medicine go down, mate.
    It would help if it was actually funny.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Time to hit the cellar for Zeller!!
    David "And One" West

Sports Logo

https://twitter.com/MikeWellsNBA/sta...45610938699779

The Pacers have already reached out to the agent of free agent swingman Mickael Pietrus as a possible replacement in the lineup
    Pietrus is a solid wind defender and 3pt shooter....but the guy has a low basketball IQ and poor shot selection.

Are there other FA options?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Guys, Paul isn't the one that has to step up his game. Hill and Roy are the 2 making the big bucks. Time to start playing like you are worth the $$
    David "And One" West

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post: