Thread: WP Insider - NFL looking into official’s conduct as part of probe of DeAngelo Hall incident

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default WP Insider - NFL looking into official’s conduct as part of probe of DeAngelo Hall incident

First off, I realize this is a Colts forum so please no one remind me of that obvious fact.

Perhaps I am reading to much into this (and I probably am) but I really hope that nothing is going on with the refs. The NFL is the best sports league in the country (at least the biggest and IMO the best) and the last thing they need is a huge ref scandal. Granted they could admit the ref did no wrong, but the fact they are even investigating this is pretty damning IMO.

After the Tim D. scandal in the NBA, I am always leery when you hear people talk about the "integrity of the game". To be fair, like I said, this could just be a case of the ref getting into a shouting match with the player and nothing else, and I genuinely hope that is the case. I know refs make big money (and I was once told in a law class it is to prevent gambling and payoffs from mobsters) but sometimes I wonder how much of a problem it is and how little we know.

By Mark Maske

The NFL is investigating DeAngelo Hall’s allegation of misconduct by an official as part of its probe of last weekend’s verbal confrontation that led to the cornerback’s ejection from the Washington Redskins’ loss at Pittsburgh, according to a person with knowledge of the case.

That aspect of the league’s review appears to be part of the reason that the league has not yet announced a fine of Hall. The person familiar with the case, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing, said that such a thorough review “takes time.”

Hall remains eligible to play in the Redskins’ game Sunday against the Carolina Panthers at FedEx Field.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...hall-incident/

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Default Re: WP Insider - NFL looking into official’s conduct as part of probe of DeAngelo Hall incident

Um, this is a Colts forum.

And yes, I agree.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Default Re: WP Insider - NFL looking into official’s conduct as part of probe of DeAngelo Hall incident

Seems pretty clear it was a case of refs and players getting into it. I'm not sure there's even a sniff of anything else.

Well after Tony Corrente got caught dropping the F-Bomb on tv during the Colts game today... I'd say it doesn't do the league's case well LOL
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

FYI, this isn't just a Colt's forum. Ever read the description?

The place to talk Colts and the rest of the NFL.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FYI, this isn't just a Colt's forum. Ever read the description?
    Correct.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:

"Cant do nomore damage, Yep, the Ref in the Steelers game call Hall a "N" and thats why Halls eyes got big as ****. I cant blame Hall on that"

From JSteelz' twitter

This from LL's as well

"We have been holding on to the info for a few weeks... The Ref dropped the N word on Hall on the field. Thats why Hall was ready to box."

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthre...ticle%29/page5

If the investigation brings this to light then it's pretty simple in the ref gets fired. But... there needs to be the investigation first like they're doing.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    If the investigation brings this to light then it's pretty simple in the ref gets fired. But... there needs to be the investigation first like they're doing.
    I would have no problem with this, except we know the NFL (and all sports leagues) like to keep ref punishment behind closed doors.....which allowed things (if they want) to be swept under the rug.

I am far from a Hall fan, but if that kind of thing happened in my day job the person is walked out and told good luck looking for a new job.

P.S. The two tweets are from trusted Redskins insiders, who have proven correct time after time. I have not seen the video lately, but I am curious to see if you can make anything out from the video of the game. Of course it doesnt help Hall got into a shouting match with a reporter yesterday....but from what I heard this AM that was much ado about nothing

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    I would have no problem with this, except we know the NFL (and all sports leagues) like to keep ref punishment behind closed doors.....which allowed things (if they want) to be swept under the rug.
    By that same token I'm not sure if employment law allows the NFL to say what or how they reprimand this particular ref. I guess they could make a general statment on what their policy is on something like this, but I doubt they can specifically say what in this case and actually they probably would have a lawsuit from the ref even if they did that.

I haven't read anything on this so thanks for posting. It will be interesting to see how the Players Union and Ref's Union handle this too.
    Last edited by RWB; 11-21-2012 at 11:22 AM.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

16. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think anyone has charged that this had anything to do with gambling or anything like that, but rather allegations of racist language. That should certainly be dealt with harshly, if true, but it has nothing to do with corruption.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think anyone has charged that this had anything to do with gambling or anything like that, but rather allegations of racist language. That should certainly be dealt with harshly, if true, but it has nothing to do with corruption.
    You are correct. I am not sure I follow you, originally I made my post before any of the racial term allegations came out. My latest post shows what I heard/read last night.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if the Skins cut bait on D Hall. Just so the Colts can pick him up in the offseason and go with a Hall, Davis and Butler trio at corner.

He's good when he's good, but run a double move on him and he gets beat 10 times out of 10