Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Colts-Jags

Default Re: Colts-Jags

Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you thought '98 was bad for being a colts fan, then try being a Colts fan during the Jeff George and then Jim Harbaugh eras. Jim Harbaugh was an Aaron Bailey catch away from the super bowl though at least.
    I think sometimes people forget just how much Captain Comeback (Harbaugh) had to literally run for his life on the field. With the o-line the Colts had, he was in danger of getting buried on many, many plays.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    If you thought '98 was bad for being a colts fan, then try being a Colts fan during the Jeff George and then Jim Harbaugh eras. Jim Harbaugh was an Aaron Bailey catch away from the super bowl though at least.
    I'll raise you a Tom Tupa and Jack Trudeau

Jack is someone who is not worthy of mention lol

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Swingman For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post

I sure as hell didn't expect 6 wins. I did think the new coaching staff would help (it is mostly an AFC-North staff) but thought it would take a year or two to translate into wins as the roster still needs some transformation. Definitely ahead of schedule, a nice tribute to Chuck who deserves better than the fate he's been given this year.

Yeah, I was all in on the Pagano hire from day one. Irsay hiring a head coach who was the defensive coordinator of an elite defense was a clear sign as to the direction he wants the team to go. It was a great hire, and it showed he learned a lesson from how Caldwell turned out. We shouldn't have given Caldwell the keys to the Colts without even conducting an outside search just because Tony Dungy told us to do it. The highest job Caldwell had ever had in the NFL was being a quarterbacks coach, and he had a miserable record as the head coach at Wake Forest. But Irsay did it the right way this time and hired an outside candidate who was an integral part of a successful operation in Baltimore.

It's a shame though. Pagano waits his entire career to be the head coach of an NFL team and it finally happened this year. But then he gets this horrible illness. Life just isn't fair sometimes.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Life isn't always fair but imagine how much sweeter and meaningful it will be for him to dance at those two daughters' weddings and to hoist that Lombardi with the Colts...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    I have been thinking of this for a while and while I was moving my RV from Washington D.C. to Raleigh, NC. It him me hard. I didn't care if I got in to an RV Park in time to watch the Colts. In fact, I no longer care if I see the Colts ever play again unless they are playing Denver or Washington. I am no longer a Colt fan and your boy Irsay did that to me.... I know you all think I am a lone ranger in this but I am not... There are other people who feel the same way. I have decided that I will no longer watch or support the Colts in any way as long as Andrew Luck is there. I may not come back when he is gone. This has only happened to me once before and that was with IU. I was a big IU basketball fan back to the days of Walt Bellamy, the Van Arsdale twins and Jimmy Rahl. When they fired Bobby Knight (and I really don't care about your opinion or hatred of him), they destroyed my fandom and I have never watched another IU game and I am quite sure that I never will. The Colts now fall in that bracket for me and I am very sad about it. They have been a big part of my life for a long time......
    Wow. Saw this just now because I had you on ignore. All I have to say is... Yeah. This whole time you're basically just riling people up. No rebuttal necessary, OlBlu, you've been wasting people's time.
    Last edited by CompACE; 11-09-2012 at 11:45 PM.
    Never half-a** two things. Whole-a** one thing.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CompACE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    I'll raise you a Tom Tupa and Jack Trudeau
    And I'll call with a Mike Pagel and Frank Kush flush.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

13. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    You won't get banned for this post. You said nothing wrong and you didn't call anyone names. I will no longer follow the Colts and I have no interest in starting any thread for any other team here. I will continue to follow the Pacers here. I will change that logo to Denver just for you.....

Nah i didnt get banned. Just an infraction point for apparently showing someone on the internet, up.

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    I'm all in with Rod Dowhower, Ron Meyer, and Ricky Turner.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I'm all in with Rod Dowhower, Ron Meyer, and Ricky Turner.
    Ah memories my friend.... remember when Dowhower split his pants on the sideline and everyone thought he was having a heart attack?
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

18. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

I just love the whole fresh attitude that this franchise has right now. I will always appreciate the talent that Polian brought in during his prime years here, but it's nice not having his personality loom over the entire franchise. Seeing Grigson in the locker room during these inspirational speeches is a nice change. Polian's abrasive personality and general stubbornness wore its welcome out a few years back, IMO. For me personally, he jumped the shark when he acted like a complete *** to anyone who had the audacity to question not going for the perfect season. He was extremely snide to the paying customers who called into his radio show.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Pagel the real #18

And wasn't Kush the reason Elway didn't want to play here?

Of course I wasn't around during that era or at least have no memory of it. But touche....

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    For me personally, he jumped the shark when he acted like a complete *** to anyone who had the audacity to question not going for the perfect season. He was extremely snide to the paying customers who called into his radio show.
    Yes, absolutely. Unquestionably a great executive, but his nastiness had started to infect Indy for quite a while. I hope getting the boot humbled him.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to SoupIsGood For This Useful Post: