Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Colts-Jags

Default Re: Colts-Jags

So that's what happens when you have or least try to have a running game. Thank you Bruce Arians.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So that's what happens when you have or least try to have a running game. Thank you Bruce Arians.

Love the irony. 28 passing plays and 37 rushes. If he'd used that type of balance in Pittsburgh, he'd still be coaching there.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Why spend so much time on a Colts forum then? Why not just hang out with other Denver fans on a Broncos forum?
    Or with other Manning fans at a Manning forum? There's nothing inherently wrong with fans of a particular player following them around. But acknowledge it for what it is... for some people the names of the back of particular jerseys mean more than the names on the front.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:

The best thing last night.... Here I am in Terre Haute Indiana, in a TGIFs, on a Thursday night, and it is packed with jersey wearing Colts fans. Whoever said the fan base was going to collapse was so way off the mark.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Jags suck, but any road win for this Colts team is big. This was a big psychological victory because we sure as hell didn't want the Jags only two victories this season to be against us. This was nice payback for what happened in Indy weeks back. Even though the Jags and Titans aren't any good, they've always given us trouble when we play them on the road. There were multiple times in the Manning years when they beat us even though they had bad teams. They've always gotten revved up to play us. I said a few weeks ago that winning a road game was going to be the biggest hurdle for this team. Now we've managed to win two on the road against division teams. Incredible what this team is doing right now. We are without question the biggest positive surprise in the NFL this season. This is easily one of my favorite Colts seasons ever.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

The best thing last night.... Here I am in Terre Haute Indiana, in a TGIFs, on a Thursday night, and it is packed with jersey wearing Colts fans. Whoever said the fan base was going to collapse was so way off the mark.

Although my opinion on it centered around the fact that I thought the Colts would be around 3-5 wins total for the year.

In your defense Since, you were basing this on evidence from the past. Before Peyton this would have been true, but the newer fan base in that 18 to 30 year old bracket simply fell in love with the horseshoe. Us old farts who grew up worshiping the Bears, Packers, Cowboys, or odd ball AFC team (Steelers don't count they've always had their legions) are starting to disappear. By the way I was able to switch my team preference once Indiana/Indy had their own team in 84.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    Or with other Manning fans at a Manning forum? There's nothing inherently wrong with fans of a particular player following them around. But acknowledge it for what it is... for some people the names of the back of particular jerseys mean more than the names on the front.

Nothing wrong with following Manning. Virtually every Colts fan here wants to see Manning do well. But it's pretty funny how OlBlu acted interested in the Colts all off-season when he thought they'd be bad, but now is renouncing them when they are actually good. IMO, it's clear his plan was to come here as a "Colts fan" and taunt us all season by telling us how bad Luck and the Colts were. But the Colts actually being good threw a giant wrench into his plans, so now he's acting like he never really had much interest in following the new version of the Colts anyway. Instead of applauding their season and expressing interest in the team, he's acting like all he really cared about from the get-go was Manning. But make no mistake, if the Colts were 2-7 right now, he'd be watching every game religiously from start to finish so that he could rub in our faces just how bad they were. And if the Colts stumble at some point down the stretch this season, he'll comeback and make sure we hear about it.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 11-09-2012 at 01:50 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

In your defense Since, you were basing this on evidence from the past. Before Peyton this would have been true, but the newer fan base in that 18 to 30 year old bracket simply fell in love with the horseshoe. Us old farts who grew up worshiping the Bears, Packers, Cowboys, or odd ball AFC team (Steelers don't count they've always had their legions) are starting to disappear. By the way I was able to switch my team preference once Indiana/Indy had their own team in 84.
    Had that very discussion earlier this year. Quite a few of my high school/college friends jumped all over the opening in season tickets.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Nothing wrong with following Manning. Virtually every Colts fan here wants to see Manning do well. But it's pretty funny how OlBlu acted interested in the Colts all off-season when he thought they'd be bad, but now is renouncing them when they are actually good. IMO, it's clear his plan was to come here as a "Colts fan" and taunt us all season by telling us how bad Luck and the Colts were. But the Colts actually being good threw a giant wrench into his plans, so now he's acting like he never really had much interest in following the new version of the Colts anyway. Instead of applauding their season and expressing interest in the team, he's acting like all he really cared about from the get-go was Manning. But make no mistake, if the Colts were 2-7 right now, he'd be watching every game religiously from start to finish so that he could rub in our faces just how bad they were. And if the Colts stumble at some point down the stretch this season, he'll comeback and make sure we hear about it.
    There's a word for this I think on the internet. Can't put my finger on it though.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    There's a word for this I think on the internet. Can't put my finger on it though.
    So you mean to tell me that I could have just used one word and saved myself the writing of that paragraph?

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

So you mean to tell me that I could have just used one word and saved myself the writing of that paragraph?
    Probably, but at least you got exercise your right to free speech.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think the word is "succinctness". Or a word that starts with T and rhymes with bowl.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Haha. Well done everyone. A lot of posters played a big part, but ultimately, it came down to Irsay, Grigson and his staff, Pagano and his staff, and Luck and his teammates all coming together and succeeding through 9 games to end this mess. Unfortunately, we got to a point where posters have been jumping off this sinking ship of a Colts forum left and right. Maybe someone can send out a bat signal or something to let everyone know its ok again.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to bunt For This Useful Post:

As I said, mature fanbases root for the franchise over the player. If Brady ever left the Pats, then I guarantee you that no Pats fan would jump ship and root for him over the Pats. They are good fans. Same with the Packers and Favre.
    Mostly good points. However, you should have just left out that bolded part. One, how can you guarantee that? And two, you really don't think a bunch of lady fans wouldn't trade in their Patriots #12 jersey if their heartthrob switched teams (both literally and the other way). Again, mostly good points but you could do without those blanket statements. All fanbases have these types of fans. They'll jump on and off the bandwagon depending on what floats their boats.
    Last edited by bunt; 11-09-2012 at 02:42 PM.

So we're doing the fine print procedure now are we. Sollozzo did say Pats fan, so if they left and followed Brady were they really Pats fans? No they weren't so Sollozzo is correct. Hey...

So we're doing the fine print procedure now are we. Sollozzo did say Pats fan, so if they left and followed Brady were they really Pats fans? No they weren't so Sollozzo is correct. Hey...
    Oh I don't think it's that big of a deal and certainly won't push it. But it is a little silly and naive to think that true fans would never ever stop rooting for their favorite team, for whatever the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    What moves? Letting Manning go was best for everybody because Polian had let the core of the team rot, so we were no longer SB contenders. Polian had done the aforementioned massive failing in the draft for year. And Jim Caldwell was just an idiot who should have never been hired in the first place.
    Yep he "Luck-ed" out here I mean really had they won one more game we probably wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Yep he "Luck-ed" out here I mean really had they won one more game we probably wouldn't be having this conversation right now.
    Who knows, somebody could have taken RG3 first

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    Who knows, somebody could have taken RG3 first
    Yeah I doubt they would've but the Rams traded their pick to the Skins...

Luck may have ended up in DC and we might've gotten RG3 and I think Manning might still be here.

I really think that Irsay dumped Manning not only because he was older but because he cost so much $$$$ its much cheaper to get the Peyton Manning 2.0 who's also much younger.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Definitely. I went to my first Colts game when I was 7 and was hooked. I actually got made fun of for wearing a Peyton Manning jersey to school in 1998. Everyone was either a Bears, Packers or Cowboys fan and Brett Favre was a god.

I'll always be a big fan of Manning but in a lot of ways I feel more connected with Luck. Maybe because I'm also 23 and my name's also Andrew. lol

Quote Originally Posted by bunt View Post
    Oh I don't think it's that big of a deal and certainly won't push it. But it is a little silly and naive to think that true fans would never ever stop rooting for their favorite team, for whatever the reason.
    The point is they aren't true fans to begin with if their allegiance to a team is based solely on a player being on said team.

In my opinion, you have the following

1) True fans (fans through thick and thin)
    2) Fairweather fans (fans when the team is good)
    3) Player fans (follow players rather than teams)

I don't consider fans that only fit under #3 as fans of the team.

I'm sure everyone has different ideas of what makes a fan but that's how I break it down.
    Last edited by Swingman; 11-09-2012 at 06:58 PM.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Swingman For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    Definitely. I went to my first Colts game when I was 7 and was hooked. I actually got made fun of for wearing a Peyton Manning jersey to school in 1998. Everyone was either a Bears, Packers or Cowboys fan and Brett Favre was a god.

I'll always be a big fan of Manning but in a lot of ways I feel more connected with Luck. Maybe because I'm also 23 and my name's also Andrew. lol
    If you thought '98 was bad for being a colts fan, then try being a Colts fan during the Jeff George and then Jim Harbaugh eras. Jim Harbaugh was an Aaron Bailey catch away from the super bowl though at least.
    Last edited by Swingman; 11-09-2012 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Nice of Luck to make the tackle but he shouldn't make a habit of it we don't want to see the backup anytime soon..
    You are likely right, but on the other hand he just added a bunch to the respect his fellow Colts have for him. The guy isn't just a quarterback.........he is a Football Player!

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    I have been thinking of this for a while and while I was moving my RV from Washington D.C. to Raleigh, NC. It him me hard. I didn't care if I got in to an RV Park in time to watch the Colts. In fact, I no longer care if I see the Colts ever play again unless they are playing Denver or Washington. I am no longer a Colt fan and your boy Irsay did that to me.... I know you all think I am a lone ranger in this but I am not... There are other people who feel the same way. I have decided that I will no longer watch or support the Colts in any way as long as Andrew Luck is there. I may not come back when he is gone. This has only happened to me once before and that was with IU. I was a big IU basketball fan back to the days of Walt Bellamy, the Van Arsdale twins and Jimmy Rahl. When they fired Bobby Knight (and I really don't care about your opinion or hatred of him), they destroyed my fandom and I have never watched another IU game and I am quite sure that I never will. The Colts now fall in that bracket for me and I am very sad about it. They have been a big part of my life for a long time......
    I remember a thread from a while back in which you were on your "love Manning, hate Irsay" soapbox. I said in that thread you reminded me of people who won't let go of the Knight firing. It appears to me that, as opposed to being a fan of a team (or teams), you are just a fan of a person (or persons).

In any case, all this railing has earned you a spot on the ignore list, and I think I speak for many when I say so long, good Luck, and don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out.