Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 154

Thread: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    god damnit we are 3 games into the season. settle down. between this and the "is this team overrated thread", i actually can't believe the complaining. ITS BEEN THREE GAMES.
    Overreacting much? ....

  2. #52
    Member Miller_time04's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Martinsville
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,326
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    I agree. I almost wanna take a vaca from PD for a while. I can't believe this ****. It's all doom and gloom and were 2-1

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miller_time04 For This Useful Post:


  4. #53
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,485

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Overreacting much? ....
    He aint. People are losing their **** over three games we aren't even going to remember in six weeks (if that!).
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  6. #54
    Certified Fresh funnyguy1105's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Age
    25
    Posts
    151
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    I miss Fesenko's meme catchphrases. /tear

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to funnyguy1105 For This Useful Post:


  8. #55
    Certified Fresh funnyguy1105's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Age
    25
    Posts
    151
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He aint. People are losing their **** over three games we aren't even going to remember in six weeks (if that!).
    I disagree... Losing to the Bobcats is like farting on a first date. It's so embarrassing you just don't forget it. Time heals most things but it won't give me another shot with Nora... sigh

  9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to funnyguy1105 For This Useful Post:


  10. #56
    Member Eleazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,401

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    You know what is nice about our backup bigs? They are number 2 and number 3 in free throw shooting percentage, and have the best points per shot rating at 1.7 and 1.5 on the team.

  11. #57
    Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,796

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    I wonder if we took too much for granted in the preseason, and the early chemistry is suffering for it.

  12. #58
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,872

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Overreacting much? ....
    yes, im the one overreacting...

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  14. #59
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,884

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They replaced a former 6th man of the year in Barbosa, a guy that was considered one of the best defenders in the NBA in DJ, one of the best backup point guards in the league in DC and a pretty decent and cheap PF/C in Lou, in reality that group was not as bad as many believe and yes they sucked against Lebron and Dwade, let me know what bench doesn't.
    Barbosa isn't the same player he was in PHX with Nash. He avgd 8 ppg on like 38% for the pacers, not exactly tearing it up. ESP when you consider his lack of D. We all know D.Jones's D wasn't that elite or else he'd play more.

    We didn't lose anyone who either didn't deserve to be replaced, or wasn't able to be replaced. After three games isn't the right time to complain about missing some bench players.(DC not included--but the front office committed to Hill)

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  16. #60
    Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,710

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    Quote Originally Posted by funnyguy1105 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree... Losing to the Bobcats is like farting on a first date. It's so embarrassing you just don't forget it. Time heals most things but it won't give me another shot with Nora... sigh
    Lol, I think we'll be fine, but yeah... Losing to the Bobcats can't sit well with anyone and I think it will be in the back of our heads for awhile.

  17. #61
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,884

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    By the numbers

    Last season's bench:
    DC: 10pts, 3 rebs, 5 assts, 44% shooting
    Barbosa: 9pts, 2 rebs, 1 asst 38% shooting
    D. Jones: 5pts, 2 rebs, 1 asst, 40% shooting
    Lou: 3 pts, 3 rebs, .7 blk, 43% shooting


    This season's bench
    DJ: 4pts, 2 rebs, 3 assts, 20% shooting
    Green: 10 pts, 3 rebs, 1assts, 39% shooting
    Ian: 4pts, 5 rebs, 1 blk, 20% shooting


    Obviously numbers dont tell all, but these 3 guys have played about as poorly as one could play, and their numbers are STILL comparable to our bench players last season. DC was our starter for most of the year, but when he was coming off the bench, he averaged 4pts and assists in the reg season coming off injury, and 9pts and 3assts in the playoffs, so that production is being matched by Lance.

    I highly doubt that Ian and DJ will shoot 20% the rest of the season. And Green showed us offensively what he's capable of against the Kings.

  18. #62
    Member Eleazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,401

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    At this point this year's players are at a disadvantage as one game can radically skew the stats.

  19. #63
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,747

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Overreacting much? ....
    Yeah, you kind of are. But it's cool, we expect it of you. Don't worry, we won't hold it against you too much.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  21. #64
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,635

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We'll see. I will remind you of your opinion a month from now
    That cuts both ways.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  23. #65
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,884

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At this point this year's players are at a disadvantage as one game can radically skew the stats.
    You're right, bc it's only been three games. If these numbers were the same after 30 games it'd be alarming.

  24. #66
    Gotta Play Big
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,711

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    Given the team's needs, I like the new players. Ian is an important big that we lacked. He adds presence that we lacked with Lou in there. Green is better than Barbosa and with more development may be quite good notwithstanding the first two stinkers.

    DC is better than Augustin but given some time we may find that Augustin is a better fit with the bench.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  26. #67
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,666

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The players we lost are, or will be, journeymen. The players we gained are, or will be, journeymen. It's a wash. Nothing significant was gained or lost.
    Don't you believe that is an extreme oversimplification? I realize that there are starters, then there are bench players. But it does not matter whether you are acquiring a starter or a bench player, you aren't just plugging and playing, you are looking for something specific, something that performs or better or at least fits better than what you already have.

    And that is what I believe you are overlooking.

    On the surface, we dumped DJones and acquired Green. I really liked DJones's defensive abilities and his occasional offensive explosion, but I believe Green brings something that DJones did not have. And that is extremely good quickness, the ability to create his own shot and an ability to explode to the basket. Although he is not showing it just yet, I believe Green will also eventually prove to be a much more consistent shooter than DJones on the perimeter. As much as I liked DJones, this will not prove to be a wash.

    This same trade also was able to net us Ian, who provides a stabilizing force defensively in the post for the second unit. I also liked Lou quite a bit, mostly due to his motor, but I don't even think it is debatable how much better the defense of our second unit will be by switching Ian for Lou.

    I think DJ is struggling a bit right now, but I am more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt by granting him a little time to learn to mesh better with his teammates.

    We are scrambling a little bit right now due to Granger's absence. And I think that not only leads to some of the instability in the starting unit, but also in the second unit as well. His absence does lead to Green and Lance getting greater opportunities though, and I am hopeful that will pay off big dividends for us later in the season.

    The important point is that, although on the surface we may have just swapped our bench players for other bench players, the pieces we now have in the second unit do a better job of matching our the needs that we had in the second unit. That being better defense and scoring in the post, a better distributor and a scorer that is able to create, score from the perimeter and get to the rim.

    To me, the only advantages that last year's team had over this year's team was better chemistry and a healthy Granger.

    I don't believe that we are performing as well as we should be, but I also think that we need a bit more time to form better chemistry. It will come.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:


  28. #68
    Member Miller_time04's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Martinsville
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,326
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    You gotta remember PG is prolly the hardest position to adapt to a new team. Considering they run the offense and do most of the passing. Give dj some time to gain some chemistry and a lot of you will be surprised. Collison was good at scoring but that's not what we needed. Especially when it comes to re sign him.

  29. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, you kind of are. But it's cool, we expect it of you. Don't worry, we won't hold it against you too much.
    I'm not overreacting I'm just giving my opinion in what I think about the first 3 games and the "improved" bench, people opened threads to talk about how great this guys looked in freaking preseason but I can't give my opinion about the first 3 games? please.......

  30. #70
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,075

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not overreacting I'm just giving my opinion in what I think about the first 3 games and the "improved" bench, people opened threads to talk about how great this guys looked in freaking preseason but I can't give my opinion about the first 3 games? please.......
    Your opinion can be an overreaction.

    That said, I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little concerned about our new bench. Maybe it will look better when (if?) Granger comes back, but Green and Mahinmi have been a little disappointing through three games.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  32. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your opinion can be an overreaction.

    That said, I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little concerned about our new bench. Maybe it will look better when (if?) Granger comes back, but Green and Mahinmi have been a little disappointing through three games.
    I'm not overreacting, how many times I have to say that I know is only 3 games and then I give my opinion about the 3 games? sorry but I'm not the one saying *** damn or crying around here.

  33. #72
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,179

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    Right now....after 3 games ......I only see it this way:

    DJ ( so far ) << Collison
    Young > Inferno ( for locker room purposes and cuz I think that Young is more versatile )
    Lance 2012 > Lance 2011
    Hans 2012 ~ Hans 2011
    Green ( so far ) ~ Barbosa
    Mahinmi >> Lou

    Overall, I think that the 2nd unit is better....but clearly....the backup PG spot is not so good. But I think that DJ and Green will get better as the season progresses.

    Really OT.....but IMHO...if DJ isn't the answer as the backup PG.....I think that the Pacers should go after Jarrett Jack in the 2013-2014 offseason as the backup PG.
    Last edited by CableKC; 11-05-2012 at 12:59 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  35. #73
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,075

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not overreacting, how many times I have to say that I know is only 3 games and then I give my opinion about the 3 games? sorry but I'm not the one saying *** damn or crying around here.
    Couple things...

    1) This post of yours is absolutely an overreaction.
    2) I never said your opinion was an overreaction. I said your opinion can be an overreaction. So can my opinion. So can anyone's opinion.
    3) Did you even read the rest of my post, or did you just stop after the first sentence? Because if you had actually read it, you would see that I more or less agree with you about the bench.

  36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  37. #74

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    I am not a big fan of Darren Collison, but gawwwd... I'd rather have him out there than DJ. I wouldn't mind seeing them give Ben a shot soon.
    Green looks like a rookie, where Djones was a solid vet, you knew what you were going to get with him. He was a floor leader on defense and that is hard to replace. I have no idea what Green will do at any given moment. Hopefully it doesn't involve difficult passes.

    I like Mahinmi. Very happy with him on the team.

    That said, lets let em stew in the pot a bit, maybe things will smooth out.

  38. #75
    Funk Seoul Brother Frostwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,318

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

    oh look, the real vnzla is back again.

    barbosa was 6th man of the year half a decade ago.
    dahntay is absolutely NOT one of the best defenders in the nba. sure he draws charges here and there, but you could say that about a half a dozen different bench players in the league.
    Last edited by Frostwolf; 11-05-2012 at 01:09 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-27-2010, 10:37 PM
  2. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 04-10-2008, 10:59 PM
  3. Did I miss it????
    By Peck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 01-31-2006, 10:41 PM
  4. I'll miss you all.....
    By Harmonica in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-30-2005, 10:49 PM
  5. Anyone miss it? I do.
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-09-2005, 12:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •