Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Colts-Jags

Default Re: Colts-Jags

6-3. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Luck is just amazing.
    Aside from being old and bitter and just craving attention, how can anyone not like the guy?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    6-3. Amazing.
    Where's the guy who said we wouldn't win a single game this season? I have a nice, robust crow I would like to feed him.

I dont think Irsay gets enough credit for having the balls to make the changes he did before this season. Biggest balls in the NFL right now. He should start tweeting pics of his sack just to let everyone know.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    Colts 28
    Jags 10
    Good call.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    I dont think Irsay gets enough credit for having the balls to make the changes he did before this season. Biggest balls in the NFL right now. He should start tweeting pics of his sack just to let everyone know.
    What moves? Letting Manning go was best for everybody because Polian had let the core of the team rot, so we were no longer SB contenders. Polian had done the aforementioned massive failing in the draft for year. And Jim Caldwell was just an idiot who should have never been hired in the first place.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

Not signing Harrison
    Not signing James
    Not picking up Mannings option
    Letting Clark go
    Letting Bracket go
    Letting Saturday go
    Replacing Polian
    Replacing Caldwell
    Hiring Grigson, which seems to be paying off in the personal department ( Redding, Vaughn, Butler, Avery, the entire 2012 draft at this point, Freeman )

Do i really need to go on right now?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:

Not signing Harrison
    Not signing James
    Letting Clark go
    Letting Bracket go
    Letting Saturday go
    Replacing Polian
    Replacing Caldwell
    Hiring Grigson, which seems to be paying off in the personal department ( Redding, Vaughn, Butler, Avery, the entire 2012 draft at this point, Freeman )

How exactly are any of those Ballsy? The only sorta ballsy one was letting Manning go, and that was because it was best for both parties.

Sports Logo

since when was Irsay the GM? that ended in what, 95?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Mood

Not signing Harrison
    Not signing James
    Letting Clark go
    Letting Bracket go
    Letting Saturday go
    Replacing Polian
    Replacing Caldwell

I think you're overestimating how much personnel control Irsay has... I think he has control over who's in the front office, but I doubt he has as much of a say in player releases/signings. Obviously he has some (I mean it is his team), and ultimately he's the guy who decided not to bring back Manning, but not signing James was most likely a decision by Polian. Letting Clark, Brackett and Saturday go were probably decided by Grigson.

I don't know any of this stuff for sure, but I'd like to think that Irsay doesn't have the Jerry Jones-esque ownership mentality and lets the GM do his job.

BUT - I do agree that you have to give him credit for letting Manning walk (as much as it pains me to even say that sentence) and letting Luck play right away. The guy is as ready as any rookie QB I've ever seen.
    Never half-a** two things. Whole-a** one thing.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

They just overpowered them
    Smothered Chicken!

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

I have been thinking of this for a while and while I was moving my RV from Washington D.C. to Raleigh, NC. It him me hard. I didn't care if I got in to an RV Park in time to watch the Colts. In fact, I no longer care if I see the Colts ever play again unless they are playing Denver or Washington. I am no longer a Colt fan and your boy Irsay did that to me.... I know you all think I am a lone ranger in this but I am not... There are other people who feel the same way. I have decided that I will no longer watch or support the Colts in any way as long as Andrew Luck is there. I may not come back when he is gone. This has only happened to me once before and that was with IU. I was a big IU basketball fan back to the days of Walt Bellamy, the Van Arsdale twins and Jimmy Rahl. When they fired Bobby Knight (and I really don't care about your opinion or hatred of him), they destroyed my fandom and I have never watched another IU game and I am quite sure that I never will. The Colts now fall in that bracket for me and I am very sad about it. They have been a big part of my life for a long time......

Sounds like you're going to missing a lot of good football and basketball then.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Sounds like you're going to missing a lot of good football and basketball then.
    I am sure that is true. I haven't watched an IU game since the day Bobby was fired by that a**hole, Miles Brand...

I will be watching Denver for as long as Peyton is there. I am going to be watching the Redskins because I am intrigued by RGIII and what he might become. I feel nothing for the Colts, absolutely nothing. I would not, at this point, walk across the street to watch a game at the Luke if I was getting free tickets.... I am happy for all of you that you have been able to move on and support them. I just can't do that.... I'll keep up with the Pacers though...... Take care, Joe...

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    I have been thinking of this for a while and while I was moving my RV from Washington D.C. to Raleigh, NC. It him me hard. I didn't care if I got in to an RV Park in time to watch the Colts. In fact, I no longer care if I see the Colts ever play again unless they are playing Denver or Washington. I am no longer a Colt fan and your boy Irsay did that to me.... I know you all think I am a lone ranger in this but I am not... There are other people who feel the same way. I have decided that I will no longer watch or support the Colts in any way as long as Andrew Luck is there. I may not come back when he is gone. This has only happened to me once before and that was with IU. I was a big IU basketball fan back to the days of Walt Bellamy, the Van Arsdale twins and Jimmy Rahl. When they fired Bobby Knight (and I really don't care about your opinion or hatred of him), they destroyed my fandom and I have never watched another IU game and I am quite sure that I never will. The Colts now fall in that bracket for me and I am very sad about it. They have been a big part of my life for a long time......

The only reason you are saying any of that is because the Colts are actually good this year. Had we been a terrible team as you predicted, then you'd be watching every week so you could come here and rub in just how bad we were.

Good riddance though to anyone who was more of a Peyton fan than Colts fan. Mature fanbases follow teams over players. There's nothing wrong with rooting for Peyton in Denver. I'm rooting for him too and want him to win every game unless it: 1) is against the Colts, or 2) somehow negatively impacts the Colts seeding. But anyone who picks Peyton over the Colts was never a true Colts fan to begin with, IMHO. People have the right to do whatever they want with their time and money, and if they don't enjoy watching a Colts team without Peyton then they shouldn't watch. But if that's the case, then they in no shape or form were true Colts fans. Thankfully most in Indy still seem to be paying attention. As I said, mature fanbases root for the franchise over the player. If Brady ever left the Pats, then I guarantee you that no Pats fan would jump ship and root for him over the Pats. They are good fans. Same with the Packers and Favre.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 11-09-2012 at 11:41 AM.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

OlBlu's the definition of a bandwagoner. Good riddance.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've been saying for quite a while now that you were no longer a fan, Blu. I didn't mean that as disrespectful --- I just meant it as it's the truth. We were subjected to a lot of venom from a person who was no longer a fan. I hope you come around some day on the Colts and let go of that unnecessary anger towards Irsay. I do think you have attachment issues, which I can't say is good or bad, everyone is different. You're clearly someone who attaches to someone and views their departure from the scene as disrespect instead of just looking at it as "parties moving on", which is just a part of life.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

I watched part of the game last night, and I certainly got a "Harbaugh/ Marchibroda" vibe from the portion I watched. (I was at a bar and the game was on. I wouldn't have tuned in on purpose to watch those two teams or NFL Net's TNF crew.)

Remember the "Any given Sunday" mantra. The talent gap in the NFL, when 25-28 players per team take the field each week (22 starters plus an nickle back, extra RB, extra TE/WR, extra DL), is not huge, so things like turnovers, field position, limiting penalties, and making plays on third down and the redzone can make a bigger difference than the skill of any one position. Your playmakers are making plays. And that's what I mean by the Harbaugh/ Marchibroda vibe. These guys are getting the job done.

I sure as hell didn't expect 6 wins. I did think the new coaching staff would help (it is mostly an AFC-North staff) but thought it would take a year or two to translate into wins as the roster still needs some transformation. Definitely ahead of schedule, a nice tribute to Chuck who deserves better than the fate he's been given this year.

This certainly didn't look anything like either of the last two teams - a bad team getting bailed out by a great QB and a bad team playing down to its lack of talent without him. This is now an improving team that can make plays as a team and seems to have come together as a team... certainly much better than "losing teams" come together. Harbaugh's previous influence on Luck is quite visible. (So make sure you keep Luck away from Jeff George -- the anti-Harbaugh!!) And yes, the opponent was the Jags and that shouldn't be ignored. They're awful in more ways that just not having much talent. They're clearly not playing together, making plays, not doing anything to make up for their talent gaps. But I don't see Jacksonville's talent level of being that much lower than Indy's. The Colts have just found some ways to make plays and again I think that's more important that overall skill.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:

I am sure that is true. I haven't watched an IU game since the day Bobby was fired by that a**hole, Miles Brand...

I will be watching Denver for as long as Peyton is there. I am going to be watching the Redskins because I am intrigued by RGIII and what he might become. I feel nothing for the Colts, absolutely nothing. I would not, at this point, walk across the street to watch a game at the Luke if I was getting free tickets.... I am happy for all of you that you have been able to move on and support them. I just can't do that.... I'll keep up with the Pacers though...... Take care, Joe...

So your going to watch a mediocre team in Washington with a underachieving QB in RG3 and not watch a playoff team in the Colts and a potential MVP in Luck? You have your priorities messed up
    Smothered Chicken!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Jacksonville is not executing at a high level, haven't all year. But whenever we play these guys, it's always a messy game. Our execution against Jax was not near as clean and dynamic as it was against Miami. I can't explain that, I don't think Jax has a better defense than Miami.

I'm going to look at things like having only 3 days of prep and little rest as possible reasons as to why we weren't as crisp. It *was* nice to finally generate some defensive turnovers. To consider our current winning streak, and the fact that during that stretch, we hadn't generated a turnover until this game is amazing.

Bottom line though was Indy made more plays than Jax on both sides of the ball. We were balanced throwing and running the ball. We played good D. We played well on ST. Was a fairly complete, balanced effort. Just gotta reduce the miscues that kill drives.

Our offense also really needs to work on red-zone execution and finishing drives. Luck had two turnovers in the red zone.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 11-09-2012 at 12:26 PM.

Why are you following the Colts then?
    Why are posting in Colts game threads?
    Why havent you made a Redskins or Denver thread?
    Why do you have the Colts logo under your name???????

This is embarrassing. FYI, probably getting banned for this. Cause i've already received a threatening email from a mod. So if so... Go Colts, Go Pacers !

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    OlBlu's the definition of a bandwagoner. Good riddance.
    I stayed with this team all of last year when they were 2-14. I stayed through the Jeff George years, the Harbaugh years, the Bert Jones years and all of the QBs inbetween. I never wavered one time in supporting the Colts. So, I hardly think I am a bandwagoner. The team is winning and I am getting off. Does a bandwagoner do that? If they do then I must be one....

Banned
    Mood

Why are you following the Colts then?
    Why are posting in Colts game threads?
    Why havent you made a Redskins or Denver thread?
    Why do you have the Colts logo under your name???????

This is embarrassing. FYI, probably getting banned for this. Cause i've already received a threatening email from a mod. So if so... Go Colts, Go Pacers !
    You won't get banned for this post. You said nothing wrong and you didn't call anyone names. I will no longer follow the Colts and I have no interest in starting any thread for any other team here. I will continue to follow the Pacers here. I will change that logo to Denver just for you.....

baby steps

Why spend so much time on a Colts forum then? Why not just hang out with other Denver fans on a Broncos forum?

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post: