Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

Default Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

I hope this changes and I realize it's early but right now I'm pining for Darren Collison back. I miss the energy and intensity of Dahntay Jones. Same with Lou Amundson. I think I would take him at this point over Mahinmi.Barbosa over Green? You bet. I was excited about the changes but so far I see a step backwards. I'll get back to you a month or two from now but I am definitely disappointed at this point.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Right Now I Miss Every Player We Got Rid Of

Disagree

4. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Miller_time04 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by Miller_time04 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Disagree
    We'll see. I will remind you of your opinion a month from now

You knew exactly what to expect from them so it's hard to be disappointed. Now we have to learn what the new guys can do.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    You knew exactly what to expect from them so it's hard to be disappointed. Now we have to learn what the new guys can do.
    I didn't know exactly what to expect. To tell you the truth I knew very little about Mahinmi or Green for that matter. I always liked what I saw out of Augustine but so far he has been kind of meh.

I meant that you knew what to expect from our old players. We don't have a good grasp of the limitations of the new players, so anything they can't do is new to us.

Mood

Collison is the only player I even come close to thinking about agreeing with. Barbosa was decent for scoring but I think green is much more efficient. And plays way better defense. Yah he's had some bad games, but he had a killer pre season and is getting better every game. Ian also had a good preseason and I could tell he's way better than Lou because they played against each other and it was obvious. His height just gives him too much of an advantage and he has a way better offensive game.

Collison and dj on the other hand I have no clue yet. I'm still waiting on dj to gel with the team and show what he can do. But even so we couldn't afford Darren eventually and we needed to pick between hill And him and I think we made the right choice.

Give them some more time. Ppl take a while to adjust to a new team. Even the heat took half of a year to play decent together at first.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miller_time04 For This Useful Post:

The players we lost are, or will be, journeymen. The players we gained are, or will be, journeymen. It's a wash. Nothing significant was gained or lost.

13. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Green is doing ok so far, his outside shooting is a bit streaky but he is doing a pretty good job getting to the rim.

Mahinmi should be ok in time, I think we've got to work out how to use him properly. His hands aren't great and we keep throwing tough catches at him.

Augustin looks barely passable on offense and lost out there defensively. Not just his inability to stay in front of his opponent, but poor positioning and awareness.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skyfire For This Useful Post:

New bench guys have been basically detrimental, imo. DJs as bad as billed defensively, shoots a low percent for his career because hes a bad shooter. Greens look scared to play, his first two games were terrible, imo. He really can't handle the ball. Mahimni refused to impose his physical play, he's playing like he has 5 fouls, from the first moment he checks in. I think Lance and Tyler have looked good, but I agree with the OP, so far this has been really bad. I hope its not a case of the grass is greener working against management. To this point, I can't think of one thing that DC doesn't do waaaayyyyyyy better than Augustin. We'll see, its way early , but I'd take DC, DJones, Barbosa, and Lou over this group and give you 10 points in a pick up game.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

At the very least we were better off with DC. If we had to have Ian and his 4 year deal (which I disagree with), then we should have just signed him. Having DC and Jones would over DJ and Green would have given us a win against the Bobcats. DC was on a 1 year deal for a lot less then the 1 year deal that DJ is on.
    Last night DC put up 18 and 10 assist in 32 minutes against the Cats. I never fall in love with a player during the preseason or summer league. When DJ has his first good game, I'm still not going to be overjoyed. He, Green and Ian have a long way to go to justify their contracts and signings.

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    I hope this changes and I realize it's early but right now I'm pining for Darren Collison back. I miss the energy and intensity of Dahntay Jones. Same with Lou Amundson. I think I would take him at this point over Mahinmi.Barbosa over Green? You bet. I was excited about the changes but so far I see a step backwards. I'll get back to you a month or two from now but I am definitely disappointed at this point.
    Right now the Pacers are 2-1 with a win on the road missing their best offensive player.... Folks in Indy expect way too much from their teams and their players......

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    The players we lost are, or will be, journeymen. The players we gained are, or will be, journeymen. It's a wash. Nothing significant was gained or lost.
    That is the truth.... All of that change meant there was minimal improvement if any. I was saying that here and I got hooted down as usual. That is why I think the Pacers will back up just a bit in the East because other teams improved their starters... 48-34 fourth or fifth in the East......

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

3 games into the season...... the complaints are coming in quickly. Can't please everyone.
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sportfireman For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by sportfireman View Post
    3 games into the season...... the complaints are coming in quickly. Can't please everyone.
    I guess they would only be happy with 3-0. They are going to be unhappy many times this season and happy many more times...

The only player you should be missing is Granger.

If Granger were healthy with our current roster, we'd be playing a lot better. Its only been 3 games - we've won 2 (by a very small margin).

Our roster has drastically changed this off season. These guys are going to need dome time to gel together. Lance has never played these many mins and he's only getting more and more comfortable each game.

Its a long 82 game season....
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MillerTime For This Useful Post:

Mood

Its a long season Green, Mahinmi and Augustin will prove to be much better in the long run than those they replaced.

Last night stubborn Frank almost blew it playing an obviously worn out Hibbert the final 16 minutes and also sitting his most effective offensive player Gerald Green the final 16 minutes. Hibbert, Hill and West were gassed in the 1st overtime , it was just a good thing the Kings were so inempt.

Lou Amundson has yet to play a minute for the T'Wolves and Jones is averaging 1.3 ppg playing 7 minutes a night in Dallas personally I miss neither.

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to diamonddave00 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Miller_time04 View Post
    Collison is the only player I even come close to thinking about agreeing with. . .
    This. I cherry picked your answer for this comment, but I think the Pacers will miss DC. DJones and Amundson are just guys. They do a decent job, but if they are playing heavy minutes, your team has problems. It's kind of the same way I feel about Sam Young. OK player, but his best position is 5th wing in a 4 wing rotation.

Mahinmi is an improvement, even though he's not off to a good start. Green looks like he might be OK once the Pacers figure out how to best use his skill set. I'd rather have DC than DJ right now, but it's early.

Banned

Yep and at the end of the year we all are going to realize that this off season was a waste of time and money, why give long term contracts to players that are not much of an upgrade? I bet they could have signed Lou and Barbosa for way less.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We spent an awful lot of money to do nothing significant.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

I was never high at all on the "upgrades" we made to our bench. Collison may have been frustrating at times, but he had two years of growing up with these guys. Wish we still had him.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    We spent an awful lot of money to do nothing significant.
    The Pacers spent a lot of money to keep what they had with Hibbert and Hill....

Mood

It's been 3 games...
    Never half-a** two things. Whole-a** one thing.

35. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to CompACE For This Useful Post:

Man, AJ would have... oh wait.

But if Inferno had been out there.... no.

But surely LOUUUUU would have... no.

But Barbosa... no.

Would the second unit be better with Collison than with DJ? Possibly. Other than that, what exactly do you miss?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

37. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Nope. They're good players, but they are not the reason we are struggling. This team is coping with becoming the hunted rather than the hunter. It is the leap few make, many are lost in translation like Atlanta. Stay tuned...