Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 154

Thread: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

  1. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Couple things...

    1) This post of yours is absolutely an overreaction.
    2) I never said your opinion was an overreaction. I said your opinion can be an overreaction. So can my opinion. So can anyone's opinion.
    3) Did you even read the rest of my post, or did you just stop after the first sentence? Because if you had actually read it, you would see that I more or less agree with you about the bench.
    Yes I read your post I just didn't feel like commenting on your 3 games bench review, I felt like it was an overreaction

  2. #77
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,908

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    I could mix and match all of them except Lou and Mahinmi and not care to much about it.

  3. #78

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    Losing DC is a downgrade. I think it's apparent DC is significantly better than Augustine. So far, Dahntay/Barbosa seems as though they would be more solid than Green but the verdict is still out. Mahimni is an upgrade over Lou. The major issue here is the loss of DC.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:


  5. #79
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    3,900

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    I've said all along that I was disappointed in how DW spent our cap space and that this bench was a wash the players we lost. Ian is an upgrade over Lou but that alone doesn't mean giving him a 4 year deal was a good idea. We lost Barbosa and Jones as wing players and gained Green, I think overall that's a step down while I know most on here think that's an improvement. DC is absolutely a better PG then DJ and he's also cheaper and on a 1 year contract as well, I don't even see the distribution part coming out of DJ yet. Overall what we gained in Ian is lost in the other moves and considering we could have just signed Ian and kept the other players, that sucks. We also lost chemistry for no good reason if everything is a wash. I don't think any of that is an over reaction.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:


  7. #80
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,714

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    The problem is I don't miss any of the players we "got rid of". However I am after 3 games not excited about any of the new players we brought in.

    The fact that Green is a great dunker means nothing to me. I worry that he has no idea how to play a team game. Not that he is selfish, but he just seems like he has no clue what he is doing.

    Lance has played well but he's been here.

    We have no choice however we are stuck with who we brought in and they could play better once they get settled in

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  9. #81
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    UB, I think the wing players, as a unit, will look a lot better when Danny returns. Right now we've got Paul as the #1 wing, and through three games I'd say that either Lance or Sam is our second best wing. Long term, that's not going to cut it. That's got to be one of the weakest wing lineups in the league without Danny.

    Gerald Green looks lost with the starters. I'd suggest moving Sam or Lance into the starting lineup right now to let Green play with the second unit.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:


  11. #82
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Carmel, IN
    Posts
    153

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    I think Mahinmi is definitely an upgrade over Lou, Green is more athletic but Barbosa is a smarter player (most of the time). DJ vs DC is kind of a draw, though DC was much more solid defensively and made more hustle plays. Essentially Lance took Dahntay's spot and although he's had a couple solid games and did well on Saturday, I really miss Jones. He could make plays offensively when he wanted to and is one of the best wing defenders in the league. The second unit last year had less talent, but was scrappy as hell, and that's what I loved about it.
    "A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals." Larry Bird

  12. #83
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,714

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gerald Green looks lost with the starters. I'd suggest moving Sam or Lance into the starting lineup right now to let Green play with the second unit.
    The question I have, is he just lost no matter who he plays with or just the starters? Or will it just take him sometime to get settled in?

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  14. #84
    Born ready? TheDavisBrothers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Davenport, IA
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Green was a double figure scorer, something DJ could never do
    1. Green played in only 31 games on a terrible team (more opportunities to score), but with a great PG (even more opportunities to score), so I wouldn't get to hyped up with his scoring last year

    2. Dahntay Jones actually averaged 10.2 ppg in 76 games in 2009/2010 with the Pacers, so he actually was a double figure scorer in a lot more games then Green

    3. Regardless of 1 and 2, Green may well be the better player, but he's not really replacing Jones, so the comparison is pretty pointless. Green is more of Barbosas replacement rather then Jones (who is basically replaced by Young)

  15. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    By the way here are the bench players the Pacers bench players are going to probably play against on the playoffs:

    Miami: Mike Miller, Haslem, Battier, Allen, Lewis, Cole, Joel Anthony.

    Boston: Barbosa, Green, Terry, Sullinger, Wilcox, Bradley, Melo.

    Brooklyn: Reggie Evans, CJ Watson, Brooks, Teletovic.

    New York: Kidd, Novak, Camby, Shumpert, Kurt, Brewer, Prigioni.

    Atlanta: Pachulia, Harris, Korver, Morrow, Farmar, Ivan, Petro, Stevenson.


    The Pacers bench at least in paper is on the bottom compared to eastern conference top teams, Philly has the worst bench in my opinion.

  16. #86
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,836
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The problem is I don't miss any of the players we "got rid of". However I am after 3 games not excited about any of the new players we brought in.

    The fact that Green is a great dunker means nothing to me. I worry that he has no idea how to play a team game. Not that he is selfish, but he just seems like he has no clue what he is doing.

    Lance has played well but he's been here.

    We have no choice however we are stuck with who we brought in and they could play better once they get settled in
    Green has never played a meaningful game or on a good team. I mean the dude has only been in the rotation twice in the NBA and they were both high lottery teams where guys just went out and got theirs. That was the reason I wasn't so high on the guy and I have to be proved wrong come playoff time that he can play in meaningful games.I dodnt ***** about it because his contract is really team friendly however im not expecting much the guy has never been there at any level.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  18. #87
    Redemption. docpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    1,685

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    It's been 3 games. They are new players to the team.

    Perspective, folks.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:


  20. #88
    PD Magician Magic P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,905

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    I may be wrong but wasn't all the talk during training camp about Green was that he was a terrific passer?

  21. #89
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,836
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I may be wrong but wasn't all the talk during training camp about Green was that he was a terrific passer?
    No he isn't actually is really bad passer IMO. In fact I will say Djones and even Barbosa were much better passers and they are pretty bad passers themselves.

  22. #90
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,113

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's been 3 games. They are new players to the team.

    Perspective, folks.
    This times 20

  23. #91
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The question I have, is he just lost no matter who he plays with or just the starters? Or will it just take him sometime to get settled in?

    That's fair. I think in limited minutes Saturday night he looked more comfortable with the second unit than with the first unit.

    Its a valid question, does he actually know how to play the game period? Sure, he's got mad skillzz, but that doesn't always translate to disciplined 5-on-5. He doesn't seem to know how to make contributions while being a complimentary player, and that's not going to work with the first unit where he's clearly the fifth option.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  24. The Following User Says Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:


  25. #92

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    Championships are won because of stars and great players, NOT because of that team's bench. Never understood the mindset thinking if we just add to our bench we can suddenly compete against LeBron and Wade. We'll compete against them if we ever attained a marquee player.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:


  27. #93
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,746

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    I will miss DC cause he is better then what he was here and I think he will become a top 10 PG in the league.
    I would like to have seen Pends get dealt with the rest of them.
    Great off season moves by the FO.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  28. #94
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,746

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Championships are won because of stars and great players, NOT because of that team's bench. Never understood the mindset thinking if we just add to our bench we can suddenly compete against LeBron and Wade. We'll compete against them if we ever attained a marquee player.
    I disagree, A teams bench is usually why teams do win championships. That 6th and 7th man is pivotal. History proves this. Many stars are born because of playoffs and championships.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  29. #95

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree, A teams bench is usually why teams do win championships. That 6th and 7th man is pivotal. History proves this. Many stars are born because of playoffs and championships.
    From 1980 to today, other than the 2004 Pistons, name for me just one team to win a title without a legitimate superstar......... Stars win titles, not bench players.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:


  31. #96
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,000

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From 1980 to today, other than the 2004 Pistons, name for me just one team to win a title without a legitimate superstar......... Stars win titles, not bench players.
    I understand your point and have made it myself, but a better bench is still an upgrade worth making. It will make the team a little more difficult to beat.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  33. #97
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,113

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I will miss DC cause he is better then what he was here and I think he will become a top 10 PG in the league.
    I would like to have seen Pends get dealt with the rest of them.
    Great off season moves by the FO.
    Rondo, Paul, Williams, Irving, Westbrook, Parker, Lawson, Curry, Lillard....heck he wasn't even better than Hill.

    I don't think DC will ever be more than average starter and really good backup. Too small, not enough court vision to be anything more.

    And that's NO disrespect to DC at all whatsoever. But he was given MORE than enough chances to become something special/worth building around at the PG position and he didn't get it done.
    Last edited by Ace E.Anderson; 11-05-2012 at 08:11 PM.

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  35. #98
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,383

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rondo, Paul, Williams, Irving, Westbrook, Parker, Lawson, Curry, Lillard....heck he wasn't even better than Hill.

    I don't think DC will ever be more than average starter and really good backup. Too small, not enough court vision to be anything more.
    He'll probably never be Top 10 in the league, but that speaks more to the amount of talent at that position than any of DC's own shortcomings (which are well-documented on this forum). I agree with Pacer Fan in that he will almost definitely perform better in Dallas' offense than he did here. I'd be surprised if the stats don't favor Collison over George Hill at season's end (our "offense" doesn't flatter the PG), but I won't ruminate on his departure much more than I already have. If you believe in fit over talent, then we made an acceptable decision in keeping Hill. Paying him $40 million...well, that's another story.

    In an unrelated aside, I think we owe some of Lance's maturation to Dahntay Jones, who seemed to be the closest with him last season (on the bench, if nothing more).
    Last edited by LoneGranger33; 11-05-2012 at 08:18 PM.

  36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:


  37. #99
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,113

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He'll probably never be Top 10 in the league, but that speaks more to the amount of talent at that position than any of DC's own shortcomings (which are well-documented on this forum). I agree with Pacer Fan in that he will almost definitely perform better in Dallas' offense than he did here. I'd be surprised if the stats don't favor Collison over George Hill at season's end (our "offense" doesn't flatter the PG), but I won't ruminate on his departure much more than I already have. If you believe in fit over talent, then we made an acceptable decision in keeping Hill. Paying him $40 million...well, that's another story.

    In an unrelated aside, I think we owe some of Lance's maturation to Dahntay Jones, who seemed to be the closest with him last season (on the bench, if nothing more).
    i agree 100% with this entire post. Collison should have a chance to do as well as possible for him there in Dallas.

  38. #100
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,746

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From 1980 to today, other than the 2004 Pistons, name for me just one team to win a title without a legitimate superstar......... Stars win titles, not bench players.
    Stars don't win championships, teams do. There have been many stars to never win and stars win do to the fact of teammates. To think that bench players don't make a difference in winning or losing is being out of touch with basketball. The Pacers starters out score their opponents starters more then about any team they played last year, but the bench couldn't maintain. I'm not saying that a team doesn't have to have a star, but to win they need each other and those great players become stars on the rise to championships. I think we have a couple great players...the team just needs to rise and with the help of a better bench, they might just do that like others have.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-27-2010, 09:37 PM
  2. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 04-10-2008, 10:59 PM
  3. Did I miss it????
    By Peck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 01-31-2006, 09:41 PM
  4. I'll miss you all.....
    By Harmonica in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-30-2005, 09:49 PM
  5. Anyone miss it? I do.
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-09-2005, 11:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •