Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 51

Thread: It's four games for crying out loud!!!!

  1. #1

    Default It's four games for crying out loud!!!!

    everyone relax with the overreacting about how bad this team is.

    Its a WHOLE new bench, they need to get comfortable playing together. It will take some time

    Granger has not played 1 minute

    we lost to the pistons last year in the 4th game of the season...actually got blown out by the pistons, and that season for us did not end too bad did it?!?!?

    its four games lets all take a chill pill...we sound like knick fans over here crying about our team and coach after FOUR flipping games smh

  2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to stephen For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  3. #2

    Default Re: It's four games for crying out loud!!!!

    I'm pretty sure Indiana is going to rip off 8 or 9 wins at some point in the next month and everyone will be backing off the ledge.

  4. #3
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,382

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It's four games for crying out loud!!!!

    I agree, but let's not kid ourselves, we've looked beyond bad so far this year, and are lucky to be .500. Last year we at least showed large periods of being very competitive. Right now it only feels like we have a chance to win these games by dragging the other team down to our level and hoping we get lucky.

    I do have hope that we'll get things together. But man, it makes ya worry. This goes beyond just losing 1 guy...
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  6. #4

    Default Re: It's four games for crying out loud!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree, but let's not kid ourselves, we've looked beyond bad so far this year, and are lucky to be .500. Last year we at least showed large periods of being very competitive. Right now it only feels like we have a chance to win these games by dragging the other team down to our level and hoping we get lucky.

    I do have hope that we'll get things together. But man, it makes ya worry. This goes beyond just losing 1 guy...
    Oh we have definitely looked bad, but its way to early to cry about it.. I rather start off bad than start off great and than fall off

  7. #5

    Default Re: It's four games for crying out loud!!!!

    Jim Obriens first year we started off 3 and 0...how did that season end?!?!

    thunder are 1 and 2 right now...I bet their fans are calm though

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to stephen For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: It's four games for crying out loud!!!!

    and that season for us did not end too bad did it?!?!?
    Yes it did.

  10. #7
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,221

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It's four games for crying out loud!!!!

    BS. Bulls were a top 4 team without Rose last year.

    this team could very easily be 0-4 right now. somebody needs to give them a swift kick in the *** instead of a pat like Vogel.

  11. #8

    Default Re: It's four games for crying out loud!!!!

    2nd round exit, fighting hard vs the team who ended up winning the finals. Last season was a great year for us.

  12. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: It's four games for crying out loud!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2nd round exit, fighting hard vs the team who ended up winning the finals. Last season was a great year for us.
    Depends in what do you mean by great, if your definition is that every year the Pacers lose to somebody that makes it to the finals is a "great season" I don't know what to tell you.

  13. #10
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    54
    Posts
    11,485

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It's four games for crying out loud!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Depends in what do you mean by great, if your definition is that every year the Pacers lose to somebody that makes it to the finals is a "great season" I don't know what to tell you.
    And if your definition is that every year the Pacers (or any team, I don't care who they are) don't win the championship is a bad year, you are destined to spend most of your life disappointed.

    Never understood how anyone can take any joy out of sports if the only good result is to win it all when no team wins it all every single year (or wins every single game).
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  15. #11
    Member rabid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    2,462

    Default Re: It's four games for crying out loud!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BS. Bulls were a top 4 team without Rose last year.
    ??? Rose didn't get hurt until the playoffs. And the Bulls then proceeded to lose 4 of their next 5 games to the 76ers (the 8th seed).

  16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rabid For This Useful Post:


  17. #12
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,235

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It's four games for crying out loud!!!!

    I think we will be fine this year. I'm now concerned about our future. Us taking it to the next level depending on Paul George fulfilling his potential on offense. Clearly thats not going to happen - now we are the new Hawks...just kinda stuck in the middle.

  18. #13
    Member odeez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    3,776

    Default Re: It's four games for crying out loud!!!!

    TRUE - Way to early to panic, but as fans we need W's, and it feels good to win. But the effort we put forward in SA was alarming. It seems like the team is still trying to figure it out. I am getting a little impatient with PG, he needs to be more agressive getting to the rim.

    Maybe DG being out is the cause for some it. Besides D. West and sometimes Hill, we've been void of a go to scorer. I have no idea what's going on with ROY?!?! He like PG needs to be more assertive. I am not sure how many touches he is getting, but he has to make more of an impact.

    My general feeling is this will work it's self out, but again, FANS need wins. We expect it with this team now, and I think that's a good thing!
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

  19. #14
    Member odeez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    3,776

    Default Re: It's four games for crying out loud!!!!

    Anyone else think DJ is too passive? ... maybe it's his body language for me.
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

  20. #15
    Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Crawfordsville, IN
    Posts
    2,586

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: It's four games for crying out loud!!!!

    The difference is that last year we weren't expecting to be as good as we were. We thought early on when we had bad losses it wasn't as bad. This year we have come in with high expectations. I think we'll be fine. I'm not ready to call us the Hawks just yet, if we have another first/second round playoff exit, then maybe. Yes, we have looked horrible so far and I hate to beat a dead horse here, but the fact is, it will take some time for this team to get used to each other. I think we should wait until about 10-15 games into the season and if we are still struggling, then it might be time to worry. Either that or we find out that Danny is out for the season or something, and yes, it is clear that this team does need Danny right now.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to PGisthefuture For This Useful Post:


  22. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: It's four games for crying out loud!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And if your definition is that every year the Pacers (or any team, I don't care who they are) don't win the championship is a bad year, you are destined to spend most of your life disappointed.

    Never understood how anyone can take any joy out of sports if the only good result is to win it all when no team wins it all every single year (or wins every single game).
    That's not what I'm saying, I just don't agree with people celebrating last season like it was a "great season" it wasn't, a good decent season? yeah, a "great season"? nope.

  23. #17
    Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Crawfordsville, IN
    Posts
    2,586

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: It's four games for crying out loud!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by odeez View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone else think DJ is too passive? ... maybe it's his body language for me.
    I think a lot our guys have looked passive. It's like they need to be told to wake up and that these games actually count.

  24. #18
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It's four games for crying out loud!!!!

    We've played 3 road games, won a double-overtime game and won another game when one of our clutch players made a game winning shot, lost a road game in which one of our benchwarmers missed an open three at the buzzer -- although we only needed one to tie or two to win -- and we got hammered on the road by the team who's Big 3 has led them to the best 15-year cumulative record in NBA history.

    And all of this while missing a key member (and former all-star) of the starting five.

    There's no real shame in where they're at.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:


  26. #19
    Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Crawfordsville, IN
    Posts
    2,586

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: It's four games for crying out loud!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's not what I'm saying, I just don't agree with people celebrating last season like it was a "great season" it wasn't, a good decent season? yeah, a "great season"? nope.
    I think I'd say it was a great season compared to what we had to put up with the years before...

  27. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: It's four games for crying out loud!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by rabidpacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ??? Rose didn't get hurt until the playoffs. And the Bulls then proceeded to lose 4 of their next 5 games to the 76ers (the 8th seed).
    Rose was hurt for must of the year so you are wrong, Chicago ended up in 1st place without him for must of the time and they ended up losing to Philly because not only Rose was out but Noah also got hurt.

  28. #21
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It's four games for crying out loud!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rose was hurt for must of the year so you are wrong, Chicago ended up in 1st place without him for must of the time and they ended up losing to Philly because not only Rose was out but Noah also got hurt.
    You must be talking about Jalen? Or Pete? Was Charlie Hustle injured last season?
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  29. #22

    Default Re: It's four games for crying out loud!!!!

    Agree with a lot of this. First, every team in the league is now aware of Roy and how dominating he can be. They will plan for that and take him out of the game until we punish them for it. We've seen a lot of double and triple teaming on Roy. My only worry is that we very quickly abandon any clear game plan and start isolating and pounding the ball as soon as the entry passes don't work. PGeorge is growing into a competely different kind of player from last year. Mostly because of the lack of Granger, Paul is being force fed his new role instead of easing into the role of "The Man". Be patient, we'll get there. Hansbrough needs to become a high energy DWest and run the same PnRs.

  30. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: It's four games for crying out loud!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You must be talking about Jalen? Or Pete? Was Charlie Hustle injured last season?
    For a guy that lives in Chicago you don't know much about Rose's injuries, the guy played 39 games last year and everybody knows that he was never 100% healthy, everybody also knows that Noah got hurt on national TV and was out for the rest of the series making it easier for Philly to beat them.

    edit: Here is a list on his injuries last year in case you think that I'm making s*** up.


    The list of Rose's injuries is long, particularly for a young and otherwise healthy professional athlete. It all began less than two weeks into the season when Rose fell hard enough on his elbow to warrant X-rays. He escaped unscathed (X-rays were negative) but that would be the last time he would be so lucky. Less than a week later a collision with Timberwolves forward Anthony Tolliver resulted in a sprained left big toe. He missed one game but returned to action three days later, despite persistent pain. He lasted two games but then was forced to miss the next four because of the toe. Rose returned to the lineup in late January and seemed to be off to a fresh start. Then the problems really began. Back spasms cropped up in February and forced Rose out for more than a week. A few weeks later there were reports of a groin strain which led to another dozen absences. Rose returned for one game (yes, just one) before a sprained right ankle caused him to miss more time. Days later it was his right foot sidelining him. Rose, who had missed very little game action before this season, expressed frustration with the cumulative injuries, at the time telling reporters, "For someone to not miss more than seven, 10 games in a year (my first three seasons), to miss 20 something, 30 something games, it hurts, man."
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/78...ued-nba-season


    So nope it wasn't Jalen or Pete.......
    Last edited by vnzla81; 11-06-2012 at 03:19 PM.

  31. #24
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,121

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It's four games for crying out loud!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's not what I'm saying, I just don't agree with people celebrating last season like it was a "great season" it wasn't, a good decent season? yeah, a "great season"? nope.
    It was a great season for a team that was a sub .500 8th seed the year before, and then completely out of the playoff picture the 5 seasons before that.

    Last year was the first time we've ever been anything worth a da*m to anyone else outside of PD.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  33. #25

    Default Re: It's four games for crying out loud!!!!

    we were the 5th best team in the LEAGUE last year lol, jokes that you refuse to call it a great season.

    the only thing that concerns me right now is that we are not getting ANY update on dannys knee. I have a feeling he will be out alot longer than we expect

  34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stephen For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. First let me say, when that iPhone rings, it is LOUD
    By indygeezer in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-31-2010, 08:43 AM
  2. LOOK HOW LOUD I CAN YELL
    By btowncolt in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-17-2006, 01:21 PM
  3. Team Arenas are too loud???
    By Mr. Pink in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-04-2006, 06:40 AM
  4. So, who else chuckled out loud....
    By MagicRat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-03-2004, 10:19 AM
  5. How loud do you expect the Dome to be this Sunday?
    By Lord Helmet in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-25-2004, 11:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •